• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know...

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    That feeling when you've grown up watching a serie that is still popular in 2014? A serie you've played the games until a certain "Gold/Silver/Crystal" version on the Game Boy Color and then stopped playing until one day you felt like returning and bought the new "Y" version and everything feel overwhelming?

Hello everyone, that person is me. As you might've guessed from my first few lines i have recently returned to the Pokemon serie, the video games at least. What caused it? Well i was watching a guy on Youtube playing a blind Pokemon Y nuzlocke and despite him failing to complete it i felt an urge to go to my nearest video games store and purchase one of the two most recent titles, Pokemon Y to be precise.

Overwhelming, is an understatement for how i felt and i don't mean that in a "woah the game changed so much" but moreso in a "the gap from 251 pokemons to 740+" kind of way, amongst other things. I've only started playing recently, just got my second badge tonight and i remembered from previous games that, the only way to get a machamp was by trading so i logged on the GTS.

...yeah i don't think i wanna give away a mew just to get a machoke/machamp. Or an articuno...or any legendary lol, so sadly i'm still stuck with my machoke lvl28.

I'll admit getting back into the serie is a bit scary there's so many things i'm oblivious to, so many Pokemons i don't know, so many mechanic im unaware off. So because of that i can't get the full enjoyment of including myself in a pokemon community but BAH here i am anyway!

Boy that sounded more like a sob story than an introduction! Nice to meet you all though~

Welcome back to Pokemon, Archvile! Yaaaaay. :))

But ugh yeah.. the GTS can be ridiculous. Most of the listed trades there are really unfair since the fairer ones get traded within minutes. Whenever I put any good trades up they're done and over with before I can bat an eye. You should check out the Trade Corner here for all your trading needs - it's much better than sitting around on the GTS until you find something decent, ahah.

Enjoy your time on PC and welcome to the forum. <3 Hope you'll stick around with us for a long while. Lots of people here got back into Pokemon with X/Y so you're not at all alone.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    Thank you for welcoming me, Sheep! Yes in the near future i should start posting in various sections and hopefully i can get along with the others.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Goodness me, I love your avatar - that's Teddie, from Persona 4, right? I love him as a character, hehe. <3

And I know that feeling - I do love to play the classic pokemn games from a couple of years ago for good nostalgic, you know? And yeah, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y has opened up a different world for each of us, and it definitely feels different from the pokemon games in general. But still, it's really nice for you to return to pokemon! :D

Well, I hope you have fuuun, and don't forget that we're always around if you need a hand, or if you want someone to chat with, I'm always available, you know! So thanks for joining us, and happy weekend! (:

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    Goodness me, I love your avatar - that's Teddie, from Persona 4, right? I love him as a character, hehe. <3

And I know that feeling - I do love to play the classic pokemn games from a couple of years ago for good nostalgic, you know? And yeah, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y has opened up a different world for each of us, and it definitely feels different from the pokemon games in general. But still, it's really nice for you to return to pokemon! :D

Well, I hope you have fuuun, and don't forget that we're always around if you need a hand, or if you want someone to chat with, I'm always available, you know! So thanks for joining us, and happy weekend! (:
    Yup, that's definitely Teddie...in crossdressing mode. -cough-
    Thank you for the greeting~

Back