• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"you are so weird."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • One time I called a couple of people weird, and one replied, "weird as in...sexy?" and another person simply replied: "no I'm not!!"

So, while I like to think that weirdness could have many definitions, if someone were to call you weird, how would you react? How would you, yourself, define someone that is weird?

(and if there`s another thread like this.. feel free to lock this one. n___n)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Shawn, you ARE VERY WEIRD. That much is plain to see.

random person: "You're weird . . . "
    Me: "WHY THANK YOU OH-SO-MUCH!!!!!"

Yeah, I take pride in being weird. Weird = <3

How would I define a weird person? . . . um . . . WELL, I have no idea. It just seems to apply to everyone at one point or another, because I seem to say it to everyone. HOWEVER, I do not use it in a way that they are allowed to take as much pride in it as me, because they are not allowed to be weirder than me. You may be an exception to that, Shawn. :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Weird is a compliment to me. If someone calls me weird, it makes my day.

Weird is exceptionally abnormal, which is what everyone should be since there are no two people in the world. People who aren't even a little weird don't interest me in the least and I don't know how people can take being called weird as a bad thing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I really like being a weirdo. It pretty much means I'm unique. Though it depends on what you're weird with.. eat mayo with your fries? Are you -really- a weirdo or are friends just teasing? Socially weird? Well you might want to work on that for PR cases.. but generally I would consider being weird somewhat of a vague compliment as long as you're confident enough to stand by what you're weird about and not change for the sake of others if you don't want to change.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It depends on the context and the tone of the person using it. While someone can say it and mean it without it being rude, if someone is saying it in a way that's meant as an insult it still hurts just because I don't like being insulted (does anyone?). But if it's just neutral, as in "youre different", I'd probably just laugh and agree, because I am pretty weird.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm weird**, whatever. Not a big deal to me, just a part of who I am. If I'm called weird, it's more like a "you don't say?" kind of reaction than an "o thx" one. And I embrace weirdness and quirks in others. It's what makes them unique.

**and by weird, I mean hyperactive imagination, quirky kind of weird, not run around in the streets in your underwear shouting conspiracy theories weird.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'd rather be weird than boring. To me, people call others weird because they break norms within cliques, if someone doesn't seem to like how someone acts they'll call them weird. Though, that is in more of a serious tone, it's a different matter if it's said jokingly.
    I'd like to know a sexy weird person. :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'll either say "thanks" or I'll be offended. Depends on the tone and inflection of the delivery. And also who says it. And the situation it occurs in.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My sister calls me weird constantly, and I just smile at her. I don't get why 'weird' is such a bad thing. I'd love to be weird, and I actually pity the people that call others weird as though it's a bad thing because it says way more about their restricted personality and limited scope than it would ever say about you. And in the end, why defend yourself against something that's not offensive? That's always been my attitude anyway lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It depends on the context. I get offended if I get called "weird" if "weird" means "unsuitable." I'm okay with it if I get called "weird" if it means "special/bizarre."

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I love being called weird. It was a standard nickname for me in high school; "Jared you are such a weirdo!" I loved it. xD I have not yet encountered a situation in which weird was an insult so yeah, I still love it. :P

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • It depends on the context. I get offended if I get called "weird" if "weird" means "unsuitable." I'm okay with it if I get called "weird" if it means "special/bizarre."

This, though generally I get offended because it's almost never used by my peers as latter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not weird at all. I'm different to many people, but that doesn't make me weird. I think they're weirder than me.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I despise the word 'weird'. Mainly because I attribute it to the same group of people who did to that word the same thing they did to the word random. It's just silly and if someone were to call me weird, I'd be very judgmental of them from that point onwards.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • Weird is just a different way of saying different. If what I am is weird or different than your way of life, then good. I like being different, (but not in the attention seeking way), I like that I have my own originality that someone thinks I posess.
    Granted "weird" is more of a negative term assasoiated with different. However, both mean the same, and I welcome it.

I'd rather be weird and different than the same as someone else.

Ayselipera

Well I get called weird a lot which myself and the other person will just end up laughing about after it's said so it doesn't offend me. I think sometimes I have asked how and they usually can't explain it. The best explanations I've been told are, "You're just not normal." or "You're not what I would expect." Which I think sums me up better than weird personally.

Years
  • I would probably cry.

I'm really sensitive to people that are weird or awkward, and I have such a hard time getting to like them. They're also so much harder to read than everyone else because they're always giving off the wrong signals or saying things and not understanding the implication it could have... So someone calling me weird would just kill me.

Years
  • I have been called weird a lot in my time so it doesn't really affect me in any way nowadays. Though I have also been called a psycho as well as a freak which I do take as an insult even if it is true.

Someone is weird if they do something that I perceive is out of the ordinary.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • All I remember from grade 6 is that my teacher taught me to say "thank you" when someone called me weird. :D She was awesome. My friends and I sort of took it for granted that we were weird from then on and it's never been an insult or anything to me.

To me, weird is just... strange? It's when you can be yourself and be as dorky as you want without worrying about how people are seeing you.

Back