• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , Well , Well , Alain also gets a Metagross.
    Ash here couldn't keep Goodra for just 5 episode and this guy get to use a Freaking Metagross in Kalos League.
    And It doesn't cost him anything , Just like Shota who also get a Mega Sceptile just because he gain EXP for 5 episode.
    Isn't it still clear that writers clearly favor Alain and Shota !

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well , Well , Well , Alain also gets a Metagross.
    Ash here couldn't keep Goodra for just 5 episode and this guy get to use a Freaking Metagross in Kalos League.
    And It doesn't cost him anything , Just like Shota who also get a Mega Sceptile just because he gain EXP for 5 episode.
    Isn't it still clear that writers clearly favor Alain and Shota !

Except for the fact that Ash is more then likely gonna decimate alol of them. They are still hiding that 6 mon, so I expect and unexpected powerhouse. Shot isn't winning as the setup is that Alain wants to fight Ash in the Finals so that will probably happen. And Alain either loses or Flare interrupts and Ash beats Alain in the Flare Arc.

Dr_Ukato

He who fights for joy, Not glory.
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    I agree that Ash could use a defensive Pokemon. However, I don't see why Goodra would show up with an egg, nor why Serena would even need a new Pokemon given that she's 99.9% likely to leave in a few months, and it's not like she'll do much until then anyway imo.

I don't think that Serena and co will be leaving just yet. There's still a good while until a Pokémon Sun/Moon anime will appear with a possible new cast so they're probably gonna have to fill out some screentime until them.
    My guess is a return to Hoenn for either a new Battle Frontier or something along those lines.
    Also there's a good possibility that Serena at the very least will accompany Ash to Alola when that time comes similar to how Brock and Misty followed Ash from Kanto to Johto.
    Or Sun and Moon will feature a whole new cast. Which would feel kinda strange but not entirely awful either...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Since it will probably be a Unova thigh and go way past the league, I am hoping he gets a **Thinks of Kalos Pokemon** Kelfki! It would be awesome, A steel and fairy type, two types he hasn't caught before.

i hightly doubt it will be as long as the BW After League Arcs. We still have 2 episodes at least for the league if Ash beats Shota, and those play at the end of July. That means the league will last at least half way through August. That will give them 14 episodes till Sun and Moon starts up, and there is usually about 2 weeks break in September and 1 in October or so and then they will probably take another week break before Sun and Moon start.

We should get some news around the time of the movie, as they will probably have a sneak peek at the next movie for next year. So I am expecting to get info soon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't think that Serena and co will be leaving just yet. There's still a good while until a Pokémon Sun/Moon anime will appear with a possible new cast so they're probably gonna have to fill out some screentime until them.
    My guess is a return to Hoenn for either a new Battle Frontier or something along those lines.

But there's only like 20 episodes or less left of the Kalos saga if we go by the assumption that the Alola saga will begin in November, which practically has a 100% chance of being the case. 4 of those are League episodes that are confirmed so far, plus we still need to get the finale of the Squishy/Team Flare arc, which should take a few episodes too. We need to account for breaks too, as well as for fillers that we'll inevitably get between major events. All in all, I don't see why we'd get a Hoenn mini-arc, especially since OR/AS are basically irrelevant now anyways.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wish Ash could catch something like a Electivire !
    Electivire design is perfect and it can learn all the cool move!
    Ash's current team is too unbalanced! It can't be Ash's ultimate Team unless Ash bring back Snorlax and replace Hawlucha with Heracross.

Years
  • We should get some news around the time of the movie, as they will probably have a sneak peek at the next movie for next year. So I am expecting to get info soon.

This is what I'm likely expecting in next month's CoroCoro (August 2016 issue). Some info on the upcoming Sun & Moon anime and maybe a sneak peek or two.

But there's only like 20 episodes or less left of the Kalos saga if we go by the assumption that the Alola saga will begin in November, which practically has a 100% chance of being the case. 4 of those are League episodes that are confirmed so far, plus we still need to get the finale of the Squishy/Team Flare arc, which should take a few episodes too. We need to account for breaks too, as well as for fillers that we'll inevitably get between major events. All in all, I don't see why we'd get a Hoenn mini-arc, especially since OR/AS are basically irrelevant now anyways.

I agree on the fact we don't need a Hoenn mini-arc, especially as ORAS are now two years old and the writers missed the opportunity to promote it well. Since a new generation saga usually begins a week after game release I'm expecting XY finale on November 10, Sun & Moon games get released the following week and then the next week (November 24) we have the SM saga begin.

Years
  • Ash's current team is too unbalanced! It can't be Ash's ultimate Team unless Ash bring back Snorlax and replace Hawlucha with Heracross.

"Unbalanced"? In the sense that Greninja has done most of the heavy lifting recently, perhaps. Still, Ash is strongly implied to be making Top 2 at the Kalos League at the very least in the most recent scans, so clearly this has worked to his benefit regardless.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Unbalanced? Ok I get it. But have your forgotten everything Ash has done? He CONSTANTLY defied typing in the anime. And I mean constantly. It has been stated many times that typing doesn't matter in the anime. This isn't a game. It is a show and Ash is the hero. Have you honestly seen a show where the main character use anything competitive and constantly pulls out the win? No. Nothing I have ever watched does that. Even in games like Yugioh and other animes, the character uses something specific that is in no way competitive.

This isn't real life, it is fiction. The writers can do what they want. Even int he games, you can use nothing, but flying types and beat mostly everything if used correctly.

I would say his team is pretty freaking powerful if Goodra is his 6th.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dr_Ukato

He who fights for joy, Not glory.
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017

When you put it like that it makes sense.
    However most times the anime series is rarely ever released at the same time as the game it's based on. Which is why I said that they'll most likely find a way to keep the current series going a while longer. Or have them follow Ash to Alola similar to how they did with Kanto - Johto.
    My point is that by the end of a series most trainers of the cast has a full team or at least a fully evolved "main Pokémon".
    Since Serena's main Pokémon is still only a Braixen I found it strange if they would split up the Kalos gang anytime soon.

Years
  • Since Serena's main Pokémon is still only a Braixen I found it strange if they would split up the Kalos gang anytime soon.

I heard Delphox is less popular than its pre-evos so it would not be surprised if it stayed as Braixen. I know people would be sad that Serena may not get a May-style sendoff but it's what I'm now seeing as likely at this point.

Still, Serena's eventual sendoff will be a tearjerker for all the AmourShippers. I could recall how much PearlShippers teared up when the DP finale gave us not just a sendoff to Dawn but to Brock as well.

Years
  • Hope to see Serena's Pancham evolving into a Pangoro and Clemont's Bunnelby into a Diggersby... That could happen during their clash against the Team Flare...

I think the reason those two have stayed unevolved was due to Pancham and Bunnelby being cuter than their evolutions and how much being cute matters from a marketing perspective. That's why I see evolution for them being unlikely since Serena and Clemont literally have no purpose now, because all the upcoming episodes are clearly Ash-focused.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I think the reason those two have stayed unevolved was due to Pancham and Bunnelby being cuter than their evolutions and how much being cute matters from a marketing perspective. That's why I see evolution for them being unlikely since Serena and Clemont literally have no purpose now, because all the upcoming episodes are clearly Ash-focused.

Yes, that might be the reason... But they let the likes of May's Torchic evolve before so I don't think letting them evolve at least near the end of XY series will make any difference in marketing...

Years
  • Yes, that might be the reason... But they let the likes of May's Torchic evolve before so I don't think letting them evolve at least near the end of XY series will make any difference in marketing...

The likely reason they let May's Torchic evolve was because Blaziken was the most popular final-stage Hoenn starter (I think) which was also why it got a Mega before the other two did. Greninja is obviously the most popular of the Kalos starters, to the point Chesnaught and Delphox have only made minor appearances at most.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • The likely reason they let May's Torchic evolve was because Blaziken was the most popular final-stage Hoenn starter (I think) which was also why it got a Mega before the other two did. Greninja is obviously the most popular of the Kalos starters, to the point Chesnaught and Delphox have only made minor appearances at most.

May's Combusken didn't evolve until almost the end of Advanced/RS series though... By the way, they also let Jessie's Pumpkaboo evolve...

Years
  • May's Combusken didn't evolve until almost the end of Advanced/RS series though... By the way, they also let Jessie's Pumpkaboo evolve...

I did find it weird why the writers held off Combusken's evolution until the very end, but I guess Combusken may have fitted May's Contest career better while she was still part of the group so when her saga was over they decided to evolve it because May wasn't going to make major appearances anymore.

I wasn't sure if Gourgeist had a marketing-based reason behind its evolution though. But anyways, can't see any more of the XY team evolving a Pokemon because Ash's team is all fully-evolved while Clemont and Serena are irrelevant now that their sagas have finished.

Years
  • The dude who lives at Goodra's swamp is listed on the VA list of an upcoming episode. So it's basically implied that he'll contact Ash and send Goodra to him imo.

Back