• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YOU DARE DISTORT SPACE? WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?

Years
  • Are there any quotes in any Pokémon game, whether it be in a main series game or spinoff, that leave you feeling so weird that you can hardly even take them seriously? Or ones you just find yourself laughing at just the thought of what they're saying?

The title quote is what Palkia says in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon when he kidnaps you and your partner. It's as if, "hey, if I have your permission, I can go and distort space?" It's just...wrong, but so good. xP And the all caps does not make it any less silly and ridiculous.

Any quotes you find in that same demeanor? Some people may not even know what I mean by that... Either way, discuss.

pkmin3033

The one that immediately springs to mind for me is what the old man outside of the Celadon Gym says in the earlier Pokemon games: "This Gym is great! It's full of women!" He's outside, staring through the window, and is a generic old man sprite. It's like they put Master Roshi from the Dragonball series in the game! xD

I was seriously disappointed when they replaced that with "strong trainers" in the later games...

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • There's a youngsters in every region who says "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!". It's just such a beautiful piece of poetry that takes you back through all the regions to the very beginning :P Whenever I meet the youngster who says it, it makes me smile xD I just hope he doesn't get replaced too >~<

Spoiler:

That old man was an advocate for all of us and they killed him ;-; They killed him, I tell you! "Strong trainers". Sheesh, grow up GameFreak. Please.

Reactions: Sun

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • That old man was an advocate for all of us and they killed him ;-; They killed him, I tell you! "Strong trainers". Sheesh, grow up GameFreak. Please.

At least in the Red/Green remakes they kept his original line. He was hilarious, but some people just have to be offended by a random NPC in a video game.

Anyway, one line that stood out to me was the girl next to Rock Tunnel who wished for a pink Pokemon with a floral pattern.

Hmmm....

I wonder who that could be?

Just ignore these. Consider them a fun transition to the next post.

Years
  • An NPC from Pacifidlog Town asks you where you're from. What's odd is the part where a Yes/No box pops up, meaning that your answer can only be one of those two. Answering "Yes" will make him think that the player is from "Yes Town"; "No" makes him assume that you were born at the bottom of the ocean or something. Not sure if it's the "Yes Town" assumption that makes this just plain weird or, the protagonist looking at it as a yes or no question.

I didn't encounter this when playing OR, but while watching the Plug stream, I noticed that one of the Team Aqua grunts at Lilycove mention something about 101 Skitties and a Wailmer her parent's home... Yeah, you know where this is going.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Juggler Irwin says, "Whoops, dropped my balls!"

Then there's this Madame from Battle Maison and she says, "My husband passed before me, so I'm finally free to live the life I want!"

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The one guy in HG/SS, Juggler Irwin I believe, who always randomly calls you and says:

"You know Cat, every time I think of your exploits I'm just so moved by them!" And then he hangs up. Click. I have to wonder what's going through someone's mind to pick up the phone and call someone just to say that, and then hang up before they get a chance to say "Oh thanks, I'm flattered".

Years
  • In pokemon light platinum I just don't exact know where but a guy in forest says ,"I am waiting for my girlfriend here." Its funny whose girlfriend come to meet his boyfriend in forest.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The one guy in HG/SS, Juggler Irwin I believe, who always randomly calls you and says:

"You know Cat, every time I think of your exploits I'm just so moved by them!" And then he hangs up. Click. I have to wonder what's going through someone's mind to pick up the phone and call someone just to say that, and then hang up before they get a chance to say "Oh thanks, I'm flattered".
    If I recall correctly, Lyra gets more disturbing calls and creepy stalk from that guy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I found it to be pretty interesting to see them make a reference to Dragon Ball Z in X and Y, by having some person saying something along the lines of "My Pokémon's power level is over 9,000." I look forward to more point-outs like this in their future games.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Oh, how about the 'my body is ready' guy from XY's Victory Road? {XD}

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    The one guy in HG/SS, Juggler Irwin I believe, who always randomly calls you and says:

Juggler Irwin, if I'm not mistaken. The reason I wish HG/SS let you delete phone numbers from your Pokégear's memory.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How about this?

It's disturbing when he says that in a hotel room...

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Female Team Aqua Grunt in ORAS Demo
    "And I don't know about you, but I totally rock my uniform!"
    "Do you see this midriff?"
    "I've got more style than I know what to do with!"

Matt in ORAS Demo
    "I love funny, interesting dudes! That's why I love my bro, Archie!"
    ---(to Tabitha)
    "Let's smash it out with a battle! I'm gonna love you to BITS."

Steven Stone in ORAS Demo
    "Good work, Orlando. That was a perfect Mega Evolution. It held such strength, even though this was your first time using it in battle... I'm practically trembling with excitement at the limitless potential I sense in you! What did you think of my Metagross? Its rugged white body, so cool to the touch... Its beauty grows with Mega Evolution!"

ORAS Demo had a bunch of gems, to say the least.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • "I came when I heard you'd beaten the Elite Four."
    "As a child, I played a lot of video games and was known as Flying Fingers Sammy."
    "This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were a baby. …Erm, what is his name again?"

- Professor Oak... such a beautiful man.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • One that I just encountered for the first time in OmegaRuby:

This LotR/internet meme reference came as a pleasant surprise to me. I had to talk to him again just to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Back