• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Overdark Dragon

Years

OVERDARK DRAGON - 40

Spoiler:

►Monsters - 20

►►► Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
    ►►► Doomcaliber Knight
    ►►► Koa'ki Meiru Drago
    ►►► Red-Eyes Wyvern
    ►► Vice Dragon
    ►► Exploder Dragon
    ► Dark Armed Dragon
    ► Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    ► Delta Flyer
    ► D.D. Crow

►Spells - 13

►►► Pot of Duality
    ►► Gold Sarcophagus
    ►► Mystical Space Typhoon
    ► Future Fusion
    ► Heavy Storm
    ► Mind Control
    ► Monster Reborn
    ► Dark Hole
    ► Allure of Darkness

►Traps - 7

►► Bottomless Trap Hole
    ►► Solemn Warning
    ► Solemn Judgment
    ► Trap Dustshoot
    ► Torrential Tribute

►Extra - 15

► Five-Headed Dragon
    ► Ally of Justice - Decisive Armor
    ► Mist Wyrm
    ► Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    ► Scrap Dragon
    ► Dark End Dragon
    ► Stardust Dragon
    ► Black Rose Dragon
    ► Exploder Dragonwing
    ► Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    ► Orient Dragon
    ► Ally of Justice Catastor
    ► Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
    ► Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
    ► Wind-Up Zenmaister

►Side - 15

►► Axe Dragonute
    ►► Gemini Imps
    ► D.D. Crow
    ►► Leeching the Light
    ► Mystical Space Typhoon
    ►► Deck Devastation Virus
    ►► Debunk
    ► Starlight Road
    ► Light-Imprisoning Mirror
    ► Mind Crush

Been a while since I done one of these but this is what I plan on using to wreck the metagame with for a while. The recent YCS in Toronto has aided the development in this build and this is geared to take on the main top tier decks as well as the looming Dark World. Before I go any further, I'd like to give my thanks to August and Kim, the Denmark Dragon Duelists - Triple D - for their decklists as they have very much assisted me in designing the future of my Overdark Dragon. The Junk Synchron strategy with Synchro Fusionist will be put on hold for a while for a couple of reasons, the main one being that it gets wrecked by Effect Veiler, Maxx C and D.D. Crow, not to mention my own KM Drago can hinder it too. I'll take the slower but highly consistent route for the time being.

Anyway I only have a few things I'm debating on at the moment. I'm currently maining a single D.D. Crow as it can hurt Plants and Dark World once it is released. I am contemplating a second Dragon Tuner though over it but I'm currently undecided on this. I do hate Krystia which is why I'm packing two Exploder Dragons but I'm thinking of bumping one to the side board, though generally they have served me well. Doomcaliber Knight has been testing really well for me. They wreck so many things and it's great just to summon one to the field after Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon has used its effect. It's not too uncommon for me to special Vice Dragon, remove for Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, bring back a dragon and then summon Doomcaliber Knight to crash into their face down monster. It does kind of suck when they drop Effect Veiler on the Doomcaliber Knight but it has not happened too often to me. The Mind Control has been testing pretty well in this build (it was only average in the old Junk Synchron version). I have won games with it so I'll definitely keep it in. The trap line up is solid too and I don't think it needs any changing at all.

My side board is geared to take on Dark World, Agent Fairies and Plants for the most part. I do have a few spaces in there which I can play around with if anyone has any suggestions there. Deck Devastation Virus and the Axe Dragonutes will be used against Plants for sure but I might side them in against Dark World too. The virus is also good against a lot of other decks like Tech Genus and X-Sabers for example, so I think it definitely deserves its place in the side board. Debunk also works well against Plants and Dark World which is why two copies are included. Gemini Imps could be a good choice to side in against Dark World which is why I have them included. I am honestly pretty fearful of their Dragged Down into the Grave in conjunction with Mind Crush. If left unchecked, that alone will win games for Dark World in my opinion, so the Gemini Imps help combat against that. I'll outline my basic side board strategy against those three decks.

Dark World;

- 3 Doomcaliber Knight
    - 2 Exploder Dragon

+ 2 Debunk / Deck Devastation Virus
    + 2 Gemini Imps / Axe Dragonute
    + 1 D.D. Crow

Agent Fairy;

- 3 Doomcaliber Knight
    - D.D. Crow

+ 2 Leeching the Light
    + 1 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
    + 1 Mind Crush

Plant Synchro;

- 3 Koa'ki Meiru Drago
    - 2 Exploder Dragon

+ 2 Deck Devastation Virus
    + 2 Axe Dragonute
    + 1 D.D. Crow / Debunk

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Years
    All I see is Future Fusion, Allure and Gold Sarc and no Leiviar? D:
    Is this due to the lack of Tour Guides? If you could consider it, Leiviar is kinda staple, but I am sure the dark lord knows this! XD​

Years
    In this deck, it is tough to really get a Leiviar in, looking at the 3*'s in your deck.
    I guess the only thing would be to edit it or get a tour guide engine in it.​

Back