• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You are so not cool, without it you never will be.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Hey PC it's me Curious, I was just thinking today after school; and I noticed that my school goes through certain phases with different crazes whether it be a certain look, game, pice of clothing, attitude, item, action/sport ect.

So do you have a certain craze at your school?
    What is it?
    Or if you don't go to school, is there a certian craze within your community or suburb?
    Or even on a website? Like facebook and the Turban pages and "Kates Party".
    Do you like the craze why or why not?

So yeah, personally myself I dont understand the point of the turban groups and the Kate's party thing? I also dislike the games played at school.. at the definately the makeup some girls wear I think they look better than they do in makeup.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    You won't be going to Kate's Party if you keep dissing it like that.

jk, jk. I find them fun, but only if I don't need to spend any money. ^^

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I thought Kates Party was supposed to have happened a couple of days ago, lol.

The 'craze' at my school would be to try get as many detentions as possible in one day, it's really stupid. xD

Years
    Among my group of friends (Metalheads aged between 16 and 25), the craze is long hair haha
    Seriously, I have the shortest hair out of all my friend except two. One of those people is FtM Transgender, and the other only has short hair because she had an allergic reaction to hairdye and had to cut her hair short.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    You won't be going to Kate's Party if you keep dissing it like that.

jk, jk. I find them fun, but only if I don't need to spend any money. ^^
    I know, I don't who Kate is though? And I think the turban groups are quite funny..
    Sounds like some people have some wierd crazes though, wow really how many detentions have you scored?

Years
    Kates party was something got entirely out of hand.
    From what Ive been told, it was an event listing on facebook that due to a temporary glitch on the social networking site actually invited pretty much everyone that has an account.
    Its not really a trend or a fad, it was just something that happened.

I dont necessarily follow trends either.
    I just sort of do what I feel like.
    Popularity has never been linked with trends for me.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    In our school, the greatest craze was
    GETTING THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN FARMVILLE!

Yeah, that's for real. That got me to play farmville ;~;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Kates party was something got entirely out of hand.
    From what Ive been told, it was an event listing on facebook that due to a temporary glitch on the social networking site actually invited pretty much everyone that has an account.
    Its not really a trend or a fad, it was just something that happened.

I dont necessarily follow trends either.
    I just sort of do what I feel like.
    Popularity has never been linked with trends for me.
    Oh, so that's who Kate is an where she came from. Haha.
    Same as me, I never really follow fads and trends since it will eventually get old. I like to do my own thing, because I really believe in individuality.

The turban thing however, was quite funny but I think it was taken way out of proportion and I think it was being a bit racist.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    The craze at my school is 'who can go out with William first!?" So far no one wins.

No, I do not have a craze. Cool shoes are generally well respected, though.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I have noticed though that, some of the most common crazes and trends include music. At my school everyone loves music and we hear it playing everyday on people's phones, Ipods and computers.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    I only follow fads if it's something I personally like. For example, when Pokemon was opoular, of course I got in on that. ;D

The stupidest fad I can remember was that in Gr. 8, pretty much all of the girls in my class started wearing binkies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    These Black Pilmsole shoes, I got one coz they were only £2 at Primark. Then all my friends had Nike Trainers for school, and I felt left out, and I wanted a JD Bag, coz everyone has them, and a pair of shoeswas on sale, I got that, but JD were giving sale bags not there gymbag ones and the shop was out of stock, so I got the shoes from the Nike store instead and they gave their less popular bags. I still don't have a JD bag but want one :( They look good but JD is expensive, maybe if I but socks.... that's another thing, I got a £10 bag from them and got their gymbag. My sis got a £20 from them and got their carrier bag. You don;t know if you get a gymbag or not D:

I have my own non-brand fashion style outside school which my friends admire/envy (I hope) which is nice :D

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I pay so little attention to stuff like that that I'm not even aware of what 'crazes' there are, nor do I care to be. Growing up, no one liked anything I liked let alone it be a craze (including Pokemon, even in its 'glory days'), and none of the crazes were things I was remotely interested in. It was just something that further separated me from my peers :/

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've been out of high school for almost five years now, but the big craze where I went to school (which was in south Texas with an ethic breakdown of African American - 50%/Mexican American - 30%/'other' - 20%) was hip hop music in general. If you weren't a fan, you were probably clumped in with the emo/art nerd/weeaboo/hipster crowd. XD

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    In my school right now there's a craze with those animal bracelets. I'm kinda pissed at myself because I was one of the ones who started wearing them before it caught on (I didn't even know tbh, I just had two on my wrist that my friends gave me) and then people started taking notice and buying it and wearing some 20+ on their arms... and from there it was just ridiculous. C'mon, they're rubber bands people Dx

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Farmville, or Facebook in general. Twitter, too.

I really don't understand why people add everyone to their Facebook accounts and let them peer into their daily lives. Both Facebook and Twitter are a mirror into someone's privacy, the way 99% of the world uses these sites. I have Twitter to update with story details and a Facebook for family since I'm planning to move back far away. They like to make sure I'm doing all right, and Facebook helps in that respect. I have 46 friends, and I know all of them. One of things I don't understand is when people have 400+ friends. C'mon now. You don't have that many friends. 1/2 of them are from other parts of the world, 1/4 are people you've seen randomly and didn't even talk to (just heard about), and the other 1/4 are people you really do know + family.

I just feel that Facebook and similar sites are just popularity contests for the desperate "I have no friendz so I add strangers and creeps to F/B" individuals.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Animal Hat's, tight clothing, facebook, formspring, and obnoxious behaviors. oh, and did I mention Pokewalkers? They're EVERYWHERE at my school ._.

Back