• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yanmega

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2007
    Special.

I use Hypnosis / Protect / Bug Buzz / Air Slash

Use Protect first turn to activate speed boost, then Hypnosis and attack away or switch to a counter.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    hmmm, i have never had a Yanmega but i thinkit
    would be goo if youn activate Speed boost in battle and counter
    the a psychaicl attax.
    i think you should teach it psyichal moves

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yanmega@Focus Sash? How should I know? Wide Lens?
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
    ~Signal Beam/Bugg Buzz
    ~Air Slash
    ~Hypnosis
    ~HP Water/Psychic?

I'm no yanmega expert, but that may work...if it's bad please tell me...I understand. Yanmega's D is so bad it must survive somehow.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    That's what I meant, oopsies. Yanmega basically needs 3 good special attacks and an attack like hypnosis to allow it to survive while sweeping. You can run the protect+speed boost combo, but I like yanmega as a pure sweeper better. It can be powerful...and very annoying to counter when used properly.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
    Yeah, but you can give it this set:

Yanmega@Wise Glasses/Wide Lens
    Modest
    Trait: Speed Boost
    -Protect
    -Bug Buzz
    -AncientPower
    -Hypnosis/Giga Drain/Air Slash
    Protect first turn, like everyone says, then sweep. Last slot is your choice. Hypnosis for sleeping, GD for recovery and Rock types, Air Slash for a 2nd STAB move.

Or this set:

Yanmega@Choice Specs/Wise Glasses
    Timid
    Trait: Tinted Lens
    -Air Slash
    -Bug Buzz
    -AncientPower
    -Giga Drain/Hypnosis(Only without Choice Specs)
    Tinted Lens negates the loss in power of a move if not very effective. So a Choice Specs set is ideal since the opponent can't shut you down with as many resistances. Use Hypnosis instead of GD only if Choice Specs isn't for you.

Back