• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Are Duplicates Possible?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • Sadly, I've gotten back into Yu-Gi-Oh. The only card that I've ever needed was and has been Mirror Force. Currently, one of the only ways to obtain it is through Duelist Pack Yugi. My friend was having a discussion with me after I considered buying a whole box just to get the only card I've actually ever wanted. He offered to pay half the price if I manage to pull two Mirror Force from the box.

Now from my experience of buying booster pack boxes, I've never received duplicates before. I was wondering if it's the same with Duelist Packs. If what he says is true, it's entirely possible I'll end up pulling two Dark Paladins which are... crap.

Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • As far as I know, it's impossible to get two of the same card in the same booster pack.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • To my knowledge if it's a box (meaning multiple packs), it is possible to get two of the same card. Thing is, Mirror Force isn't a common card. I doubt you can pull 2 from one pack. If you want to, though, all's cool. There's always a chance.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • My mistake. I meant pulling two Mirror Force from the box, not from one single pack. If it is possible for there to be duplicate rares then I'm a bit hesitant to even consider this. =\

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • My friend pulled 3 copies of Mirror Force from a single box. Most ridiculous thing ever. v_v

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Well,I'd get the packs and buy 2 at a time.If you don't get it keep on trying instead of wasting like 10 bucks for a giant box.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    I would buy the box as you have the option to trade the duplicates. The rarer the duplicate the rarer the cards you can get for it.. so yea go for the box...

rosebunny

Beta/Grammar Tester - Dr.Rose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Well according to what i checked it is on average 2 ultra rares per duelist box (full) so it is very likely that you will "pull" one

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2010
    In the earlier sets (from LOB to AST), the set on average have over 100 cards, but all of the sets in the past few years have only 60 cards, so the possibility of duplicates is higher with the newer packs.

Back