• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You favourite main Female charecter?.

Who is your Favourite Main Female charecter?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Misty's got a really spunky, bright orange ponytail and she's not afraid to display her goods. Of course, neither is Dawn...what is she, like ten? In THAT skirt??

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Misty. She was the most sassy and she wasnt watered down to be girly by contests.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    She must be, but dont expect her to have the same voice. Remember 4Kids stopped the dubbing.

While it is true that 4Kids stopped dubbing, that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't have Michelle Knotz reprise her role as Misty.

Remember, unlike May or Jessie, Misty was off of the main cast by the time the VA switch happened, so trying to keep her old VA won't be as difficult as trying to keep May or Jessie's VAs.

Besides, Ted Lewis/Ed Paul reprised his role as Giovanni in "The Thief that Keeps on Thieving" when they could have easily used Craig Blaire as his VA, so if Misty does make an appearance, if not return to the main cast, it would be 50/50 that she would either have a PUSA VA or Michelle Knotz voicing her.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Haruka-chaaaan. <333 (That's May, by the way. XD) I mean, come on. She's the only person in the show to have any character development and she's incredibly cute. Not only that, but her contest manuevers are top-notch.​

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Ehhh. I like all 3.
    Each girl did what they did best.
    I don't have a favorite, their all Aces in my book.
    Kasumi, a good role model?
    Since when did Pokemon have anything to do with role models?
    And how exactly is she a good role model?
    what's so good about her, that she's better than Haruka or Hikari?
    Is it because she came first? Or because she liked to battle while Hikari and Haruka do contests. I don't understand it .__.
    Its about a 10 year old traveling the world and catching strange creatures.
    How is that being a role model to children. . . he doesn't get old and his mother appears like once in a blue moon. His father is non existent.
    If we brought logic into this, his mom should be locked up by child services for letting her 10 year old travel to strange lands freely without an adult.
    Does that mean Satoshi is a good role model too?
    Cause half the time he's a walking contradiction and double standard.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Kasumi, a good role model?
    Since when did Pokemon have anything to do with role models?
    And how exactly is she a good role model?
    what's so good about her, that she's better than Haruka or Hikari?
    Is it because she came first? Or because she liked to battle while Hikari and Haruka do contests. I don't understand it .__.

If you were referring to my statement, I made it quite clear why Misty's a good role model for girls. It's because UNLIKE May or Dawn, she was not a stereotypical female anime character. Notice how in many animes, or heck, many mediums as a whole, the female characters often act like whiney, squealy bimboes who people call "girly girls" and almost delight in being scandalous. Notable examples include May, Dawn, all of the female Dormitory characters in Love Hina, the Anime Version of Sonsaku Hakufu from Battle Vixens (not that the manga version is much better), the Fiorello Fangirls from Princess vs. Princess, May, Dawn, Maron, the majority, if not ALL of the girls from "Two and a Half Men", the triplets/Bimbettes from Beauty and the Beast, etc, etc. Do you see what we are trying to convey when we are saying that Misty was a good role model? She's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like them, like how Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle were absolutely nothing like the above, either (At least, not until Disney decided to ruin them by placing them in the Disney Princess Franchise to basically make them the opposite of what they were originally like in their movies).

Its about a 10 year old traveling the world and catching strange creatures.
    How is that being a role model to children. . . he doesn't get old and his mother appears like once in a blue moon. His father is non existent.

Actually, Ash's father Does exist (otherwise, he wouldn't either.), and anyways, does that really mean much? I mean, a friend of mine whose from Russia apparantly got his Drivers License at the Age of 7 years old. Also, other than Baby Blues, Kim Possible, and Zits (kinda), how many cartoon characters in serial series actually age?

If we brought logic into this, his mom should be locked up by child services for letting her 10 year old travel to strange lands freely without an adult.
    Does that mean Satoshi is a good role model too?
    Cause half the time he's a walking contradiction and double standard.

Well, personally, I hate double standards and contradictions (I believe that Double Standards are no different than Hypocracy, no matter what anyone else says, because I've seen Double Standards applied as an excuse to be Hypocritical).

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    If you were referring to my statement, I made it quite clear why Misty's a good role model for girls. It's because UNLIKE May or Dawn, she was not a stereotypical female anime character. Notice how in many animes, or heck, many mediums as a whole, the female characters often act like whiney, squealy bimboes who people call "girly girls" and almost delight in being scandalous. Notable examples include May, Dawn, all of the female Dormitory characters in Love Hina, the Anime Version of Sonsaku Hakufu from Battle Vixens (not that the manga version is much better), the Fiorello Fangirls from Princess vs. Princess, May, Dawn, Maron, the majority, if not ALL of the girls from "Two and a Half Men", the triplets/Bimbettes from Beauty and the Beast, etc, etc. Do you see what we are trying to convey when we are saying that Misty was a good role model? She's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like them, like how Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle were absolutely nothing like the above, either (At least, not until Disney decided to ruin them by placing them in the Disney Princess Franchise to basically make them the opposite of what they were originally like in their movies).
    So because their girly and like cute and pretty things and AREN'T LIKE Kasumi, that makes them bad role models? Excuse my french, but that is the most stupidest piece of sh*t I've ever heard. Not every girl is going to act the same, so what if they act like girly girls and like cute things and are whiney and squealy, this does not mean a girl is a bimbo! Haruka and Hikari are just as good a role model to girls as Kasumi, because I bet the instant Haruka or Hikari acted just like Kasumi, some rabid fan would get butthurt and complain about how their copying Kasumi. They set fine examples of how girls act and each of them do it in their own way.

Well, I was never a fan of Love Hina.
    Never saw Princess VS Princess.
    In Two and a Half Men, that's just some of the girls Charlie dates, Alan's Wife is not a brainless Bimbo and neither is Berta or Rose.
    Hakufu is a ditz too and extremely gullible the whole second season of that series was nothing but fanservice!

So what, Ariel, Jasmine and Belle weren't your typical princess, excluding Belle. What does that matter! That doesn't make them better than any other girl, just because they didn't fall head over heels for the handsome prince!? This also does not make Kasumi better than Haruka and Hikari just because she's not a stereotypical girl! Sure, she's different than the two personality wise, but so what! I'm sure if all three girls ever meet, at the same time they wouldn't hate each other, they wouldn't even care they they were different from each other and the only one who acts the most like a stereotypical girl IMO is Hikari but I don't care, because stereotype or not, she's still a great character and so is Haruka.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    Haruka, easily.
    First time when I got back to watching Pokemon again when AG was on, I got attached to her and loved her right away. I loved her contest arc. Her personality, and the BIG difference between her in the beginning and the end of AG. She's like a totally different girl. She matured, became more caring and responsible and smart. She was such a little clutzy airhead, eheh. But I loved her back then, just for that.

Second would be Hikari. I used to have issues with her. But she grew on me. She's cute.

I lost interest in Kasumi. I don't see what's so amazing about her. She's cool, but not amazing. :x

LDUK

Pokémon Master
    Years
    It's these kinds of threads that can cause potential feuds between fanboys and fangirls. Sigh...

The reason why I voted Misty, is because liked having a main character that actually looks like me. She's not ugly. (All the girls have the same face, don't they?) Just the outfit w/ suspenders is kind of odd. (Though the shorts weren't bad. The pink sweater she wore in the 2nd movie was nice. I wish they kept it.) Her AG outfit is a lot better. She has gotten nicer towards Ash. Though she most likely won't come back permanently, it would be nice if they updated the old episodes by adding more detail to the graphics. (Like digitally remastering it like they do with Disney movies.) (Or have another red head travel with Ash, but who is nicer.)

I like Dawn's character more than May's. I'm happy she didn't evolve her Piplup.

So the order is Misty, then Dawn, then May for me. Please, for the future posters, don't bash other girls. Just say who your favorite is and why. XD (I've watched all the seasons. I didn't stop watching just because Misty left.)

Love the avatar. From the Ditto ep lol. Remasters would be cool. But I think Misty's great as she is :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Out of three I like Misty the most but May and Dawn have their positves and negatives as well.

Back