• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yay i love finals!

Years
    the title of this thread is just a joke, i actually have a searing hatred for final exams. after a full semester of hard work, instead of actually getting some sleep and a decent social life, we are left with having to study and be face first in books until we are sad, coffee driven psychopaths.

my questions for my fellow college and grad students today are what do you do to keep yourself from going crazy during this hellish period? what is your favorite way to study? do you mind finals or hate them just as much as me? what is the first thing you do after youre finished with all of them?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't mind them that much. Mine are more final papers than final exams, and I can pound those out drunk at 3AM in a few hours, so while I had a lot of them from 6 classes it wasn't too difficult. Even when I had more exams, I never killed myself studying and did alright in most things. If you learn the material well during the semester you should only need a refresher, not a 12 hour study binge.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I don't have finals. Ever. But yet, I have school year around when you guys are on spring/summer/winter breaks so that kind of blows...

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    I've tried several approaches to survive the final's period, but the one that really has worked for me is to start studying way before the period starts at a slow pace, really focusing on learning logically and making realtionships rather than memorizing everything. Also, i think once you got through the very basics of your major (let's say, the first 4-5 semesters) final's period becomes way easier. Back in 2nd semester i really struggled trying to write a 4 page essay, now i don't really feel a lot of fear of 40 pages of a final assignment, wich is what i need to write for 2 classes next week :p.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Just finished yesterday, I'm so happy to be done! During the exams, I have thought I'd been more dedicated to study. I quit work to avoid distractions but in the end, I always ended up setting an alarm for 5am and studying non-stop until the exams (which were mostly at 2pm). Worked ok for 7 out of 9, but I should have done better in everything really.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My last final was on Monday. I think I did rather well on it, which is a bit surprising, since it was physics and I'm not so good at the math and physics.

Best part is I'll probably never have to take a final again, since I pretty much have all the credits I need for my degree (I just have to survive field camp).

And how do I not go crazy during finals? ....I don't study.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I've already completed my finals two days ago, and right now I'm just relaxing and waiting for Saturday to graduate. Finals exams are a matter of life or death, and your test results determine your fate. I simply go to my college's math laboratory to study my notes, homework assignments, and previous tests for the finals.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I just finished my last final of the semester two weeks ago. As I recall, I never really studied except for the hour before the class. It's physics, all you really need to know is the required formula for the problem anyways. XD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm pretty sure I studied more for finals in high school than college. I still studied though, just not enough to go crazy. Plus the finals were pretty evenly spaced so it wasn't too hectic studying for different subjects at the same time.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I can't even imagine college finals. High school finals are bs. My Geometry teacher told us that we have to study, or we won't pass. She said the same thing in H Algebra I. I didn't study. I got a perfect score on the Algebra I EOC. SMD geometry teacher.

Biology is different, I have a feeling that I actually need to study for this one. I probably won't though, and just pass it. I have knack for things like that. No, I don't have a photographic memory, nor a good memory in general, but somehow, I can remember everything the day of the final, but the day before or the day after I won't know any of it.

I start my finals Tuesday, and I have a pretty bad feeling about my AP Human Geography final. I feel like I did pretty good on my AP Test for that class, at least worthy of a 3, maybe a 5. Maybe. Probably not. Oh well, ♥♥♥♥ it. I tried. Not really. Dammit.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Still in high school, and we don't have finals here. I think the closest to one would be a yearly examination. My last yearlies were at the end of last year, and I was pleased with my results. I studied sufficiently, no overdoing it, not missing it. Did pretty well in a majority of them, only doing bad at about 2. Even got an 80% in my Aust. History yearly, despite my class being full of idiots. Was really happy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    finals are the worst, especially when you face 100 question exams along with a 2-3 page essay that you have to do them all in less than an hour and a half. That was awful tbh.

I hate finals. I'm going to do three more later on this year as I complete my three classes.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I'm done with mine. I'm in top 3 of my class (except Maths & Chemistry), despite not studying all year long.

I ♥♥♥♥ing hate doing them. I want sleep, not that ♥♥♥♥. ♥♥♥♥ this.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I have two next week - Math & Spanish. I will probably do well on both of them provided I don't make stupid mistakes and the math one doesn't have ridiculously hard problems on it (sometimes the teachers like to do that, but maybe they won't for finals since it's the last test). The only thing I really screw up in Spanish is conjugations, so I just have to check my work over really well ~_~

As much as finals suck, the alternative is usually a project, which imo suck even more.

Years
    As a current high school student, the torture known as 'finals week' is a stress-filled, absolutely horrendous seven days filled with cramming, improbable all-nighters, and lots and lots of crying. Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of finals, but I do get through them every year generally unscathed. It's all in the preparation, and usually if I do the review, I'm set.

Back