• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Y.G.O. (Who did you base your deck after?If any)

Duelist god

Yugioh Master
    Years
    Hey I almost have all of my deck but I am still waiting for the last six cards but for now this is my deck. The name of my deck is Magic Crush. I based it on one of my favorite people on the show, KIBA. He?s the man with blue eyes white dragon. He doesn?t play around with the other dueler, like I use to do? so I changed my deck to give me control of the whole duel. The first list is my side deck.

Side Deck

Monsters:

1x Mucus Yolk
    1x Chaos Sorcerer

Traps:

2x Ojama Trio

Magic:

1x Stop Defense
    1x My Body As A Shield
    1x D.D. Designator
    1x Reload
    1x Mystic Plasma Zone
    1x Monster Reborn
    1x Swords Of Revealing Light
    1x Axe Of Despair
    1x Graceful Charity
    1x Change Of Heart
    1x Pot Of Greed
    1x Harpie?s Feather Duster

Now that I got that little list out of the way I can write the real list. This is the list of cards for my Magic Crush deck. But first I am sure if you look at my side deck list of cards you will see that the most common magic cards are in their and they are all limited to one in a deck, not all but most of them are. Back to my point, you still most likely don?t know the theme of my deck. Well not yet anyway. So here is my deck so please tell me what you think.

MAGIC CRUSH DECK

MONSTERS:

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon (like I said just like ?The man? kiba)
    1x Black Luster Soldier- Envoy Of The Beginning
    2x Crimson Ninja
    3x Manju Of The Ten thousand Hands
    2x Kaiser Sea Horse
    3x Des Feral Imp
    2x Balloon Lizard
    1x Mad Dog Of Darkness
    1x Stealth Bird
    1x Shinato, King Of A Higher Plane
    2x Des Koala
    2x Lava Golem
    1x Giga Gagagigo
    1x Berserk Gorilla
    1x Cyber Jar
    1x Guardian Sphinx
    1x Manticore Of Darkness
    1x Bowganian
    1x Germini Elf

Another monster I have but don?t use unless the person would like to fight me at my best is Obelisk The Tormentor. I know it is not tournament legal, for me it is more just for fun. Another monster witch is one of the six cards I still need to get is three sprite reapers.

Magic:

1x Dimension Fusion
    3x D.D. Borderline
    1x My Body As A Shield
    1x Shinato?s Ark

Traps:

2x Nightmare Wheel
    1x Ring Of Destruction
    1x Bad Reaction To Simochi
    1x Magic Jammer
    2x Just Desserts
    1x Mask Of Restrict
    2x Blasting The Ruins
    1x Curse of Darkness
    1x A Hero Emerges
    1x The Eye Of Truth
    2x Dust Tornado
    2x Tower Of Babel
    1x Gravity Bind
    1x Magic Cylinder
    2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
    1x Self-Destruct Button
    1x Ordeal OF A Traveler
    1x Seven Tools Of The Bandit
    1x Fiend's Hand Mirror

So once again this is my deck based off of Kiba's. Hope you can see the use of my cards and why I have all the good magic cards in my side deck. If you can't see the point of my deck Please don't post. Because against this deck the only way anyone has beaten me is by Exodia. Then again that is why I also have DD designator in my side deck. So any way tell me what you think. And feel free to post your own deck.

FAVORITE CARD:Cyber Jar

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    umm..cocky are we? that is a really weak deck a instawin deck could kill you in less then 10 min.

Duelist god

Yugioh Master
    Years
    Not cocky, Proud...

Cocky? I'am not cocky, So far after three tornaments and dueling in school only exodia has stoped my deck.Instawin? I would assume you mean instant win deck. How would you pull off an instant win with out using exodia? You can't, the other quick ways are listed below.

1.Destiny board
    2.Wave mostion cannon
    3. Yata Locking

First Trying to Yata lock me won't work. DD borderline... wait a minute why am i telling you how my deck can stop those three things.

Here is an over view of point of my deck.

1. I stall using D.D. Borderline to stop the battle phase

2. Use card likeGravity Bind, Magic Cylinder, Nightmare Wheel, Compulsory Evacuation Device to stop you from attacking and hurt you.

3. The effects of my monsters:
    Cyber jar-make me send card to the graveyard, Help me get needed cards, Kill off the other player strong monster.
    Des Feral Imp: Get any cards i need back into my deck.
    Balloon Lizard:Sits while D.D. Borderline is no the field. You kill the balloon lizard you get massive damage.( So using cards like Dark hole will be less likely)
    Stealth Bird, Des Koala, and Bowganian: are all about the life points baby
    Lava Golm: Kill off two of your guys and lava golm can't attack because of d.d. Also mask of restrict so you may not kill it off.( i have two in my deck, lava golm that is.)
    4. I make it so you may not use magics, hence the name.
    -Tower Of Babel-Dust Tornado-Curse of Darkness-Magic Jammer
    5. Just the effect of some of my traps.
    Bad Reaction To Simochi-Ring Of Destruction -Just Desserts-Blasting The Ruins
    -A Hero Emerges-The Eye Of Truth-,Self-Destruct Button,-Ordeal OF A Traveler
    - Seven Tools Of The Bandit-Fiend's Hand Mirror.
    6. The last part of my deck, That is not here yet, is barrel behind the door. What i do is take any moster with an attack of 3000 or more and kill it with ring of distruction and then use barrel behind the door, sending all 6,000 to your life points.

Anyway i have to go so post a deck or two and see you soon.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    I based my deck on Exodia.. you know how it goes, witch of the black forest, sangan, mysic tomato etc.. :knockedou

And Destiny Board isn't instant win.. you must wait for 4 turns for INAL.. and you can use mystical space typhoon orsomething..

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Duelist god said:
    Cocky? I'am not cocky, So far after three tornaments and dueling in school only exodia has stoped my deck.Instawin? I would assume you mean instant win deck. How would you pull off an instant win with out using exodia? You can't, the other quick ways are listed below.

1.Destiny board
    2.Wave mostion cannon
    3. Yata Locking

First Trying to Yata lock me won't work. DD borderline... wait a minute why am i telling you how my deck can stop those three things.

Here is an over view of point of my deck.

1. I stall using D.D. Borderline to stop the battle phase

2. Use card likeGravity Bind, Magic Cylinder, Nightmare Wheel, Compulsory Evacuation Device to stop you from attacking and hurt you.

3. The effects of my monsters:
    Cyber jar-make me send card to the graveyard, Help me get needed cards, Kill off the other player strong monster.
    Des Feral Imp: Get any cards i need back into my deck.
    Balloon Lizard:Sits while D.D. Borderline is no the field. You kill the balloon lizard you get massive damage.( So using cards like Dark hole will be less likely)
    Stealth Bird, Des Koala, and Bowganian: are all about the life points baby
    Lava Golm: Kill off two of your guys and lava golm can't attack because of d.d. Also mask of restrict so you may not kill it off.( i have two in my deck, lava golm that is.)
    4. I make it so you may not use magics, hence the name.
    -Tower Of Babel-Dust Tornado-Curse of Darkness-Magic Jammer
    5. Just the effect of some of my traps.
    Bad Reaction To Simochi-Ring Of Destruction -Just Desserts-Blasting The Ruins
    -A Hero Emerges-The Eye Of Truth-,Self-Destruct Button,-Ordeal OF A Traveler
    - Seven Tools Of The Bandit-Fiend's Hand Mirror.
    6. The last part of my deck, That is not here yet, is barrel behind the door. What i do is take any moster with an attack of 3000 or more and kill it with ring of distruction and then use barrel behind the door, sending all 6,000 to your life points.

Anyway i have to go so post a deck or two and see you soon.

OHH.. 3 whole tournement's i've been to a couple hundred so dont get to full of yourself and i was talking about useing a instawin deck useing cards like Master force, God of Reserrection, Gateway to the beyond, Instawin, and so on they'll come out soon in america.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Just a question:
    Yata lock you can get out of how? I doubt you can stop a CED from hitting the field, prevent its ability from activateing, causing everything you have on the field to be gone, and then get locked by Yata...

katiobod

B.O.D.
    Years
    Hey can anyone answer this Question what is A ced, mst, and any other slang words in the YCG that i should know. Oh, also what is and when will instawin cards behere? Thank you

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    In about a year but these are hard to get you get a pack of these cards only by winning a tournement at least that's how japan did it.

PFrog

Creator of PFrog.CJB.net
    Years
    SEriously, "duelist god" I don't know anyone who would lose to you! You should burn your blue eyes and Kaiser SH. U don't need Chaos Sorcerer and Blakc Luster Soldier - 2. But WOW 3 whole tournaments! Too bad i've only ever lost 1 tournament, and I was in second place!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Now Pfrog, don't need to be cocky. :P

Anyway, just as a side note, his deck is based off Kaiba's deck, whichever one he's basing off.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Well my deck is based of lgiht and dark people say that darkness swallows light but light will always prevail so i mixed them and it turns out to be a great deck

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yeah. There has been quite a few light/dark decks running about lately, using Chaos monsters...It gets quite annoying nowadays. lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I just stick to a direct damage but i dont play as much...i came in 18th in the world champisonship 4 years ago and 13 in the japanese final's 2 years ago and after that it's kinda...well boring if i were still in japan there are a lot of people i know that i could get a good challange from.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I guess. But the bannings from Konami actually can spice up the dying game tho. I mean, since it is a final desperate struggle...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Umm you know the game is no where near dead right? I though it was once I heard that the manga ended but it t urns out it has got a lot of life left.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Ummmmm..no. The game is dying. You can see that. The popular YGO cults of pacific mall is falling. Weekly tournaments are now every other week. The once filled with YGO people store now houses half of its original roster, and the other roster now switching to play Marvel, Duel Masters, or .hack. With the situation going on here, it looks like Duel Masters is going to pick up its pace, as it WAS in Japan.

Quite frankly, YGO is now officially dead in Japan. The only real CCGs in Japan that is still getting millions are magic and Duel MAsters (just happens so that both are from Wizards lol). So that was the reasonfor the bannings to take place in Japan.

Down here again. Upper Deck can't do crap about anything here. The pricings for the cards have rocketed during the last few months, with cards going $40+ for good stuff. You can take that money to buy specific Magic/Marvel/Duel Masters/Pokemon cards and STILL get a decent deck out of it. In YGO, it's 1 card.

Aside from the tremendous price spike, Upper Deck made the foolish move (it's the worst move they've made yet) to NOT DO THE BANNINGS. Upper Deck should have learned stuff from Wizards and how Wizards made a 10-year running, and still alive and kicking CCG. They should have learned from Wizards' experience with Black Summer and Combo Winter (these are the two time periods when magic started to die due to the massive amount of broken cards within the card pool. This was temporarily fixed with bannings, then permanently by rotating them out of Type 2, while keeping them banned in other formats). Instead, they keep every single card that should have been banned long before.

The next thing is the incredible speed of sets coming out. Upper Deck made about a set every 2 months. For goodness sake, Magic has 4 sets (3 sets for the one block and then 1 extra set, let it be a Core Set, casual set, or some otehr weird thing they're thinking of) a year and people are complaining about it going too fast. Upper Deck goes to release English cards at such a fast pace that now they're out of cards to print. I mean, there's only 1 more set for them to use after this before coming to such a screeching hault that it's not even funny.

So recap on why YGO is dying:
    1. popularity is rising among the other CCGs
    2. I shall call this the "YGO Winter"
    3. Upper Deck not pacing themselves with the card releases, thus now they haven't had the cards for so long that it's boring to the players to see the same thing time and time again.
    4. Only 1 type of tourney play, unlimited. They should have format restriction tourneys and such to spice up the game.
    5. YGO players have absolutely no knowledge of any sort of alternative play methods (as we, the Magic Johnnys, do) to spice up the game. Upper Deck also doesn't support it either.

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    *felt like posting this, being back on topic*
    I based my deck mainly off of Yugi, lol. He always wins doesn't he!? But of coarse, a large majority of his monsters I took out. I have a tendency to use Magic type. (My favorite cards: Dark Magician, Time Wizard) I actually havn't played in a couple months. I gave up about the time between Magic Ruler, and the thing that came after that. I felt the effects were getting to complex. (LOL! That makes me sound stupid!)
    No, i just didn't wanna get to into the millions of contingincies in the effects. Oh, i'm speaking jiberish, Lol.

Anyway! I also, for some reason, vowed I would never have an exodia piece, or a Blue Eyes White Dragon in my deck. I had BEWD a few times Early in my YuGiOh career, but I retired early to. n.n
    Coolest Cards!: Dark magician, Time Wizard, Harpies Pet Dragon! (Suprised many a people by randomly incorperating large amounts of Mai's deck in My deck. haha! My, Mai, thats not funny u.u)

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    ....I despise those who shove their praises of their own decks into the faces of those whose power has not been witnessed by them yet... *glare*

I base my deck upon mainly Machine cards, and Magic cards. My strongest monster, if played right, can get to over 7000 atk pts... that being B. Skull Dragon.

My lack of strong monsters and traps are made up for with Magic cards, plenty of which are life point affectors (Dian Keto Cure Master, Ookazi, Rain of Mercy, Burning Land, etc.) And most the traps I have are Quick Play traps used when the opponent attacks. (I still need that Mirror Force.. grr)

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Well most players in any TCG seems to like life gain often for some reason. And for that same reason, they seem to hate paying life. Having played countless games of magic and YGO, I've learned that unless life gain is there to be reused or as a viable killing combo, it's not worth it. For example, Cure mermaid is a viable life gaining resource whereas Dian Keto is not. Ways to play with continuous life gain is quite interesting anyway.

Counter example that magic players are slapping me:
    Renewed Faith is used in all slide decks.

My reasoning: it's actually more of a card cycling method that adds 2 life as an added bonus more than anything else. Nobody ever hard casts renewed faith.

Pulse of the Field in all White control decks:
    It's conditional renewable resource. Thinking about it, I think the pulse itself is renewable always on turn 3 for control decks anyway, considering the board position at that time within the tourney. If they haven't even touched you, you don't even need to use the pulse, it's that simple.

Dian Keto with Fire Princess Combo:
    this is viable as a killling combo. Aside from that, I recommend use of renewable resources than the 1-time use of Keto anyway.

Messenger of Peace + Dian Keto:
    Probably the toughest to go against, but the 100LP isn't going to do much anyway. The Keto isn't going to make a large enough impact on your longevity with Messenger of Peace. Besides, you can PICK not to pay.

And I also generally don't recommend burn cards (e.g. sparks, tremendous fire, etc.), since it can't hit monsters. Just player damage tends NOT to be good enough anymore.

"I base my deck upon mainly Machine cards, and Magic cards. My strongest monster, if played right, can get to over 7000 atk pts... that being B. Skull Dragon."

That's so Timmy (It's not an insult. In fact, it's more of a praise from what I think). :P

Chaos

On the life gain, Poison of the Old Man is truely a breaking card.

1200 extra for you, or 800 less for opponent. And it's quickplay. :) I've actually won at least three duels using two of these chained. RoD my Archfiend Soldier when you have 2000 LP and I have 1500? Well, I'll gain my 1200, saving me, and you loose 800, dooming you. And yes, I've done that (or similar things) three times (and I honestly don't duel alot, nor does every deck I use have 2-3x PotOM).

On the topic, I don't base my decks off of characters. I use original decks. Trample is my current one. Airknight + Baou = Ownage. 2400 trampler, no effects, and a nice draw. How fun. :) Only commonly-played cards that can stop that one (I mean completly destroy the combo, not just MST on the Baou)... Raigeki, Dark Hole, Torrential Tribue, Cyber Jar, Exiled Force or a suiciding Jinzo. Fiber can stop it, but a reset is not really eliminating it. Just postponing it.

And yes, YGO is dying. But not everyone abandons it. And Pok?mon "died" a while ago too, but it's still here. The only unfortunate thing is, YGO manga has already ended, and the Japanese anime will shortly. But the card game will live on (I believe), with the 401, 402, etc. series in Japan.

Back