• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You have been denounced! Note: You are not at war. (Civilization)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    This thread is everything about the Civilization series, a turn based strategy game. What was your favorite Civ game? What Civ did you enjoy playing as the most and which one did you dislike the most? Do you still play the recent games (Civ 5/Civ Beyond Earth)?

Discuss everything Civilization related here! :3
    The only Civ game I play anymore is Civ4-BTS. Civ5 and BE both got old fast. I'll probably get back into BE for a while when the expansion hits in fall but it won't last long. Civ4 is really the only Civilization that has withstood the test of time... for me, at least.

Bump.

Anyone interested in a Play by Email or Pitboss game of Civilization IV Beyond the Sword? Choosing these methods to make it easier for people to join in from all corners of the world.

We'd have to establish parameters, first, as well as how many people. And whether we're going to use a random map, a mod (I know a few, but they get kind of resource intensive and also require the game to be updated to version 3.19), or a scenario map. And whether we're going to allow tiered difficulties or require everyone at the same difficulty. As well as whether we're going to have any AI players and any barbarians. And all sorts of other fun stuff.

So, anyone up for it?
    Keep in mind that 3.19 and 3.19-Steam are different and incompatible versions. I highly recommend anyone running the game de-patch the game to 3.19 if they aren't actively using the Steam-based online multiplayer features, as 3.19-Steam removes LAN, Pitboss, and I think play by email. You can downgrade to 3.19 (or upgrade to 3.19-Steam if you want to go back) by going into game properties, betas, and then selecting "original release unsupported."

Last edited:
    Years
    Keep in mind that 3.19 and 3.19-Steam are different and incompatible versions. I highly recommend anyone running the game de-patch the game to 3.19 if they aren't actively using the Steam-based online multiplayer features, as 3.19-Steam removes LAN, Pitboss, and I think play by email. You can downgrade to 3.19 (or upgrade to 3.19-Steam if you want to go back) by going into game properties, betas, and then selecting "original release unsupported."

Well that'll come in handy when playing with people who only have the Steam version for me. I've only got the non-Steam version, myself.

Back