• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen ~*!*~YOU HAVE TO PICK~*!*~

~*!*~WHICH ONE?~*!*~

• ~*!*~TEAM AQUA~*!*~

Votes: 79 45.9%
  • ~*!*~TEAM MAGMA~*!*~

Votes: 93 54.1%

• Total voters

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Well, Team Magma does have cooler Pokemon..
    So Probably Them.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Team Aqua!
    Whatever happens, the world will still be covered with mostly, water!
    And also the reason I chose them because I like their costume! D

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Team Magma ftw! I always hated to surf in the ocen during games. to many tentacruel and Wingulls. plus i love there uniforms. and they actually have a HIDDEN base. i loved it when you try to surf to the next city when 3 wailmer and a team aqua member trying to train them... don't the police see them or something?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Both of them were stupid but if I had to pick, I'll go with Team Aqua. Their uniforms were less ridiculous.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Team Aqua, cause I like Corphish/Crawdaunt and Carvanha/Sharpedo as opposed to whatever it is Team Magma has. :D

Well, piranhas and sharks are more intimidating than camels...

I like Team Aqua. Their evil plan is slightly less stupid. I mean, a decent-sized group of people could probably live without land, and develop artificial underwater structures that they could inhabit, as well as boats, submarines, etc. If you dry up the oceans, I think everyone is pretty much screwed before too long.

Team Aqua's costumes are better. They look like normal clothes that people would actually wear. Team Magma has some weird hood with horns on it, mittens and a poncho.

Also, Water beats Fire. And Ground.

Good reasoning on Team Aqua's part... poor, deluded Team Magma...
    Lol at Team Magma's clothing...I guess the 'horns' are OK for 'intimidation,' if that's what you want to call it... But ponchos would bemore suited for Team Aqua when it rains. And why would people wear mittens near a volcano? Aren't their hands warm enough already?

Oh I forgot about that magma grunt at the post near the magma pool. I remember he said:What in the world did I do to get this post. My left ear's burning up!
    Maybe for that reason(If I get that place!) I'll change from Magma to Aqua.

Darn intense heat... At least with water, you can adjust the temp.

Is anyone else amused that the Team Aqua has a red bar in the poll and Team Magma the blue?

I am now! :D Do I sense some color jealousy between the teams?

Team Aqua. They had a pirate look which is awesome. :D (Sapphire person here. Heavy Rain is better than a blazing sunlight that harms your vision.) Also, you get to ride in a submarine, Kyogre is awesome, and you get to have totally cool water Pokemon. I know how I would look in their uniform because most of them have red hair just like me. :)

(I bet Misty would totally approve of Team Aqua, too.)

If I were on Team Magma, I'd have to be at the top of a volcano, be extremely thirsty, wear clothing that is too warm. We'd run out of water.

TEAM AQUA RULES :D

I'll agree on Heavy Rain > Harsh Sunlight...but replace Heavy Rain with Snowstorm and that's a different matter...

Submarine trip would be nice...I mean, once you've seen grass, rocks, forests, and tundras, you've pretty much seen all the land has to offer...plus the sea seems more vibrant!

Kyogre's cool (I chose Sapphire originally before Emerald), but if Team Aqua enslaves it for their purposes, we're gonna have some trouble!

If Misty travels around with Team Aqua...how many members would she recruit for them...? Darn...they'd get to work with her 24/7! :(

Apparently, Team Magma has a higher chance of failure due to risk of: falling into lava, dehydration, and hyperthermia... All Team Aqua has to worry about is drowning, which probably isn't likely if they know how to swim...

My favorite color is green, blue+yellow = green. red+nothing = cant make green.

Well, yellow light minus red light can get you green light. Does that count? :D

team magma. Team aqua looks ridiculous. Like gay pirates.

That post was ridiculous.,.ly funny. Point for Team Magma, 'cause Team Aqua just got burnt!

If we were meant to live in water, we would have been born like a magicarp.
    Magma. <3

True...or we could've been born like Croagunk and live on both!

I went with Team Magma. First of all, I like the skirts and legwarmers the female Grunts wear lol.

Secondly, the fire-type is my LIFE!! I couldn't abandon them for fish. But, I wouldn't have Numels etc... I'd have my very own team of kick-ass fire-types :D

The Team Magma females' uniforms do seem hotter than Team Aqua's version, to be honest (though Team Aqua's female uniform is pretty good). And Team Magma's the only place we get to see the hot Magma Admin Courtney! ;)

And Fire-type RULES!! :t257: (lol at the fish bit) But the Camerupt Family does kinda make you want to consider switching sides in order to use Team Aqua's slightly-cooler-looking Pokemon...

To be honest, I was never a fan of Surfing, in the case of Pokémon, or Sailing, in the case of Wind Waker. Especially when you need to surf over an area of infinitely vast Blue sea, with monsters awaiting to trap you at every steps.

So then I was playing Pokémon 3rd. Every new things amazed me, but most of all, I was very glad that I didn't need to surf in order to get to dewford island. When I arrive to Slateport, I quietly continue my adventure through the northwest of the Hoenn region, climbing up a volcano, visiting a valley filled with ash, going through a desert and a beautiful waterfall cave with great music.

Then I beat dad in a Pokémon battle, and he tells me Wally's mom has a gift for me! Surely something to coninue my adventure, right?
    Yes. I go there to recieve HM03, Surf!

I continue through the game through the hills filled with Rain, and eventually arrive at Lillycove. After some sidetracking, I learn that I have to go through... the Sea. A wide open sea that is easy to get lost in. I open my map and realize that the sea is not only my next route, but also the entirety of the rest of the whole game!

Flashback to Team Aqua telling that their plan was to submerge the land with the sea. I freak out.

"Oh no! If they submerge the land, that means even MORE water to surf through! Water that's too salty to quench thirst, invading the beautiful valleys of this region."

And then it was personal.

So, yeah, Team Magma anyday for me.

Whoa...at least you have something to fight Team Aqua for! :pirate: Most of us just got dragged into the Team Magma-Aqua Conflict against our own will... :rambo:

Magma > Aqua. ♡ 'Nuff said.
    Team Magma seems better organized, especially when it comes to the location of their hideout. Their base is in some remote woods strewn with volcanic ash, while Aqua decides to locate themselves right next to a huge city
    in plain sight. Go figure.
    'Sides, Magma definitely has shinier outfits. :D Cosplay convention costumes FTW!

Team Magma ftw! I always hated to surf in the ocen during games. to many tentacruel and Wingulls. plus i love there uniforms. and they actually have a HIDDEN base. i loved it when you try to surf to the next city when 3 wailmer and a team aqua member trying to train them... don't the police see them or something?

Lol, that Team Aqua Grunt was an idiot. In terms of location, Team Magma's choice of a hideout seems impressive. Not only is it based near a volcano (which few people venture near anyway), you also need the Magma Emblem to be permitted entry (which works as a password and adds additional security to help safeguard the base and the belongings within). Plus, you might need the Acro Bike to traverse the Jagged Pass, which cleverly hides the base with ash, trees, and the like.

Furthermore, even when you're in Team Magma's Hideout, you have to face potential wild Pokemon (Geodude, Graveler, Torkoal, Machop), lava puddles, drill machines (which could potentially kill you if a Team Magma member operates it and tries to hit you), intense heat, various pathways that could stall you, and a possible Groudon encounter near the end.
    Another factor is that you have to travel underground, and Team Magma could easily trigger a cave-in as a last resort security measure in case of infiltration from pesky Trainers (such as us :P).

Team Aqua, on the other hand, is a complete idiot with their hideout location. Right next to a very bustling city, and all you need is either swimming ability or a Pokemon that can Surf. You don't even need a password/Aqua Emblem! No wild Pokemon are inside to impede infiltrators' progress, and the warps aren't that hard to figure out once you get the hang of them. Plus, who the heck leaves a Master Ball unattended?! Stupid Archie.
    Oh, and you can get in 2 ways, even! You can enter the unguarded main gate, or you can dive in the ocean bordering Lilycove City's shore and emerge well within the base (the area where Aqua Admin Matt was blocking access to Captain Stern's Submarine). We at least know there's an underwater exit, seeing as how some Aqua members escaped the base via submarine.

Sheesh...at least Team Rocket had hidden buttons, guards, and passwords for their bases...

Team Aqua!
    Whatever happens, the world will still be covered with mostly, water!
    And also the reason I chose them because I like their costume! D

Well, in goal completion, Team Aqua is way ahead! Since the Pokemon World is 70% water and 30% land, a few more Hydro Cannons/Pumps, Water Guns, Surfs, Water Spouts, and Rain Dances ought to do it for Team Aqua to finish their plans.

Team Magma, on the other hand, isn't even halfway complete with its goal. They have to dry up all the land via Sunny Day and Heat Wave, make all the plants devoid of any moisture, and need to get Pokemon to perform more Rock Slides/Tombs, Eruptions, and Stone Edges. Plus, they technically have to get rid of the clouds, too, which is nigh on impossible. So at this rate, Team Magma may as well give up, since they're so far behind...they can hope, though!

Well, I kind of like having land, and grass, so Team Magma, for me. :P

Me, too. We need our fruits and veggies wheat! :\

-------
    Winners In Terms Of:

Leader's Sanity, Hideout Location, Clothing Appearance: Team Magma
    Pretty much everything else: Team Aqua

Though I love Kyogre :t382: and Pokemon Sapphire,(Ruby is overrated :P)I'm more inclined towards the color red, with blue as my 2nd-favorite. Plus, Team Magma will actually let me use my Fire-type Starters! :) And Team Aqua was the first crime syndicate to ever annoy me in the Pokemon games as well as the first group of people who interrupted my Pokemon quest. So Team Magma for me! (even though I'm now an ex-Team Magma Grunt as of Pokemon Emerald)!

EDIT: Maxie also seems more level-headed and less deranged than Archie. Archie seems like a maniac, especially in the anime's Gaining Groudon and The Scuffle of Legends and the manga Pokemon Special.

Last edited:
    Years
    Magma...Hoenn needs more land.

I hate Hoenn because it has so much water, so Magma would make me like it better! =] (tho Kyogre is more awesome than groudon, but w/e)

wait...i do like water...D=

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Magma ftw!!! I like red so thats one reason. Their uniforms are cooler also.

mockingod

Super Mario World Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2010
    MAGMA their suits look like devils with black horns!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Team magma. I hate open water, and I hate getting wet. I LOVE the sandy beach though. And, their outfits are more stylish...and I get a Numel.
    Numel = Cute

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Team Magma, no contest.

Some of my favorite Pokemon happen to be fire types.
    Team Magma's uniforms are better, IMO.
    & I prefer land to water.

Also, Groudon > Kyogre

ianmichael7

Pokemon Fayt Creator
    Years
    Aqua... I like the color blue and the ocean lol... playing with magma and lava is just a bit too much for me to handle

Back