• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellin' In My Ear[OU RMT]

Years
    Hey guys, some of you may vaguely remember the one or two RMTs I posted here a while ago. I usually post here when I've got a tournament on another forum but I want a new team rated, without the opposition knowing my team. I apologize if this irks you some how, it's just a little difficult keeping track of a bunch of forums. :P Anyway, this team is mostly about overpowering the opponent by battering them with SpecsTran and Revenge killing with ScarfHera, usually ending with a Latias or Gyarados sweep. The only thing I really dislike about this team is it's lack of priority(aside from Empoleon's Aqua Jet, of course), keep that in mind while rating-- I suppose. :P

"Take warning
    There's a new generation coming"
    ---
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

--​

Fight Song (Empoleon) (M) @ Chople Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 224 HP/20 Atk/68 Def/4 Spd/194 SAtk
    Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Aqua Jet
    - Hydro Pump
    - Stealth Rock
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    ---
    I haven't used Empoleon as a lead in a while, but coming back and using him he's just as great as ever. Empoleon functions as an anti-lead first and foremost, stealth rock is its secondary objective.
    EVs allow Empoleon to survive all Earthquakes(bar those from Mamoswine) while dropping its HP into Torrent zone which allows me to blow holes through anything that doesn't resist it. I'm just going to copy and paste the description from a friend of mine, who made the set:

Ciaran said:
    He won't be OHKO'd by a Swampert or Metagross EQ, or by the follow up Bullet Punch by Metagross. But the EQs will activate Torrent. Grass Knot + Torrent Aqua Jet will kill Pert 100% of the time (as can 2 Hydro Pumps), and Torrent Hydro Pump + Torrent Aqua Jet will kill Metagross 100% of the time. Azelf can't threaten without Thunderbolt allowing Hydro Pump bring it into Sash Range, and Aqua Jet to finish off. Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet on Heatran as well. Chople Berry vs Wide Lens is a question of preference and your team.

EVs/Nature: the HP and Def make Attacks from certain leads survivable with some wiggle room. The 20 Atk slightly raises the damage of Aqua Jet, while the SpAtk raises Grass Knot and Hydro Pump. The 4 speed EVs allow you to outspeed -Spd Nature Swampert for a Grass Knot/Hydro Pump before he attacks. Quiet Nature ups it's SpAtk without lowering it's other capabilities.[/center]

Azelf - Hydro Pump brings Azelf down to it's Sash as it Rocks, Taunts, or Attacks. Nothing Azelf carries can OHKO, even Explosion, while Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet is a kill.

Metagross - Torrent Hydro Pump + Torrent Aqua Jet KOs. Or 2 Hydro Pumps will KO. EQ won't KO you.

Swampert - Two Hydro Pumps or Grass Knot+Torrent Aqua Jet and it's bye bye Swampert. Empoleon outspeeds Mixpert by 1 point.

Jirachi - Hydro Pump will 2HKO

Aerodactyl - Aqua Jet will 2HKO if Aero EQs, putting Empoleon into Torrent range, 3HKO if not Aero will likely get Rocks up, however.

Infernape - Chople Berry weakens CC and Empoleon will survive, even with Fake Out, and Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet will KO

Hippowdon - Hydro Pump OHKOs. If it misses Empoleon will survive an EQ and OHKO with a follow up Torrent Hydro Pump.

Ninjask - Empoleon will do more than 25% with Aqua Jet, can set up Rocks on a Protect and can break it's Subs, putting pressure on and preventing any later usage of Ninjask.

Bronzong - Hydro Pump won't 2HKO without Torrent, but Bronzong will only 3HKO with EQ and a Torrent Aqua Jet will ensure a 3HKO torrent Hydro Pump + Non-Torrent Hydro Pump will 2HKO as well.

Tyranitar - EQ won't OHKO Empoleon without Max Attack and Choice Band (which rarely, if ever lead) and Hydro Pump will even 2HKO SpDef T-tar.

Heatran - Earth Power won't OHKO, but Hydro Pump will.

Abomasnow - You can't win.

Smeargle - Spores you. Aqua Jet does around 30%

Gyarados - HP[Elec] says hello dello you're jello.

Yanmega - It can't do anything without Hypnosis. About 52% carry Hypnosis which has 60% accuracy so Translate that to about 68% chance of them not getting me on the first turn.

Dr Worm (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    ---
    Dragon Dance is a wonderful boosting move, and at +1 Gyara outspeeds 252 speed +natured base 110s(Think: Latias, Gengar, Frosslass). Taunt allows me to prevent walls from crippling me or using healing moves, as well as trying to (p)haze me out. Also helps me prevent Skarm or Forry from getting down too many layers of entry hazards. Waterfall provides your obligatory STAB move, while having a nice balance between accuracy in power that Aqua Tail does not-- it also gives me a chance to flinch the opponent which can be helpful. I chose Stone Edge over Return or Earthquake because I wanted the ability to hit other flyers(Gyarados and Salamence in particular) for SE. Gyarados, being bulky also gives me a good check for Scizor and Luc, as most of the former don't run Stone Edge in favor of the more useful Crunch.
    Gyarados does a pretty gosh durn good job at taking fighting and ground attacks for Heatran and likes setting up on pursuits used to murderlize Latias.

Barroom Hero (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Sleep Talk
    ---
    Heracross is an amazing sweeper for a few reasons: Dual STAB moves with 120 base power, Guts, and pretty good typing(only being weak to Flying, Fire, and Psychic(While Psychic and Flying aren't all that common), and resisting Fighting, Grass, Bug, Ground, and Dark). Because of the exceptional coverage granted by Close Combat, Megahorn, and Stone Edge, I've opted to run Sleep Talk in the fourth slot as an effective way to turn Hera into a full on status taker. Although sometimes I do wish that I had Night Slash there, give me your thoughts on that. With Choice Scarf and the given EVs Heracross outspeeds 252 +speed 130s(Think: Jolteon and Aerodactyl), this means that I can switch Heracross in after say, Calm Mind Latias has set up, and freely OHKO it with Megahorn.

Hera's fair amount of bulk allows me to switch him into Earthquakes or Fighting attacks aimed at Heatran and immediately threaten the opponent with his own attacks, 24 HP EVs are a dump as I outspeed nothing significant with them in speed.

Johny Quest (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Overheat
    - Explosion
    ---
    Heatran sports a monstrous base 130 special attack and has access to Overheat-- that paired with Choice Specs is a recipe for destruction.
    Heatran generally comes in and fires off an attack or two, which is why I opted for the stronger and more accurate Overheat, even though Fire Blast does do more damage in two turns. HP[Grass] allows me to hit bulky waters such as Swampert, Vaporeon, and Gyarados(Well, he isn't a bulky water, but you know what I mean). Earth Power lets me hit Heatran switchins expecting to get a flash fire boost, as well as other fire types. Explosion hits Blissey switchins and anything else I may want deaded.216 speed EVs place me at 244 speed allowing me to outspeed all unboosted Tyranitars, and all neutral natured 252 speed base 70s.
    Heatran loves eating fire attacks aimed at Heracross and also doesn't mind taking the rare flying or psychic attacks aimed at Hera. Heatran also takes Ice, Dragon, Dark, and Ghost type attacks aimed at Latias like a champ.

Hotel Detective (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    ---
    Latias's great typing, versatile movepool, and strong stats make it a good candidate for many teams, and she seems to find her way into my teams more often than not. I chose the straight up Life Orb sweeper set as I needed Latias to hit hard, but I didn't want to have another choiced pokemon on my team. The fact that she isn't choiced also makes it a helluva lot easier to dent pursuit users before she goes down in a blaze of glory.
    I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor as I wanted Latias to reliably sweep late game, and Draco Meteor's negative effects would only become detrimental to the sweep. Thunderbolt lets me hit Gyarados and bulky waters, and Surf lets me hit Heatran and is a great safe move if I fear a Tyranitar switch in. Recover allows me to heal off the Life Orb damage I receive, as well as stealth rock damage and damage I may have sustained from switching in on an attack, which I do quite a lot. Dragon Pulse, Surf, and Thunderbolt provide near perfect neutral coverage. <3
    Latias serves a great Mixape check and her typing allows her to take Water, Ground, and Fighting attacks aimed at Heatran; Electric and Grass attacks aimed at Gyarados; and Fire attacks aimed at Heracross.

Healthy Body (Celebi) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Grass Knot
    ---
    Celebi resists Heatran's weaknesses, and Heatran resists Celebi's weaknesses. 'Nuff said in that department. HP[Fire] allows me to hit Scizor and Forretress while Thunder Wave allows me to cripple fast sweepers, or really anything that dares switch in. This helps Heatran plow through otherwise faster pokemon later in the game. Recover helps after I've switched in a few times and suffered entry hazard damage and such. Grass Knot reliably hits the heavier waters as well as TTar. Celebi serves as a reliable Gyarados check as well. I'm considering changing HP[Fire] to leech seed or HP[Ice] as most people expect HP[Fire], I'd appreciate your thoughts on that. :P
    Natural cure allows Celebi to come in again and again without suffering from a malicious Toxic or a haphazard Will o Wisp.
    ----
    Well, that's my team, I'd probably put something pretty here like a final glance but I'm in quite a hurry, sorry! Thanks in advance for any rates I may get while I'm sleeping. ;) I was pressed for time so I only skimmed the updated rules-- I apologize in advance if I've broken a rule unique to these forums.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Empoleon is my lead!
    Anyway, Empoleon wants 196 HP, 252 SpA, 70 Spe for EVs and a Modest Nature for extra power for those Hydro Pump.
    Also, Empoleon wants a Lum Berry > Chople Berry for those Smeargle leads, and Ice Beam > HP Electric for those ever-so-popular Roserade leads.
    This set is the one I use and can still resist a OHKO from anything, except Lead Infernape Close Combat.

Gyarados wants Earthquake > Taunt, for coverage against those pesky Electivire/Jolteon that can easily OHKO it.

Heracross isn't doing very well here, and I believe you could swap it for something better like...

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Technician
    248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    - U-Turn

This way, you can also use Scizor as a lure for Heatran, since Scizor has the massive fire weakness.

Heatran really wants Fire Blast > Overheat, since overheat weakens over time, and Fire Blast doesn't. Heatran also wants Naive > Modest, to increase the power of Explosion.

That's all I can really say about this team.

Years
    If I'm going to forgo taunt, I may as well just not run Bulky Gyara, which I'm willing to test.
    Ah, my beautiful Heracross, why must you be so hard to fit in? </3
    I'll test a switch to offensive Gyara and CB Scizor while I do my Chem homework. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Yes, I suppose you are right about Fire Blast on Heatran, I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I did that.
    I forgot about Naive haha, I didn't have Explosion on there originally so that's probably why.

EDIT(After a few hours of testing, chemistry and napping): I find really, that Celebi is pretty dead weight and Scizor is serving a good replacement. I didn't expect that at first but I was missing Heracross when testing Scizor because of his great typing and ability to revenge kill Latias better than Scizor can so I figured I would put him back in over Celebi. It's been working out pretty damn great so far. Gives me my priority, too.
    Oh, and I'm using this Gyara and it's been going swimmingly:

Leviathan (Gyarados) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk/90 Def/168 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    ---
    Jolly with those speed EVs lets me outspeed + natured max speed Jolteon after one DD which is pretty awesome, and Life Orb is there to compensate for the lack of an Adamant nature. If/Once I get around to editing the set in I'll add more detail.

Last edited:
    Back