• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You know what really grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

How Lance used Action Replay to get 3 pre evolved Dragonites.

Very funny.
    What i hate is how hard it is to level up after you beat the game. Sure there's the elite 4, but their boring and repetitive.

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Finding the sheer amount of useless berries given to me from mother, whilst I dont battle wifi, and thus barely find use for them

Years
  • How Lance used Action Replay to get 3 pre evolved Dragonites.

Lol, I always wondered about that too!:laugh:

In all seriousness, though, it really grinds my gears how no one in the Johto Safari Zone actually explains how to place things. I mean, I've figured it out by now, but it was really frustrating to have everyone there say things like, "you select the item you want to place, and you place it!"

Flippar11

PKMN- The Lost Pichu Creator
    Years
  • A few things I dislike:
    -Mom keeps wasting my money on useless things.
    - Joey's calls.
    -There is no Poffins or PokeBlocks or anything like that! Just the old Apricorns. Oh well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    I agree. I absolutely hate Lyra with a passion. She wears farmers clothes and her hat is twenty three thousand times larger than her head. Maybe I could forgive her for her horrible fashion sense if she wasn't a god damn liar. She's called me ten times saying her stupid ass marill has evolved, I go to her house, and she's sitting there with her unevolved marril running around in circles. I dunno, maybe she just has a secret stash of marrills that she hides from everyone and then when one of them evolves she throws it out and grabs a new marill.

PL50

I hate legendaries
    Years
  • i dont really mind when mom buys me berries, their useful in the battle tower!

But what i DO hate is joey....
    AND ZAPDOS!

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • The only thing I really hate is how you can't buy coins. I hate stupid chance minigames in any videogame. No Porygon for me. :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    There were three big things I really hated about HG:

The annoying random trainer calls. If you're not calling to battle, bug off. 90% of the calls are a waste of time.

It being a pain to track down the gym leaders for a rematch. You have to call them at a certain time on a certain day and I can never remember when to call who.

The one that bugs me the most is not being able to fly directly between the two regions. I always have to make a stop at the Elite 4 before I can fly to the other region. (Also, why is it always the Elite 4 but you have to battle five trainers?)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • That route 23.... Not that it affects gameplay at all, but just feels like there's something missing :paranoid: (like some OCD of some sort for me)

Just noticed while I was participating on my shiny club event... Strange...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • What I hated was the phone feature, like everyone else said, but I also hate the lack of good places to grind. Well, I couldn't find very many good places to grind, and so I had to grind at decent places for a long time until my pokes catch up in level. Luckily I found a good trainer to battle post E-4 to train. ;)

Years
  • what makes me mad is the fact that i didn't receive my pokedex or pokeballs until i had already been around like 2-3 towns already. there were so many opportunities to catch great pokemon and i couldn't because i didn't have pokeballs. that made me mad but other than that i really like HeartGold.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I was ENRAGED when I found out the Elite 4 was filled with sh*tty 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon after you beat them. I mean, I bought the game so I WOULDN'T have to deal with horrid Sinnoh Pokemon designs, and then you turn the only renewable training place available after you beat the game into a Sinnoh-fest? Screw that! I'll play the originals.

I also didn't like how the game looked ugly and was SLOW as a amputee Slowbro. The battling was so stiff and clunky and the health bar dropped so slowly, and the whole 3D approach taken was terrible. Everything looked so pixely and fake. This isn't just HG/SS, but 4th gen games in general. 3rd gen games looked the best and played the best, clean, quick, crisp, and phresh.

I was also pretty when I found out this 'Lyra' ***** replaced Marina.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Years
  • I was ENRAGED when I found out the Elite 4 was filled with sh*tty 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon after you beat them. I mean, I bought the game so I WOULDN'T have to deal with horrid Sinnoh Pokemon designs, and then you turn the only renewable training place available after you beat the game into a Sinnoh-fest? Screw that! I'll play the originals.

I also didn't like how the game looked ugly and was SLOW as a amputee Slowbro. The battling was so stiff and clunky and the health bar dropped so slowly, and the whole 3D approach taken was terrible. Everything looked so pixely and fake. This isn't just HG/SS, but 4th gen games in general. 3rd gen games looked the best and played the best, clean, quick, crisp, and phresh.

I was also pretty when I found out this 'Lyra' ***** replaced Marina.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Preach brotha! I don't mind Sinnoh Pokemon, but I wish they'd stay in Diamond and Pearl.

Years
  • I did not like HG and SS in general, mainly Kanto. I could not stand the Kanto music. In fact, I had it on mute since the music their is just annoying. The only reason I even got the game was to do the Arceus event and cream everyone with my Giratina or Dialga. I creamed Red with my level 80 Dialga and spammed Roar of Time, kO ing five of his pokemon. I do like a litle bit of the Johto music but not much, I only liked the Sinjoh Ruins music. I found those games and the originals overrated.

Note: this is coming from someone who played the games since Yellow.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Please don't bump threads over a month old since the last post.

As we have thread on a similar sort of vein (the what you would change thread...I presume some things people would like changed would be things that grinded their gears =p) about already, I'll just close this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back