• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: yomama's Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    thanks swampert! i've been meaning to ask you, do you mind if i include the crystal mart editor? it won't be compatible with gold or silver, so it won't take away the glory of you mart editor. ;)

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    (sorry for the double post)

Hey everyone. As you know, I'm working on quite a few projects right now.
    These include upgrading the wild pokemon editor, making a level up attack
    editor, and making a trainer editor. So, I figured, why not combine them
    all? So, I decided to start work on one big project - Crystal Version
    Workshop. With this tool, you will be able to make almost entire
    hacks of Crystal Version. It may take a while, but I think it will be well
    worth it. And, to Melash, I will make a Gold Version Workshop soon after
    the Crystal Version one is completed. Here are a few of the Crystal Version
    Workshop's features: (these are the features as of now)

--Very Unique UI - Uses a "slider" to navigate through the tools. The
    slider is based on a step-by-step structure.

--Allows User To Change And Save Settings - A settings window will allow
    you to change window colors, fonts, and more.

--Skin - Uses a very different skin. I think it looks a lot better than the
    default skin.

--Pokemon Editor - Things you can edit: Base Stats (HP, Attack, Defense,
    Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense, Capture Rate, Base Exp.), Type(s),
    Item(s) Held In Wild, Egg Moves, and Level Up Attacks

--Trainer Editor - Things you can edit: Overworld Sprite, Direction Facing,
    Movement, Pokemon(Species, Level)

--Attack Editor - Things you can edit: Hit Ratio, PP, Attack Power, Attack
    Effect, Type

--Mart Editor(possibly. I need to check with swampert first) - Things you
    can edit: Items Sold

--Misc. Editor - Things you can edit: Intro "You" Sprite, Intro Oak Sprite,
    Intro Pokemon Sprite, Intro Pokemon Cry, Buena's Password

--Map Editor - This was made by someone else. No license or reference to
    the author came with the tool, so I don't know who made it. It's called
    Crys Map. If anyone knows who made this tool, please let me know so that I
    can give proper credit.

--Credits Section - The credits in my past tools have only been a simple
    message box. The credits in this tool take up an entire window, and are
    organized to look pretty good. A small section is devoted to each person.

Those are the features so far. The goal of this tool is to provide a kind
    of "environment" that the user can use to work on an entire hack, instead
    of having to jump from tool to tool. I want this tool to cover anything
    that you can possibly need to edit, so please, suggest away.

Screenshots

yomama's Toolbox

yomama's Toolbox

Wait, is this an on going project or have you completed this already? The first page won't show up on my browser for some reason so I can't tell. This looks great! I'm dying to try this out when its ready. Please keep me updated on this. It'll help my team alot (team that has no association with this website or any of its members who dwell here) with our extreme devamp project! :D Good luck and keep up the great work!

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    if only your crystal version workshop was for ruby and sapphire...................

yomamathecableguy

Years
    if only your crystal version workshop was for ruby and sapphire...................

well, after i'm through with the crystal version workshop, i'm working on one for gold version. i don't see why i couldn't make one for ruby/sapphire after that, if enough people want me too. ;)

work on the workshop is going great everyone. i'd say i'm about 60% done.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    well, after i'm through with the crystal version workshop, i'm working on one for gold version. i don't see why i couldn't make one for ruby/sapphire after that, if enough people want me too. ;)

work on the workshop is going great everyone. I'd say i'm about 60% done.

Actually there are so much tools for the third generation, its basically like there is a workshop for it(just blown up and you'd have to pick the pieces up again), and the leader editor is also PET, which edits every trainer(although its a bit "glitchy").
    I think you should stay on your specialty, which is G/S/C.
    and i was reading the page and so i got up to par on the information.
    i'm really surprised that you are 60% done already.
    You would make a great G/S/C hacker.
    I have nothing left to say at the moment so Best of luck Yomama!

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well I can see why the offsets are a pain but unfortanutely I quit trying to use visual basic because of the offsets (me and my group are so lazy-we believe if you need to try to get somewhere then somewhere isn't worth going to). I'm glad someone's doing it though. I have to take time off hacking unwillingly because my dsl router continues to disappear so I can't give or get any help. Again, keep up the good work!

yomamathecableguy

Years
    LOL - if you need to try to get somewhere then somewhere isn't worth going to. i think that is now my favorite quote. lol

thanks! i'm glad i've got lots of support. ^_^

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hehe, I'm glad you like the quote. Alot of my team members like my quotes. I have another question though,does your GSC attack editor change the names of attacks too? I might as well let the secret drop- My group-RAM Corporation-is working on an extreme devamp. We are going to devamp pokemon diamond for crystal so we loved seeing that someone was creating these. We have gotten up to Roark's town in mapping but everything else needs work and there you are (This is why you are getting the BIG credit when we finish and release it) so we need tools that can do the switch for everythng. With your tools its possible to change everything but the graphics and scripts as of now right (well other than the workshop and mart editor)? We really need the help to get moving as fast as possible. There's only 8 of us working and we all don't get to attach to meetings alot even though we're all between 13 and 16 so we're trying to rush before someone else takes on the project y'know?

yomamathecableguy

Years
    wow. that's a lot of stuff. but first, let it be noted that the secret was let loose in Yomama's Toolbox, on June 9, 2008. lol anyways, i'm currently trying to learn the text functions, so you may be able to edit attack names. there won't be a script editor (sorry, too advanced for me right now XD) and the only graphics you'll be able to edit are the overworld sprites, unless i think of some more things.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    can you make one that can change the picture and name of a pokemon because my hack of gold is going to have Kyogre instead of gyrados.

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Who the heck let loose the secret. I'm not the only one who accesses this account all the time. I have 2 other friends who also access this but oh well. I'll check with them later (exactly one month ago, what are the chances?). Well I see why scripting is hard for you (I'm also in the learning stages even though I'm not using VB) so since you used Darthatron's tutorial you should've have figured out that its easier to create console tools by using someone else's tool for a base. For example - Creating a OW editor. Xeon and Hackmew have both made OW editors for advanced generations. If you use a program like Notepad ++ you can see all the codes and offsets for VB. Then you can simply delete all the GBA parts and change the ROM opened to GSC rather than FR, LG, R, S, E. Or you can repoint some things and add on a few scripts so it can be used for GBC AND GBA pokemon games. I've thought of this like a hundred times but everytime it comes to mind I have no access to my tools. Maybe you should think about it.

Years
    i am new to the forums...
    firstly thanks for ur tools...they r gr8/
    but i wish to ask u said that u'll release new softwares for g/s..
    but i cudnt find releases....

yomamathecableguy

Years
    well i haven't completed the promised software yet. i've been off at camp since sunday, so i haven't had any chances to work on it for the past week. but i'm going to start working on it again today.

Years
    beautiful! Hard to think that a 14 year old can do that kinda programming (im 14 too, so yah). Keep on going with ur ultimate GSC Pokeedit! i expect it to be kinda like a YAP, with evo, learnset, pokedex, modifier. Hope u can gimee some programming tutorials!

Much Thanks,
    BlahISuck

srry for the double post, just expressing my feelings (srry if this sounds emo, as i am not)

There hasn't been the level of hacking going on with the metallic generations as there have been with rby, rse, or even DP (thx swampert22 for Pokeedit). I am a VB and C++ noob, and i dont have the path to learn these languages i would want to learn. Good on you haxors who use these languages, and make hax for gsc, it makes life so much happier.

Thx All,
    BlahISuck

Last edited:

yomamathecableguy

Years
    lol it's good to have another supporter ^_^ and my age too. ^_^

everyone, sorry, but i have to take a *small* break. i won't be able to work on these as much, because school starts in about a week. >.< but i promise when my workshop is released, it will be the best tool you have ever laid eyes on. i'm going to try to make it as graphically amusing as possible too. that's a promise!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back