• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [IC] [T] [Best Rookie 1Q '13]

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister waved at the younger student as she left the cafeteria, finishing his own meal soon after he looked at Yorick who was sitting nearby
"We should probably keep an eye on her, but I figure that it would be strange to follow her around all the time. She's right about how weird it is we're getting along so well though, I hate most people but you guys are fairly decent."

Allister continued to sit with the werewolf as he ate, considering what he should do next - it had been a long day and his body felt tired, his mind though was still working at a ridiculous pace, considering all the strange happenings of the last few days.
"Well, we still have plenty of time to do something interesting before the teachers get..." he was going to use a different word but wanting to spare Yorick the search through his dictionary chose "irritable and force us to go back to the dorms. Normally I'd just head back early and read, but perhaps you have an idea of something fun to do?"
Why not, I'm already acting completely out of character.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Yorick Amherst Lee - Cafeteria

It seemed strange that Cheryll separated her family and non-family members, but he was glad to know for sure which definition she meant; in this case the first one. Although he found it odd that she would say that she felt "attached" to them. Yorick did not feel anything connecting them all, considering the fact that they could each move around freely and unrestricted. What Allister said was also odd; "We should probably keep an eye on her". Yorick didn't believe that placing an eye onto Cheryll would accomplish anything. He then suggested that they do something fun. At least this time "fun" was a word he knew.

"I would have liked to ask that girl from earlier some questions, but I suppose that would not be considered 'fun', so maybe we could go hunting in the forest. Hunting is fun, correct?" Yorick remembered the last time he tried to enter the forest at night, but when he went earlier he managed to avoid that strange feeling. By going there with Allister, he could prove whether or not it was the fact that he was with company that prevented him from feeling like that. Also, he would be able to see what kinds of animals lived there. Maybe some rabbits, some deer, and maybe even elk! He finished his plate of food, but was not yet completely sated since the thought of being able to eat elk excited him. If there was any though, maybe he could go even further. "Allister, are there any places in the academy where one might be able to cook?"​

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Nurse - Infirmary--> Classroom 13

------------------------------------------------------------------

As she patched up the boys wounds, The Nurse knew there was something else wrong with this boy, who Christian brought to the infirmary, and that the physical condition of his body on the outside was just a distraction from what was on the inside. His wounds were serious but they shouldn't have been bad enough to shut his consciousness down and put his body in such a dormant state.

After X-raying his body, she found... something inside of the boy.

The Nurse had urgent news for Higoroshi-sensei. One of his students was inflicted with something terrible. This would definitely put a strain on his body over the next few days and he needed to be cured of it as soon as possible before it took it's toll and had a permanent effect. Before leaving her office to inform the teacher, she hurriedly threw a herbal book into a bag and grabbed a paper with a diagnosis of Kakusu's condition.

Afterwards, she dashed down to where she assumed Higoroshi would be, Classroom 13, and found him just outside of his classroom down the hall. She gathered her composure and walked up to him before showing him a paper of what she diagnosed him with: A Parasite.

"Higoroshi-ossan," she said impatiently, "That boy of yours, Kakusu is infected with a certain parasite that is thriving off of some of his Energy. He'll probably think he'll be fine seeing as we'll discharge him tomorrow but to be frank... he'll probably die in a few weeks if he doesn't get cured."

She handed him the large herbology book with a bookmark sticking out. She had brought with her and knew he would understand when he saw the inside, what the cure was.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sorae

"That alone is impressive. So what if you didn't get to go in there and smack the guy with your fist. What you did no doubt helped and you seem to be overlooking that. You're kind has always used summoning as their way of offence and defense and it is a great power! I just transform into a big, rather scary looking beast." She grinned at this, cocking her head to side. "By all means practice archery or kick boxing or anything you want! But you are still Volt to me, the guy who won a race against a werewolf on his first night and my friend. Never under estimate yourself."

"Maybe you're overestimating me." Volt then laughed. "Nah, 'my kind' has always been like this. And to me it used to be honorable. I guess it still should be, but... its lost... its sense of awesome. I always figured that being able to summon tigers and monkeys and poison dart frogs was cool, but what's the point of going to battle if you're going to have others fight for you?" He sighed.

"Look... you can call me Volt, and I'll answer. I'm still the same person; but what I'm going through right now is just my problem, on my shoulders. It isn't for you to handle; it's a quest to prove myself, in a way." He now smeared his trademark grin across his face. "But I swear to you, I will. I'm going to prove I can use that name. I'm going to make sure that somehow, someway, I can use the title I bestowed myself with." He looked up. It was getting dark.

"You should go back to the dorms now. Don't wanna be caught sneaking around after light's out, do we? I'll be here if you need me." With that, he continued to drink his cup o' tea.​

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister wondered what the cause of the of Yorick's signature look of confusion was but before he could ask the werewolf was answering his earlier questions. Allister wasn't sure what kind of questions he intended to ask the girl who had been targeting Cheryll, but he wouldn't have minded having a word with her himself... still it wasn't the right place or time for something like that.
"As much as I'd like to have a little chat with her myself I figure that now is probably not the best time, and no it probably wouldn't be a fun conversation".

Allister then considered the proposal of hunting; he hated the idea of hunting for sport - it was a prime example of the superiority complex of most people - but Yorick then began to talk about cooking.
"Well, I honestly hate the idea of hunting for sport, but since you seem to plan on cooking and eating whatever you find I have no problems going along... as for cooking I'm not sure, the school probably as a home economics classroom somewhere and if not the cafeteria staff would probably let you use their facilities".
Hunting with a werewolf? Well that's certainly different.

Allister almost laughed at the thought of going hunting, especially after remembering the numerous anti-hunting tirades he had launched at various family members.
"Well, let's go then... just remember I can't run nearly as fast as you."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki
Chapter 2: today is the day.
Infirmary.

Takumi said he was starving, enough reason for Nami to pull him on his feet so that they could go to the cafetaria, but he somehow refused to do so. Takumi said that Nami had to rest a little longer due to the damage she had received in the battle against Oz. Nami started giggling and holded a hand forward her mouth. "Nami is ready to leave already." The nurse came to butt in. "She is a Vampire, Youkai's heal faster than humans." The nurse said as she smiled at Takumi. "Don't worry, I won't spill your secret. I, as a nurse, have to know the specie of every student." The nurse casually walked away and entered the room next to this one.

"Uhmm... what she said." Nami added with an awkward smile. "Let's go, you are starving, I am thirsty so... let's eat~" Nami said with a smile that turned from awkward to gentle. "Unless you want me to drink your blood." Nami giggled but... she actually wished she hadn't said that, would it scare him? He does know it was just a joke, right?

"A-Anyways... l-let's go." Nami tried pulling Takumi along but her thoughts started to go blurry again. So this is what happens when she doesn't drink enough blood? When was the last time she drank blood anyway, yesterday? No no wait... she drank some this morning, but it probably wasn't enough to survive the day since she trew most of it away because of the terrible after taste. More reasons to hurry to the cafetaria before she pressed her fangs in Takumi's neck again.

Ryuu Higoroshi
Chapter 2: 3C's Homeroom teacher
Classroom 13

As Ryuu sat down behind his desk after some students left and Yuna left as well, the nurse dashed inside the classroom with a piece of paper in her hand. He actually expected that something was really wrong with the Vampire girl since she was the only one who hadn't left the infirmary yet, but it was beyond his expectations. The nurse declared that Kakasu, The Youko boy, had a terribly dangerous parasite inside him. Ryuu didn't think there could be any worser news until the nurse told him that if Kakasu didn't recover from the parasite, it could kill him within a few days. "I understand..."

Ryuu started thinking. He did know how to make potions and such... but was he able to make one that would kill the parasite within Kakasu without harming him? "Sir, I know making potions is not your job... but this parasite is very aggresive and I have no herbs to make this potions, not to forget that I don't have the knowledge for it." This was something very strange for a nurse to say. Even though she was right. The nurse wasn't skilled if it came to potions for parasites, this was because it was not usual for students to become a host for one.

"I'll make it, don't worry, get back to him as soon as possible and sooth his pain." Ryuu said. The nurse nodded and turned around but Ryuu stopped her by asking one last question. "How is the Vampire girl doing?" He asked. "She is doing very well, right now she's being kept in the infirmary by a boy who seems to be her boyfriend." The nurse giggled a little. "He's not her boyfriend... I think." Ryuu was a little suprised. So... Nami attacks other students, nearly killed one... but she protects the person who should've been turned into her meal by now? Miracles hadn't left the world yet. "I'll be going back then." The nurse left the classroom and made her way back to her workplace. Ryuu was smiling rather awkwardly, seems like he had underestimated some of his students.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko- Sports Field

Milly almost laughed as Volt suggested she didn't want to be caught out in the dark, lolling her head back across her shoulders as the chuckle reverberated in her chest. "A werewolf worried about being caught in the dark?" she laughed again then stood. "It's kinda my thing really. What are rules therefore, other than to bend? Besides it's nowhere near lights out just yet." Here she checked her phone, just to be sure, before pocketing it again and shrugging. She could take a hint.

He wanted to be alone in his camping trip. Of course he did. What was more manly than camping? A BBQ? Shrugging the girl smiled then dug into her back, scrawling her number onto a piece of scarp paper she had found in her bag.

"Just in case you decide differently, or you find something. As like I said, you couldn't ask for a better ally at night than a werewolf." She bent down and placed the slip under some Volt's camping trip to make sure it wasn't going to blow away before straightening and walking away.

Milly didn't like it, but she knew that the boy was best left alone to his own devices; nothing she could say or do would change that. Heart heavy with defeat, she traipsed back through shadows, pulling her headphones out of her bag and putting them on. There bright candy pink sheen almost glowing in the gloom as she hit play on her ipod.

Trespassing By Adam Lambert kicked into being as she walked, making her almost grin as the drum beat sounded, her feet falling into sync with each beat. It wasn't before long that she found herself singing along to the tune, thinking that the night had left the grounds deserted.

When passing the gym however, Milly slowed her pace and wandered over to the windows, a cold pit of guilt forming in her stomach as she recalled her abandonment of Chris just a little while before. Part of her hoped the boy was still there, stood at the punch bag practising but when she found the lights off and the spot empty, Milly gave a very long and heavy sigh.

"I kinda blew it there I think." She muttered this to herself sadly, shaking her head a little as her shoulders slumped down. She hadn't even asked what class the guy had been in, or even got his number. Kicking the wall with her trainer, she turned, a sullen pout set firmly across her features to look at the track, pressing her back against the brick wall. The field was cast in deep shadows of grey and black. The track itself standing out beautifully, the white track marks shining in light undertones in the night.

As the next track began to boom out of her headphones, Milly shrugged and pulled her headphones back up onto her head, allowing the new drum beat of Here's to never growing up by Avril Lavigne to take over, once again beginning to sing along loudly and doing a skippy, walk dance as she began to head back to the dorms, almost completely missing the fact that Chris was in fact lay not too far from the track.

It was mid-skip and a rather loud "Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs!" recite that Milly spotted the form which lay on the ground, the shape reminding her of Chris and making her almost trip over herself as she froze.

Turning her music down, Milly stepped onto the field, walking quietly across the turf until she was close enough to talk. The boy seemed zoned out though, staring up at the sky which had begun to glitter with tiny pin pricks of precise light.

Wiggling her nose to the side a little as the girl smile, she decided on her plan of action. She would not just simply announce her arrival. Instead, she chose to sneak up, turning her music off completely now and moving forward in almost complete silence, before reaching the top of the guy's head. Here she leaned over on her tip toes, a large grin pressing against her lips as she put her face in the boy's direct line of sight, her hands holding her hair back as to not make it fall over her shoulders.

"Hey Chris! Fancy meeting you here…again"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Christian Davidson - Track

As the stars slowly came into view, one by one, Chris lost himself amongst the cosmos. He let everything go that was on the earth, allowing himself to calm down. This was one of the best ways he knew to relax, especially since he wasn't focused enough to keep on with his training. As the next song was playing (In My Room by ICP), a familiar shape suddenly appeared in his line of sight. He brought his focus in closer as that also-familiar voice broke through the iPod.

"Hey Chris! Fancy meeting you here…again"

Chris showed a large grin as he hit the pause button on the iPod. He slowly sat up and turned to Milly, who seemed to be in a lot better mood. As he pulled out his earbuds and put them away, he felt himself getting flustered again. She seemed more beautiful to him now than before. "I wonder why that is," he thought to himself, as he pulled in his legs to sit indian style on the towel he had layed out.

"Hi, Milly," he began, "I didn't think I'd see you again so soon. Is everything ok?"

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko

Milly grinned and nodded, stepping back a little to allow Chris to sit up. He seemed cheery now which was a vast improvement from the tears before, both in being less awkward for her as she never knew what to do in the situations and the fact that Chris had an amazing smile going on.

When he questioned her early reappearance, Milly hung her head slightly nodding as she listened. "Yeah sorry about that, I didn't mean to run out on you so quickly but my friend, the guy who burst in, he's in my class, just had some personal issues. I wanted to help but I think I was as much help as chocolate fireguard in that situation." She shrugged at this; not wanting to give away too much information about the ordeal happening in Volt's life, then eyed her friend curiously.

"So are you staying out late or something? I thought you would have packed up and gone back to dorms by now?"

As she asked the question, Milly grinned and sat down, again carefully easing herself into the position. She may be cheery but still felt like crap, her muscles reminding her of this with every slight movement. Her stomach and head weren't much better either, but she tried to ignore it, plastering a smile across her face. Thankfully, Chris did not seem to too angry with her from just dropping out on him, but when duty as a friend calls one must always answer. What else were packs for? Regardless though she was glad that she had such an early opportunity to apologise and explain.

Yet as she sat, ever more becoming aware of the night sweeping in around her, she wished more than ever that Kieran, on invading her room had thought to pack her green hoodie. As warm as the day had been before, the chill of the evening was getting to her.

With this in mind, though the small werewolf girl wanted to stay and chat for a while decided it would be best if the chat was kept short, her bed back in the girl's dorm calling to her, even from this distance.

siiadams

Years

"Well, I hope he'll be ok," he stated shortly as Milly sat down next to him. "As for why I'm out here," he continued, "I just couldn't concentrate on the bag anymore, so I decided to take a break. I came out here to simply look up at the stars. It helps relax me some." Chris turned to look at her again, smiling. "Besides," he said quietly, "I had a feeling that you'd come back. At least, I hoped you would."

As they sat outside, a chill could be felt in the air. With the exertion he performed earlier, he wasn't that cold. However, as he looked at her, Milly seemed a little chilly. Too bad he had nothing to offer her to keep warm...or did he? "Its now or never," he thought, "Just do it and hope for the best."

Chris looked her over a bit before asking, "Are you cold? Would...would it be ok to..." he sighed a little, "...to put my arm around you? That way, you don't have to leave so quickly." He felt butterflies in his stomach as he asked the question, and those butterflies were churning a lot faster while waiting for her response.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Satomi Akiyama
bTyv1AR.png
∣ Form:
Nwd7R9U.png
Girl's Bathroom

Chapter One: Part Eight
New School, New Problems

"Cheryl-san... Hajimemashte." She bent forward to politely bow, though looked a bit flustered when she arose. "Uh--... If you don't mind me asking... What is your family name? It's usually more polite to call people you don't know well by their family name." She nearly flustered again, quickly bowing again. "Sumimasen deshta! My name is Akiyama Satomi, you may call me Satomi if it pleases you." She let out a flustered whimper, shaking her head as her hand covered part of her face. "I'm not usually so informal, I'm sorry, it's just everything happening like this..."

She let out another whimper, sighing in defeat. "My thoughts are scattered, my parents and my old sensei would be ashamed." She pitied herself for the moment, before starting to look normal again. "I think I'm okay now... Arigatou Gozaimasu, I really needed this." She headed for the door, adding in, "It was a pleasure meeting you, I hope we meet again soon."

She left the restroom, returning shortly to her classroom. To her surprise, a new young man was there, sitting in the teacher's desk. Was he the teacher? He seemed pretty young for a teacher, at least compared to the teachers she remembered from her past. Before opening the door, she checked the sheet of paper that shows the class details. "Higoroshi, Ryuu..." She opened the door, quietly entering, heading straight to the teacher's desk, and bowing. "Hajimemashte, Higoroshi-sensei. Watashi no namae wa Akiyama Satomi desu."

Satomi quickly scurried over to the front-most desk to the far left of the room, where she had sat earlier.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau and Janie Thompson

Cheryll smiled shyly as she looked at the older girl who introduced herself as Satomi before heading for the door. "M-Moreau!" she called out shyly after the other girl as she left in response to the question of her family name. She just hoped the other girl heard her. I'm gonna go outside, either walk around or read she thought exiting the bathroom only to be shoved to the wall by one of Janie's friends.

"oops, didn't see you there" the boy sneered before walking away.

Sighing Cheryll shook her head and continued outside her cell phone ringing. Looking at the number she sighed. "Hello Celia"

"Hey little sis, how's school so far?" her older sister, the one who while she did pick on her, was nice when Roseanne and Fran weren't around.

"I...wasn't happy at first. But I'm feeling better now" she replied leaning against a tree.

"that's good, made any friends yet? I hope you have, you can't be shy with everyone Cher"

"I know Lia, I've actually made three friends, Allister, Gavin, and Yorick, though there is one person I'm not fond of"

"I'm so happy you made friends Cher, I hope they look out for you, and you look out for them." Cheryll smiled at her sisters words. "now what about this person your not fond of?"

Cheryll sighed. "She's an older girl in another class. She's been being mean to me"

"How mean Cher, like Roseanne and Fran? or worse?"

"Worse, but don't worry Lia, my friends are looking out for me"

"I'm glad, and Cher...I'm really sorry about how I treated you when Roseanne and Fran were around"

"Don't worry, I understand Lia. You don't have to apologize, I knew the whole time"

"I'm glad Cher, maybe sometime I can meet your friends"

"I'd like that Lia"

"Well I'll call you tomorrow and tell Mom and Dad how your doing"

"Don't mention the bully Lia"

"I won't. Love you Cher."

"I love you too Lia, bye" Cheryll smiled and hung up feeling better now that she had talked to Celia, and that her sister had apologized to her.

Janie smirked as she watched the younger girl. Just because she was focusing on her mission here, didn't mean she couldn't choose someone to make their life hell. She's so fun to pick on, and her little friends aren't here she smirked more and walked over to Cheryll snatching the phone from her hands. "Well well well, what do we have here"

Cheryll frowned and reached for her phone but the other girl held it up above her reach. "G-Give i-it...b-back"

Janie laughed and threw the phone as hard as she could into a dark patch of trees behind Cheryll. "Good luck finding it twerp" she laughed more shoving Cheryll down before walking off.

Standing up Cheryll sniffled wiping at her eyes as tears welled up. don't cry...not again she thought but her efforts were useless. Turning towards were her phone was thrown Cheryll sniffled more. "have to find it"

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko

Milly had been studying her shoes, watching a small bug crawling across the tip where her toes were, when Chris asked his question. She hadn't expected anything like that to say the least and on hearing it, she first thought she had miss heard the guy.

Turning her head sharply and making her hair fall messily over her face as she looked at Chris, she tried to figure out if he had really meant that. For the majority of her life guys had been friends, brother like figures which played sports and had play fights with. The whole romance bit sorta passed her by, unless she had her nose stuck in one of her books.

"I…erm" Milly began, feeling her mouth began very dry. In all honestly she didn't know how to react. He's probably just trying to be nice, she thought, as she quickly reached up and pulled back the stray strands of hair which were tickling her cheeks. Yeah, he's just trying to be nice, don't think in to it. After all he did say it was just to keep you warm, and I am feeling cold…so

"Yeah, that's fine." Milly replied, giving a somewhat nervous smile. Should she shift over a little to make things easier for Chris or should she just wait? I hate waiting but regardless of this fact, she didn't exactly know what else to other than blush and suddenly become very interested in the arrangement of bracelets which clung to her wrists. Nervously, the small wolf girl fiddled with a charm which was shaped like a spinning top, twisting round and around as she tried not to think the fact that she was sat under the stars, in an otherwise deserted field, with a cute guy.

It's just like one of those get together scenes she read, but once more she slapped this idea out of the air. He's just being friendly, nothing more. After all the pair had only just known each other for little over an hour.

siiadams

Years

He couldn't believe it. Milly agreed to it! Right now, his heart was racing and he felt faintly light-headed. How weird was that! "Alright," he said, "but if you feel uncomfortable about this, just let me know, ok?" As he said this, he thought, "Please be comfortable with it."

With that said, Chris moved his right arm, circling it behind her shoulders. His hand was placed on the middle of her arm, slowly moving up and down to generate a little more heat. "I really hope my underarms don't stink," he chuckled, really wishing that they didn't. He felt her slender frame up agsinst his side and smiled, noticing that she was nervous. He hoped she really was ok, so he decided to ask her. "Is that better now?" he asked. He noticed a few hairs out of place and, without hesitation, moved them back behind her ear with his left hand. With this, he looked back up into the sky, searching for the answer to the only question he had, but was too afraid to ask her.

Khawill

<3
Years
I sat outside the nurse's office in the hallway, waiting for Elise. I drank at least fifteen little cups of water, and I promised the nurse not to forget to do basic necessities. Elise arrived holding a brown bag. "I got some food too." She said.

When I looked inside, it was a few pieces of grilled chicken and a biscuit. "Thank you, but I'm not that hungry." Just as I said that, my stomach growled. The food smelled pretty good. "Ok, Nevermind."

"I knew you'd want this." She laughed, "That'll be 5$." I nodded and she tossed the bag and water bottle to me. "I got this at the mall, just before they closed. It's pretty dark right now, I think I need to go to bed." She yawned, and I scarfed down my food.

"Go on, all the monsters sleep at night too. Do you need me to walk you there." I asked.

"No, it's fine, my room is very close. And I'll look natural alone." I nodded and she walked off.

The food didn't really fill me, and it made a pain in my stomach. I wondered why I forgot to eat or drink, it wasn't like me to forget things like that. But I stood up, wiped the crumbs off my shirt and walked to my room with my hands in my pockets. Very soon, the other occupant f this room will be back. I thought before drifting off to sleep.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Forest

"Great, now I'm armless and my hair's back to its original color..." Gavin muttered to himself. "I swear I'll kill the first person who says, 'Need a ha-'" It was at this point that he heard a familiar voice. He looked around and see where it was coming from. It was a horrible, almost cliched villainous laugh, but he couldn't quite place where he'd heard it before. Not long after, he heard what sounded like crying not far off. He went to the source, and found Cheryll scavenging the grounds for...something. He didn't like seeing her like that, and he ran hundreds of possibilities through his head before approaching her. This was inadvertent, and when he finally snapped out of his brooding he put his hand out and said, "Get up, Cherry. You don't deserve to be on the ground like this."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll sighed as she searched the ground for her phone when she heard footsteps approach her and sniffled more thinking it was Janie coming back until she heard the voice. "Get up, Cherry. You don't deserve to be on the ground like this." Looking up she saw Gavin standing above her with his hand out and she took it so she could get up.

"Thanks Gavin" she sighed wiping her cheeks. "had another run in with my tormentor. She threw my phone into the woods" she frowned looking at the ground. "I wish I knew what I did to make her treat me like this" she looked in the direction her phone had been thrown. "I have to find it before I go to bed, while I still know the general direction she threw it in."

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sorae

He opened his mouth to speak. He wanted to talk to her [Milly], regretting saying it was late and all that. He wanted her to stay longer; camping trips could get lonely fast. You screw up too much, you know that?!

He unlocked his phone and picked up the slip of paper that was now tucked neatly under the duffel bag that he had brought. He laid down and quickly registered a new contact. It took him a few minutes afterwards to find some earbuds and begin to listen to-

WHAT THE HELL AM I LISTENING TOO?!

Sorae sat up in surprise, then laid back down on the dirt laden floor. It didn't matter what song it was, it was country and it was his sister's fault. He then smiled warmly. He shouldn't get worked up over his sister; she was actually kind of his pride and joy, although she was the favorite. Sorae used to be his grandparents' favorite, but they died because of humans and their greedy selves. He was wary of humans because of it, but he held no prejudice.

Either way, the country song reminded him about calling home. He hadn't called home since he had gotten here, at that was a simple "Oh hai dad I'm at school" and nothing more. He decided to take a whirl at calling his sister; maybe she and her thirteen year old mentality could smooth things over.

"Hello?"

"Sis?"

"Sorae! How ya' doin?" Mary was cheerful in her response, as always. Unless she was preparing one of her mother's spells.

"I'm fine, fine. Feel like an idiot though. Is mom there?"

"Nah, she and dad went out."

"Oh, okay. By the way, what's the deal with loading up my phone with whatever artists you like?! You have your own phone!"

"But I like your phone!"

"Mary... you have your own phone, period. Maybe you can save up to buy a new one?"

"I'll try. Now," Mary said, and Sorae knew she had put her hands on her hips like his mother did, mockingly, "what's this about being an idiot?"

"Uh..." Sorae reluctantly explained about how he felt he didn't deserve the name Volt. He told her not to tell Dad, or Mom, if possible.

"You are an idiot, and pretty cliche too."

"Will you shut up?! Anyways... what do you think?"

"Besides the fact that it's idiotic?"

"No, Mary, of course it's the fact that it's supposedly idiotic. Of course."

"Hey, look. If you feel like an idiot, embrace the idiot. Know the idiot. BE the idiot."

"Speaking of cliche..."

Mary ignored him. "I gotta go. Getting hungry, since Mom told me to make dinner. See ya'!"

"Try not to burn it!" Sorae said mockingly, before hanging up the phone.

Hmm... be the idiot... perhaps I could do something...

Sorae began a quaint walk towards the track. Be the idiot? That must've been the-

He dropped down quickly. Isn't that...?

BEST. IDEA. EVER. Mary, you are a genius. He crawled off, low enough to blend into the grass. He hid behind a tree, sitting down and pulling out a coin. He took off his headband. First he summoned a gecko. Great, but that won't do. Then a poison dart frog. He wanted to annoy them, not kill them. Falcon? Way too big. Seagull? But there's no sea near here, or at least that he knew of! Finally, he summoned a pigeon. Usually, when he summoned a pigeon, it was the same one. The one he wanted had a birthmark on its wing. Yep, it was there. Perfect. Perrrrrrrfect.

Remember Sorae, BE the idiot.

He pointed him in the correct direction. "Black hoodie. Neko. Once you get close, you know what to do. Fly in from a different direction and fly out from a different direction. This will be the perfect crime. Remember the training drills I had with Mary-" He grinned devilishly. Oh god those were so fun when he wanted revenge, and she didn't know the first two times. Prodigy, was it? Today was just about being an idiot, though; he had stopped doing that kind of stuff to Mary (pranks) because he felt he needed to be more mature, and so did his father. But today? Today was an exception. "-and splat, got it? Once you're done, fly into a flock or fly away, and I'll take off the summon so that you can fly away with your buddies, got it?"

The pigeon nodded before it flew away. Sorae shed a false tear. Such a brave little trooper. He then ran through the edge of the forest, back to camp. It was truly getting late. Sorae eagerly did his homework from some days ago now, since Ryuu hadn't checked it, then snuffed the fire and went to bed (and changed and did all those hygienic things people do before they go to sleep) a bit early after taking the summon off the pigeon. You know, after it had completed it's job.

Before he drifted to sleep, he thought, sorry, Milly. Nothing personal.

Pigeon

The pigeon completed it's job nicely, having a perfectly landed splat on the guy's arm. That was holding the girl. Conveniently. It then showed no indicator of being sent by Sorae or off being summoned at all. It flew out of the line of sight of both people quickly, flying off into a flock. Sorae, who had timed it, un-summoned then and let it go off into personal matters.​

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
James Weiss Avery

Hmm, wait a sec… What time is it? One moment I'm talking to that Frio kid and next thing I know it seems like it's almost time for dinner. Well, I guess I'll go to the cafeteria. That's what I expected to do at least. I should know by now that things don't usually pan out the way I expect. Someone from the front office came in asking,

"Is James Avery here?"

"That would be me, ma'am." I replied.

"You have a call for you. They claim it's important."

Only one person I know would call me, and if I'm right then this will be absolutely dreadful. The staff member gestured me to follow, but honestly I really didn't want to take that call. Why would he call? Did he find out about my class transfer and the incident with the pin-cush, er, I mean Lycan boy? This is looking bleak already. Fine, I'll focus on less agonizing things until I get to the office. Well, at least this new class looks a bit livelier than my old one. I don't know if that's a good thing, though. Man, since when did I get this negative? We reached the office pretty quickly, or maybe I was zoning out again. I grabbed the phone and my fears were realized. The person calling me was my father, Rorrick.

"How are your current relationships with the faculty and peers? Are you making a positive influence?" he asked.

"Uhm, yes sir, I believe so. Is that all?"

"You believe so? What kind of childish answer is that? Either you know or you don't. I swear that you are such a failure! The whole reason you're there is to get in good with more powerful people in the academy!"

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry."

"And don't think for a second that I didn't find out about your incident. You are such a disgrace. If you had any sense you wouldn't cause such problems."

"Once again, I'm sorry."

"You better be. If I find out about you being involved with anymore more incidents I'll pull you from the academy. You will not be the reason I fail to ascend in society. Do you understand?"

Yes sir, I understand."

"I'm done talking for now, but there better be progress the next time I call."

He hung up the phone before I could answer. D**n it! Why was he so consumed by such trivial nonsense?! I refuse to be a pawn in his schemes. I stormed off to the dorms, since I lost my appetite and just wanted the day to be over. Finally, I make it back to my room. I slam the door and throw myself in my bed. Laying there I contemplate what my next move is. Do I continue this farce with father, or do I finally snap at him and tell him I won't help him anymore? I'll save that thought for another day. Not long after I fall asleep.​

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Forest

As Cheryll talked, Gavin knew that something was boiling inside Gavin, something that, if it continued to grow in ferocity, he would not be able to contain it. He closed his hand and instead scratched his head with it, to ignore the pain that would be brought on by clenching his burn wounds. Part of him felt regretful that he wasn't able to stop the girl that had been antagonizing Cheryll. Part of him felt angry at Janie for obvious reasons. Part of him felt useless. He thought that it was incredibly pathetic that he was able to give away his humanity to save his mother...but when it came to using a detection spell to find some girl's phone, he was useless. Pathetic.

"I don't like seeing you on the ground like this..." he said. He looked at her for a few moments before snapping his fingers. When he did, sparks shot out. Not that many, however. It was his attempt at incantation-less spellcasting, something that he wasn't particularly good at. He attempted the spell again. And again. And again. The sudden amount of friction collecting in such a small area over such a short amount of time made it feel as if he was running his finger across a cheese grater, and his finger bled in much the same way (luckily, his entire arm was already bandaged). He was finally successful after a number of tries, and he had a moderately sized flame floating above his finger. "At least allow me to light the area for milady as she looks."

Back