• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You captured my heart!

Years
  • We capture a lot of Pokemon on our journeys but there are always a select few that end up having a special place in our hearts.

Which Pokemon that you've caught, bred or received in a game do you treasure most and why? Do you transfer it through the generations with you or do you keep it in the original game?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    My first ever shiny I caught which was a Drowsee in Pokémon Soul Silver - I transfer this fella over to the newer gens when I get chance & would never trade him away just for Nostalgic reasons :D

Babebraham

Just being here is good enough.
    Years
  • Bruh, in Diamond/Pearl I had caught a Pichu in the Trophy Garden and raised him all the way up to a Lvl 95 Raichu :3

I traded it onto HeartGold and it helped me get 3 of the Frontier Badges. I loved him. His name was Sparky.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • My wonderful little Mawile named Aruna from OmegaRuby, which I originally caught in Granite Cave, and has been my traveling companion ever since :3 Right now she's one of only two level 100 Pokemon I have in Omega Ruby, and she's been super helpful in my LiveDex quest, because she knows False Swipe and the insanely high attack she naturally has as a Mawile makes False Swipe extra effective.

I also like the way that Pokemon Amie in 6th gen encourages you to build this kind of bond with your Pokemon. My affection level with Aruna is maxed out, and as a result, she's survived some pretty close calls in battle. She's my absolute favorite <3

I actually normally prefer to keep my favorites in the game or generation I caught them in, so I don't have too many that I brought forward from previous generations.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • For me, its my team since Crystal, who've been recreated (and since HGSS, were remade and have stayed by my side since) for every game afterwards.

My starter, Typhlosion (Ty), my Dragonair (Dylan), my Lapras (Logan), my Ampharos (Lucas), my Scizor (Skye), and my Umbreon (Umbria). These guys have been my constant companions for a decade and a half now.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I would have to say Latios and Latias. I recieved Latias from one of my friends for a birthday present. They named the Latios after my nickname. It's currently at max level. Latias that I recieved during the quest at Southern Island is named after my sister's nickname. Currently at max level as well. I really enjoy interacting with them via Pokémon Amie. I have their hearts maxed out but I still play with them and feed them. I like watching their expressions too.

Years
  • I still play with my favourites in Amie too, it just makes me smile!

My most treasured Pokemon are;

Hetty the Heracross - a shiny female captured in Alpha Sapphire, she was also the first wild shiny I had ever encountered, although I was DexNaving for one so it wasn't a total surprise but I don't think I've ever squealed so much! I named her Hetty after the vacuum cleaner. She is always with me in AS no matter what I'm doing and I'm sure I'll take her with me whenever new games come out!

Heart the Pikachu - my Cosplay Pikachu from Alpha Sapphire. She also stays with me no matter what and I dote on her!

Hornlette the Rhyhorn - the Rhyhorn that Brock traded me in Heart Gold. I've completely levelled her up so I can't accidentally evolve her. I love the nickname Brock gave her! I've bought her with me to Alpha Sapphire and will continue to take her to new games.

Oblivia the Latias - I really fell in love with the Latias in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs and so have named my various Latias after the Region in several games now. I feel like I have a strong bond with the one from Alpha Sapphire, partly because of the story and also that you can soar on her. She's never been out of my party!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One would be my Adamant Gyarados. It wasn't bred specifically by me, but I still love it. It's very easy to utilize when battling; after setting up Dragon Dance, it earns itself the capacity to take down the opponent's team all on its own (well, as long as there aren't any physical walls blocking the path).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Love the title!

A couple of Pokemon that have become Pokemon I'll never forget are:

1. The first Buizel i ever caught in Diamond, nothing will ever make me forget that joyous moment when i captured it on the second throw and the rest is history as its now my favorite Pokemon.

2. My Swellow in ORAS, not only my favorite flying type, but this fella became my Contest Star and favorite on the team that included Sceptile, Flygon and Delcatty!

3. The first Pokemon i ever had, Totodile in Crystal. This little guy opened the door to the amazing world of Pokemon to me and i will always be grateful for that and he will forever live on in my heart :)

Years
  • It's funny how attached you get to individual Pokémon, isn't it? I've had several Pokémon that I've loved, but these are the ones who I remember the most.

First up is Quilly the Typhlosion, from Gold. It's been a long time since I played Gold, but I still have my original save file, simply because of this fellow. He was the first Pokémon I ever grew attached to, and he was as tough as nails — I remember that he somehow never fainted in battle, even against Red. The little eight-year-old me got so attached to him that, when I played HeartGold, nine years later, I chose Cyndaquil again and named him Quilly.

Then there's 'Swamps' the Swampert, from Ruby. He was the first Pokémon I ever raised to level 100, mostly through clearing the League over and over again. On one occasion — Swampert was level 79 at the time, I believe — he defeated the Elite Four and Steven singlehandedly, with no items used and, through some insane luck, not a single point of damage taken. When I played Omega Ruby, I chose Mudkip as my starter; this Swampert's name is Titan, and my original Swampert is sitting on White. I need to transfer him up soon...

Third, 'Emmett' the Emboar, from White. Last starter on this list, I promise! My Emboar gets his place here because of his amazing performance against Ghetsis. That Hydreigon of his took out four members of my team — Simisage, Sigilyph, Zekrom, and Samurott — in quick succession, and my Stoutland had too low HP to stand a chance. My Emboar — he didn't have an official nickname, but I found myself calling him Emmett — withstood a Surf with about half his HP remaining, then knocked out the dragon with a single Brick Break before soundly beating Bisharp and Eelektross.

Finally, we have Hanna the Pinsir, on X. I received Hanna in a trade here on PC — a trade that happened when I was browsing the Quick Trade thread and offered to trade a HA Aerodactyl to someone who was looking for one. It turned out that the other user had already managed to get hold of one, but offered to trade me Pinsir anyway, and even offered to nickname her for me. I called her Hanna, and she's very special to me, because she reminds me that there is still kindness and generosity in the world.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • For me, it's Victi-Ace the Victini, who originally comes from Liberty Garden in White version, and it's a long story. I still remember when I accidentally KO'ed it on my first encounter, but on the second encounter, I tried my best to make sure it stays on the battle, and as time goes, I decided to throw Timer Balls to catch it because it's already a long battle. As I throw one of the balls, I hear a huge noise which indicates that I'm making a critical capture for the first time ever, and I successfully captured Victini thanks to that, that's why it become so special for me.

Years
  • It's funny how attached you get to individual Pokémon, isn't it?

It is, especially cuz they're not tangible or anything, plus there are so many of the same yet you grow close to just a few and we get genuine pleasure from spending time with them!

I'm loving hearing which Pokemon are special to different people and what makes them so. Pokemon is awesome!

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I haven't used her much because I haven't had time to play the games since I beat Alpha Sapphire and completed the Dex, save for a few minutes there and again, but I once received a Shiny Milotic, lvl 1 with perfect stats. I never knew I wanted a Shiny Milotic before, but it's so damned beautiful and I don't plan on ever getting rid of her.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I was very attached to my Piplup who defeated Cynthia's final Pokemon (Milotic) to help me finally become the Sinnoh champion. I transferred him across as my journey continued, unfortunately my brother lost the cartridge at the train station (along with his DS console!) and that was when I lost all of my beloved Pokemon. I'm becoming quite fond of my Gardevoir on AS, but it's not the same as it was with Piplup.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Infernape. Infernape is a beast.
    there are plenty of monsters i like, but only one i can say is my favorite. i never trade them to other games as that tends to give more problems before you get badges. but without a doubt i get attached to every one of my champion teams, from kanto all the way to sinnoh.

starting in unova soon.

Back