• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

you were born this way, baby

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    No. I embrace all of my characteristics and use them to my advantage, instead of complaining and being down about them.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    We all want our dream lives to be a reality. But we never try. But yes, I want to change many things about myself, but I never try, even if I want to try.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It depends on what I want to change about myself. If it's a bad habit or something, I'll try to change myself. But if it's something that's just well.. ME, then I won't. I want people to like me for who I am. And it doesn't even work out most of the time; it's like pretending to be someone else.

Years
    Well I used to want to change bits about myself, but most of the reasons were external. Like for example I used to always want to get get a nose job because other kids used to say I looked Jewish because I had a larger than average nose racist much? but really now that I've grown out of childish name calling like that I've seen that it's not really that big and that I would miss it if i got rid of it as its one of the few things I've inherited from my mothers side of the family.
    As for internal things I've just learnt to live with them, I wouldn't want to be perfect because then it'd make me feel above everyone else. Everyone has flaws and i think it'd be wrong if I removed all of mine and left everyone else with theirs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Do you try to change things about yourself which you don't like, or do you accept them and move on with life? Yes I do.

Why?
    If I don't like something about me, then the best solution is to change it. Because I know that if I changed it, then it would make me a lot happier knowing that I am closer to who I want to be. People view change as such a negative thing in so many cases, when it really isn't. If YOU want the chalnge, and it'd make YOU happier, then you should try to change. People won't understand when you try to change or anything, but that's because you'll be different, and people fear change and they fear the unknown. That's just how it is on this planet. But if you want to change something physically, that's fine, but just think about it in the long run. If you aren't changing naturally, then 1) it's going to be expensive 2) life long scars 3)lots of healing time(in some cases) 4) future problems could arise. You have to consider the whole situation to be able to justly decide if you want change. Like, my belly button is an outie, I don't lie it. At all. So, when I get a job and get the money, I'm going to get surgery to change it. The only thing I'm worried about, though, is that I will like it less than I do now. But... I don't like my outie much at all, so I am going to change it. Another thing is the dent in my chest, my sternum goes in. I would fix that, but there isn't much I can do at this age. Bones too ossified(longer heal times/longer time with bar in chest), not enough money etcetc. So for that reason, I can't, and as much as I want to change it, again, I can't. That is something that I will have to make the best out of and try to find the advantages of(body shots anyone ;]?). But there are somethings that people only try to change to fit in with what the media calls "attractive" or they attempt to get a figure that no normal human being has naturally(diet pills, photoshop, editing blahblah) and they end up having negative effects to their physical and emotional health. Change is good, and very welcomed, imo, but if it is starting to destroy who you are already, then maybe that isn't a change you need to make. && Change can be negative too. You could change for the worse. Something could happen(mom dies) and that could completely wreck who you are. I know someone who stayed in their house for basically a whole year because of that. Was it good for their health? No. Not mental or physical. But when they were finally able to change back to normal, they started being a lot happier again. Change is good, if you truly truly want it, but it is bad, if you are pressured into it.

Back