• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XY

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Hello, new here. I've been lurking around for a couple days and I figured I'd go ahead an make an account.

I don't have X or Y yet, but I'm hoping to get a Nintendo 3DS and the game in May. In the meantime, I'm playing Ruby on my old Gameboy Advanced. Trying to see if I can catch all the Pokemon available on the game before I get X or Y.

Ruby was the last Pokemon game I had played years ago, so I've missed all the generations in between the 3rd and now. Is it worth my while to pick up any of those generations while I'm at it? Also, what is the difference between Black/White and Black2/White2?

Hoping to learn how the game has changed and meet some people before I pick up a 3DS and share my gamer tag!

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Welcome to PC, SDinsane. Glad you made an account.
    I'm also hoping I can get my hands on X or Y soon, but I doubt it.
    Anyways, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were a pretty good group of games, but unless you are planning on completing the PokeDex for X and Y those games are probably not worth the buy now. Heartgold and Soul Silver were a good way to play a nostalgic game on a higher graphical level, so if you're looking into playing those again that wouldn't be a bad buy.
    BW and B2/W2 are different because B2/W2 is the second game in the series. As in it's an enhancement on the first one. If you wanna play both you can get the series. If you really just want to play one, then I'd say do B2 or W2 first. However, I've heard those are the worst games in the main Pokemon series a numerous amount of times, so it might not be worth it unless you're trying to get into the feel of the new games and stuff.

Hope this post helped, and I hope I'll be seeing you around!

chihoeek

(=w=)/
    Years
    Hi SDinsane!
    I'm new here too, but welcome anyway! I was doing the same thing, kind of lurking around the site. I'm glad you've decided to join as well~!

I just got Pokemon Y and a 3DS Christmas and I've already played through the elite twice (a huge feat for me, because I tend to restart for no reason frequently in Pokemon games). It's a great game, and I really hope you'll enjoy it!

As for the other games, I personally found Pokemon Black to be my favorite game from the entire series (with Y as a close second). It had a fantastic story line in my opinion, but I guess a lot of people didn't enjoy it? I haven't finished Pokemon Black 2 yet, but it's kind of a continuation of Black. If I ever get around to finishing it, I'll let you know how it is. C: I also really liked Heartgold/Soulsilver, but it's of course not a necessity.

Good luck in your quest to finish the Pokedex in Ruby, and I hope to see you around! (ouo)/​

Years
    Well hi there SDinsane, welcome to the forums!

So last game you played prior to X/Y was Ruby? That was ironically my first ever Pokemon game, and I actually played 4th and 5th Gen unlike you, but you really should give them a go sometime because both had some pretty good games in the series. Out of BW and B2W2 I personally liked B2W2 better but I love the whole 5th Gen itself. Even though I've now played XY it will still be hard going back because of how used I got to the new graphics and stuff. HGSS and Platinum are really worth checking out if you want to catch up on 4th Gen as well, all are pretty good games.

But anyways glad to hear you plan on eventually playing XY soon, so playing 4th and 5th Gen will give you some time to catch up so you can get used to their mechanics and stuff. I do hope you get to stick around here at PC because we love having new members around plus we are a very diverse community. Have fun and if you need help ask any staff members, plus I'm always here if you need a new friend.

I do hope to catch you around the forums!

- Hikari

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Heyheyyyy! Well, it's great that you've made an account at last, as I'm sure you won't be too disappointed by doing so! Welcome to PC! <3

Ah, good luck on your pokedex quest! I haven't really completed Pokemon Ruby's pokedex, since I more or less, play it casually and just beat the game, but, the pokemon there are really great to have! I really love the 3rd gen of pokemon too, and I really hope to play it again sometime when I'm finished with y other games, like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze or Bravely Default. Ah, meanwhile, maybe take a look at the Advance Generation board? To talk about the 3rd gen games with other members, I recommend stopping by there! (:

Well, I'd say it's pretty worth it to at least try the other generations! They're all pretty fun to play. Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are the original Gen 5 games for the DS, while Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are the sequels that are said to take place 2 years after the events from Pokemon Black & White. They're both pretty good, although my personal preference of the two is pokemon b2w2, because they have more variety of pokemon, and to me it's good to have more diverse teams. But story wise, I'd say I'd go with Pokemon BW. It's your preference!

Thanks for coming, and take care! Enjoy your stay on PC, and we're always happy to help around the forums anytimeeee. <33

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. I think I'll be checking out at least Black2/White2 before getting to into XY too much.

Currently trying to catch a Feebas in Ruby, any advice? :)

Back