• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You don't know what you have until it's gone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay uh, I forgot the exact saying, but y'know, when you don't care about something, but you care about it a lot more when it's gone, and you miss it/want it because you can't have it? Um, what do you miss that's gone and you miss it purely... yeah for that reason? Have you ever missed anything for that reason?

Oh and in this situation, try not to refer to missing people~

edit: whoo siggy.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    There's a lot of things I've taken for granted and come to regret after.

Do you know just how fortunate most of us are to be able to eat whenever we want? To have spare change to spend and clean clothing?

I took that for granted :| and I'm never going to again lol

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I have taken a few things for granted and I regret doing it. Even the most simpliest things like food,water and shelter are taken for granted, we don't realize how important it really is!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Of course I have, we all have. If we never took anything for granted, we would be thanking all day.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Your wrong. Watch, i have a DS lite. I know i have a DS lite. It's not gone.

POINT INVALID =O
    Not necissarily, we are disussing thing thart we take for granted, then we lose them in different ways; die, lost, can't afford ect. Even though you know you have a DS lite once you own it for a long ammount of tie you will treat it with care but it won't be so amazing as it was first when you saw it for the very first time.

So there is a difference.
    Point Valid!

Years
    I learned to appreciate running hot water when I was living without it for a week in below-freezing temperatures.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    can't afford

Ah, I wouldn't say "can't afford." That's just covetting.

In order to appreciate the value of something, it needs to be taken from you when you have it. If you can't afford something, you just want it, and you don't recognize its true value.

If you never have something, you can't "miss it when it's gone."

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    In all honesty, I don't miss anything from my past; People, places, things, positions, relationships. Most of these things I am glad to be rid of.

But even of the few of those people and things that I did love, I know everything happens for the best and it's all made me what I am today.

I suppose the fact that I don;t have anything like that means I have yet to loose something/someone who is very important or I have yet to find them/it.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    my car. ever since i got my license i drive to school everyday and home. i drive everywhere, i feel lost and naked without my car lol

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
    I learned to appreciate running hot water when I was living without it for a week in below-freezing temperatures.

Same here.
    I remember my first actual cold shower. it was like I had a massive ice cream headache.

Years
    Of course I have. Trust me, I sure missed the convenience of a computer and Internet until you're without it. Those are silly things to miss, though. >>;; (Although I find that when I don't have a computer, I more miss that I can't write whenever I want than anything else... that really sucks when most of your materials are electronic in nature.)

I really miss having someone that has a car and can drive me around when I don't have a car of my own. Although I guess that's my fault for not being able to drive and putting off getting a license.

Most of all, though, I missed independence when I was stuck at home. Living out at college, and living here in another town, I feel... well, more like an adult, not living with my parents, stuck doing absolutely nothing. The atmosphere at home, I didn't have to be an independent adult if I didn't want to, despite my bills. Being out on my own again, I would rather be stuck working hard and improving myself than being at home, where I would've stayed the same, as long as my parents didn't make me get a job like they had.

...if any of that made any sense at all. @@;;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Ah, I wouldn't say "can't afford." That's just covetting.

In order to appreciate the value of something, it needs to be taken from you when you have it. If you can't afford something, you just want it, and you don't recognize its true value.

If you never have something, you can't "miss it when it's gone."

Yes good point. sorry about that.[/SIZE]

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
    Before I went to a town in Montana to attend a different school than the one in my home of Las Vegas, I thought nothing of having a best friend who sticks by you for everything.
    Then, I realized she is what kept me going everyday, she always made me laugh and made life bearable. I depended on her for my happiness. She is what woke me up in the morning.

But now that I'm back, I feel great. I don't take her for granted anymore. I feel horrible when I do on accident.

All in all, I love being with her and I will never take her for granted anymore.

Back