• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You have no gym badges? You must be a total noob!"

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • I once faced Morty with a team of normal-type Pokemons during one of my Monotype challenge. The bad thing was that I forgot to include Foresight, Lick, and Astonish. I tried to teach my team every possible TMs so Morty doesn't kick my ass..... but it didn't go well.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • You might not believe what I'm saying, but....

I did not know how to get out of my own house when I first started my very own pokemon blue version, until 2 months later when my friend showed me how to... I was so embarrassed :embarrass

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • You might not believe what I'm saying, but....
    I did not know how to get out of my own house when I first started my very own pokemon blue version, until 2 months later when my friend showed me how to... I was so embarrassed :embarrass

Wow, quite an accomplishment.

The most common noob moments for me is using ground type moves on flying types without realising it. Bet that happens to many people...

Last edited:

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • When playing Pokemon Yellow, whenever my Nidoking was ready to learn Horn Drill I would get rid of one of its better attacks, like Mega Punch or Earthquake. Of course I was young and stupid when I started and assumed that a one-hit KO move was the best way to go. Now I realize that I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I tried to use an all Psychic-type moveset Pokemon against an Umbreon. I was so mad when nothing happened and it killed my Psychic type.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I have two noob moments, both back in Pokemon Silver Version.

Firstly, I remember my first time playing Pokemon Silver, I would never be able to save because I thought that message (saying something like 'are you sure you want to overwrite') meant that my game would get deleted. I never said yes, and kept wondering why I was still at my first save spot (since it wouldn't prompt you to overwrite the save file if there wasn't one).

Secondly, does anyone remember the Kenya sidequest, where you had to deliver the Spearow to that sleepy guy outside of Violet City? Yeah, NEVER give another Pokemon that mail. I lost a Lugia to that guy. >:(

Years
  • Way back in Generation I, I was convinced that there was a set hierarchy of priority moves. Quick Attack was obviously the fastest move, but in my mind, Swift was the next fastest, and so on and so forth. It took me a while before I realized that the priority was based on the Speed of the Pokémon involved, not on the moves (with the exception of Quick Attack).

Aside from that, most of my mistakes came from cross-generational changes. I remember being confused when Poison and Bug were no longer super-effective against one another, as well as when Magnemite suddenly resisted all sorts of stuff it never had before. I also got hit when certain Pokémon became immune to Earthquake via Levitate, as many have said.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • When I first started playing Pokemon Blue, I kept using my Kakuna's Harden against Brock, because I thought it actually was supposed to do damage. Needless to say, I found out the truth the hard way. ;_;
    More recently, I tried using Double-Edge or something against a Jellicent, because I keep thinking that it's like a Tentacruel and not a ghost-type. ._.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    When I first played Pokemon Red/Blue, I didn't even know what to do in the battle against my Rival in Oak's lab. I was literally smashing buttons randomly.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    On a playthrough of Pokemon Crystal as a kid the egg you recieved from the Daycare finally hatched into a Cleffa, I was overjoyed that I would be able to get one of my favourite pokemon sooner then expected but I disliked how it sparkled so I resetted my game (don't ask why.) I only realised last year I had hatched a rare shiny pokemon and the fact it can evolve into one of my favourite Pokemon.... is quite painful XD

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • First time I played Silver, I named Rival "Rival" cause I thought that's what he was supposed to be named. XD

In Emerald, used my Master Ball on Rayquaza cause I thought it would flee and disappear. Catching Latios was hell. T_T

I forgot who I was facing but I had Snorlax with me and I wanted to catch the opponent so I kept using "Yawn" over and over to try and make it sleep, wasted 9 turns to find out that I wasn't just missing cause of bad accuracy. -_-

I've had many more, just can't remember. xD

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • If i were to count the number of noob moments ...... Well one of them is when i went into battle with a ghost and fire type in white version, using my magmortar who only know normal, fighting, and fire type moves, none of which affect him, lol...

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Killing my Red file with Pokemon Stadium 2.
    OK, I'll explain it if you don't understand it. My friend had Stadium 2 and I had Red. I hooked it up, and proceeded to get my assed kicked by being critted every single turn. I, then in turn, ripped it out with Stadium still on. The save file has been corrupted!

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • I have my fair share of noob moments. The most embarassing moment for me occured when I was playing Pokemon Emerald. I am capturing Rayquaza at that time so I let it sleep. Then I tried paralyzing it next cause I thought status afflictions would stack but in pokemon games it isn't like that. But I thought it would really stack so I kept using thunder wave and repeat sleep powder on it then use thunder wave again... Until I can't catch it anymore... Its really a shame..

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I only bothered to train my starter.
    In fact, my Swampert was lv.70 while the rest of my team were in the mid 30s by Sootopolis back when I had Sapphire.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    My noob moment?
    Buying a $500 Magikarp, only to find out it's useless and it could be caught, like, almost everywhere.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Mine was when my best buddy told me that if you beat the elite four in Silver 35 times without stopping, you'd get all the legendary pokemon.

:/

Back