• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Suggestions :/

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Ok so here's the scenario. I'm kinda lost as to what deck I want to try and successfully build. With all these new archetypes pumping out recently I'm lost as to which one could be fun to play and whatnot (competitively and noncompetitively). So I have been researching through these various archetypes E.g. naturia, jurracs, x-sabers, fabled, worm, etc, etc, so I can see which archetypes are going to be fun and what combinations I can pull of with the said archetype. They all seem lovely and catch my appeal and different ways but there is no way I can get all the cards of these different archetypes right away as money is tight right now ya know. So I have some money in the bank and plan to do some online shopping :D. So my fellow duelists which archetype should I start pumping out the dough for? Keep in mind ANY archetype is welcome not just the newer ones and it doesn't have to be just the complete archetype but can have other archetypes thrown in eg fabled dark world, which seems cool btw C:. Wit that said sample decklists of sorts are also greatly appteciated :>.

Thanks I greatly appreciate your responses and or youre outright disrespect D;.

cipE

Breaking
    Years
    That's easy, I can tell Fabled/X-Sabers are going to be expensive.
    Jurracs. are meh in usefulness. Worm suck and are slow.

I would use Naturia out of the ones you listed there since no one knows how much of a threat they can really be. Bamboochute is very broken, but I don't know how many people are going to be playing naturia.

So what I recommend if you don't like buying yourself an extra deck, is to either run Six Samurais or Gladiator Beast. SS are fun and GB is very good if you can run it well. It's REALLY easy to make GBs since retiari became common. Six Samurai are just something I use since I find them cheap and fun.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    *cough*naturias*cough*

Anyways, if you want fun then go for Lightsworn. Its fun to play but has its downsides. If you want fun and competitively OK, then go with Naturias/X-Sabers/Frognarch/Gladiator Beasts. xD

Its how you play it, not how others say you should make it. :P

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014

I would use Naturia out of the ones you listed there since no one knows how much of a threat they can really be. Bamboochute is very broken, but I don't know how many people are going to be playing naturia.

So what I recommend if you don't like buying yourself an extra deck, is to either run Six Samurais or Gladiator Beast. SS are fun and GB is very good if you can run it well. It's REALLY easy to make GBs since retiari became common. Six Samurai are just something I use since I find them cheap and fun.

Because of Naturia Pineapple EVERYONE knows Naturias and they're already adding hate for it into their sides.

*cough*naturias*cough*

Anyways, if you want fun then go for Lightsworn. Its fun to play but has its downsides. If you want fun and competitively OK, then go with Naturias/X-Sabers/Frognarch/Gladiator Beasts. xD

I suggest going w/ Fabled or Dragunity. If the SD does come out probably Dragunity because they're really hard to beat, and Fabled are a very interesting archetype/playstyle that won't cost too much.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    At the moment I'm creating a Naturia/Plants deck, and its working well.

X-Sabers are very competitive and a good choice if you're looking for a good competitive deck. Lightsworns and Gladiator Beasts are still good too.

For fun, you could try Ojamas. I faced one at the last tournament. It wasn't brilliant, but was interesting and some good strategies.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015

Oh yeah Naturias seem like a good archetypes that I could definetly see myself having fun with. And the ones from Hidden Arsenal 2 is very cheap as well, well on this site I found anyway :D. But with more released later I have to think of some other cards I could mesh with them.

Six Samurais are good a choice that I bypassed and like you mentioned imdefinetly sure they come off cheap :D and idk much about glads so I will have to look into them. Nice suggestions definetly

*cough*naturias*cough*

Lightsworn eww xD. I should have mentioned but this but for some reason I don't like Lightsworns and Blackwings but I'm sure they'll grow on me one day...maybe. +2 for Naturias and Glads so these are going to be in my mind for a while, but x-sabers are damn expensive D;. Frognarch hmmmm.....interesting suggestion. Frogs shouldn't cost that much but monarchs idk

Because of Naturia Pineapple EVERYONE knows Naturias and they're already adding hate for it into their sides.

I suggest going w/ Fabled or Dragunity. If the SD does come out probably Dragunity because they're really hard to beat, and Fabled are a very interesting archetype/playstyle that won't cost too much.

Naturia Pineapple is cute and delicious :D I would love to eat buy them. They are relase in Duelist Revolution and the site I plan on ordering from don't have those in stock yet :<.

Fabled seems so interestin seriously and I LOVE Dragunities so I'm definetly waiting for the SD on them hopefully >:D. Fabled are more expensive then Naturias though.

At the moment I'm creating a Naturia/Plants deck, and its working well.

X-Sabers are very competitive and a good choice if you're looking for a good competitive deck. Lightsworns and Gladiator Beasts are still good too.

For fun, you could try Ojamas. I faced one at the last tournament. It wasn't brilliant, but was interesting and some good strategies.

Naturia/plants why haven't I thought of that :<. This definetly something I need to look into. Not to steal you deck list or anything but I would just love if you could post a sample decklist so I can have some idea of cards to look for.

Lightsworn bleh. X-sabers ill consider and Glads I have to look into. Ojamas xD sounds fun actually. Nothing better than kicking ass with monsters like the Ojamas xD.

Ok so far I'm getting Naturias and Glads for most suggestions :D. Anything else somebody wants to reccommend. Keep in mind cost, fun level, strategic level and things off that nature. I really appreciate the suggestion guys n_n.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    My Natplants has gone 5-5 but here it is (this is because you wanted a sample decklist)

Apple Juice gave me some pointers.

[19] Monsters
    [3] Naturia Bamboochute
    [3] Naturia Cosmobeet
    [2] Naturia Rosewhip
    [2] Naturia Pineapple
    [2] Lonefire Blossom
    [2] Gigaplant
    [2] Dandylion
    [2] Synffus
    [1] Spore
    [2] Botanical Lion
    [1] Tytannial, Princess of Camellias

[10] Spells
    [1] Mystical Space Typhoon
    [1] Heavy Storm
    [1] Brain Control
    [1] Mind Control
    [1] Pot of Avarice
    [2] Mark of the Rose
    [1] Black Garden
    [1] Miracle Fertilizer

[11] Traps
    [2] Bottomless Trap Hole
    [1] Mirror Force
    [2] Dimensional Prison
    [1] Solemn Judgment
    [2] Royal Oppression
    [1] Torrential Tribute

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Well I haven't actually built an Ojama deck, but here's some of what the guy used, and what I think could be useful. You'd probably need 3 copies of Ojamas Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Black. 3 copies of Ojama Country, the handy field spell is probably also a must (its also searchable through Blue's effect). Ojama Delta Hurricane can clear your opponent's field completely if you have Black, Green and Yellow on the field Rescue Cat can instantly bring out 2 Ojamas, which is useful for Ojama Delta Hurricane. The guy I faced didn't seem to have it, but Honest would probably be essential. Junk Synchron could also be useful, as the Ojamas are all level 3 and can be special summoned by it. Instant Fusion could be usefulf or summoning Ojama Knight. After he's destroyed, you can Special Summon him back to the field with Ojama Country. Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest could also be useful since the Ojamas aren't too difficult to destroy. Red can Special Summon up to four Ojamas from your hand when Normal Summoned and Blue can add two Ojama monsters, spells or traps to your hand when its destroyed. Ojamagic could be useful too, as you can discard it with Ojama Country's effect, and it lets you add Yellow, Black and Green to your hand. Starlight Road could be used thanks to the Ojamas swarming capabillities, and even Human Wave Tactics could help special summon Ojamas for Ojama Delta Hurricane. Hope this helps.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Fabled shouldn't be too expensive, honestly. HA02 isn't a pack to look forward to TOO much... Dark World Fabled won't be very powerful with just Raven as its discard engine.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    definitely for competitive uses, Naturia, machina, infernities. etc etc

for fun, Aliens would be neat, their most expensive card is the synchro , and really, you only would need 2 copies of that at best. its pretty fun stealing monsters from your opponents side of the field and have a good amount of support.

I've also had a lot of fun with ELEMENTAL HEROES, granted they aren't capable of keeping up with the new achetypes, but have a very fun play-style with fusion and can make loads of variations. I use to run a normal EH deck and a effect EH deck, though the latter was a lot easier to use and all very inexpensive cards

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Play Ben Kei OTK. >=D You should! Toats!

It's not very effective sometimes all the time, but it's hilarious when it actually works.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My Natplants has gone 5-5 but here it is (this is because you wanted a sample decklist)

Apple Juice gave me some pointers.

[19] Monsters
    [3] Naturia Bamboochute
    [3] Naturia Cosmobeet
    [2] Naturia Rosewhip
    [2] Naturia Pineapple
    [2] Lonefire Blossom
    [2] Gigaplant
    [2] Dandylion
    [2] Synffus
    [1] Spore
    [2] Botanical Lion
    [1] Tytannial, Princess of Camellias

[10] Spells
    [1] Mystical Space Typhoon
    [1] Heavy Storm
    [1] Brain Control
    [1] Mind Control
    [1] Pot of Avarice
    [2] Mark of the Rose
    [1] Black Garden
    [1] Miracle Fertilizer

[11] Traps
    [2] Bottomless Trap Hole
    [1] Mirror Force
    [2] Dimensional Prison
    [1] Solemn Judgment
    [2] Royal Oppression
    [1] Torrential Tribute

How did I know giga was in this build but thanks I appreciate tis very much. Not that I want to steal your build but I have some cards in mind that I can purchase. I'm waiting for the Marik structure deck for a common mirror force...to damn expensive D;

Well I haven't actually built an Ojama deck, but here's some of what the guy used, and what I think could be useful. You'd probably need 3 copies of Ojamas Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Black. 3 copies of Ojama Country, the handy field spell is probably also a must (its also searchable through Blue's effect). Ojama Delta Hurricane can clear your opponent's field completely if you have Black, Green and Yellow on the field Rescue Cat can instantly bring out 2 Ojamas, which is useful for Ojama Delta Hurricane. The guy I faced didn't seem to have it, but Honest would probably be essential. Junk Synchron could also be useful, as the Ojamas are all level 3 and can be special summoned by it. Instant Fusion could be usefulf or summoning Ojama Knight. After he's destroyed, you can Special Summon him back to the field with Ojama Country. Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest could also be useful since the Ojamas aren't too difficult to destroy. Red can Special Summon up to four Ojamas from your hand when Normal Summoned and Blue can add two Ojama monsters, spells or traps to your hand when its destroyed. Ojamagic could be useful too, as you can discard it with Ojama Country's effect, and it lets you add Yellow, Black and Green to your hand. Starlight Road could be used thanks to the Ojamas swarming capabillities, and even Human Wave Tactics could help special summon Ojamas for Ojama Delta Hurricane. Hope this helps.

Wow I actually am liking this because its so original and I love originality.

Play Ben Kei OTK. >=D You should! Toats!

It's not very effective sometimes all the time, but it's hilarious when it actually works.

My brother actually attempted that xD. Its honestly not to effective but seems really fun.

Fabled shouldn't be too expensive, honestly. HA02 isn't a pack to look forward to TOO much... Dark World Fabled won't be very powerful with just Raven as its discard engine.

True HA02 isn't that special but I haven't bought a pack yet :<. Fabled cost more than naturias from what I see >_>.

definitely for competitive uses, Naturia, machina, infernities. etc etc

for fun, Aliens would be neat, their most expensive card is the synchro , and really, you only would need 2 copies of that at best. its pretty fun stealing monsters from your opponents side of the field and have a good amount of support.

I've also had a lot of fun with ELEMENTAL HEROES, granted they aren't capable of keeping up with the new achetypes, but have a very fun play-style with fusion and can make loads of variations. I use to run a normal EH deck and a effect EH deck, though the latter was a lot easier to use and all very inexpensive cards

Aliens I actually like along with the other reptile archetype Reptillianes. I have to look into them but mos are reccommending Naturias so that may actually be my final decision. And E-heroes I have a few but not the whole package especially the fusions. I actually have wanted to try them for a while :>.

Why play Archetype? Play a deck centered around KA-2 Des Scissors.

LMFAO

Back