• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Two discards for one would be like kicking yourself in the teeth every time you play the thing. It wouldn't even trigger dark world effects since it's part of a cost. D:

Puddle of Death: the game would never be the same after this one, seriously. :x

Stoneskin Raptor: ehh...surprise-walling for 2000 is fun and all, but after that it's just a subpar Steamroid and we all know how mind-bogglingly awesome Steamroid is. Pass on this one.

Stoneskin Dendle: so basically walls out just about anything and creates a tribute fodder/chump blocker token to go with it. You still need to define Dendle Token's Def, though, and the Atk should be ? as with similar Atk-defining effects. Ehh...not likely to make a significant beater, really, so tribute fodder is the best bet for that poor token. Still, the 2700-point wall aspect can cause all kinds of fun.

Tectonic Shift: Well, Canyon definitely needed something like this, I'll give it that. Surprise deflection damage for the opponent and a natural complement to the Dendle as it can actually let the token reach a formidable size.

And now, I feel like doing something...LP gainy. :3

Medicine of Legend - Horai Elixir
    Continuous Spell

While you control this face-up Card, you can not activate any other Spell Cards or Special Summon Monsters. At the end of each turn, your Life Points become 8000.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Continuous Spell

While you control this face-up Card, you can not activate any other Spell Cards or Special Summon Monsters. At the end of each turn, your Life Points become 8000.

Dust Tornado. Honestly, just two cards for an instant heal back to 8000, and maybe even a stall for a turn or two depending on if the opponent can hit you for a full 8000 at once? Even with the restriction, this suffers from a similar problem as Mirage of Nightmare, and we know how that worked out.

...Unfortunately, I have no cards to add at this time.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • parasite demons still kicking after half a year, I'm darn amazed XD;

Mind Desychronizer
    Psychic/Effect
    4 Star/Dark
    1600 Atk / 1200 Def

Increase the level of all Tuner monsters by 1.

Fortune Eye
    Psychic/Effect
    1 Star/Light
    0 Atk / 500 Def

Flip: Pay Life Points in multiples of 300 (up to a maximum of 900). For each 300 Life Points you paid, pick up a card from the top of your opponent's deck and arrange them in any order you desire. Replace them on the top of your opponent's deck.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Dust Tornado. Honestly, just two cards for an instant heal back to 8000, and maybe even a stall for a turn or two depending on if the opponent can hit you for a full 8000 at once? Even with the restriction, this suffers from a similar problem as Mirage of Nightmare, and we know how that worked out.

...Unfortunately, I have no cards to add at this time.

Butbutbut...x.x

FINE!

Exchanging that penalty for something that really does sting. Here goes.

Continuous Spell

While you control this face-up Card, you can not activate any other Spell Cards. At the end of each turn, your Life Points become 8000. When this face-up card is removed from your Field, your Life Points become 100.

That less reminiscent of the old Mirage?

Mind Desychronizer: Psychic Commander likes this, sure, (synchro with this for your instant 8-star) and it messes up standard synchro setups for your opponent, which is nice, but...it's not really Psychic if it doesn't touch life points. Maybe make it so that you have to pay x amount of life points for the level increase? Or pay a Mind Protectoresque maintenance cost each turn for having this on the field?

Fortune Eye: Ehh...as much as I like arranging my opponent's draws, this is looking a bit puny. Maybe increase its stats to a passable level or at least make it tuner to give it a bit more utility?

And yes, Parasites are indeed still alive and kicking. Persistent little buggers they are. :x

And on the note of stuff that's still alive, now with a new kind of mechanic:

Empath Fiend - Avarice
    Psychic/Tuner/Effect
    3 Star/Dark
    1200 Atk / 1100 Def

If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a Psychic Type Monster, you can pay 400 Life Points to draw a card for each Psychic Type Monster used in that Synchro Summon, then discard a card from your Hand for every non-Tuner Psychic Type Monster used in the summon.

Empath Fiend - Curiosity
    Psychic/Effect
    1 Star/Wind
    0 Atk / 0 Def

During either player's turn, you can activate the effect of this card from your Hand by revealing it. If you do, this card remains revealed until the End Phase of your next turn. By paying 300 Life points, look at your opponent's Hand.

Empath Fiend - Fury
    Psychic/Effect
    4 Star/Fire
    1850 Atk / 800 Def

By paying 500 Life Points, select a Monster your opponent controls and that Monster is forced into Attack Position until your next Standby Phase. A Monster forced into Attack Position by this effect must attack during your opponent's next turn.

Empath Fiend - Loneliness

Psychic/Tuner/Effect
    2 Star/Water
    800 Atk / 1550 Def

During your Standby Phase, if this card is the only Monster you control, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon one "Empath Fiend" Monster from your Deck.

Empath Fiend - Paranoia
    Psychic/Effect
    4 Star/Wind
    1700 Atk / 300 Def

By paying 500 Life Points, select one card from your opponent's Hand and look at it. If the card you selected is a Spell or Trap card, your opponent Sets it on his/her Field.

Empath Fiend - Rejection
    Psychic/Effect
    3 Star/Dark
    1000 Atk / 1850

When your opponent declares an attack, you can pay 800 Life Points to declare a card type (Spell, Trap, or Monster) then reveal the top card of your opponent's Deck. If the card revealed by this effect is of the type you declared, negate the attack and return the attacking Monster to its owner's Hand, then place the revealed card at the bottom of your opponent's Deck.

Empath Fiend - Restlessness
    Psychic/Effect
    3 Star/Wind
    1500 Atk / 1300 Def

Once per turn, you can pay 700 Life Points. If you do, your opponent skips his/her next Main Phase 1.

Empath Fiend - Terror

Psychic/Effect
    1 Star/Dark
    0 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, you can declare a Monster Level then pay Life Points equal to 200 x the Level you declared to look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monsters with a Level lower than or equal to the Level you declared, select one of them and the Attribute, Level, Atk, and Def of this card are treated as those of the selected Monster.

Empath Fiend - Over Ego

Psychic/Synchro/Effect
    9 Star/Light
    2800 Atk / 1700 Def

1 Psychic Type Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner "Empath Fiend" Monster(s)

You can check all face-down cards your opponent controls. During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate a set Spell or Trap card your opponent controls as if it were your own. (Activation conditions must still be met)

Empathic Recall
    Quick-Play Spell

Select and activate the Effect of one "Empath Fiend" Monster in your Graveyard. You must still pay the activation cost of the effect you want to activate.

Shifting Mindscape

Field Spell

When this card is destroyed, you can pay 500 Life Points to select one "Mindscape" Spell card other than "Shifting Mindscape" from your Hand or Deck and activate it. When an "Empath Fiend" Monster you control is destroyed by Battle, you can pay 800 Life Points to add one "Empath Fiend" Monster from your Deck to your Hand. Once per turn, you can return one "Empath Fiend" Monster you control to your Hand to Special Summon one "Empath Fiend" Monster from your Hand.

Tranquil Mindscape

Field Spell

When this card is destroyed, you can pay 500 Life Points to select one "Mindscape" Spell card other than "Tranquil Mindscape" from your Hand or Deck and activate it. All Battle Damage you would receive from Battles involving "Empath Fiend" Monsters you control becomes zero. At the end of each turn, gain 500 Life Points for each "Empath Fiend" Monster you control.

Virulent Mindscape
    Field Spell

When this card is destroyed, you can pay 500 Life Points to select one "Mindscape" Spell card other than "Virulent Mindscape" from your Hand or Deck and activate it. Whenever an "Empath Fiend" Monster you control is sent from the Field to your Graveyard, inflict 500 Damage to your opponent. At the beginning of each Battle Phase, you can pay Life Points in multiples of 100 (maximum 500) to increase the Atk of all "Empath Fiend" Monsters you control by the same amount until the end of the Battle Phase.

Split-Personality Disorder

Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when an "Empath Fiend" Monster you control is destroyed. Pay 1500 Life Points to Special Summon two differently leveled Level 3 or lower "Empath Fiend" Monsters from your Deck.

There's...actually more, but I think that's quite a respectable load for one go. XD

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Just me and you again.

Avarice- so we have our new rival to psychic commander already being teleport friendly. Without dedicated psychic, it's still a discard one and draw one deal. If the other is psychic, 400 life points for 2 free cards is almost broken o_O;

Curiosity- translation: 300 LP to look at your hand every turn and you can't stop me at all. It's decent I guess.

Fury- good beatstick. Stops the return of the reaper since gladiator beast is slowly falling out, but still in general there is a lack of defense position monster though.

Loneliness- say it with me: LIMIT REVERSE. If emergency teleport isn't enough to get this thing out, you got limit reverse for some pretty darned sychron setup. Every limit reverse is immediately synchron, or at least a tuner out with a beatstick of your choice. The power of limit reverse here is insane.

Paranoia- interesting to force people to set cards. It's nifty.

Rejection- Krebon without the tuning, but you got a gamble bounce. This is some annoying stuff with fairy box (but that's a lot of LP to pay each turn then).

Restlessness- skipping main 1 is huge... forcing people to not be able to attack, and monsters are immediately vulnerable before they can pay for their cost through battle. This alone is almost enough to start at least rogue decks to me as a new member of the stun theme since you're forcing the opponent to be so slow and defensive.

Terror- a bit too luck based... rather use this card slot for phantom of chaos.

Over Ego- now now, how does the stealing of Solemn Judgment work now? that's probably the best thing to steal and take over XD; Great synergy with paranoia that it's evil. Force them to set card then activate it here.

Empathic Recall- more restlessness fun, and using Over Ego to steal more cards unexpectedly is always good.

Shifting Mindscape- too bad no big high star level monsters to use the 2nd effect... Not horribly useful considering how loneliness will probably do it much easier, without being a continuous spell (field) card telling everyone exactly what you want.

Tranquil Mindscape- the LP gain is a decent buffer but not really contributing greatly. It's a stall tactic and that's about it, while this deck is probably capable of pulling off plenty of synchrons after synchrons so it doesn't really need the stall.

Virulent Mindscape- seeing how most 500 atk bonus field isn't used, paying LP to do it isn't too attractive. The burn is quite minor too.

Split Personality Disorder- and *even less* reason to use shifting mindscape... this is crazy search getting 1 card + 1500 LP for 2 card in field essence. Immediately Goyo Guardian too so it's really o_O;

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • DON'T FORGET ME YET! DYNAMIC ENTRY, AC CODA X, KENZAN!

Damn I love caps lock. XD

Avarice: Daayyumm... I'm less inclined to agree with Frostweaver and say that this makes pure psychic broken- if anything, it jacks it up to a competitive level and also gives Overdrive Teleporter reason to be feared. However, this card is pretty evil in TeleDAD, giving the deck a free Dark World Dealings that doesn't cost them in-hand advantage and also making it even easier to summon the eponymous dragon. (Let's see... discard Malicious.... ooh! Three darks in the graveyard, I win!) And don't you dare say a thing about the level not being correct for Malicious-tuning, we've got Black Rose Dragon now as our resident level seven Synchro and that thing is NASTY. My advice? Don't let Avarice count for its own effect. That'll fix it up pretty good.

Curiosity: 300 LP for a look at the opponent's hand every other turn? I'd jack up the cost there, since even if you aren't disrupting the hand this thing is worth getting information about the hand.

Fury: The psychic-type equivalent of a Falcon Punch: it exists to hit hard, and leave nothing standing. Erm... yeah, stupid metaphor. Okay, point is that this thing is the biggest muscle an all-psychic deck can afford outside a Synchro or Overdrive Teleporter, but it also suffers from an effect that'll be near-useless unless your opponent has for some reason left Destiny Hero-Malicious or Krebons out in the open with no protection... not exactly a great move on their part. It could be argued that this monster is anti-gladiator beast, but chances are if you do use this thing on their Murmillo you'll be digging your own grave because the GB player will spring Waboku on you and laugh as that easy kill on Murmillo turns into Darius raising Bestiari and a Gyzarus double-kill. So the stats are good, but the effect is weak sauce.

Loneliness: Okay, so this + Avarice = Instant Goyou Guardian? Okay, this thing is basically the Empath Fiend equivalent of running six copies of Emergency Teleport. And to make matters worse, that move earlier? You draw two cards for it. DRAW TWO. If it weren't for Avarice you'd be pretty much fine here, but with Avarice this thing is about as broken as you can get. Any questions?

Paranoia: Using Curiosity to predict the opponent's hand followed by Paranoia to force them to overcommit to the field in preparation for Heavy Storm? Yes, please.

Rejection: A big, resounding "Meh". I'd have gone with a coin toss, unless you're planning to play these alongside of Convulsion of Nature. The defense is pretty nice, but this monster is still weak sauce.

Restlessness: Okay, so basically this thing forces an opponent with an empty field to skip their battle phase entirely next turn? Eh... the effect has the potential to be devastating when used at the right time, but the trick is predicting it and having Restless out in time to take advantage of it. Given that you've got Loneliness functioning as copies four, five, and six of Emergency Teleport I'd say that this monster is pretty damn good, but not so awesome as to be broken. So we're in Rai-Oh territory, which is pretty sweet.

Terror: Okay, this deck absolutely needs Curiosity to be any good, and this monster is almost too dependent- if it weren't for Sangan searching curiosity, this monster would be pretty fail. But then again, this thing actually keeps the stat boost, right? So there's that to consider. Not to mention that this thing is Crush fodder.

Over Ego: Ah, the most powerful Empath Fiend makes its return! And it forms a lovely little triangle with Paranoia and Curiosity: "Oh, hey, nice Solemn you've got there. Mind if I set it?" Dang.... this thing's nice. Not to mention that nine stars makes this thing compatible with Overdrive Teleporter. Now if only we had a level twelve Synchro with a usable effect, poor Overdrive might see more play if only to summon that thing.

Empathic Recall: And with loneliness in the graveyard... this becomes Emergency Teleport copies seven, eight, and nine. 0.o

Shifting Mindscape: This card exists to search those all important copies of Curiosity before they turn into dead draws, and also to get Loneliness off the field before it can be owned. About the only flaw I see here is that you're burning through your life points really fast...

Tranquil Mindscape: Oh, scratch that, THIS is what we're protecting Loneliness with. This card is basically the field spell you'll want to start with, if possible, and also the one that'll most likely keep you from burning yourself out too quickly considering that what with all the LP costs for effects, on the average turn you'll be burning out nearly fifteen hundred to activate two of 'em.

Virulent Mindscape: So... Psychic Commander as a field spell, which also turns your psychic types into Giant Germ? Meh, I really don't see all that much appeal... unless this is really late in the game and you need those extra few hundred attack points on the board for your final push.

THERE! MOVING ON!

Storyteller of Night- Scherezade
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/2*
    Atk 900/ Def 1500
    This monster can attack your opponent's life points directly. When this monster is chosen as an attack target, you can switch it to defense position before applying damage calculation. When this monster inflicts damage to the opponent's life points, you can select one "Night" monster from your deck and add it to your hand.

Fencer of the Night- Rochefort
    Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
    Atk 1700/ Def 1300
    When this monster would be destroyed as a result of battle, you can return it to your hand instead (damage calculation is applied normally). As long as you control this face-up monster, "Night" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Elegance of the Night- Durecht
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/3*
    Atk 1600/ Def 1300
    This monster can attack your opponent's life points directly. If you do, decrease this monster's Atk by 800 during damage calculation only. When this monster deals damage to your opponent's life points, you can send a spell card from your hand to the graveyard in order to special summon a "Night" monster in your graveyard to the field.

Music of the Night- Erik
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Tuner/4*
    Atk 900/ Def 2100
    You can special summon this monster from your hand if you control at least one other "Night" monster. As long as you control this monster, neither player can special summon monsters except "Night" monsters.

Pageant of the Night
    Normal Spell
    Remove all Dark-attribute monsters in both player's graveyards from play. Both players select a number of "Night" monsters from their decks equal to the number of "Night" monsters removed from their graveyards and add them to their hands.

...Yes, I know, Dark Armed Dragon compatible. But I can't switch the attribute without screwing over the whole Night thing. *cries*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Scherezade- and friendly with apprentice, searching without being a spell card so that's pretty darn nice in case you do run into secret village. Not bad, kinda squishy, but it is in defense mode after it attacks.

Rochefort- somehow I can foresee its effect of coming back to the hand being abused somehow though I can't think of any yet... its 2nd effect is more icing than practical. The other Night monsters aren't that big so synchrons will just run them over. The 2 dragons are slightly annoyed but not being able to blow things up is just 1 turn damage walling for judgment dragon and dark armed. Being warrior actually is kinda "eh" for this one since everyone else is spellcaster and you don't need this as an excuse to run Rose since you got a lv 4 tuner already.

Durecht- another nice effect turning all spell cards into premature burial on every successful attacks. Too bad that there is no big night monster to special summon. You do get to fetch a tuner back every time, which is the exact reason why plaguespreader is that threatening.

Erik- this thing is insane... 2100 wall is pretty safe considering that we are done with tribute in most occasion but Caius (who usually use a special summoned krebon as the tribute anyway) against any normal summon monsters. Easy to get out, crush card friendly... yeah o___o;;

Pageant of the Night- this is suppose to be a search, but it's more like "I got a strange hatred on just Dark Arm so here it is". I dunno about this one, really ><;;

I should create my own theme, or revival of one like for Alter Ego to make an old theme of mine be fitting for today's metagame~

Snowhorn Sprite
    Fairy / Effect
    1 Star / Water
    0 Atk / 0 Def

If this card is destroyed in battle by a special summoned monster, remove that special summoned monster and all monsters with the same name in both player's field, hand and deck.

Snowhorn Wolf
    Beast / Effect
    3 Star / Water
    1200 Atk / 700 Def

When this card is sent to the graveyard, choose a special summoned monster on the field. Negate the effect of that monster and lower its attack power by 1000 as long as this card remains in your graveyard.

Snowhorn Yeti Fighter
    Beast Warrior / Effect
    4 Star / Water
    1900 Atk / 1800 Def

When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, your opponent choose a spell card from his or her deck and sends it to the graveyard. If this card battles a special summoned monster, increase the Atk of this card by 400.

Snowhorn Owl
    Flying Beast / Effect
    2 Star / Water
    800 Atk / 600 Def

Flip: Until the end of your next turn, neither player can activate any spell cards or special summon any monsters.

Sage of Snowhorn
    Spellcaster / Effect
    4 Star / Water
    1600 Atk / 1900 Def

Once per turn, when a spell card is activated, you may discard 1 Snowhorn monster from your hand to negate the effect of that spell card and destroy it.

Great Whale of Snowhorn
    Fish / Effect
    6 Star / Water
    2500 Atk / 2200 Def

If you control a Snowhorn monster, you can normal summon this card without any tribute. If your opponent plays a spell card or special summons a monster, this card can attack your opponent directly until the end of your next turn.

Frozen Flame of Snowhorn
    Pyro / Effect
    1 Star / Water
    0 Atk / 0 Def

When a spell card is activated and you have no spell card in your graveyard, you may send this card from your hand to your graveyard to negate the effect of the spell card and deal 1000 damage to your opponent's life points.

Snowhorn Spider
    Insect / Effect
    6 Star / Water
    2500 Atk / 1400 Def

You can normal summon this card without tribute if you have no spell card in your graveyard. You may discard 1 Snowhorn monster from your hand to destroy a special summoned monster on the field.

Snowhorn Trapper
    Warrior / Effect
    3 Star / Water
    700 Atk / 1400 Def

If your opponent special summons a monster and there is a Snowhorn monster on your side of the field, you may discard this card from your hand in order to lower the Atk of the special summoned monster to 0. The special summoned monster cannot be tributed or change battle position until the end of your next turn.

Snowhorn Trickster
    Fiend / Effect
    4 Star / Water
    1800 Atk / 1600 Def

When your opponent special summons a monster, you may choose a Snowhorn monster from your deck and add it to your hand.

Snowhorn Charger
    Thunder / Effect
    4 Star / Water
    1700 Atk / 1200 Def

When your opponent activates a spell card and there are no spell cards in your graveyard, destroy one card on the opponent's side of the field.

Snowhorn Newt
    Reptile / Effect
    2 Star / Water
    1300 Atk / 400 Def

When this card is flip summoned, look at your opponent's hand and discard a spell card from his or her hand. If there is a Snowhorn monster on your side of the field (excluding this card), flip this card facedown during your end phase.

Snowhorn Spell Cannon
    Machine / Effect
    4 Star / Water
    ? Atk / ? Def

The Atk and Def of this card is equal to the amount of spell cards in your opponent's graveyard x 400. If there are no spell cards in your graveyard, when this card battles with a special summoned monster, destroy the monster with this card's effect without applying damage calculation.

Ocean Tunneler of Snowhorn
    Sea-Serpent / Effect
    7 Star / Water
    2200 Atk / 2600 Def

If there are 4 cards in your graveyard and none of which are spell cards, you may normal summon or set summon this card without tributes. When your opponent plays a spell card or special summons a monster, your opponent must discard 1 card from his or her hand.

Frozen Seed of Snowhorn
    Continuous Trap

When your opponent special summons a monster, you may send a Snowhorn monster from your deck to the graveyard to search for a trap card and add it to your hand.

Blizzard Snowstorm
    Continuous Trap

When a Snowhorn monster is normal summoned, neither player can special summon monsters until the end of your next turn.

Tundra Traphole
    Normal Trap

-If there is a snowhorn monster in your graveyard and your opponent special summons a monster, remove that monster from play.
    -If there are no spell cards in your graveyard and your opponent plays a spell card, negate the effect of that spell card and destroy it.

Snowhorn Dragon
    Dragon / Effect
    8 Star / Water
    3000 Atk / 2600 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. This card can only be normal summoned using snowhorn monsters as tributes and there are no spell cards in your graveyard. Negate the effects of your opponent's spell cards and your opponent cannot special summon any monsters. If this card is targetted by a card effect, you can remove 3 snowhorn monsters from your graveyard from play to negate the effect of that card. Spell or trap cards cannot be activated in response to the summoning of this card.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Avarice: Daayyumm... I'm less inclined to agree with Frostweaver and say that this makes pure psychic broken- if anything, it jacks it up to a competitive level and also gives Overdrive Teleporter reason to be feared. However, this card is pretty evil in TeleDAD, giving the deck a free Dark World Dealings that doesn't cost them in-hand advantage and also making it even easier to summon the eponymous dragon. (Let's see... discard Malicious.... ooh! Three darks in the graveyard, I win!) And don't you dare say a thing about the level not being correct for Malicious-tuning, we've got Black Rose Dragon now as our resident level seven Synchro and that thing is NASTY. My advice? Don't let Avarice count for its own effect. That'll fix it up pretty good.

Avarice- so we have our new rival to psychic commander already being teleport friendly. Without dedicated psychic, it's still a discard one and draw one deal. If the other is psychic, 400 life points for 2 free cards is almost broken o_O;

I dunno' how you guys are reading that effect, but really...it quite clearly states that you discard one for every non-Tuner Psychic. That means if you synch with just Avarice, it's draw one in lieu with Nito Synchro, but if you add any other psychics on top of that you have to discard a card for every additional card you draw. That means your in-hand card count will never grow by more than one for Avarice; you just cycle through more cards. The only way to get two free cards out of it that I see is some kind of bizarre hybrid deck with Dark World. x.O

As for Tele-DaD, the only way they'd get anything out of that effect is when they summon Thought-Ruler, really. Remember that little clause that says you can only apply the effect if you're synchro summoning a Psychic type monster? Avarice and Malicious do not Thought-Ruler make, so unless a drastic change to the deck's level lineup suddenly emerges, Krebons is just plain better for it. And Black Rose is not a replacement for a free pick from Stardust Dragon, Red Dragon Archfiend, Collossal Fighter, and Thought-Ruler Archfiend. It's not. It's obscure tech that has gone from being ridiculously over-hyped to hitting the table once in a blue moon. On average, Tele-DaD summons two to three synchros a game. That's what it's built to do efficiently. Would you waste one of those precious synchro summons on a field wipe that eliminates any and all other field presence you have built up and doesn't do a single point of LP damage to your opponent? 'Cause I wouldn't, really. Besides, all psychics in Tele-DaD are tuners, so you'd never get more than a draw one. :\

Yes, for dedicated psychic it can be Graceful Charity on legs, but only for dedicated psychic. May include Avarice itself in the discards, though.

Loneliness- say it with me: LIMIT REVERSE. If emergency teleport isn't enough to get this thing out, you got limit reverse for some pretty darned sychron setup. Every limit reverse is immediately synchron, or at least a tuner out with a beatstick of your choice. The power of limit reverse here is insane.

True, I'll put a level limit on that summon and probably cut Loneliness down to 1-star to boot. Should help a little, right?

Terror- a bit too luck based... rather use this card slot for phantom of chaos.

True...revamp time for that. :x

Over Ego- now now, how does the stealing of Solemn Judgment work now? that's probably the best thing to steal and take over XD; Great synergy with paranoia that it's evil. Force them to set card then activate it here.

Wording probably doesn't fit it, but Over Ego's effects are both continuous (one lets you check the cards, the other lets you activate them) so it works the same way as activating a card on your own field except that there's an additional 1000-point price tag attached.

Virulent Mindscape- seeing how most 500 atk bonus field isn't used, paying LP to do it isn't too attractive. The burn is quite minor too.

Virulent Mindscape: So... Psychic Commander as a field spell, which also turns your psychic types into Giant Germ? Meh, I really don't see all that much appeal... unless this is really late in the game and you need those extra few hundred attack points on the board for your final push.

Most 500 Atk bonus fields provide the same service to both players and are liable to bite you and I do see a certain appeal in keeping Restlessness and Paranoia too big for the opponent to run over. Also, I personally find it appealing to do 1000+ damage every time I synchro summon (effect says, 'sent to the graveyard'; it doesn't specify being destroyed like Germ) and there's that little OTKO potential thing with Mind Master and Psychokinetic Charging Cell, but to each their own I guess. :x

Split Personality Disorder- and *even less* reason to use shifting mindscape... this is crazy search getting 1 card + 1500 LP for 2 card in field essence. Immediately Goyo Guardian too so it's really o_O;

So wait...just how do we get instant Goyo out of this when the card can only summon level 3 or lower and the two monsters have to be of different levels? The maximum combined level I can make of that is five, which is Magical Android. Also, paying a big chunk of life points when pretty much every monster you play is also tapping into your life points might come around to bite you faster than you know. Ehh...I'll bump it up to 2000 points costs, but that's about as far as I'll stretch it.

Loneliness: Okay, so this + Avarice = Instant Goyou Guardian? Okay, this thing is basically the Empath Fiend equivalent of running six copies of Emergency Teleport. And to make matters worse, that move earlier? You draw two cards for it. DRAW TWO. If it weren't for Avarice you'd be pretty much fine here, but with Avarice this thing is about as broken as you can get. Any questions?

Umm...yes, actually. Since when has Tuner + Tuner been a viable synchro combination, how does 3 + 2 make 6 and since when has 'draw two, discard one' resulted in an end sum of plus two cards? I spy with my little eye some math that would make Cirno proud. *shot for touhou reference*

Rejection: A big, resounding "Meh". I'd have gone with a coin toss, unless you're planning to play these alongside of Convulsion of Nature. The defense is pretty nice, but this monster is still weak sauce.

Ah, but ish still big enough to wall any lead monsters short of Ailus or Rai-Oh and an intimidation factor because there's still a decent chance of getting whatever bigger beater you send after it bounced back. Not a fun gamble for Synchros, I'd say. And yes, collecting information on the opponent and using it against them is kind of the the theme here, and info includes top-of-the-deck cards too. A coint toss would not include the theme so it's NG here. D:

Terror: Okay, this deck absolutely needs Curiosity to be any good, and this monster is almost too dependent- if it weren't for Sangan searching curiosity, this monster would be pretty fail. But then again, this thing actually keeps the stat boost, right? So there's that to consider. Not to mention that this thing is Crush fodder.

Yes, it does, but it really is too situational. Edit to come, along with a few others that should make a bit of difference for the poor thing.

Over Ego: Ah, the most powerful Empath Fiend makes its return! And it forms a lovely little triangle with Paranoia and Curiosity: "Oh, hey, nice Solemn you've got there. Mind if I set it?" Dang.... this thing's nice. Not to mention that nine stars makes this thing compatible with Overdrive Teleporter. Now if only we had a level twelve Synchro with a usable effect, poor Overdrive might see more play if only to summon that thing.

Teleporter compatibility still negotiable as the synchro materials still have to be empath fiends (meaning that the teleporter itself could be included if we use Psycho Tune), though the teleporter is decent aid in bringing them to the field, I'll give it that.

Empathic Recall: And with loneliness in the graveyard... this becomes Emergency Teleport copies seven, eight, and nine. 0.o

Shifting Mindscape: This card exists to search those all important copies of Curiosity before they turn into dead draws, and also to get Loneliness off the field before it can be owned. About the only flaw I see here is that you're burning through your life points really fast...

Isn't that what psychics in general are all about? XD

Storyteller of Night- Scherezade: so basically it's poke for 900, search a monster and soak up a hit. That's doing quite a lot with such an easily searched, crush card-friendly monster. :x

Fencer of the Night- Rochefort: Well, to begin with this thing is already a one-man gadget. It's a night monster itself, so it can't be destroyed by card effect, and it returns to your hand so you can't get rid of it by battle either. Just...yeah, second generation of Gadget decks is here. Three Rochefort, the Reinforcement and get cracking.

...you need to limit that recursion effect, seriously. It's just crying for a cost. xx Plus, I think this fellow needs a less buff body to boot.

Elegance of the Night- Durecht: Most balanced of this lot, really. Though given how exploitable all the others are, it still has brokenness by association.

Music of the Night- Erik: Yeah, totally off the charts. Practically free-to-summon, crush card viable, non-tribute/-synchro walling four-star tuner that...wait for it, blocks special summons to make it all that much harder to run over.

Just...totally overpowered.

Pageant of the Night: So basically, build huge card advantage for yourself and Molest Tele-Dad's graveyard as well as any splashed plaguespreaders that might be hanging about. Seriously, this needs a cap somewhere. The only thing that got to search even three cards was Ojamagic, and those were wimpy vanillas. D:

Snowhorn Sprite: the one-card answer to careless swings from big synchro or Heraklinos. Trying to pick your target with this is going to get costly, though, so fair enough.

Snowhorn Wolf: Ehh...it's grizzly-searchable and can break a special summon's back pretty badly, but even so...I think I'd be more comfortable with something that just gets rid of the darn thing. Seeing as how this reacts to all manner of discards and tributes, though, it might have a niche.

...you know, I find myself thinking something along the lines of your little bounce and Jar deck here now, especially since this is Salvage friendly. XD

Snowhorn Yeti Fighter: If you're looking for a big beater, you can't go wrong with this. Ailus-size attack, gets big enough to take on lesser special summons, and strips spells from the opponent's deck too. Given the explosive potential of spells, that effect alone would already make this worth considering.

Snowhorn Owl: Again, my thoughts stray to your Jar deck. Very nasty stun effect that slows Tele-DaD and pals down while freezing out gladiator tag-outs. (intentionality of the pun can be debated here)

Sage of Snowhorn: kind of a more restricted Magic Jammer on legs. It's passable size in both positions, so it has its uses, but I think I'd like it with 100 less Atk to make it Salvage and Sangan friendly.

Great Whale of Snowhorn: More muscle to drop down, though given how you're not special summoning you have to keep that other snowhorn monster in play first. It's big and has a nasty punishment effect, so it's worth the tribute too (woe be those who try to flip Scapegoat to block your attacks on your battle phase). I'd say maybe cut down the Atk a little to make it fair.

Frozen Flame of Snowhorn: no spells decks like this, certainly. I can also see it teched for some obscure DD build that likes to remove its spells from play.

Snowhorn Spider: Very, very strong lead for snowhorn decks. It's big enough to step on the normal summons and has an effect to wipe out anything bigger that comes its way. But really, I can see this being played just for the 'normal summon a 2500-atk beater for no cost' aspect. x.O

Snowhorn Trapper: Stardust Dragon is going to love you for this. Oh yes. It's also a very cruel response to untimely DaDs or Judgment Dragons.

Snowhorn Trickster: Another big beater that has some very dangerous synergy with your discard-from-hand snowhorns and even if you chose not to take one of those this is still your ticket to that next turn whale or spider.

Snowhorn Charger: pretty much a fear lock to keep your opponent from playing out their spells. Doesn't do much if your opponent runs through their search and draw before committing to the field, but it does naughty things to the standard Krebons + Malicious setup.

Snowhorn Newt: Peeking at the hand is always nice, as is ripping away important spells, but this thing looks more than just a little bit vulnerable. Then again, snowhorn would probably be trap-heavy anyway and might have the resources to protect it. :x

Snowhorn Spell Cannon: kind of a...very slow buildup. I'd probably avoid this, seeing as how Snowhorn has plenty of ways to punish special summons already.

Ocean Tunneler of Snowhorn: So wait...why is Ocean Tunneler harder to summon than Spider and Whale when both of those are stronger? The summoning requirement is also ridiculously specific with the current wording, as if you have even one card above four in your graveyard then it's a no-go. This can also play right into the old tele-DaD setup rather than hindering it. Just Emergency Teleport for your Krebons for your chance to earn a free Malicious discard and get the summon rolling. Set some cards so the discard can't bite you then proceed to run this painstakingly summoned creature over with a synchro of your choice.

Just...pass on this one. I'll stick to Spider and Whale.

Frozen Seed of Snowhorn: Soo...just what are we searching for our trap card? Deck, Graveyard, or RFGs? Anyway, does Royal Oppression ruling apply to this too? As in, can we flip this on a special summon to fetch our trap of choice before the opponent sees this coming? If so, then it's pretty much instant threes for Snowhorn. Especially as we can discard Wolf for the effect and cripple that special summoned monster too while we're at it.

Blizzard Snowstorm: I can't help thinking that the name sounds a bit tautological. That aside, this is as good as a total special summon lock as long as you keep those normal summons coming, which lets the bulky snowhorns run over their frailer opposition very quickly. Too bad about the dissonance between this and Frozen Seed.

Tundra Traphole: Is it just me or this missing a 'Select and activate one of the following effects'? You may want to add one.

That being said, those two effects pretty much sum up what Snowhorn is all about. I can see the first providing a lot of fun in combination with Great Whale and Frozen Seed too, seeing as how the summon itself still occurs. :x

Snowhorn Dragon: ...there is always a dragon, isn't there? XD It's like...Vanity's Ruler and one-sided Spell Canceller in one, really buff body. The summoning requirements are demanding, but the sheer power and size of this and certain other Snowhorns makes considering a no spells deck actually sort of viable.

Anywho, edits and stuff:

Empath Fiend - Avarice
    Psychic/Tuner/Effect
    3 Star/Dark
    1200 Atk / 1100 Def

If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a Psychic Type Monster, you can pay 400 Life Points to draw a card for each Psychic Type Monster used in that Synchro Summon, then discard a card from your Hand for every card you drew.

Empath Fiend - Loneliness
    Psychic/Tuner/Effect
    1 Star/Water
    800 Atk / 1250 Def

During your Standby Phase, if this card is the only Monster you control, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon one Level 3 or lower "Empath Fiend" Monster from your Deck.

Empath Fiend - Terror
    Psychic/Effect
    1 Star/Dark
    0 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, you can pay Life Points in multiples of 300 (maximum 900) to reveal a card from the top of your opponent's Deck for every 300 Life Points you paid then put them back in the same order. If there are any Monster Cards revealed by this effect, select one of them and the Attribute, Level, Atk, and Def of this card are treated as those of the selected card for as long as this card remains on the Field.

Split-Personality Disorder
    Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when an "Empath Fiend" Monster you control is destroyed. Pay 2000 Life Points to Special Summon two differently leveled Level 3 or lower "Empath Fiend" Monsters from your Deck.

Anyways, some more bits and pieces. Only a few, 'cause I reviewed so many. :x

Empath Fiend - Apathy
    Psychic/Effect
    4 Star/Earth
    800 Atk / 2200 Def

At the beginning of a Battle Phase, you can pay 500 Life Points. If you do, your opponent can not activate any card effects until the end of the Battle Phase.

Empath Fiend - Inferiority
    Psychic/Effect
    1 Star/Water
    200 Atk / 100 Def

When this card Battles with a Monster your opponent controls, you can pay 900 Life Points to make the Atk and Def of that Monster 100 for Damage Calculation only.

Empath Fiend - Neurocomplex
    Psychic/Synchro/Effect
    7 Star/Dark
    2400 Atk / 2300 Def

Any Psychic Type Tuner Monster + Any non-Tuner "Empath Fiend" Monster(s)

This card can use the Effect(s) of all "Empath Fiend" Monsters used to Synchro Summon it. When this card is destroyed, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon one of the "Empath Fiend" Monsters used to Synchro Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Suggestion
    Normal Spell

Declare a Monster Level then pay Life Points equal to the Level you declared x 100 points. Your opponent selects one Monster card from their Deck with the same Level as the one you declared then shuffles their Deck and places the selected Monster Card at the top.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • I dunno' how you guys are reading that effect, but really...it quite clearly states that you discard one for every non-Tuner Psychic. That means if you synch with just Avarice, it's draw one in lieu with Nito Synchro, but if you add any other psychics on top of that you have to discard a card for every additional card you draw. That means your in-hand card count will never grow by more than one for Avarice; you just cycle through more cards. The only way to get two free cards out of it that I see is some kind of bizarre hybrid deck with Dark World. x.O

Oh. For some reason, I thought it was draw one discard one for every psychic. >.o

As for Tele-DaD, the only way they'd get anything out of that effect is when they summon Thought-Ruler, really. Remember that little clause that says you can only apply the effect if you're synchro summoning a Psychic type monster? Avarice and Malicious do not Thought-Ruler make, so unless a drastic change to the deck's level lineup suddenly emerges, Krebons is just plain better for it. And Black Rose is not a replacement for a free pick from Stardust Dragon, Red Dragon Archfiend, Collossal Fighter, and Thought-Ruler Archfiend. It's not. It's obscure tech that has gone from being ridiculously over-hyped to hitting the table once in a blue moon. On average, Tele-DaD summons two to three synchros a game. That's what it's built to do efficiently. Would you waste one of those precious synchro summons on a field wipe that eliminates any and all other field presence you have built up and doesn't do a single point of LP damage to your opponent? 'Cause I wouldn't, really. Besides, all psychics in Tele-DaD are tuners, so you'd never get more than a draw one. :\

I MISSED THAT?

Most 500 Atk bonus fields provide the same service to both players and are liable to bite you and I do see a certain appeal in keeping Restlessness and Paranoia too big for the opponent to run over. Also, I personally find it appealing to do 1000+ damage every time I synchro summon (effect says, 'sent to the graveyard'; it doesn't specify being destroyed like Germ) and there's that little OTKO potential thing with Mind Master and Psychokinetic Charging Cell, but to each their own I guess. :x

Indeed, I suppose. Still not running it. XD

Umm...yes, actually. Since when has Tuner + Tuner been a viable synchro combination, how does 3 + 2 make 6 and since when has 'draw two, discard one' resulted in an end sum of plus two cards? I spy with my little eye some math that would make Cirno proud. *shot for touhou reference*

Because children's card games are as easy as 1-2-9! *shot'ed*

Yeah, guess I saw "effect" and skipped over that. Still, combined with Fury this thing is an instant Goyou for the low, low cost of 800 life points.

Snowhorn Sprite: Well dang, that's about the biggest "Screw You" I've ever seen on a monster this small. Why not just rename this card "Synchro Hate"? Dark Armed and Judgment Dragon probably won't be smacking into this as often as your opponent's Stardust Dragon will be, so that's going to be fun. Not to mention the zombie hate I see here.

Snowhorn Wolf: And now we have a screw you card for DAD and Judgment Dragon. I like it that this thing basically turns any special summoned monster short of Judgment Dragon or Red Archfiend's Dragon into something small enough for Yeti to stomp. And we are running three Yeti, yes?

Snowhorn Yeti: Scratch that, not even those two monsters can handle being hit by a Wolf/Yeti combination with that Atk boost. That spell-tossing effect is pretty nasty all things considered when you think about how spells are the lifeblood of Tele-DAD. This monster hammers Wulf, every single Gladiator Beast short of a fusion, and anything smaller than itself- which is a lot. Awesome card. Can I has one, please?

Snowhorn Owl: Cold Wave on legs?

Sage of Snowhorn: Now for all your spell negating needs, Sage of Snowhorn! Turn that clog into spell negation, the lifes blood of any dedicated Snowhorn deck! Emergency Teleport driving you crazy? Screw over your opponent with this card!

Great Whale of Snowhorn: The only question is whether or not you remembered to set Raigeki Break to blast that special summon before it kills your monster. But the fact that this thing is essentially a giant beater that screws over Gladiator Beast like no other is nice.

Frozen Flame: Fair enough, and since Snowhorn isn't able to run spells it may as well be stacking in all these monsters.

Snowhorn Spider: Oh, so THAT's where my DAD/Judgment Dragon screw-over card went!

Trapper: Nope, scratch that, THIS card screws over DAD and Judgment Dragon. Those field-nuking effects are much less appealing when they're attached to a 0 Atk body.

Trickster: And if we need more Snowhorn monsters to fuel the effects of Spider or Sage or just wanted to add an extra copy or two of Frozen Flame or Trapper to the hand, we run this guy. How many deck types have we killed today?

Charger: ...This is starting to seem like less of a set and more of a contest to see just how many ways we can trash decks running spells or special-summoning cards. 0.o

Newt: Frosty must be a witch! He turned Trap Dusthoot into a slightly-weaker Newt! Alright, Monty Python jokes aside this card is actually pretty splashable in any deck running a good amount of trap protection, since I don't see spell card related limitations here. And it's Salvage friendly.

Spell Cannon: Yeti's buddy, since they've got quite a bit of synergy with Yeti dropping spells straight from the deck if the opponent isn't playing them. A bit slow of a power-up, though, since four spells translates to 1600 Atk... and sometimes four is all you need. More Gladiator Beast hate, anyone? Of course, this thing lacks in Stardust hate because since Stardust would technically be being destroyed by a card effect it could just tribute itself to nuke Spell Cannon and come back.

Ocean Tunneler: Really, I can't think of anything to say but "wimpy". This thing is like the Dark Horus of Snowhorn... potentially interesting effect, but it's so heavily nerfed that you don't want to give it deckspace.

Frozen Seed: As Trickster is to monsters, so this thing is to the other backbone of the Snowhorn deck- traps. The only question? Which trap are you searching for?

Blizzard Snowstorm: Owwwcchhh... nasty stun effect you've got there.

Tundra Traphole: Oh, so that's what Frozen Seed searches for. Nice little card there, and very... Snowhorn-y.

Snowhorn Dragon: And Snowhorn now has its own ace card. This thing is like... pure hatred for virtually every deck in the game running spell cards, let alone special summons. Which is.... well, all of them really. The only deck that this thing doesn't completely shut down is Little City, and even then it causes great pain. The tribute restriction isn't so bad when you consider the fact that anything your opponent was trying to use to kill your Snowhorns can probably be dealt with by either one of your traps or your other monster's effects.

Avarice: Okay, better.

Loneliness: It's still Emergency Teleport, but now it's no longer Goyou compatible instantly. Fair enough, I say.

Terror: Erm... I almost liked the other one better since Curiosity's effect let you know just when the best time to spring terror would be. Now I'm not sure what to say.

Split-Personality Disorder: Overdrive Teleporter as a situational Empath Fiend trap? Seeing as this card is a lot more situaional than Overdrive, I think 1000 LP would be a sufficient cost.

Apathy: Ancient Gear Empath Fiend with a side-order of pain, please? Paranoia and Fury think the little guy is cute, and Over Ego loves it when the opponent can't activate those set cards but he can.

Inferiority: This card has got to be the most amusing thing to kill your opponent with. If it weren't so tiny on its own, it would almost be broken.

Neurocomplex: Well now, here's a way to keep up Paranoia's suggestive powers along with Loneliness's Emergency Teleport capabilities and... well, add in any other level three Empathy Fiend you can think of and it's all good. Neurocomplex indeed. This thing is almost more fun than Over Ego.

Suggestion: Oh, wait. So that's how we're powering Terror? I see... always nice to know what's coming next, and it's an interesting way of screwing up what your opponent actually wants to draw.

As for the Night monsters... right, I think a revamp is in order. Well, here's an idea...

Storyteller of the Night, Scherezade
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/3*
    Atk 900/ Def 1500
    This monster can attack your opponent's life points directly. When this monster deals battle damage to your opponent's life points, you can negate that damage to select a "Night" monster from your deck and place it in your hand. When this monster is selected as an attack target of a monster with 1500 Atk or more, switch this monster to defense position before damage calculation. This monster cannot be tributed.

Swordsman of the Night, Rochefort
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
    Atk 1700/ Def 1500
    When this monster would be destroyed as a result of battle, you can place it on top of your deck instead. "Night" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects, except this monster. You can only control one "Swordsman of the Night, Rochefort" at a time. This monster cannot be tributed.

Elegance of the Night-Durecht
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
    Atk 1600/ Def 1300
    This monster can attack your opponent's life points directly. If you do, decrease this monster's Atk by 800 during damage calculation only. When this monster deals damage to your opponent's life points, you can send a spell card from your hand to the graveyard in order to special summon a "Night" monster in your graveyard to the field. This monster cannot be tributed.

Music of the Night-Erik
    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Tuner/2*
    Atk 900/ Def 1100
    This monster is not effected by card effects. When you control another "Night" monster, you can pay 1000 life points to special summon this monster from your hand. This monster cannot be tributed.

Angel of the Night- Phantom
    Monster/Dark/Fairy/Synchro/9*
    Atk 2500/ Def 2900
    "Music of the Night-Erik + Any number of Dark, non-tuner monsters"
    Your opponent cannot tribute monsters as long as you control this card.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, the idea with the new terror is that it plays into the information gathering thematic while simultaneously comboing with Rejection since you will know what's on top of the deck. And yes, Suggestion may have been made with that little dear in mind. XD

Anyways, no tribute is where the night monsters are at now, eh? Well, that certainly stops the crush card shenanigans. Let's have a look. :3

Storyteller of the Night, Scherezade: Self-protection is a bit less all-covering now, though it is still basically paying itself back whenever you summon it, always. Still, the other night monsters seem a bit less uber now, so fair enough I suppose.

Swordsman of the Night, Rochefort: Better. It returns to the top of the deck, so there's no CA to be gained from it. The 'one at a time' restriction is a bit needless. If you don't want it covered by its own effect even when there's two copies on the field then you can just go with ""Night" monsters you control other than
    "Swordsman of the Night, Rochefort" can not be targeted by card effects.".

Elegance of the Night-Durecht: turns any spell at your disposal into limited-target graveyard recursion. Fair enough now, I'd say.

Music of the Night-Erik: LP cost for summon helps. Now we will really only summon this for that instant synchro.

Angel of the Night- Phantom: And this would be what we're synchroing for? Ehh...mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, I love how it laughs out Stardust Dragon and turns Exiled Force and random Caius worthless, but on the other, you need to assemble seven stars in non-tuner monsters and that essentially translates to sacrifcing three monsters for the synchro. Hurr...decisions, decisions. :x

Anywho...one more empath. >x

Empath Fiend - Megalomania
    Psychic/Synchro/Effect
    8 Star/Fire
    1700 Atk / 2200 Def

Any Psychic Type Tuner Monster + Any Non-Tuner "Empath Fiend" Monster(s)

When this card is summoned successfully, you can pay any multiple of 100 Life Points (Maximum 1000) to increase the Atk of all face-up "Empath Fiend" Monsters you control by the amount you paid. When a Monster that gained Atk through this effect is destroyed, lose Life Points equal to the amount of Atk that Monster gained from this card's Effect.

And now...other stuffs for a change. :D

Last Word
    Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent activates the effect of a card that would destroy a card(s) you control with the effect of destroying a card(s) your opponent controls. Negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy all cards on the Field. This effect can not be chained to.

Vehement Denial
    Counter Trap

Negate the activation and effect of a card your opponent controls and place it face-down on his/her Field. After this card is activated, it becomes a Continuos Trap Card and remains face-up on your Field. While this card is face-up on the Field, cards with the same name as the card whose effect was negated by this card can not be Summoned, Flip Summoned or activated.

Hey, can't all be sets. XD

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Hmmm...

Megalomania: Well, the big problem I see here is that while you're turning Paranoia, Fury, and Restlessness (not to mention a buff Terror) into beatsticks of death with this effect... you also need to use SOMETHING as Synchro material. And since Empath Fiends are a requirement, you will need at least three to trade for this thing, so all you're probably gonna have is a 2700 point beatstick most likely. Resounding "meh", especially since the other two Empath Synchros are so much cooler.

Last Word: Unfortunately, it isn't. Was this intended to be Stardust Dragon bane? Because that would probably be the most common destroy-destroy chain, and Stardust Dragon tributes itself before its effect activates last I checked... meaning that when the chain resolves, you've just nuked everything and your opponent is getting a 2500 Atk beatstick during the end phase. Pass.

Vehement Denial: This thing is what Prohibition should have been. Very, very nasty card. XD

EDIT: Oops, forgot. New card, anyone?

Theatre of the Night
    Field Spell
    Increase the Atk of all "Night" monsters by 500. When a "Night" monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you can reduce all battle damage to 0 in order to remove that monster from play.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Avarice- hard to get to thought ruler at 3 using another psychic, but then new synchrons will always appear so not a problem

Loneliness- lol no more instant tuner like the ebil plaguespreader zombie XD; still not a bad way to pull out avarice and drop a lv 4 to get thought ruler out this way, cause then you get 3 trade-card going on if you need to. Far less abusable now though, to the point that we will need some newer cards to see what we can make out of this.

Terror- imho, terror is actually pretty frightening. We use plenty of high stat monsters these days especially against lightsworn which got relatively beefy non-synchrons with things like celestia, judgment dragon and wulf (not much "information" though since they're sent to the graveyard next turn anyway.) Gladiator and little city is also great stealing 1900 almost all the time. TeleDAD not too much though since the deck itself has all these diamond dude, malicious and krebons, and those are low stat monsters... so mixed bag depending on your opponent.

Split Personality Disorder- ouch LP cost, it's like mini dimension fusion. LP cost like that almost demands you to win games, making this difficult card to use... but it has its purposes.

Apathy- battle phase skill drain is always fun. Definitely stops Krebons well. Too bad it's lv 4 though so that hurts.

Inferiority- actually i think it's pretty darn strong capable of destroying anything in battle at 900 LP ><;;

Neurocomplex- it's a nice card but then too bad nothing traumatizing in effect yet for a synchron to be levels of thought ruler or anything. Still lv 7 psychic is nice for synchron and works well with empath fiend tuners. Ampathy and avarice are easiest but the combined effect sucks... so it's hard to work this out well.

Suggestion- also great for mind crush, don't forget that one. Force an dark arm up there and crush it may produce fun results. Same applies to judgment dragon if you see beckoning light gone already.

Scherezade- so now lumina and sangan and krebon kills it... i guess? no chipping of LP is a minor issue compare to its search ability still.

Rochefort- hm I doubt that you'll really want more than 1 Rochefort out at a time since its lock isn't that threatening anymore. You can still run it over now with 1800s like Stratos. Still not a bad card for the theme.

Durecht- still *great* way to break back Erik (not too sure by not effected by card effect means not able to be special summoned too) for some Goyos or instant search with Scherezade.

Erik- your lv 2 tuner, 1000 LP to jump out from hand and synchron immediately. Not too bad at all even fi it doesn't work with Durecht (but then youll be a bit low on the speed side against plaguespreader type of new tuners >_<)

Angel of the Night- we get some weird synchron level that makes it so hard, and problem is that we really don't tribute much anymore except celestia, occassional caius and crush card virus. Stopping 3 card but needing at least 3 monster isn't worth it... can stop stardust but that's about it for the higher level synchrons =/

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • DNA Infestation
    Continuous Trap
    Select 1 monster type. All monster cards in the Graveyard(s) and removed from play are the selected type.

Because I had a maniacal idea.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • DNA Infestation: I can only imagine what you plan to combo this with.... or wait, there's always Deathkaiser Dragon (or was that Doomkaiser?), the Zombie-type Synchro with the ability to rob zombies from the opposing player's graveyard. Except we've already got Zombie World to do that with? Meh.

Aliright, Angel buff time.

Angel of the Night, Phantom
    Monster/Dark/Fairy/Synchro/8*
    Atk 2500/ Def 2900
    "Music of the Night-Erik + Any number of Dark, non-tuner monsters"
    Your opponent cannot tribute monsters. This monster is not affected by the effects of trap cards.

Level eight, 2500 Atk Wildheart that's compatible with Malicious good enough?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Megalomaniac- ehhh costly for 1000 atk boost for all. Better swarm for the win in this turn or else it's subjected to very easy destruction. Can be difficult even with Emergency Teleport to help with swarming...

Last Word- one darn fun card to negate solemn judgment, and a few others (but solemn judgment is the most fun due to half LP cut too). Piece of cake if you can follow up to this too. Situational but fairly rewarding compare to how common we see places where we can use this.

Vehement Denial- eh don't really like it too much only stopping 1 card for so long, prohibition except we can counter the 1st one too.

Theater of the Night- interesting effect, removing is probably the way to go most of the time anyway to stop them from coming back. Just need some way to beef up attack power so we can run over synchrons and make sure that they don't come back ;p

Phantom- to your question, "yes" XD; decent attack power, relatively plausible requirement now although not clearly overpowering compare to other lv 8 synchron options. Not too bad, not too great, just the right place imho.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Hurr...true about Megalomania. Maybe cut it down to 6?

That aside, since comments have pretty much been covered already. Another old theme back for another go. :x

The Restless - Abandoned Bride
    Zombie/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    2000 Atk / 800 Def

If this card is the only Monster you control, destroy it and lose Life Points equal to its Atk. On the End Phase of a turn when this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect and sent to your Graveyard, if you have at least one other "Restless" Monster in your Graveyard, Special Summon this card and one other "Restless" Monster in your Graveyard to your opponent's Field.

The Restless - Burning Phantom

Zombie/Effect
    2 Star/Fire
    1000 Atk / 1000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when this card was sent to the Graveyard other than by being destroyed by Battle, Special Summon it from your Graveyard to your opponent's Field. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, inflict 1000 Damage to this card's controller.

The Restless - Disgraced Emperor
    Zombie/Effect
    8 Star/Light
    2600 Atk / 1500 Def

You can Normal Summon one additional "Restless" Monster each turn. On the End Phase of a turn when this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, it is Special Summoned from your Graveyard to your opponent's Field. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, destroy all cards on the controller's Field except for this card then inflict 400 Damage to this card's controller for each card destroyed this way.

The Restless - Mischievous Revenant
    Zombie/Effect
    2 Star/Light
    1400 Atk / 800 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when this card is sent to your Graveyard other than by being destroyed by Battle, Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card returns one random card from their Hand to the bottom of their Deck.

The Restless - Nameless Soldier
    Zombie/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    1900 Atk / 0 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when this card was destroyed by Battle and sent to your Graveyard, Special Summon this card from the Graveyard to your opponent's Field in Defense Position. If this card is destroyed after being Special Summoned from the Graveyard, its controller loses 1500 Life Points.

The Restless - Sorrow's Ghost
    Zombie/Effect
    3 Star/Water
    0 Atk / 1900 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when this card was destroyed and sent to your Graveyard, Special Summon this card to your opponent's Field in Attack Position. If this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it can not change its Battle Position and all Battle Damage to this card's controller from Battles involving this card is doubled.

Buried Alive
    Normal Spell

Both players send one Monster Card from their Hand to the Graveyard.

Merciful Release

Normal Spell

Destroy one "Restless" Monster on the Field. Draw two cards.

Spirit Chain

Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Restless" Monster your opponent controls. A Monster equipped with this card can not be offered as tribute or sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon and you determine its Battle Position. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of the equipped Monster being sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon that Monster to your opponet's Field. Then, you can discard the top card of your Deck to return this card to the top of your Deck.

Spirit's Unrest
    Continuous Spell

Once per turn, during the End Phase, you can select one "Restless" Monster that was sent to your Gravyeard this turn and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. When a Monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed, destroy this card.

Roaming Souls
    Continuous Trap

Each time a Monster is Special Summoned, Special Summon one Roaming Soul Token (Fairy-type/LIGHT/Level 1/0 Atk/0 Def) to your Field in Defense Position. Roaming Soul Token can not be offered as tribute, except for the tribute Summon of a LIGHT Monster.

More to come, but...yeah, basic idea remains intact. XD

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Abandoned Bride- pretty fun stuff bring back burn. Once it's special summoned, you just need to follow up with a trap to destroy the other monster and it'll blow up immediately for 2000. Since that's destruction by effect too, you can quite literally cycle this for 4000 damage or even more if you got a big enough hand.

Burning Phantom- really it's just a easier version to use but far from rewarding version fo the above... i'll stick with bride.

Disgraced Emperor- ironically best way is still to special summon it to your field when your field is empty if you *really* want to get this out... I probably will just past on this one due to being a tribute =( Black Rose is less of a hassle if we want field destruction that badly. Since these are light afterall, Honest is probably decent enough to keep yourself quite alive most of the time and I imagine this deck to be packing destruction cards anyway.

Mischievous Revenant- it's not bad, but this deck got potential to score more LP damage in explosive manner that this maybe a bit slow

Nameless Soldier- why we don't need Revenant since this is far more practical, still function as beatstick safely.

Sorrow's Ghost- infinite loop with asura priest for FTK? =/ Since it'll be "always" sent to your graveyard after it dies, you can really just as long as you somehow get this to the other side, and you got asura priest, you're business. That thing will keep coming back to your opponent's side time after time and asura priest can always attack...

Buried Alive- not sure how this helps the theme... ._.;

Merciful Release- great thematic draw cards. 2 cards back and you got a monster to the other side, faster gateway to lightning vortex or something of that nature now.

Spirit Chain- not bad at all for an equip, certainly a fun one to use with soldier or bride forcing it in defense.

Spirit's Unrest- again good card to get important monster back to the other side, just need to ensure that either you got the honest, or more defensive traps to back you up.

Roaming Souls- again more like outside the theme as it has better uses for fairies than this deck in some vain hope to get out venus/angel07 fast. too bad dark armed and judgment dragon is auto-wipe everything, but against the other lightsworns and malicious/krebon, it's a great walling tech at least (and this still works with plasma to help out with the scapegoats a bit)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Burning Phantom- really it's just a easier version to use but far from rewarding version fo the above... i'll stick with bride.

'Cept we could have bride cycle this then blow it up by effect and watch hilarity ensue as both detonate monsters return, creating a net sum of 4000 burn between themselves plus whatever extra fun was pulled up from there. Ehh...it was the first of the original restless monsters so it kind of had to make a reappearance. *card game sentimentality*

Sorrow's Ghost- infinite loop with asura priest for FTK? =/ Since it'll be "always" sent to your graveyard after it dies, you can really just as long as you somehow get this to the other side, and you got asura priest, you're business. That thing will keep coming back to your opponent's side time after time and asura priest can always attack...

Umm...all of these revive on the End Phase, you know, and that translates to Asura only getting one shot in a turn. But yeah, slight tweak in order all the same given how these guys have some big beaters on their side.

Buried Alive- not sure how this helps the theme... ._.;

Phantom and Revenant both revive from being sent to the graveyard by any card effect, even if it's not from the field. This also preps said graveyard for Bride and...well, I just felt like throwing this one in there, so no, it doesn't have any particular grand plan attached.

Roaming Souls- again more like outside the theme as it has better uses for fairies than this deck in some vain hope to get out venus/angel07 fast. too bad dark armed and judgment dragon is auto-wipe everything, but against the other lightsworns and malicious/krebon, it's a great walling tech at least (and this still works with plasma to help out with the scapegoats a bit)

Gee...impulse cards sticking out that badly, huh? XD

Anywho...

The Restless - Sorrow's Ghost
    Zombie/Effect
    3 Star/Water
    0 Atk / 2000 Def

On the End Phase of a turn when this card was destroyed by card effect and sent to your Graveyard, Special Summon this card to your opponent's Field in Attack Position. If this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it can not change its Battle Position and all Battle Damage to this card's controller from Battles involving this card is doubled.

And..what the heck, I'm digging up old stuff anyway so might as well go all the way with it. XD

Hallowed Life Boundary
    Field Spell

Whenever a player would lose Life Points, that player's opponent gains Life Points equal to the amount of Life Points that the player would have lost instead. All effects that would prevent a player from gaining Life Points are negated. When the difference between your and your opponent's Life Points is 20000 or more, the player with more Life Points wins the duel. When this card would be destroyed, you can send one card with an effect that increases Life Points to your Graveyard instead.

...fine, just a teaser for now. Stuff will be built on top, obviously. ;D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Or we could've just give the phantom a new effect :P

Buried Alive- yes in theory, but it's like saying how Gravekeeper Cannoneer is suppose to assist gravekeeper deck. Restless special summons to the other side and is very suicidal (hello free material for Goyo/Black Rose Dragon, and nothing worse than easier access to Stardust for this deck) if you aren't fast, and their best ability is to do insane burn damage or give you very easy access for large battle damage. Suddenly having a control card (hand disruption) is slowing yourself down. Dark World Dealings will do better digging out answers/weapons from your deck while your discard is essentially not a discard at all if you send restless monsters that activates effect even by "sending."

The way I see it, restless you win in 4 turns (and less) or you lose on the 5th. 3 Threatening Roars only get so far when you keep pumping monsters on the other side and you are hoping your protective trap works (praying to Jaden Yuki and Yugi Moto that your traps do not get solemned/wind blasted, or you having a solemn against their solemn, or your opponent has 3 malicious without destiny draw.) Control is nice, but not what the path of this deck seems to be going to.

Hallowed Life Boundary- in a world where the opponent will easily pay 2000 LP or more to activate a certain counter trap, I think that burning directly is easier XD; anyway, need to say that Hallowed Life Boundary doesn't stop its own life gain effect first of all. It's still really "eh" because gaining 20000 LP is a lot harder than hitting 8000 burn damage... especially since restless is suicidal too.

Small revamp of a few cards due to being overly splashable ^_^;

Snowhorn Yeti Fighter
    Beast Warrior / Effect
    4 Star / Water
    1900 Atk / 1800 Def

If there are any spell cards in your graveyard, destroy this monster. When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, your opponent choose a spell card from his or her deck and sends it to the graveyard. If this card battles a special summoned monster, increase the Atk of this card by 300.

Snowhorn Spider
    Insect / Effect
    6 Star / Water
    2400 Atk / 1400 Def

You can normal summon this card without tribute if you have no spell card in your graveyard. Once per turn, you may discard 1 Snowhorn monster from your hand to destroy a special summoned monster on the field. If you activated this effect, turn this card to defense position.

Snowhorn Trapper
    Warrior / Effect
    3 Star / Water
    700 Atk / 1400 Def

If there are no spell cards in your graveyard and no special summoned monsters on your side of the field, you can activate trap cards from your hand.

Ocean Tunneler of Snowhorn
    Sea-Serpent / Effect
    6 Star / Water
    2200 Atk / 2500 Def

If there are 4 cards in your graveyard and none of which are spell cards, you may tribute summon this card to your side of the field using one of your opponent's special summoned monster as tribute. When your opponent plays a spell card or special summons a monster, your opponent must discard 1 card from his or her hand.

And actual new stuff instead of pure comment + remake XD;

Dual of Snowhorn
    Psychic / Effect / Gemini
    4 Star / Water
    1700 Atk / 1000 Def
    [insert gemini text here]
    -Once per turn during your main phase, select a Snowhorn monster on your side of the field and pay life points equal to its star level x 100. That monster can attack your opponent twice until the end of your turn.

Snowhorn Gerania
    Plant / Effect
    2 Star / Water
    500 Atk / 500 Def

Remove from play this card and 1 other Snowhorn monster on your side of the field to take control of a special summoned monster on your opponent's side of the field until the end of your turn.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • The Restless- Abandoned Bride: Well, about time you revamped this theme. Since you're determining the battle position of the monster you bring back, I vote Nameless Soldier or Sorrow Ghost as prime picks for the revival, since you'll be getting a cheap shot anyway. I love how this set basically LOLs at Deathkaiser Dragon, this year's latest Zombie tech. Anyway, like Frosty said this card is basically burn-o-matic, dishing out upwards of 4000 in a turn if you pick your cards right. Burning Phantom is also a nice card since its low Atk all but gurantees a swing-over.

Burning Phantom: Since we've got Abandoned Bride to bring this back with if its own effect doesn't go off, the "not by battle" bit doesn't seem as hard to deal with. That and the fact that this thing gets to go off for tribute summons, Synchro summons or discards is just fine by me. ACC approves.

Disgraced Emperor: I'm really not sure this guy helps the set out any. Sure you get a field nuke when his effect goes off, but... really, Stardust Dragon just kind of takes the wind out of this guy's sails.

Mischevious Revenant: Well, this guy makes us just want to play Rageki Break and Phoenix Wing Wind Blast in threes more than we already do. Hand disruption in exchange for an easy-to-attack-over monster? Yesh please.

Nameless Soldier: Well, 1900 when you control it ain't too shabby, though finding a monster outside of Wulf, Jain, or boost Laquari that'll swing over this is going to be tough. Still, the big guy can always turn into a Bride target so that's nice. Not to mention the potential to help dish out 3500 in a turn is just NASTY.

Buried Alive: Support I suppose but.... yeah, more splashable than thematic, really.

Merciful Release: If Bride is on my field and I want it dead, this is how I kill it. If, on the other hand, my opponent has Bride... I kill the other Restless and laugh at them. The draw two? Just icing on the cake. This even makes Disgraced Emperor a more viable option, since we now know how to keep the opponent from keeping a 2600 point body on the field.

Spirit Chain: Okay, best. Restless. Equip. Period. This thing is getting the "run in threes" treatment for sure.

Spirit's Unrest: ...Well, how about dodging those no-battle restrictions, anyone? Or the opposite for Soldier? Nice card, makes reverse-swarming even nastier... though 'tis a pity that Merciful Release nukes this thing.

Wandering Spirit: Ja, is as the Frosty said: I'd rather be running this in Fatty Fairy than anywhere else.

Sorrow's Ghost: Shield Crush gets OWNED. The effect is still nice, just less splashable. Overall good card.

Hallowed Life Boundary: You know, there's an infinite LP loop deck lurking on the Janime forums somewhere where the central combo is basically getting one of a certain monster into the graveyard, another on the field, activating Rainbow Life, and then smashing them into bigger monsters in an infinite die/revive/die loop that would theoretically result in infinite LP. Why do I bring this up since battle damage is negated by this card, thereby destroying the loop? Well, mostly because this card is that deck's win condition now. And... that's it. Really kind of a "meh" card, in my humble opinion.

Yeti Fighter: Still kicking butt and taking names for Snowhorn, but nowhere else anymore. Nice fix.

Spider: Less of an instant destruction engine, and more of a one-shot method of dealing with big special summons. Also now unplayable outside of dedicated Snowhorn. Nice card.

Trapper: Say it with me: BROKEN. Three copies of Legacy of Yata-Garasu, three of Jar of Greed, three of Reckless Greed... Heck, you could summon this on your opening move and blow through half your deck in a turn. Contrary to popular belief, I can think of quite a few ways of keeping that spell count in the graveyard down- ways like Spell Striker, for instance, or just plain and simple Macro Cosmos. Broken draw ability FTW?

Ocean Tunneler of Snowhorn: Not quite the Dark Horus of Snowhorn anymore, but... meh, that four-card restriction is still getting on my nerves since Snowhorn likes its discards. Just say "at least four" and this thing will be fine and still retain its non-splashability. It's not quite as amazing as DAD, so it doesn't justify an exact graveyard count anyway especially considering that Snowhorn has limited ways to manage its graveyard.

Dual of Snowhorn: You do realize that this thing can pay for itself, right? Otherwise, I have to say that it's kind of off-theme.... though Great Whale attacking twice is pretty incredible.

Gerania: Until the end phase? Oh, come on, lame. If I'm giving up two-for-one, I don't wanna have to give it back during the end phase. This could stand a buff, especially since it can't be searched by Mother Grizzly if we don't wanna disturb the Snowhorn mechanic.

Anyway, my turn. And if we're all going back for old themes.... Fufufufu.

Dark Seraph
    Monster/Dark/Fairy/Effect/4*
    Atk 1600/ Def 1900
    When you control "Dark Sanctuary", switch this monster's original Atk and Def. When this monster is destroyed by a card effect, select a "Dark Seraph" monster from your deck other than "Dark Seraph" and send it to the graveyard.

Dark Seraph Lancer
    Atk 1700/ Def 1400
    This monster deals piercing damage. When this monster is sent to the graveyard by the effect of a Dark Seraph monster while you control "Dark Sanctuary", special summon it in face-up attack position during the end phase of your turn.

Dark Seraph Abidos
    Monster/Dark/Fairy/Effect/7*
    Atk 2400/ Def 2700
    This monster cannot be normal summoned. If this monster is sent to the graveyard by the effect of a "Dark Seraph" monster while you control "Dark Sanctuary", special summon this monster from your graveyard during your end phase. This monster is not affected by the effects of spell or trap cards.

Dark Seraph Miseres Deux
    Atk 1000/ Def 800
    When this monster is summoned, send a "Dark Seraph" monster from your deck to the graveyard. Negate the effects of a monster sent to the graveyard in this way unless "Dark Sanctuary" is on the field.

Dark Seraph Lucio
    Monster/Dark/Fairy/Effect/8*
    Atk 3000/ Def 1800
    This monster cannot be special summoned except by removing three differently named "Dark Seraph" monsters in your graveyard from play. This monster deals piercing damage. When this monster declares an attack, you can send a Dark-attribute monster from your deck to the graveyard.

Dark Sanctuary
    Field Spell
    When a "Dark Seraph" monster you control is destroyed, send a "Dark Seraph" monster from your deck to the graveyard. When this card is destroyed, add one "Dark Sanctuary: Advanced" from your deck to your hand.

Dark Sanctuary: Advanced
    Field Spell
    By tributing a Dark-attribute monster you control, destroy a monster on the field with an equal or lower level. If you tribute a "Dark Seraph" monster, select a Dark-attribute monster from your deck with an equal or lower level and add it to your hand. This card is treated as "Dark Sanctuary" while it is on the field.

Well, now, broken or not?

Back