• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You think the Hearth Gold and Soul Silver game is hard?

addam19

Story Maker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    You think the Heart Gold and Soul Silver game is hard? (i have winned the game in 1 month)
    Sorry about my English

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The game is only as hard as you make it. I can't say it depends on which Pokémon are on your team because any Pokémon can work just as well as the next in an in-game team. However, depending on how one trains their team and how strong they build it to be near the end can really vary the difficulty of either HeartGold and SoulSilver. As for myself, I never find any of the games too hard, neither HG/SS simply because I have the habit of overtraining my Pokémon. Though, I'm sure many can say differently.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Not for me.
    I mean the only trouble that game gave me is Whitney. xD

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
    Not at all. I found them very easy, but still enjoyable. Usually easy games aren't very good, but HG/SS are exceptions. The hardest part was probably Lance's Gyarados the second time I went into the E4...

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    nah it was easy i beat it with weak pokemon and whintey was the only problem

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Pretty easy considering that I can read katakana and hiragana.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Heart Gold*

And, I'd say once you've beat all 16 gym's and you re-match the E4 with their teams 58 - 75 their difficult, and I found red extremelty diffiucult untill I finally defeated him, so yeah at points it can be difficult but I've finished it, just training and setting up a main team now.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    The main game itself isn't a problem at all. Infact, they nerfed some of the gym leaders quite a bit.
    The only real Problem I had was Red.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'd argue the games have been getting easier since GSC. :| They're directed at what.. 10 year olds, not 14-18. </3
    I want puzzles that don't take under 12 seconds to solve. ;-;

MisterBat

YEY
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    They're just as difficult as the rest of the pokemon games: only challenging if you make it that way.

Easy if you get a good variety of pokemon, hard if you get all pokemon of the same type.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    That's the main point isn't it?
    It's frustrating but at the end it's so much more enjoyable with a harder game to beat.
    But for me I've got the tendency to over-train all my Pokemons, so I doubt it'll be hard with higher levelled ones.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    It's not that difficult, but it depends how much time you want to spend on it.
    Some people are very overleveled because they take time to train, other people just want to beat the game, and tend to have a harder time, cause of lower level pokemon.
    The idea of pokemon games has also changed in the years I think, people who started playing pokemon Red/Blue/... are now much older, and still play, still enjoying the playthrough, but also looking for more.
    Best movesets/challenges, and make the game harder for themselves.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    For me it isn't that hard ... there were some moments that i repeated since it just didn't work out well ... but when i got use to it the game started to be easy.
    If u can choose a good team you're unbeatable. The game is actually very interesting and i find it quite good :]
    But this Japanese - oh man! I don't get a THING ... but anyway i name my pokemon with Japanese letters xD

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
    Hard? I doubt it. Depends on either person's skill on games. For me, it's so-so. Beating Red is not exactly easy.

What I find it easy at is... being very addictive. Yeah, the original ones were cool, and the remakes, with even more extras, how can this game not be addictive?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    i have not played it yet but i will as soon as it comes out but i have a habit of over training right now im playing platinum im just beat the 3rd badge and most of my team is on like 40 and one is on 45

Back