• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO Getting Too Competitive?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Um, it's still Zombies (kinda returning as Synchro variant), Lightsworn, and Dark Deck (even with a lack of DAD.)
    Plus some Glads and the new face, Blackfeathers.

Things haven't gotten better.

Years
    Actually, the YGO kids were fine to me, as it was more the adults that were obnoxious (particularly because I played Pokemon TCG).

I'll throw this observation out there: In Pokemon, Magic, et al., any deck can essentially win. Yes, it can be difficult in certain cases, but it isn't impossible. There are many times I thought I won, and I lost, and there are times where I should have lost, but didn't. The rest is on the mechanics, to make sure you don't screw your opponent over too much.

YGO is completely different, because unless your first few turns can have you win, you might as well forget it. Not to mention, every card has a counter and be applied almost instantly during your turn, which makes things additionally difficult. It's a different game and different rules, but the formula is so intense.

And I've noticed, you can't have silly decks unless you really know what you're doing. I tried a silly Team Rocket themed deck in YGO, and I got mocked, because I didn't have the right counters or had strong enough Monsters (all were Flip-driven and a few powerful standards).

In the end, I stopped YGO, as it was so joyless and I had no passion.

And yes, there is mass confusion because UD and Konami do keep changing the rules and the banlists. What's a player to do?

And DonRoyale is right about the lack of originality, which is why I stopped with Pokemon, as well.

It was a good learning experience, mind you, but I can't say I had much fun. I was second place in a tour, and walked away. I almost would have won, if the odds were in my favor (I had Gumo and bad flips).

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Oh i know the game has changed a lot and decks evolved into something else. I know zombies are still good, and i do agree that it takes a lot of more strategizing than you might want to even deal with. I mean some of the combos people come up with just make me wanna punch the know it all for making something so annoying. So yeah the game really puts off people looking for a friendly activity card game related. In no way do i mean this to be offensive but "the deck is only as good as the person who uses it". You can have the most expensive deck in the world and if you don't know half the effects and strategies and loops, then a crappy deck can burn it in a couple of turns.

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
    Oh wow, totally agreed. People are so unwilling to help anyone and have a negative attitude to "noobs." I remember when I first started to play again I went down to a tournamount, I was rather new because I hadn't played since I was like 8. anyways, I lost 1/3 duels but The younger kids my age were very...Jerkish. haha lol *ur a jerk* I know, *ur a jerk* I know... Good thing some of the older guys helped me out plus I oddly met on of my friends there...anyways way to competitive.

tropios

Whatevah
    Years
    i make fun at those people :p , most of the people at locals are pathetic nerds, i love their face if you beat their o so great lightsworn deck with my e-heroes. i hate those beatdown, mill OTK blabla terms -> idiot, just be original and make a deck used for fun cuz that can be very good also

Back