• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You don't know Pokemon?!

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I tried introducing a friend of mine who heard of but never wanted to give the franchise a go for the formulaic cliched reasons (it's for little kids, blah blah), however, upon telling him that I myself still play Pokemon at my age he was 'utterly surprised'. I told him that it wasn't particularly aimed for kids and such, so he have the game a try and I loaned him my Pokemon FireRed (he was disgusted by the graphics of the old games). A few days (around 5) later, he asked me for another game. He actually loved it. I gave him Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum..finished them all, lol.

Back on the topic question, I would either give them season one of the anime or the games, like I did with my friend.

Years
  • I RESENT YOU TROLLJOURS!

Although you provided the category of "games" I read no mention of the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Anyway, I would most likely introduce a friend either through the TCG or the Competitive Battling aspect of the DS games. Basically introduce them to an aspect of Pokemon where people can compete with each other.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I'm going to go with personal experience. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7+ years...so it's not a new friend exactly, but either way, when he was a kid, he played with Pokemon cards and played Pokemon Stadium, but wasn't obsessed like me. He just liked it. Years later, here's me and I LOVE it still and he is not into it at all...until recently. NOW he LOVES Pokemon? Why? He started playing Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon White! :) He now LOVES the series and wants to start watching the anime because I told him it's more fun while you watch the region you are playing! It's like, "Hey, I was just in that town!" haha Either way, I think the games are so strong that they are a great way to get people involved with the series!

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I've never met anyone who didn't at least know what Pokémon was. xD If I did make a new friend who didn't know anything about Pokémon I would definitely see what they like before introducing them to it. If they prefer to read Manga I would probably show them that first and then force them to play the games and watch the anime after they get hooked. :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I would give them A gameboy color and pokemon yellow so they can learn the greatest Region first of the whole series.

Back