• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ya know what really grinds my gears about pkmn?

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • What are things that you don't like in pokemon. Here are some of mines

You can't really use favorites like Pichu and Mimejr. in competetive battling (but i wants to own peoples with mah pichuuuuu!! T.T)

Focus sash only works if your pkmns hp is full (awwww...........)

Alakazam, can't take a hit........ (physical, anyway.....)

Umbreon can never do sweeper damage with attacks (XD my umbreon knows attacks :O I need tms....thats why)

Wondergaurd isn't skill swap able (yeah....that was my first attempt at comin up with a competetive strategy, but i was waaaaaaaaaay late, but when you think about it.......that would suck.....)

Nintendo events (ex:..............wth.....I'm supposed to go all they way to newyork to get a mew?!)

Tms (The only reason I would use action replay.....to get Tms.....I'm not gonna buy another copy and play through it again just so i can get tms...and some are a pain to get, like the battle tower prizes)

Hms (They get kinda annoying.....epecially if you run/walk north of mauville after you beat R/S. ex: o.O I need rocksmash........but i don't use that anymore >:O

Last edited:

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • Lol, those rocks north of Mauville always got me, too. Thank goodness for Fly, you can avoid all of those obstacles. xD HMs should at least be decent battle moves, like Surf.

What really annoyed me in G/S/C was most of the good Pokemon were unavailable until after you beat the Elite Four. D: For instance, you couldn't get any evolutionary stones to evolve your Growlithe or Starmie, and you couldn't get a Tyranitar. And there isn't any point in raising those Pokemon after the Elite Four...

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • What are things that you don't like in pokemon. Here are some of mines

You can't really use favorites like Pichu and Mimejr. in competetive battling (but i wants to own peoples with mah pichuuuuu!! T.T)

Focus sash only works if your pkmns hp is full (awwww...........)

Alakazam, can't take a hit........ (physical, anyway.....)

Umbreon can never do sweeper damage with attacks (XD my umbreon knows attacks :O I need tms....thats why)

Wondergaurd isn't skill swap able (yeah....that was my first attempt at comin up with a competetive strategy, but i was waaaaaaaaaay late, but when you think about it.......that would suck.....)

Nintendo events (ex:..............wth.....I'm supposed to go all they way to newyork to get a mew?!)

Tms (The only reason I would use action replay.....to get Tms.....)

Hms (They get kinda annoying.....epecially if you run/walk north of mauville after you beat R/S. ex: o.O I need rocksmash........but i don't use that anymore >:O

1: Play Little Cup.

2: Otherwise it's effectively a permanent endure. It's to even it out a it.

3: And? Get something that can.

4: Defensively orientated pkmn.

5: Yes, that Is a bit annoying.

6: It's called trading, y/y?

7: Buy another copy of the game, trade them to one, restart. Game Corner as well.

8: That's what Fly is for.

Yaliw

Water/Steel/Fighting Trainer
    Years
  • You know what really grinds my gears?
    whats the deal with never being able to find the droids im looking for?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There's way too many pokemon nowadays for me to care about pokedex completion...I just beat the game with the first six pokemon I catch and then breed a competitive team out of wild versions of pokemon I want to use....

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Nintendo world is awesome hahah its so big and I like playing with all the games itsnt not rele a problem for me because I live in nj and brookly so i can take the R and the Q train from brooklyn to manhattan pluse I have a time share in manhattan witch is only 5 blocks from nintendo world i think nintendo world is like 47 street

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • you know what really grinds my gears?
    everytime I'm surfing all I see are those blue jellyfish x_X
    They're everywhere

:t354:TG

Yeah...just like how in every cave all I see are those blue bats...

at least both of them are rather powerful when fully evolved...

Years
  • -Having to trade for an evolution.
    -Having to trade holding an idem for an evolution.
    -HONEY TREES!
    -All the really good Pokemon are in the Safari zone and are so hard to catch.
    -Abra doesn't learn any good moves until it evolves. (Confusion.)
    -They always have to have the really good Pokemon at higher levels later in the game. I want to run into a Sneasel or Swinub earlier on in the game. It's harder to make them have good stats when they're at a higher level. You have to breed them first.

Last edited:

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
    Years
  • Oh well you can't use your favourites? The ones who kick ass become your favourites!
    You know what grinds my gears, Computers who use minimize and double team!

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • What really gets to me?

Status changers. Hypnosis and Confusion in particular. I'm sorta an impatient battler as it is so I hate having to button mash the "B" button through twenty menus so my Pokes can wake up.

On top of that I hate that HMs take up a move slot. I wish they were something that could be learned and set aside so they don't count against your four move slots.

dash!

Epic
    Years
  • What annoys me...is the whole "national dex" thing in the gba games (never played D/P/P, but i would assume they have it too?)
    It's not that big a deal, but it still manages to get to me. Like, everyone in Hoenn has to have only pokemon that are found in that region? Wouldn't some trainers have maybe traveled from other regions and have some more "exotic" pokemon? >_>

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • What I hate in the pre 4th gen games is that you have to catch every Pokemon before you get the National Dex, and some are impossible to see without trading, which is hard in real life if no one else plays it...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    That they made Garchomp Uber... dumb move
    Nintendo events as well... though "illegal" methods could remedy that problem
    Zubat and Tentacool galor... AHHHHHH!!!!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • The methods you need to get Porygon. For The past three generations, you either had to do slots over, and over, and over, and over again into you went half mad or had to spend a good chunk of your money in order to buy the little guy!

And in generation IV, you can't even receive him until after you defeat the Elite 4! (Though Platinum fixed this, you can now only get one Porygon per game, and you get two Up-grades! What is the game trying to tell us!?)

That, and trying to beat up Sandslash in a sand storm.

The attack missed! The attack missed! Sandslash evaded the attack! The move failed!

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • I'm kind of upset that all the pokemon games I've seen (except for Mystery Dungeon), have exactly the same playing style.

I know that this is the style that everyone has grown to love over the years (correct me if I'm wrong), but I think that a new game with a different style would be interesting.

Has anyone, other than me, ever thought about a Pokemon stealth game (with the style similar to Thief or Splinter Cell)? Where you sneak around, either as a Pokemon or a trainer, avoiding enemies, and completing missions without getting caught. Light, sound, and intrusion evidence will play a huge part in the whole idea of the stealth game.

Or maybe a game that allows turn-based *and* real-time combat? That way, the battle doesn't get boring if it drags on because the Pokemon are free to move around and create chaos as opponents attack each other. Multi-Pokemon team battles can be very fun or very dangerous if the battle goes out of control.

[CRAZY-IDEA]Maybe even a game, where the trainer him/herself joins the battle, with gadgets and other things? That way, when the wild Pokemon attack, the trainer doesn't rely solely on his Pokemon anymore, and the battle won't create the impression that trainers should not be a target as well. It's a balance between Pokemon and self-defense.[/CRAZY-IDEA]

Am I alone on these ideas? If so, I understand, people love Pokemon the way it is, but what about the people who want variety, or a completely different style of gameplay altogether?

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    The spelling of the word "form" with an additional e on the end. Completely unnecessary and makes no sense. It annoys the English nitpicker in me.

The ridiculous trades on the GTS bug me. I've managed to connect to Wi-Fi once in my life so far and didn't get anything because I don't happen to have Level 100 Celebis/Dialgas/Deoxys/Palkias/etc. lying around in my box. I couldn't even find a good trade for random mons I needed to fill my Dex like Glameow or Lunatone.

The ways the computer somehow manages to defy all logic and probability annoys me as well. All that cheating is the only thing that has made Platinum challenging for me so far.

shadow_clone147

Day In, Day Out
    Years
  • What really annoyed me in G/S/C was most of the good Pokemon were unavailable until after you beat the Elite Four. D: For instance, you couldn't get any evolutionary stones to evolve your Growlithe or Starmie, and you couldn't get a Tyranitar. And there isn't any point in raising those Pokemon after the Elite Four...
    Actually in Crystal you could get the stones Pre-E4

Fire - Schoolboy Alan on Route 36
    Water - Fisherman Tully on Route 42
    Thunder - Lass Dana on Route 38
    Leaf - Picknicker Gina on Route 34

But i dont like how Leveling up is such a time-consuming task. Also how Blissey cant learn seismic toss in DPPt

Back