• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO combos

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    here is were you can post combos in your YGO deck! Post the cards in your hand, on field and in Magic/Trap zone. and if needed, cards in graveyard and out of play.
    Here one of mine:

On the field: Lord of Dragon (D.)

Magic/Trap Zone: Two-Pronged Attack (Face Down)
    Dragon (D.) Tribe (Face Down)

Hand:
    The Flute of Summonding Dragon
    Sphinx Teleia
    Andro Sphinx

Activate D. Tribe. Use The Flute of Summonding Dragon to special summond the 2 sphinx cards. use activate Two-Pronged Attack and destroy the 2 sphinx cards. Then, look throught your deck for Theinen the Great Sphinx and sacrafice 1000 lifepoints to upgrade his attack to 6500 attack!

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    That combo has no way of working. D. Tribe does not affect monsters from the hand so the Sphinxs cannot be special summoned by Flute of Summoning Dragon. Also, where's the monster to destroy with Two-Pronged Attack effect?\

So.........yeah. It can't work.

Bakura

what is delicious
    Years
    For no real reason.... a 34000ATK Cyber End Dragon :)

Field:
    3 Cyber Dragons
    Dark Magician
    Face-down Ultimate Offering
    Face-down Formation Union
    Face-down Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment

Hand:
    Heavy Mech Support Platform
    Heavy Mech Support Platform
    Power Bond
    Limiter Removal
    Limiter Removal
    Dark Magic Attack

First play Dark Magic Attack to get rid of your opponent's S/T cards (Magic Cylinder especially would be painful here XD). Use Power Bond to fuse the 3 Cyber Dragons to form Cyber End Dragon (8000ATK) then play Ultimate Offering and pay 500LP to summon the three Heavy Mech Support Platforms (pay 1000LP if you summoned this turn already). Then equip one HMSP to Cyber End Dragon (8500ATK) and play your two Limiter Removals (34000ATK).
    Then attack :)
    If somehow the attack fails, play Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment to negate Power Bond's damage, then at the end of the turn, the first LR will take your equipped Heavy Mech Support to the g/yard instead of Cyber End, but to prevent you from loosing Cyber End to the second LR, use Formation Union to equip him with the second Heavy Mech Support platform. :) This lets Cyber End Dragon survive to fight again. :)

I think that'll work. If you managed to have the right cards at the time, anyway, and your opponent couldn't negate it. ^^;
    (btw I don't use this in my actual deck... I won't give any hints why due to some of the obvious reasons XD)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, here's some cheap combos. XD
    Cliché
    Cards needed:
    Cyberstein, Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Megamorph
    What to do:
    Summon Cyberstein, Pay 5000 lifepoints, summon BEUD, equip it with Megamorph.
    It'll work best if, it's the second turn of the duel, and your oppoenent has NOTHING face down. XD

Umm, that's the only one I stold can think up. XD

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Heh, good one, Jeremy. Well, here's mine:

Combine a face-down Pole Position with a face-down Emergency Provisions. If your opponent attacks with something like Blue-Eyes White Dragon, activate Pole Position and combo with EP. You destroy BEWD and regain 1000 LP. I used this combo while I tried to get Mirage of Nightmare for my Jaden character deck.

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Not to flame you, but that title under your name fits you.

The Sphinxes can only be Special Summoned by thier effects, plus D. Tribe only effects monsters already on the field, plus you need to have Pyramid of Light. I'm a pro at YGO and know the rulinfgs and have been to a national tourny and got a good ranking. I know what I'm talking about. How about PoL, the SPhinxes, and Dark Hole or something or other?

Towards Jeremy: That is one of the oldest comboes in the game O.o

Towards Bakura: I use a Machine deck focused on Cyber Dragons and XYZ, and I'd be lucky to get even near that. That would take 20 or so of your turns to set up and get all the cards needed. Magic Drain and Magic Jammer destroy Dark Magic. There are too many flaws. In addition to that, Limiter Removal is limited to one because it's godlike.

Towards GLL: BEWD Sucks, it's a vanilla. unless you're making a BEWD deck, which in the metagame I don't see to much. Plus, the chance it attacks and something else doesn't is low.

I have a combo that won two duels. I don't quite remember how it went, but it got 2 XYZ-Dragon Cannon's out on the field in one turn....

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I know that's an old combo sweetie. XD Here's a cheap combo.
    Hand: Solar Ray X 3
    Any Light Monster that can be normal summoned
    Scate Goat (Did I spelt it right? XD)
    DNA Transplant

First, Summon the monster in attack mode. Then play Scate Goat. After that, set the trap cards. After that, as soon your opponent's turn begins, activate DNA Transplant to make every monster Light. After that, activate all 3 Solar Rays. That should equal 9000 points of Direct Damage. XD

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    There are better comboes with DNA Transplant and DNA Surgery. Anyhow, one little simply-fixed thing: Scape Goats can't be activated on a turn you summon anything, or if activated, you can't summon/special summon anything. Simple solution: It's a quick-play :P Activate it during your opponent's endphase, which almost everyone does.

Now then, a combo using DNA Transplant, 1 monster and Deck Destruction Virus. Summon a monster with 2000+ attack that has a crappy effect but is 4 stars. I tend to go with Goblin Attack Force. Activate DNA Transplant and make all monster's attributes Dark. Activate Deck Destruction Virus (Sac 1 2000+ atk dark mon) and send your opponent's to hell. DDV destroys alot of things. You get to see all thier cards for three turns, including thier hand, the ones they draw, and the field. And you get to auto destroy any monster with under 1500. This destroys some powerful cards such as Sangan, Mage of Faith, and 100% completly tears Exodia users apart.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    ^Heh, I put that title for the Orichalcos theme. And as for that BEWD thing, I was using it as an example. Here's another cheap combo for the post:

Use Premature Burial, then use Giant Trunade, and re-use Premature.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Oh, I have quite a few...

-Play Snatch Steal, Eye of Truth, or some other card that makes your opponent increase Life Points. Then play Bad Reaction to Simochi to make your opponent lose Life Points instead! (Plus, you get to control a foe's monster or see his/her hand, etc.)

-If you have a monster on the field and your opponent has a weak monster on the field, summon Relinquished and absorb the weak monster. Most likely your opponent will try to avoid Relinquished and attack your other monster. When that happens, play Shift to switch the attack to Relinquished. The weak absorbed monster will be destroyed, and the life point loss goes to your opponent!

-Play Swords of Revealing Light and summon Dancing Fairy in Attack Mode. Your opponent won't be able to attack the weak Dancing Fairy, and you will gain Life Points for the three turns because the fairy's in Attack mode.

-Use Copycat to copy the Attack and Defense of an opposing monster, then power it up with some equip or field card. Then you can destroy the monster you copied!

-When an opponent summons a Fusion Monster, set Wall of Illusion and use Soul Release to remove the monsters involved in the fusion from your opponent's Graveyard. When the Fusion monster attacks, it will go back to the Fusion Deck and can't be summoned again! (Especially effective against Blue-Eyes Ultimate dragon since you can't have six Blue-Eyes White Dragons in a deck.)

Bakura

what is delicious
    Years
    Pretty nice combos there, I especially like the Bad Reaction to Simochi one. But... the dancing fairy one wouldnt work - her effect only works when in Defense Mode, and it's her DEF that's weak, not her ATK. ^^ Add a card to change her to Defense Mode into that combo and it'll be fine. Also, while Relinquished's effect damages your opp, you still lose LP through battle damage too - look on the errata part of upperdeck's yugioh site
    I can see how the fusion one might be useful, althou perhaps not so much if your opponent's deck is built around the out-of-play area, for example if they have Dimension Fusion or Return from the Different Dimension. (Althou they will lose a lot of LP to use them) I had a similar kinda thing happen to me once, I attacked a face-down Wall of Illusion with XZ-Tank Cannon, so that went back to my fusion deck and of course the two components were removed from play due to the special fusion summon effect of XZ.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    Mystic Tomato + Shapesnatch + Metamorphosis = Opponent on the floor laughing.
    Mystic Tomato + Thousand-Eyes Idol, Thousand-Eyes Idol + Magical Dimension, Apprentice Magician + Thousand-Eyes Idol, And... eh... Nobleman of Crossout + Thousand-Eyes Idol. It is guaranteed to freak many people out.

Hm... but seriously. Malice Doll of Demise + Ectoplasmer. Water Dragon + Scroll of Bewitchment/DNA Transplant. Cyber-Stein + Cyber-End Dragon + Megamorph/Limiter Removal.

Also, my deck... (looks around for other UK players), Strike Ninja + Return of the Different Dimension. None of this Chaos Return stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ......Most of these combos are either incredibly funny or common knowledge...Well, anyway, a traditional format quick Yata-Dragon:

Chaos Emperor Dragon
    Painful Choice
    Monster Reborn

Just pick two lights, one dark, Witch, & Sangan with Painful Choice. No matter what your opponent picks, as long as Yata-Garasu is still in your deck, it's an instant Yata-Dragon.

Also:

VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon x3 (2 in fusion deck)
    Return from the Different Dimension x3

I think that this is self-explanatory; bring out one VWXYZ, then use RFTDD to bring back XYZ and VW, and repeat until all three are out. Then, if you want, use Limiter Removal (though that shouldn't be necessary) and you've got a total of 18000 ATK staring your opponent down with FMC-style effects and the ability to get rid of up to three S/T cards, which will often be all that you need.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Cy-Chan said:
    Mystic Tomato + Shapesnatch + Metamorphosis = Opponent on the floor laughing.
    I know people consider Shapesnatch as one of the worst cards in the game but is that needed to morph into a Balter?
    Mystic Tomato + Thousand-Eyes Idol, Thousand-Eyes Idol + Magical Dimension, Apprentice Magician + Thousand-Eyes Idol, And... eh... Nobleman of Crossout + Thousand-Eyes Idol. It is guaranteed to freak many people out.
    *is confused*
    Hm... but seriously. Malice Doll of Demise + Ectoplasmer. Water Dragon + Scroll of Bewitchment/DNA Transplant. Cyber-Stein + Cyber-End Dragon + Megamorph/Limiter Removal.
    Also, my deck... (looks around for other UK players), Strike Ninja + Return of the Different Dimension. None of this Chaos Return stuff.lo The UK made it better when it was Ninja alone.XD

I read the other combos. Erm..It's already known.

Bakura:That Cyber Dragon combo should only be used for revenge.XD

Maduring Captain+Inferno Reckless Summoning+Stealth Bird/Solar Flare Dragon

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    @Ninetales: Heh, my friend Chris pulls the same combo with me. Usin' Eye of Truth, and then activating Bad Reactions to Simuchi to deal me 1000 LP. Clever, though.

Another easy combo: Mirage of Nightmare & Emergency Provisions.

Play MON and draw at your opponent's Standby Phase. Then activate EP right there, and you don't have to discard. If you've seen Jaden from GX and Grandpa use this combo, you're already used to it.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    This one is my favorite, and riskiest, combo:

It requires you to combine Self-Destruct Button and Poison of the Old Man. You get your life points down to at least 1000, using Astral Barrier or Wall of Revealing Light works best, and using Self Destruct Button, but chain it with Poison of the Old Man to raise your life points to 1200, effectively winning the game.

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Towards Ichapokemr: Errmmm...VWXYZ is among one of the worst monsters in the game. It's summon is too hard to get out. And there's an easier, few hundred ATK pint less 10x better fusion. XYZ-Dragon Cannon is good for the mass-field-destruction power it has, plus what ever drawing cards you can get nowadays since they literally ban all drawing power. VWXYZ, near impossible to summon with a whole bunch of 1500-1800 monsters, plus the fact you have to draw 5 diff mons, sucks. Sure, it RMGs, but one per turn. It's not worth the trouble. I can see a few scenarios where VW is better, but not worth the trouble. I usually just go with a VW-Tiger Jet + some other 2-card of the XYZ. They work swell together.

Oh yes, speaking of which, a combo: VW-Tiger Jet + Any of the Mini-fusions of XYZ + Drawing Power. VW-Tiger Jet helped me alot with controlling some stuff, plus whatever effect your fusion has. That and as much drawing power as possible, in addition to a trap or two as a precaution for Magic/Traps/Goblins or anything up there with those Goblins.

Back