• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet another new region in the works?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Basically, we recently found a hint in the new games and in the strategy guide that hints to another new region.

My Strategy guide has the info on ALL the visitors for the hotels.

There is a Hiker that Trades you a Magikarp, he's from Kanto.
    There is a Garcon that gives you a Rage Candy Bar, he's from Johto.
    There is a Madame that will give you a Lava Cookie, she is from Johto (she is the main one that is giving the Hoenn references that I've seen)
    There is a Maid that trades you an Eevee, she's from Sinnoh.
    There is a Tourist that will tell you about the Gym Leaders, they are from Unova.

The Backpacker that gives you the Strange Souvineir is from "An unknown Region"

So the Backpacker that says, my town/facility, you'll see in due time is a reference to a NEW region and not Hoenn.

To get the gifts/info you have to talk to them daily.

So the Backpacker in the hotels is not a Hoenn reference.

I did see the painting before too. So we have the Madame, the painting, and the couple that talks about anniversaries. That's three references that I've found. Still looking for the swimmer...So four. I think I've run into 5 mentionings of Sinnoh. I'll have to go back through and talk to all the NPCs again...but I think they will all actually even out at some point.

But sorry to debunk the backpacker...I just found info on him in the guide.

Yet another new region in the works?

There were two other pics of this backpacker saying he was from some other region. There was a town/facility that we wouldn't believe. Before going into detail he says, "You'll see in due time".

This is the first open drop off that I've seen referencing another game in the works. All others were vague coincidences. This is the first time we've got in game acknowledgement of something new in the works.

Is it perhaps a possible Gamefreak Major Spin off or Generation 7 (We just got 6! DX )

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Making a 3D game isn't as easy as taking Giving RSE a new coat of paint to look like Kanto.

The next game will likely take place in Kalos and reuse all the same locations, will bonus features. BECAUSE many people worked very hard on Kalos and building a new region takes time.

Every time you add a new region you Ret-con the universe to pretend it was always there.

I think what is going on here is that GF Knows there will be another Generation 3-5 years down the line and want it to feel less like a ret-con every time they add a new region.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I agree with SnowpointQuincy.
    They're so obviously making Pokémon Z as perfectly seen by Zygarde or whatev as its name starts with Z and its design is like that. I hope there is not any doubt about that (might be official by now, don't know).

But my unpractical response would be a "duh" because they better work fast to compensate for the poor amount original Pokémon in X&Y. However, it's still quite fun to hype about and what new designs will appear.

It's a good call.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wouldn't expect to see/hear about Generation VII until atleast 2016 at the earliest. I'm possibly thinking that the third game or counterpart to X/Y could take place in another, new region? Maybe not as extravagant as Kalos but similar to GSC in which you travel through Kalos and then visit a new region?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I wouldn't expect to see/hear about Generation VII until atleast 2016 at the earliest. I'm possibly thinking that the third game or counterpart to X/Y could take place in another, new region? Maybe not as extravagant as Kalos but similar to GSC in which you travel through Kalos and then visit a new region?

I'm thinking this too. That or they're talking about one of the spin-off regions like Orre or Fiore, but it's most likely related to the main games. Mostly likely involving a new game/region.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Keep in mind that the Backpacker is NOT from Kalos. He is there visiting Kalos and states he is not from the other 5 Region either.

Orre is a Spin Off Region that does not exist in the Canon Pokemon universe and is not acknowledged by Gamefreak as an actual Location. Neither is Fiore, Almia, or the other Ranger game and spin off locations.

While the idea of "Z" is still there, remember Pokemon Grey was the "Its going to happen" game after Black and White. We were absolutely going to get remakes of Ruby and Sapphire in Gen 5 as well. Neither of these things exist and Gamefreak went a different route. With practically all of the X and Y info requiring time and effort to find and unlock, we don't even know if there are supposed to be more Pokemon than the initial released 68 or anything else.

They could tie us over for 3 years with add in event items that unlock all the hidden goodies for us and then release a new generation just as easily as they can make a new game. This is also the very first time they've ever referenced a non-existing region into their games with such hints as "Its coming soon"/"In due time".

The backpacker himself represents something brand new and not one of the six existing Regions.

Gamefreak's Junichi Matsuda also said they were not doing more than one region in games anymore. He at least doesn't want to repeat Gold and Silver in that way.

Just a little update, the Backpacker made three different references, a town, a facility, and I just found him talking about his Champion. Still saying in due time.

Also since B/W, once they've finished the initial main games (XY) they start working on the next Generation. Gathering ideas, formulating plans...etc. So they may have started earlier since they just have to edit the Kalos data we have for the second installment and they can use some of the renders in X/Y to create Hoenn if they plan on doing that so it wouldn't take as long.

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • New Regions after Pokémon X & Y in Gen VI? (Speculation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0

I think the war was fought with Unnova. Think about it, the women in the palace out right says the regions were connected. The dialog (Abyssal Ruins mentions an ancient king for crying out loud) and opening of BW1 even hints at some kind of royalty setting once upon a time, then you have the character N himself whom is against using pokemon for selfish reasons, a lesson learned the hard way by AZ. So is it at all possible to say that N is probably from Kalos?

Also, don't forget the war with the two brothers over "truth" and "Ideal", it's very possible that war falls in line with that timeline.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't think there will be other regions in Gen VI. Maybe in spin-offs, but not in the main RPG's.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Kalos and Unova aren't neighboring regions. Kalos fought the war with neighboring regions. And I know about the statues of Reshiram and Zekrom, but what if the 2 boys who sought truth and ideals were from Kalos and went to Unova. We may get another region in this generation, maybe not new, but one character in the game says you'll see his region soon enough and he states that he's not from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova, hinting at Gen 7? In the Official Game Guide for X and Y, the book says 14 Berries aren't available in game and have to be traded over from another region and Pokemon Bank won't let in items to transfer. Maybe we are finally getting A Ruby and Sapphire Remake. Maybe a game like Colosseum or XD on the Wii U. There is a lot of speculation for a new region.

Back