• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youkai Academy (IC thread)

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
  • Ayana Crest - Corridors to classroom number one

She didn't know if she was bad with directions, or she was just having a bad day today -- Aya once again wandered into the wrong places before she came across at the room that has '1' written boldly on a white piece of paper above the door. Speaking of which, it was odd to find it open and she was only able to guess why it was so when she saw Tyrant already inside. Nice guy, she commented in her head before she scanned the area. There were already students but what she cared about was the empty seat that was in the same position as the one in the other classroom. Smiling to herself, the catgirl walked towards the chair and not long after, she was already sitting on it, feeling content now that she's sure she isn't late, in the right room; and hopefully, no one else would bother her... or at least, that's what she wants others to think -- that she doesn't want to be disturbed.

Not knowing what to do while she waits for their teacher, Aya decided to just stare at the beauty of the view on the other side the window with her face resting on her cupped hands. "It'd be really nice to be able to go outside without having to worry about being judged," she whispered softly. "Then maybe I could stop with this facade..." She sighed, trying not to remember how hard life had been for her before she was rescued by the old lady. Oh, that's right. I'd better check on her later. How, I'm not exactly sure... maybe they have a phone here or something. Pushing the worries aside, the catgirl continued to gaze through her emotionless eyes. If only us Youkai people were treated like ordinary ones... Apparently, that particular thought keeps on popping into her mind. She really needs a distraction right now, but she will have to wait.

Years
  • Artemis watched as a boy, presumably in his Dorm, walks over to him. He smells of death, something Artemis is horribly used to. Artemis didn't know at the time, but the boy had followed him into the classroom, however Artemis most likely didn't hear him, as he had been playing music loudly from the two earphones that nestled in his ears. The boys fist lightly connected with the table, Artemis didn't seem to flinch, he was too absorbed in his drawing. However, it was when he said about annoying classmates who obviously didn't like to leave anyone alone, that was when he got Artemis' attention.

Artemis slowly looks up from a piece of paper he had been scrawling on, locking eyes with the boy in front of him. The boy had light brown skin all over his body, that seemed to compliment his blue eyes and Black hair, that shot up from his scalp. His arms were muscular and well toned, equal to Artemis' own, although his leg muscles didn't look like they could even compare to Artemis' huge tree trunk-sized lower limbs. He was relatively good looking, but looks deceive all. Artemis slowly leaned towards him, and sniffed. The smell of death was pungent, and it came off of him. Artemis only had to put two and two together.

The boy was a zombie, hence why his bones were cracking and popping out of place. No normal person...or Youkai, could deal with that pain, it was the only relative solution, and Artemis didn't see any bandages, so he most certainly wasn't a Mummy. Artemis had dealt with a Zombie before. The creature was on the Sea floor, stranded their perhaps by fishermen. She had cuts all over his body, and black liquid was pouring out of them. The liquid seemed to kill off anything that was near him, and the fish were beginning to leave the area. Artemis had to destroy the Zombie. It was a young girl. She was surprised to see that Artemis had come to her, as if she had seen some of his kind before. Her eyes...or eye sockets had seemed to go wide as she saw him swimming towards her at turbo speed.

All Artemis had to do was take her to a dry cavern and leave her tied down. She had never seemed to bother him again, or she had escaped from the clutches of the Ocean.

Artemis didn't have to say anything, he rose out of his chair and ran his hand through his wet hair, and continued to look at the Zombie. Artemis' head seemed to trail down the Zombie's body, sizing him up. However, Artemis couldn't really judge anything, as Human forms can be so betraying to the eye. Finally, he said something to the creature.

"Listen. I don't want any of your classmates, and I don't care if they want to speak to me. I know your kind, now leave me be." His voice was smooth and velvety, somehow calming as well, but there was certainly a shred of anger and sadness beneath the words, a subliminal message that just happened to be his feelings at the time being. Artemis gave the Zombie a light push on the chest and sat back in his chair, rubbing sea water off of his table.

Years
  • Jim is intrigued by this boy, who seems to be sizing him up, even smelling him. He keeps his eyes on the boy, unsure of what to make of him. The boy rises, speaking in a low, soft voice. "Listen. I don't want any of your classmates, and I don't care if they want to speak to me. I know your kind, now leave me be." He lightly shoves Jim, then sits back down, ignoring him.

Jim staggers back, more from surprise than the force of the push, an irrational anger rising in him. Perhaps he could sense the boy's own traces of anger and sadness, but the shove really annoys Jim, made worse by the boy casually ignoring him. In his anger, his concentration falters, his human disguise dropping. He snarls, his voice now rough and gravelly with decay. "You know my kind? That tells you nothing about me! But by all means, enlighten me! What do you know of my kind?" His voice drips with anger at those last two words.

Without his disguise, Jim's skin is pale grey, stretched tight over his bones. Despite appearing to have little, if any, muscle, he moves surprisingly easily, his thin frame hiding a deep strength. He is missing his hair, a few teeth, and his entire nose, and a pair of purple orbs glow in his empty eye sockets. He takes a single step toward the boy, his fist clenched in anger.

Years
  • "You know my kind? That tells you nothing about me! But by all means, enlighten me! What do you know of my kind?"
    The Zombie looked angry now, which amused Artemis, who again slowly rose out of his chair, even with a sarcastic puff just to physically show his boredom. He again locks eyes with the Zombie boy and takes a deep breath, as if he is about to let lose a terrible secret.

"You're a Zombie. You're harder to kill than a normal Human or Youkai, but not impossible." The words seem to drip with a threatening tone, one that Artemis would never usually use. "You are usually formed by Witches or Warlocks, foolishly working on dead bodies of other Youkai." Artemis grins before he says the last part of his lecture. "For starters," Artemis chuckles sickly at this pun relating to what he is about to say. "I could rip both of your arms off and throw them across the room, of course you wouldn't feel anything, but...Zombie flesh tastes the same as human flesh, and apparently sweeter than Beef." Artemis' smile shows off his shark like teeth, which he then proceeds to bite down as a joke. "And I didn't leave my dorm room for breakfast. Now leave me be."

Artemis bends down and picks up his bag of books and moves to the other side of the classroom, leaving the Zombie standing there. As Artemis starts to draw again, he begins to whistle another jingle he could remember from the human world.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Jim stares the boy in the eye through his speech, watching him walk off. He suddenly begins laughing, shaking his head and putting his disguise back up. His anger gone, he falls into the closest chair and puts his feet up on the desk. "Nothing I didn't know, except that you think I'd be tasty and you want to eat me. Sorry, Charlie, but I'll pass. Oh, this place is great. I can add an anti-social sea creature to my list of classmates."

He leans back in his chair, waiting for class to begin. "The kids here are fun characters, amusing at times, aggravating at others, but a decent bunch. So far I've either driven them away or they don't want me around to begin with, though. Oh well. I'm here for knowledge, not friendship."

Years
  • "Oh of course I wouldn't want to eat you." Artemis says without looking up, it's easy to multi-task when you're trying to eat food and swim at the same time in the Ocean. "You're too skinny, there would be no point." Artemis does finally look up and he attempts a smile, which makes him look very peculiar. "It appears we have quite the thing in common, whatever your name is." He mumbled loudly enough so the Zombie could hear him.

"How about you tell me what those class mates are like?" Artemis said. He hated it when people wouldn't leave you alone, everyone should be able to have their own privacy. Artemis thought it was rude of people to continuously talk to you if you were doing something important, or trying to get on with some work. But most of the time, Artemis hated talking anyway, however, the Zombie boy seemed to have piqued Artemis' interest. "Do we have any other sea creatures." Artemis spat. "In the class?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Rein Mishton

"I'm late!" Yelled a feminine voice, clearly jarred and in a rush. Rein came running through the gate, slowed by the heavy luggage he brought with him. Of course, he wouldn't get very far before he didn't know where to go. He pulled out a map of the academy and looked for the area that was circled on his map. "So...I'm in dorm C...okay," he said to himself. As he walked, he mainly kept his eyes fixed on the map, only looking up so as to assure himself of his position or to avoid obstacles. When he reached the dorm, he looked at it with no clear expression on his face. As is to be expected of Youkai Academy, he said. He entered the dorm and quickly found his room, where he plopped his luggage down. He wiped his hair from his face and then returned to the hall. Remembering that he was late for class, he sprinted towards the location where class C currently was.

Upon entry, he bowed and and said in a loud, yet soft voice, "Sorry for being late, I just arrived at the school only minutes ago, and I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone!"

Years
  • Hitoshi Suzuki

As Jim left, Hitoshi decided to see if he could find the rest of his dorm mates. He looked around the school a few times until he looked outside and saw a small mass of feathers blow away in the wind. He walked up to the window and almost thought he saw smoke from the feathers, though he reasoned that it may have just been an optical illusion. He reasoned the three others might already be in class already, and went to his next class. He was surprised to only find Jim and another student.

And a humid blast of ocean smell. He didn't mind the smell, but sort of like a cold glass of water left out in the hot sun would create condensation, the humidity would create a layer of water which would either freeze into his clothes or skin. Not painful, but annoying. His hair was just wet enough, so he spiked it up by freezeing it. He took a seat, somewhere in the middle of the class. A small look of worry was evident in his eyes, though he wasn't to sure he had anything to worry about. Where could Shadow, Ally, and Galvin be?

Years
  • The boy, now on the other side of the room, decides to continue the conversation. Jim shrugs, going along with it. "Well, we've got you, the Freaky Fish Guy, and me, the Zombie Boy. I'm Jim, by the way. We've also got Gavin, a warlock and a goody two-shoes. Wants to be class president, and tries way to hard to be liked. We've got Shadow, who's a nice girl, but has a few personality issues to work through. She's a Siren, so I imagine you might know about her kind. Maybe you've met some of her type under the sea."

At this moment, Hitoshi enters, earning a lazy wave from Jim. "And this fellow, who has impeccable timing, is Hitoshi. He's an ice boy, the strong silent type, who seems polite, if he ever decides to talk at all. And to top off this expositional onslaught, we have the Kitten. I forget her real name, but she's a spastic little catgirl, and changes moods faster than a rattlesnake on a hot day."

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shadow was restless. She decided to go and get her work from her current class. "Nurse? I have some work I need to pick up for my current class. May I go and get it? I promise I'll come right back." She said. The nurse gave her a look before saying "Fine. Just take it easy. Take this note. It'll make it so you don't get in trouble for not hiding your wings due to the bandages" she said, handing Shadow a note. Shadow took the note, gingerly getting up from her bed. She set off down the hall, making sure to take it easy and not jar her wings. She finally found her next class. She entered the room, making sure her wings didn't get hit by the door. "I'm sorry for my lateness. I had a small…..accident during the break. I'm only here for my work" she said, her voice soft. She looked at the students, noting the presence of the new student. She carefully made her way to the front, keeping her bandaged wings still. She smelled strongly of fire and smoke, as she had yet to take a bath. She saw Hitoshi and smiled. She made her way over to Hitoshi and sat down in the chair next to him. She bumped her right wing, resulting in a hiss of pain. She knew he would smell the fire and smoke. She gave a sad smile. "I got into a small tiff with a vampire. Gavin and Alley were with me. Gavin took me to the infirmary, along with Alley. He's there right now, resting. Which is what I should be doing, but I wanted to come get my work" she said. She looked at Jim and raised her voice a bit so he could hear her. "Hey Jim. Not scaring or pestering the new student are you?" shea sked. She returned her attention to Hitoshi. "So exactly what is our work? Or do we have no work? If we have no work, I'll need to return to the infirmary. I'm actually quite tired" she said, covering a yawn.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sigh......Hitoshi wasn't sure if he was relieved to see she was ok or worryed about what happened to her. The bandages around her wings and the smell of smoke didn't help. "We haven't gotten any work yet, but if we do, I'll be sure to take it down to the infirmary for you all. You should really go back and rest." He wondered what had burned her, but decided what is done is done. Hitoshi just hopes the Youkai who did this to her don't hold grudges or try to attack her while she is injured.

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow simply nodded. She felt off, like something wasn't right. "If you ever need to talk, I'm always willing to listen" she said. She gave Hitoshi a quick hug. "Thank you, Hitoshi, for offering to bring us our work. I should at least introduce myself to the new student before I leave. It would rude of me not to." she said. She stood up carefully, as her burns were still very tender. She sniffed the air, catching a whiff of the smell of the ocean. Tired as she was, she was still going to at least introduce herself to the new student. She had a feeling Jim told him her name, but also probably told him other things. She yawned again, deciding she can be friendly later when she was feeling better. She simply made her way back to the infirmary, handing the nurse the note. She climbed back into her bed, spreading her wings out. The nurse unwrapped her bandages, so the air could get to her burns for a while. She put more burn ointment on her wings. "I'll put fresh bandages on them next break. Air is good for healing wounds" she said, leaving. Shadow held the blue rose in her hand again, sniffing it. She loved the smell of it. She settled into a more comfortable position. Most of her feathers had burned or fallen off, showing the pink skin that was the base for her feathers.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • "My pack is all I can think about right now. I wonder how they are right now. Freely hunting without any worry about any natural threats. I just wish I could go back to them, even though I'm not a full wolf anymore, and I may never be able to go back to how I was before. A full wolf. None of this half wolf, half human stuff." Tyrant thought without realising he was slightly growling in anger unintentionally up until he heard the door to Classroom One open up, and a guy Tyrant's never seen before walked in. "Sorry for being late, I just arrived at the school only minutes ago, and I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone!" Tyrant heard the guy say. "Just who and what is this guy? His scent seems fully human. I don't smell anything weird coming from this new guy. Is he really a Youkai, or just a human trying to act like he's some high and mighty Youkai. I'll find out eventually." Tyrant thought before taking a seat in the front row next to a girl he's never seen before. "I get the faint scent of the sea from this girl. Just who is she?" Tyrant thought.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Alley sighs in boredom, her arms and legs wrapped around a tree branch. She had decided to wander for a bit, eventually finding a tree in the middle of the courtyard. She had climbed up easily, but climbing down looks a bit harder. "How cliche. A cat stuck in a tree. Help."She looks down at the ground, a good fifteen foot drop. She gulps, hugging the branch tighter. "Someone help me..." She looks around, but doesn't see anyone else around. She sees a clock, telling her that class will begin soon, and she contemplates jumping down. "Cats always land on their feet, right?" She lets out a soft whine as she looks down again. "Ohhh... At least I'll be able to visit Gavin and Shadow after I break my legs." She digs her claws into the branch, deciding not to jump.

Legit~Hamster

Hamsters corruption! :3
    Years
  • If someone, youkai or otherwise, would have looked at the entrance of school at this exact moment, they would have seen a boy, or man if you look at it a certain way, walking out of a scary looking bus. He ran his cold, pale hands through his decently long hair, showing cold blue eyes, briefly. Chewing on a small wad of gum, he blew a bubble and continued his walk, seemingly knowing where to go, but in reality, he had no clue.

Aoi sighed for what seemed like the tenth time, stopping infront of the same stupid pillar. Gripping his school uniform in annoyance, the Ice Boy walked down the complete opposite way he went the first few times, his hand resting in an empty pocket. After a while of walking, the boy's feet quietly making an annoying sound of shoe meeting marble, he finally made it to his dorm, thankfully not asking for directions. Quietly entering the empty room, he looked all around.

The room was a bit spartan, a few chairs here and there, a dresser, made out of beautiful oak wood, he noticed in surprised. There was a desk, which he assumed was for homework, a night stand next to his bed, which looked as regular as his back at home. Pushing the room's details aside, he began packing his regular clothes into the dresser, folding them neatly. After his bag was finished, he sat down on his bed and wondered what to do now, assuming he didn't have class, since it was his first day. As Aoi pondered his new life, the clocked continued it's steady ticking, and he could hear the sounds of birds near his window. Yes, this may not be a total waste, after all.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015

Dr. Johan Karlsson

Johan was reclining in his chair when the thought struck him. He had to go to classroom 1 for his next class. Frantically tracing, Johan began to pile his stuff carelessly into his briefcase, and closed the briefcase. Making sure nothing was left behind, Johan got up out of the chair and rushed out of the classroom. Navigating the halls filled with students looking for their next classes, Johan darted his way through the pack until he found classroom one. Entering the room, Johan noticed a couple of students who had beat him there. Johan sat into the desk chair, this one not as comfortable as the last classes' chair, and plopped his briefcase on his desk. Opening the briefcase, Johan sorted out his papers, pens and laptop, stacking his papers neatly on his desk, organized by purpose. Putting the papers he did not need into his briefcase, Johan began marking some of the last classes work. Johan read each assignment thoroughly, and each assignment having a similar story. Most of the students didn't know much about their past, something that Johan expected. Johan placed his laptop next to his writing space and booted it up. He noticed that his class was to begin, so he put away his marking.

" Hello class, the name is Dr. Karlsson, and this is History Class. If you are in the wrong room, I will allow you to find the right room. If you are in fact supposed to be here, we will begin today's class," Johan addressed.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant

Gavin lay motionless on the infirmary bed. Suddenly, he started to twitch. The twitching was gentle, and it showed signs that he was close to regaining consciousness. His eyes opened slowly. He blinked a few times, but remained motionless. He then slowly raised his left hand up to the right side of his jaw, and very gently touched it. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" He screamed, unable to contain the pain from the touch. His scream was strange, he wasn't able to move the right side of his jaw to extreme positions, so he yelled with the left half of his mouth. He noticed that he had bandages covering his face. On his lap was a feather. He picked up the feather, took Gorun Nova from his pocket, and said, "Sintesis Ye." The feather started to levitate and wrapped around Gorun Nova, engraving itself in it. Gavin's eyes changed colors, but something was different. His eyes turned white and he became nauseous. He grabbed the nearest trash bin and let all of his gastrointestinal frustrations out. He returned his head to his pillow and lost consciousness. After fainting, his body started to glow a glorious blue.

"Welcome," he heard a voice say.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Kiba Ray Hiroshi - classroom 3

'Welcome students of Dorm-A.' Ray said. 'Welcome by Youkai studies, i'm mr. Hiroshi.' Ray made a gentle bow as he introduced himself. 'Today i will teach you about the youkai's, Vampire and Siren's.' Ray turned to the board and wrote down "Vampire." In very big and graceful characters.

'Who can tell me where a vampire is known for?' Ray asked the class.

Sapphire Ruby Hikaru - classroom 3

(Ooc: Ryuu went to his Dorm room to rest untill ShinyDiamond has returned)

Sapphire heard mr. Hiroshi introduce himself and speak. He asked them where a vampire was known for. Ofcourse Sapphire knew the answer, but she wouldn't say it. She didn't want any of her classmates to find out that she was a vampire.

Slowly Sapphire's thirst for blood came back, this must've been because she saw Tyrant's blooding arm. Lucky for her she could get an hold on herself so that he wouldn't find out about her, what Youkai was he actually?

Sapphire looked at her desk as she started drawing something, still paying attention to what was said around her.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
    Years
  • Kitsune Shinseina

A few minutes later, and Kitsune was inside the school with a small bag of cooked strawberries. It may seem weird, but it was her favorite snack. When the bell rang, she walked to the classroom chomping on a strawberry while humming. Yeah, she could do that. She was talented.

Kitsune then stopped. She felt a strong energy current flowing through the school like a wave of darkness.Then her sense of smell picked up something. A smell of a panther demon. Has he followed me here? That devil killed my mother. But Kitsune couldn't stay like this for long.

She had to get to her class. So Kitsune finally got to Classroom 3, and walked in (this is BEFORE class started). She found a seat and waited. When class finally started, Kitsune was still to distracted by the energy and the panther demon's scent to pay close attention. Was Hyo really here? And if he was, would he attack?

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow had fallen into a fitful, restless sleep. She twitched, moaned, gasped and occassionally called out. She basically fell out of bed when she heard a scream. She looked around after hissing from the burns . They were healing, but still very, very tender. Her dream had all her classmates in it. In the dream, they all screamed for her to help them, but she didn't. She couldn't move. One by one they faded, but not before calling her a monster. Fearing that her dream was going to be a reality, she ran to Gavin's bed. After a quick look at the trash can, she could tell he was sick. Her hand trembled as she slowly touched Gavin's hand. She felt a tear fall. She sat on the edge of the bed, simply sitting. "I know you're sick, Gavin. I know you need rest, but....but I'm scared. I don't know where Alley is, Jim, Hitoshi and a new boy are in our class." She said. "I don't usually tell people my dreams...my dreams frighten peopls. Heck, most of the time they frighten me. In my dream, you and the others were screaming for my help. I tried to move and help you, but I couldn't move. One by one you all left, calling me a monster. I..I don't want that to happen". She leaned down and gave Gavin a gentle hug. She got up and settled herself into the bed next to his. The nurse would be angry, but she didn't care.

Back