• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You favourite main Female charecter?.

Who is your Favourite Main Female charecter?

• Total voters

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
  • Misty gets my vote. She did a lot for Ash. She helped him become a better trainer. He used his knowledge he obtained from Misty to help two new trainers. After seeing May act the way she did with that Azurill, he must have realized that's why Misty didn't have patience with him sometimes. He understood how she felt when it came time for him to show a new trainer what he's learned. The new girl was just as stubborn as Ash was. Even he didn't have patience with her. Remember, Ash was a noob at one time with a lot of arrogance and was very stubborn. Misty was able to shoot down his big ego. Sure she yelled at him, but you have to admit he wasn't too bright back then. She was dropping hints, and he didn't pick up on them. I think the reason why Johto treated Misty the way they did was because her Japanese voice actress wanted a singing career. They figured they weren't going give her as much spotlight so fans wouldn't be as upset. Dawn and May seem to be too into appearances. Ash doesn't seem to like that. He got annoyed when May was looking in the mirror fawning over herself. Also, Dawn is too into girly things. When asked if he wanted his hair to look not as messy, he said he likes it this way and didn't want to change it. Ash likes Gym battles more than contests. Who does gym battles? Misty. The reason why Ash and Dawn get along is because she's not a noob. She's not stubborn. I don't see anything more than friendship between them, though.

I vote Misty. She's a great water Pokemon trainer. She taught Ash a lot. She likes him, though tries to hide her feelings. It was funny seeing Ash and Misty tease each other.

Very interesting Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

You know, you should really become a writer. I'm always in awe when reading your post, because you seem to put your feelings down into words. For example, that paragraph you just wrote was beautiful, certainly beautiful. :pink_love:

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Dawn then Misty then May.

Dawn has the best pokemon of all of the three (I guess I just like the cute ones :P), and I also find her much more interesting than May... Misty was great, and is close to being there with Dawn but her pokemon just aren't as great.

BlizzStorm

Darth Hacker
    Years
  • Dawn is my favorite, but misty is my last. im puzzled why others would vote for her so much, leaving may and dawn at a tie. i mean, Misty is obviously a lesbian. but she is hot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Dawn is my favorite, but misty is my last. im puzzled why others would vote for her so much, leaving may and dawn at a tie. i mean, Misty is obviously a lesbian. but she is hot.

Misty is NOT a Lesbian. Just because she is a tomboy and not a stereotypical girly-girl does NOT mean she's a Lesbian. As much as I don't believe in Pokeshipping, there have been hints that she may have some feelings for Ash, plus there were two occasions where she was pulled away by Brock due to talking to a guy.

On Topic, while I personally don't have a favorite (I don't believe in Favorites), the only girl I could even believe in or like, even, is Misty. I felt she was unique to the stereotype of females that was presented in God knows how many Animes, and many more female characters in some shows/mediums. May and Dawn just seemed to be that stereotype that I have hated (the stereotype that women have been presented as in series such as "Love Hina", "Two and a Half Men", the females in "Princess vs. Princess", the Triplets in "Beauty and the Beast", the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu in "Battle Vixens", and others.).

Plus, she, unlike Dawn or May, was vitally important to the Show's success (Heck, Pikachu's global adventure and other College books/essays have mentioned how Misty was very integrigal to the shows success, and how girls were very loyal to her. What did May or Dawn get? nothing).

BTW, GymLeaderLily, I wanted to ask about that quote you posted: Who was Brock talking to when he said this? Also, this may be a hint at Misty returning (and the line by Brock in Doc Brock may be a hint at Brock leaving soon.)

BlizzStorm

Darth Hacker
    Years
  • Misty is NOT a Lesbian. Just because she is a tomboy and not a stereotypical girly-girl does NOT mean she's a Lesbian. As much as I don't believe in Pokeshipping, there have been hints that she may have some feelings for Ash, plus there were two occasions where she was pulled away by Brock due to talking to a guy.

On Topic, while I personally don't have a favorite (I don't believe in Favorites), the only girl I could even believe in or like, even, is Misty. I felt she was unique to the stereotype of females that was presented in God knows how many Animes, and many more female characters in some shows/mediums. May and Dawn just seemed to be that stereotype that I have hated (the stereotype that women have been presented as in series such as "Love Hina", "Two and a Half Men", the females in "Princess vs. Princess", the Triplets in "Beauty and the Beast", the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu in "Battle Vixens", and others.).

Plus, she, unlike Dawn or May, was vitally important to the Show's success (Heck, Pikachu's global adventure and other College books/essays have mentioned how Misty was very integrigal to the shows success, and how girls were very loyal to her. What did May or Dawn get? nothing).

BTW, GymLeaderLily, I wanted to ask about that quote you posted: Who was Brock talking to when he said this? Also, this may be a hint at Misty returning (and the line by Brock in Doc Brock may be a hint at Brock leaving soon.)
    umm ok, obviously i dont blame you for not being able to tell considering i typed it but i was speaking sarcastically/jokingly when i said she was a lesbian. Yes she is very important to the show's success and personally, if it was my choice i would have her return. Dawn and May are the modern girls..and if you have not noticed alot of anime are more media-modern for ex. PoT a pathetic anime at that. its stupid but its inevitable.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Misty, I was really p****d off when they replaced her. Misty was one of the reasons the anime was good, then when it got to Hoenn and she left and May joined, I stopped watching the anime, beside the occasional time nothing else was on.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • No one beats the classic Misty. The others weren't even good enough to keep me watching the anime.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I love Dawn a lot and if Soul is incorperated then she will probably be the best. Misty was a good character except she was kind of boring, just walking around with her short shorts and holding that darn togepi. And May was just an annoying freak D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They begin the conversation at 4:50. Brock was speaking to Fantina.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKCZKHH5OKM

Hm, ok. Personally, I've hated the long absence from the Gym that she took. I mean, she basically endangered her gym by doing that. I mean, if she really had to leave just to train harder, couldn't she at least try to arrange for a substitute Gym Leader to take her place while she's doing instead of, you know, just leaving the Gym unattended for over a few months? Heck, it's because of a similar situation that Cerulean Gym nearly got shut down by the PIA (and thus one of the reasons why Misty ended up having to run the joint in the first place). Then again, considering how Pewter Gym was able to still keep it's status as a Gym twice despite failing two thirds of the U-test (it basically was "Unsafe" and "Uncool", due to the Rock Pokemon being in constant danger of drowning when trying to train due to Lola's stupid decision to add a pool in the Rock Quarry and the paint job, respectively, and that's not even getting into the even worse paint job, basically foolishly accepting airliner tickets from shady painters thus placing the Gym at further risk from being the victim of a theft, and the irresponsibility of Forrest for failing to stop his mom from tarnishing the Gym even further. Heck, I consider Lola, Flint, and Forrest to be even WORSE Gym Leaders than Lily, Daisy, and Violet, and that's saying a lot.), as well as the controversial decision to allow Wattson and his Gym to still function despite their history of rigging the Gym with Traps (including a Raikou Mecha), that shouldn't be surprising at all.

Well, either way, the Gym will not help her become a Water Pokemon Master at all. If anything, it may hinder her ability to become one. If losing to a bunch of rookies easily makes one a Pokemon Master, then Jessie, James, and Meowth are definitely the Pokemon Masters of the world (I'm being sarcastic, BTW).

There's the new intro in the Japanese version. (Misty is in the background.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QThesmzI-AU

It's the first time all three girls are in the intro. ^_^

I know. In fact, it's because of that intro that led me to believe that Misty will end up making an appearance sooner or later (why add her in with May and Gary if she's not going to appear at all in Sinnoh?)

Misty is a great trainer. She's not like the other two girls. I could see her doing pokethelon. She has been nicer to Ash when she was in her cameos. Yet, she was still an interesting character.

I very much agree. Heck, she was far more of a positive and important rolemodel to girls than May or Dawn could ever be.

I think Jessie could still do contests, though. She even got her first ribbon.

Yeah, and it was in-character for Jessie to be in Contests, anyways, considering her "drama queen" actions in Season 1. Actually, I'm surprised that Jessie didn't even squeal with those other Female Anime Stereotypes... err... Fiorello Cappuchino fangirls (gosh, I hate them), considering how she was more similar to them anyhow. I mean, sure, the episode was destined to have Jessie want the Doll set, but they could have easily done it in a fashion where Jessie is squealing for Fiorello Cappuchino at the same time.

Out of all of them, Misty is still my favorite today. (Out of all of them, she's the one I look like most. XD)

Well, as I said, I don't consider her a favorite (nothing against her, I just hate favoritism thanks to Toy Story), but I do think she was a far better role model than May and Dawn ever were. She's the Belle to May and Dawn's Gaston Fangirls, IMO.

[[[[Anyway, if Misty returned fifth gen, May and Dawn could get cameos if Jessie continues doing contests. May and Dawn could invite Ash, Misty, and a new male protagonist (to advertise the new games) to the Grand Festival. ^_^ The girl from the games could be a rival to either Ash, Misty or the new male. I think it's about time we got a female rival on the show/game. They advertised the male from the new pokemon Ranger game, Shadows of Almia, instead of the girl, so they could advertise the fifth gen male.]]]]

I agree. I mean, Ash hadn't really had a Female Rival (Heck, not even a League Rival that he befriended), and the only time Brock ever had a rival was with Suzie, and she lasted two episodes tops on nonconsecutive occasions. Zoey may have been a prototype to determine whether a Female Rival could be applicable to the main characters, and see if they can use one with Ash eventually. Plus, they probably realize from our efforts now that replacing female characters for the sole purpose of Eyecandy reasons is terrible, and are soon going to make sure to change it by making a female rival for Ash utilizing the Fifth Generation character, and they'll replace Brock with the Male character. They'll end up needing the Female character for the group, and Jessie definitely won't make the cut. Dawn is going to end up going to another region separate from the Fifth Generation region just like May, so the only female left other than an Anime-only character is Misty.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I don't have a favorite o3o
    I like all three girls

Misty wins Nostalgia points

but...
    Nah I like them all .0.

Back