• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You just won a multi-million lottery!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
  • Id travel around the world, use some for what I need, give some for charity, invest some, loan to my friends (if they REALY need it) buy that house Ive always wanted and finaly...do something productive for science.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I would take it out of the bank before putting it somewhere than forget about it and one day go "Oh that's right I hid it in the mattress... to bad I just donated it to charity..."

lol jokes I would probably use it up on steam games and maybe build a master computer and than buy lots of google shares

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd buy so many items and clothes and a gaming console (or several) always choose the best kind of food when I go to the store and I'd also pay off my parents' loans and my own study loans of course. Most part of it I would probably save on some bank account with great interest somewhere. I wouldn't buy a house immediately - the apartment I have now is lovely even if it's not the most classy thing in the world. I would wait until I knew what town (or country) I wanted to live and work in before buying a big house. Oh, and a car. Definitely a car.

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    I would do nothing with it. I will just out it in the bank until I really need it. And then I would be rich and smart. I might get private tutors so i could stop going to school. And I might buy Gamefreak.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I'd give a portion to all the people that have been there for me when I really needed them, my real friends and my closest family members. I'd give my closest friends money for them to go to college and study whatever they want and then I would take them all shopping with me and I would buy them anything they want. Then I'd buy my parents and my grandparents a nice house where they could live in comfortably, wherever it is that they want to live. I'd give extra money to my parents so that they could buy all of my siblings anything they need like clothes, education, etc. After I give money to those that deserve it, I'll give a portion to charity and try to help out wherever I can. The rest, I would waste a little on my favourite clothing stores, buy a few watches, hats, etc. and maybe even a few cars, hell I'll travel to Italy and Japan like I've always wanted. The rest I would save for my education and for the family plan to have in the future. I would put a bit of it in the bank, but the majority would be in a safe because I don't trust the economy lol.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • First of all, I'd get a car. This car:
    Spoiler:

Next, I'd go on a road trip around the country. Then, I'd probably gamble all my money away in Vegas.

Brizz

TM87
    Years
  • I'd first probably buy my own house and a new car. I don't expect any crazy type of house or anything, just your average house in your average middle class neighborhood. I may also hook up some of the people that are close to me such as my family and my best friend that I've known for a long time. Maybe buy a ton of clothes and nice kicks too. As for the rest, it would probably go into the bank and get used only when needed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2014
    I would defininitly do lots of stuff with all that money, like buy a mansion, give some to charity, then live the life in my mansion. lol xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The standard stuff first of all: new house (not a massive one, by any means, but as it'll be in London/New York, it'll be expensive anyway!), pay off all debts, give some money to family for all the times they've helped me out yadda yadda yadda. Depending on how much is left, I could go one of two ways:

1) Still lots and lots: Quit job and do what I've always wanted to do - travel and make something 'cultural'. Be it writing a book or making a film or putting on a stage show, I'd love to have the opportunity to do so at some point in life, and having the finances to do so would make it a lot easier!

2) Lots, but not enough to live on forever: Quit job and go into something more low-key but more pleasurable. Do a bit of travelling but not too much. Put remaining money in a good bank account and live on the interest. Boring, I know, but I wouldn't want to blow everything after the initial windfall.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • If I got at least 50 million dollars (after taxes are taken out), this is what I would do. First, I'll quit my job, if I'm not still in the Navy. If I am still in the Navy, I'll let my contract expire while my funds sit in a high-interest CD of some sort that will roll into a bank account with decent interest when my contract expires.

After that, I'll set up and invest my money in the following way before moving out of my current place.

1. Spend 3 million on both a car and a house. That should cover even my most extravagant wants for either. Keep in mind that this does NOT include the surrounding estate. If the house in mind exceeds these expenses after I buy the car, I'll simply look for something else.

2. Take about 2.75 million of it, and give it to my close friends and family. My parents will get at least a million of this, to pay off all outstanding debts and help them to retire without worrying about finances. My siblings will get another 1-1.5 million total, and my close friends will get the rest, to help wipe out their financial troubles. Ensure that this fund is used quickly.

3. Use about 250,000 of it to make some more friends, who are inevitably going to come at my beck and call if I ever have need of them in my own right. (I'll be sure to give it to poorer people.) Save about half of this fund for tight situations, and spend the other half within the first year or two.

4. Take 10 million and buy land and other real estate. My house will be separate from this bill. Invest any remaining funds in improving the security and value of the existing real estate, or use the rest on the house, to improve on things there.

5. Get another 15 million and buy stocks and bonds. Ensure that there is money left over for trade fees if they need to be re-traded often to increase growth.

6. Use another 5 million to buy gold, silver, platinum, etc. Use the remainder of the money to secure the goods in a safe place.

7. Spend 1 million on my own education. Put all remaining funds into savings, if any.

8. Spend another 2 million on security of various kinds, to ensure my material wealth doesn't dwindle rapidly. Use the remaining for the clean-up and utility bills until the interest from my savings can take up the slack.

9. Take 1 million and use it for my own miscellaneous purposes. (This money should last a long while, as my assets are building to the point where I can live happily off the interest.)

10. Take the last 10 million and put it into a high-interest savings account. Should my other investments fail, I would be able to sustain my land and home with the interest.

11. If I should win more or less than 15 million, I'll just allot the funds in proportion to the list above.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's say I win 50 mil.

My mom - 5 million
    My dad - 2 million
    My brother - 1 million (only after he graduates college and turns 30 in 10 more years)
    5 aunts and 2 uncles. 1 million each (they may choose how to use on their children.)
    That's around 15 million.

The 35 left would be for myself, family unit (one day).
    I would not be liberal with my spending habit - at all.
    This is money I would put in savings for many generations that succeed myself.

I would buy a spacious house (2 million). I don't need a mansion :p
    College savings accounts for my children
    A sporadic trip some place new, every three years or so. Around 10-15k.
    I would still go to school and pursuit a career in my field of study. I would feel completely selfish if I drained that fund for my kids and their kids' kids! I just don't understand how people can burn through millions of dollars without even considering their family's needs after winning the lotto. I am a frugal freak, the whole idea of reckless personal financing, or lack thereof, make me feel sick!

Back