• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Young Rockets

Years
  • Young rockets

Chapter 1: Fresh blood

8 years ago on the outskirts of Fortree City...

"Combusken, use double kick!" a young green haired boy shouted.

The young fowl Pokémon leapt towards a Mightyena and unleashed two devastating kicks sending the dark Pokémon flying into a tree. The Mightyena fell out off the tree unconscious.

"You'll pay for this kid. Nobody messes with Team Rocket!" A much older man dressed in a black outfit screamed as he recalled his Mightyena.

"If only your game was as good as your mouth." The boy said arrogantly as he patted down his neat long hair.

"This town is history! I'll be back and you'll be sorry!" The man shouted as he ran away.

Present Day

In a secluded section of the Vermilion City harbour a small yacht made berth. A group of nearly fifteen teenagers jumped off and waited on the dock. All of them were dressed in everyday casual clothes but they all had small red R's stitched on their sleeves.

They waited for nearly an hour before most of them started to get restless. As most of them began to chat amongst themselves one solitary figure stood in silence in the centre of the crowd staring at the ground. He was the only one dressed in all black and seemed to be in his early twenties. His short black hair was combed over untidily.

"So, do you have any idea when we're getting picked up?" A soft feminine voice asked.

Slowly he looked up. In front of him stood a girl, at most she was eighteen. Her long blonde hair and sky blue eyes made her look so innocent. She seemed so out of place in this gang of misfits. She wore blue jeans and a bright yellow shirt, no exactly thug colours.

Before he could reply, bright lights surrounded them. The Vermilion City police force launched out of the shadows releasing dozens Growlithe at the same time. The group of teenagers scattered, most of them taking to water to escape.

In all the chaos only the man in black stood firm. With everyone else trying to escape he waited for the perfect opportunity. The young blonde grabbed him and tried to pull him away but he stood his ground. The small fire Pokémon surrounded the two blocking of any hope of a getaway.

Using his free hand the man in black dropped two pokeballs on the ground. The pokeballs rolled before splitting open and unleashing two very different Pokémon. One was a large, dark blue Pokémon, with a red underbelly that resembled a jet. The other was a smaller brownish-red Pokémon, with white fur on its chest and a large flame burning on its head.

The police officers had never seen Pokémon like this before. Their Growlithe force was no match for these foreign Pokémon. A short battle followed with the police retreating after their loss.

"Why didn't you run?" The young blonde demanded to know.

He just smiled as he recalled and replied with a simple, "I didn't have to."

"Well, whatever. Thanks for that, I'm Gwen Michaels by the way." She replied as she folded her arms angrily.

"Sean." He replied as he tucked his hand into his pants pockets as the night air chilled.

"No last name?" She asked as she tried to ignore the cold.

Silence followed as Sean ignored her. The brash youngster walked away from Gwen but she followed.

"So are we just going to wait around here in the cold for the cops to come back?" Gwen asked as she rubbed down the tiny hairs standing on her arms.

"They said to wait here so I'M going to wait here." Sean exploded as he continued to pace.

Gwen was taken back; she stopped walking and began trembling. Her eyes watered up quickly but she didn't cry.

"You should just go home; you're too young for this." Sean said apologetically.

"I'm nineteen and I'm not going anywhere. I have my reasons to be here." Gwen said as she wiped her eyes.

"Listen girly, if you're just another runaway, forget about it. This isn't the place for you." Sean said.

"Being a runaway implies that I had a home to leave in the first place." Gwen said as she turned away from Sean. "Since this isn't the place for someone my age, why are you here?"

"I'm twenty-two." Sean answered. "I have my reasons for being here. This day has been years in the making. Let's just say I have a lot of unfinished business."

"That's really mysterious, I like it. Tell me more." Gwen said as she turned to face Sean again.

"I preferred it when you were almost crying and silent." Sean said.

"I was not crying!" She screamed back at him disrupting the silence of the dock.

A small dim red light emanated from the shadows. An old man wearing a black suit emerged from the shadows clapping. A small glowing R on his sleeve gave off the light. He was completely bald with his horn rimmed glasses diverting attention away from his head.

"Congratulations." The old man said along with his clapping.

"Who are you?" Sean demanded to know as he stepped in front of Gwen.

"How rude of me, my name is Richard, the chief recruiting officer for Team Rocket and you two were the only ones to pass our little test." The old man continued.

"What test?" Gwen asked as she peered over Sean's shoulder.

"You sent the cops?" Sean questioned as he reached for one of his pokeballs.

"Of course, we've had so many slackers over the years. I just wanted to make sure I got the cream of the crop." Richard said as he pulled out a cell phone.

"So does this mean we're in?" Gwen asked as she stepped in front of Sean.

"Yes, we just love recruiting grunts in pairs. Now all you have to do is pass training you'll be on your way climbing the chain of command." Richard said as he called for a car.

"Pairs?" Sean said to himself as Gwen struggled to hide her excitement.

Last edited:

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Wow great story but i love any fan fic about Team Rocket Great job hope to read more :)

Years
  • Chapter 2: Trial by Fire

8 years ago Fortree City Pokémon Centre...

"Burn it all to the ground!"

"Sir, what about the boy?"

"Forget about him, he is not important."

Present Day

"Sean!" Gwen barked at her new partner as she waved her hand across his face.

The newest addition to Team Rocket snapped back to reality with a quick shake of his head. He slowly tapped his cheeks in an effort to keep himself awake. Staring around at the conference room he was in made him feel uneasy.

"Richard said to be ready." Gwen said as she tried to calm herself
    down.

The old man walked into the room followed by a slightly younger man. The younger man wore a black team rocket uniform, his blue faded hair streaked in white made him seem older than he really was.

"My name is Jensen and I will be the one to whip you weedles into shape." He yelled.

"Don't be too scared." Richard reassured.

The two men had completely different personalities but one could clearly see defined respect between the two. Jensen gave way as he opened the door for Richard to leave.

"You!" Jensen erupted at Gwen. "Tell me about yourself."

The young blonde shuddered but quickly regained her composure. After a few false starts she finally opened her mouth to speak.

"My name is Gwen Monroe. I was born and raised in violet city. I placed in the top 16 of the silver conference and then became a coordinator. After a few years I gave that up and decided to join Team Rocket." She recited in an almost robotic tone.

"If I wanted your life story I would have ask for it. Your name from now on is Blondie!" Jensen yelled back. "What about you pretty boy?"

Jensen walked away from Gwen and stood face to face with Sean. Jensen's cold blue eyes stared down Sean's hollow black eyes.

"The name's Sean, Celestic Town native." Sean said as he refused to back down.

"Is that all?" Jensen said as he stepped back so he could address both of them.

Jensen examined Gwen and Sean head to toe with his eyes. Gwen's uneasiness showed as she tried to adjust her short skirt. Sean stood still even though his uniform was creased. Both of them had short black boots instead of the usual long silver boots.

"You saw that everyone else in the building had black uniforms, you on the other hand have grey uniforms. This means that you are still in training and can be cut at any time. Now get ready the first step of your training begins." Jensen yelled with even more vigour than before.

The training officer left the roof and with the simple wave of his hand he ordered Sean and Gwen to follow him.

It was the middle of the night and Jensen dropped Gwen and Sean at opposite sides of the Viridian Forest, each with the mission of stealing as many rare Pokémon as possible before morning.

The young blonde found it hard, besides firstly finding a trainer at night, she didn't know if she could steal someone's Pokémon but she knew she had to in order to make it in Team Rocket. Mental preparing herself she marched on deeper into the forest.

The morning sunlight streaked through the trees and gently warmed Gwen. Slowly she rolled over to avoid the light, making herself more comfortable in her bed of leaves. As she tried to force herself back to sleep she felt the weirdest sensation. She cautiously peered upwards.

A petrified scream shook Viridian Forest. Gwen quickly jumped to her feet and tried to get out a reasonable excuse.

"What? Did I disturb your beauty sleep?" Jensen asked.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I could find any trainers last night and ..." Gwen stuttered as she tried thinking of a viable excuse.

"I under, being beautiful is so tiring you can't take the time to complete this simple job." Jensen said in a sarcastic demeaning tone.

"Cut her some slack." Sean shouted as he came bursting through the trees.

"Why should I?" Jensen demanded to know.

"I doubt there any trainers left in forest after the police issued a warning about Team Rocket." Sean said as tossed Jensen a brown shoulder bag.

Jensen's cold facial expressions changed as he began rifling through the bag. A sick smile grew across his face. The sound of dozens of pokeballs being played with was joined by evil laughter.

"Thank you." Gwen said softly as she waited for Jensen to go out of earshot.

"If you really want to thank me, go home." Sean said as he followed
    Jensen, leaving Gwen standing speechless.

Jensen led the two trainees to the Viridian City gym. The gyms towering steel doors slide open as the three approached it.

"This young weedles is the Viridian City Gym. This is where you'll have to prove yourself again." Jensen said as he disappeared into a back room leaving Gwen and Sean standing on the gym leader's mat.

The two waited, not knowing what to expect. The slick sound of the doors alerted the two that someone had entered the gym. A female police officer with long blue hair strolled into the gym. Her conceited smile and sunglasses gave her an arrogant aura.

"The day my Viridian City gym gets taken over by Team Rocket will be the day I die." She said as she removed her shades.

"I got this one." Gwen said as she stepped in front of Sean.

Gwen drew her arm all the way back before releasing her pokeball with a small twirl.

"What the ...?" Sean said puzzled.

"Sorry, I guess there's a little coordinator still in me." Gwen apologised as her pokeball landed.

The red energy faded revealing a blue Pokémon with a large red flower on its head.

"Well this is going to be easy. Officer Jen, remember the name, it'll be the last name you hear before you go to jail." The police officer exclaimed as she tossed her pokeball into the battle field.

The officer's pokeball split open revealing a large orange Pokémon with black stripes.

"Vileplume versus Arcanine, this should be good." Sean joked.

"How about some help?" Gwen asked as her confident smile faded rapidly.

"No, I want to see exactly how you 'got this one'." Sean retorted.

"Fine." Gwen retorted back.

"Arcanine use flamethrower." Jen ordered.

"Vileplume use petal dance to protect yourself." Gwen commanded.

Arcanine released a red-orange stream of fire from its mouth at the Vileplume. Vileplume tilted the flower on it head at Arcanine and released pink petals in a spiralling formation. The stream of fire collided with the petals, charring them but unable to penetrate through.

"Interesting, very interesting." Sean said to himself.

"Vileplume, go on the offensive with energy ball." Gwen ordered.

"Counter with extreme speed." Jen quickly shouted.

A green energy ball appeared above Vileplume's flower, it then fired the ball at Arcanine. Arcanine took off so fast that its legs became a blur, the legendary fire Pokémon ran so fast it blew through the energy ball attack and slammed into Vileplume.

"Finish it now with fire blast!" Jen ordered.

"Use sludge bomb." Gwen screamed her voice higher than usual.

Arcanine's eyes glowed orange and its whole body became surrounded by a fiery aura, it then fired a five pointed blast of fire from its mouth. Vileplume then released globs of purple sludge from its mouth. The poison collided with flames creating a massive explosion in the middle of the field. Vileplume took damage but Arcanine stood strong.

"Use fire blast again." Jen ordered.

"Quick, petal dance." Gwen commanded.

Vileplume had taken too much damage from the explosion to move fast enough. Arcanine's second fire blast was a direct hit. The flower Pokémon fainted. Gwen held up her pokeball in defeat and returned Vileplume.

"My turn." Sean said as he stepped in front of Gwen and threw a pokeball into the field.

Sean's pokeball burst open to reveal his Infernape. It was one of the two mysterious Pokémon that he used at the harbour.

Jen recalled her tired Arcanine and sent out another one.

"I've never seen that Pokémon before but I'm sure I'll win." Jen said smugly.

"Let's see how fast you really are." Sean said boldly. "Mach punch."

"Okay, use extreme speed at full power." Jen ordered.

Arcanine took off so fast that it became a blur. Infernape's fist began glowing light blue and then it launched itself forward. A loud crash echoed through the gym as Arcanine suddenly appeared flying off the field and into the gym wall. Arcanine fell of the wall unconscious.

"How is that possible?" Jen asked astonished as she recalled her fallen Pokémon.

"Just imagine running into a punch at that speed." Sean said.

"You suckered me into that!" Jen shouted as she threw out another Arcanine.

"Flame wheel!" Both combatants ordered.

Arcanine ran at Infernape and its whole body became enveloped in flames. Infernape jumped into the air and somersaulted. The flame on its head then extended and covered its entire body. Infernape then directed itself at Arcanine.

The two fire attacks cancelled each other out leaving both Pokémon standing face to face.

"End it with close combat." Sean said as he pointed directly at Jen.

Infernape's eyes began glowing red along with its arms and legs. Infernape then began repeatedly punching and kicking Arcanine at inconceivable speeds.

The attack sent Arcanine flying off the field and into Jen. Both trainer and Pokémon were knocked out.

"I don't believe it." Gwen said with her jaw hanging.

"Bravo." Jensen applauded as he re-emerged. "You're ready for stage two."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry for the delay. Been busy with university and working on other fan fics.

Chapter 3: In or Out?

8 years ago on Route 120...

"Hang on, we're almost there."

"I can't make it, I'm done. It's up to you."

"No, I can't do this alone."

"You must."

Present Day

Three weeks passed since Gwen lost at the Viridian city gym. The blonde recruit tried her hardest to improve but any improvement she made was overshadowed by Sean's natural talent.

"Your Vileplume took a real beating during training yesterday, how is it?" Sean asked as he stood in the doorway of Gwen's room.

"I got rid of that weak Pokémon." She replied as she packed her bags.

"I see. Are you all set for our first mission?" Sean asked.

"No, you can see that I'm still packing." Gwen shouted as she pushed him out and shut the door.

Sean returned to his own room to complete preparations for their first mission. Sean closed his room door to find Jensen waiting.

"She's falling apart." Sean said as he zipped his back pack.

"If she fails you know what to do?" Jensen asked as he walked out.
    The grizzled Team Rocket veteran stopped and waited for Sean to reply. Sean nodded and waited for Jensen to leave before he let out a deep breath.

Sean and Gwen set off under the cover of night from the Team Rocket headquarters in Vermilion City.

"What has to happen in Cerulean City is going to be a hundred time harder than any of the things we've done so far." Sean said as the two entered the forest.

"I know that, I've been preparing all this time and I also know that this mission decides whether I get cut or not." Gwen shot back.

For the rest of the trip the two travelled in uneasy silence. The entire forest was dead still, not a single Pokémon stirred.

"I'm sorry I was so short before." Gwen said trying apologizing. "But you were kind of asking for it."

No response came from Sean as he continued to walk forward.

"Oh, fine, give me the silent treatment." Gwen said as she waved her fists in the air.

"You get flustered so easily." Sean joked.

Gwen calmed down and continued following Sean. The two didn't stop on their way to Cerulean. They had to be in the city by morning.

The sun rose over Cerulean City as Sean and Gwen finally made their way into the city limits. The duo entered a building across the Cerulean Gym. The double house was vacant because Team Rocket had arranged it. The house was in the perfect position to spy on the Cerulean Gym.

Sean and Gwen made their way upstairs into the main bedroom which faced the gym. Gwen threw her backpack on the floor and jumped on to the bed with a loud sigh. Sean opened his back pack and began assembling a telescope. After setting up his station he began spying on the gym and making notes.

"Aren't you tired?" Gwen asked as she sprawled herself on the bed.

"I have my mission and you have yours." Sean said as he continued to look through the telescope.

Gwen sat up on the bed and stared at the floor. She tried to mentally prepare herself for mission. After a few hours Gwen swapped with Sean. The two carried on doing surveillance on the gym for the next two days.

Finally the night of Gwen's first big mission had come. Sean and Gwen both got into their new black Team Rocket uniform.

"Your target is Megan Waterflower, the Cerulean City gym leader. By 8pm everybody leaves the gym except Mrs Waterflower. She stays behind to feed the Pokémon etcetera. At 8pm you'll wait for the last person to leave and then you'll enter the gym using the gym security code." Sean explained as he grabbed Gwen's hand and began scribbling on the code.

"Enter the gym; beat down the leader, leave, got it." Gwen said as she pulled her hand away.

"There's been a slight change of plan." Sean explained as he pulled an envelope of his bag.

Sean handed the envelope to Gwen. The blonde trainee read the contents of the envelope before dropping it.

"I can't do it." Gwen said terrified.

"If you want in, you have to." Sean said as he tried to calm down Gwen.

"What about you?" Gwen asked.

"I got in to Team Rocket the day I beat Jen at the Viridian City Gym." Sean replied as he handed Gwen some water.

"But then why did you go all that training with me?" Gwen asked as she sat down.

"Jensen gave me a choice of anyone in Team Rocket as my new partner and I chose you." Sean answered.

"Why me?" Gwen asked sceptical.

"I have my reasons." He replied as he pulled her up.

Gwen gathered herself together and prepared to complete her first solo mission.

"Team Rocket only wants to see one person leave that gym by the end of the night." Sean said as he patted Gwen on her back and sent her of.

Sean waited at the window, watching the gym as Gwen waited in the shadows for the last person to leave. It was just after eight when the last person left the gym. Gwen crept up to the main door and snuck into the building using the code on her hand.

Gwen made her way into main battle arena of the Gym where Megan was training her Pokémon.

"They just keep getting younger and younger." Megan said when she saw Gwen.

"You know why I'm here." Gwen said.

"Yes, you're here to make me an example to all other gym leaders in the Kanto region, but that's where you're wrong. You're the one who's going to be an example." Megan shouted as she signalled for Pokémon to rise out of the water.

Megan had a Dewgong and Gyarados ready in the pool of the gym. Gwen trembled a bit but steadied herself as she released her two Pokémon.

"Say hello to Dragonite and Pidgeot." Gwen shouted as her tow new Pokémon were released into battle.

"A dragon and a flying Pokémon, how lucky. Ice beam in tandem." Megan ordered.

"Pidgeot use protect to defend Dragonite. Dragonite thunder!"
    Gwen shouted as she saw her shot at victory.

Pidgeot's body began glowing dark green and a green force field appeared around it, blocking both attacks.

"What you can do I can do better, Gyarados use protect." Megan ordered.

Dragonite began charging electricity in its antennae and at the same time Gyarados's eyes began glowing red. Dragonite fires a beam of yellow electricity from its body at the pool while Gyarados unleashed shockwaves from it mouth in the form of a roar. The shockwaves protected the pool from the thunder.

"Pidgeot and Dragonite use hurricane!" Gwen shouted in frustration.

The two flying Pokémon spread their wings as wide as possible. Pidgeot and Dragonite began to gather blue energy around their wings. When the energy began glowing the Pokémon unleashed it at the pool trapping Dewgong and Gyarados in a fierce wind vortex.
    The wind continued spinning with Dewgong and Gyarados inside a tornado of water. All the water in pool was raised into the air and dropped back into the pool with the water Pokémon in it.

"Looks like you're down for."Gwen said with a smirk.

"Don't count your Pidgey before they hatch." Megan retorted as
    Dewgong and Gyarados rose up from the bottom of the pool.
    "Blizzard"

Dewgong and Gyarados opened their mouths and gathered white energy inside their mouths. The two then fired a powerful combined blizzard from their mouths at their flying adversaries.
    Pidgeot and Dragonite fell out of the air and landed on either side of Gwen.

"Finish her Gyarados." Megan ordered as her vicious water Pokémon slowly swam across the pool.

Gwen stood petrified as the intimidating Pokémon approached. Megan was ready to give her final attack order when the sound of an explosion on the roof distracted her. A small portion of the roof crumbled into the pool as pokeball fell from the hole in the roof. The pokeball opened and released a Pokémon on the head of Gyarados.

It was a petite squirrel-like Pokémon. Its fur was bluish white and it had a dark blue stripe from its forehead that went all the way down to the tip of the tail across its back. The lights reflected of its shiny, large white tooth.

"What on earth is that?" Megan screamed puzzled.

The strange Pokémon's cheeks started to release light blue sparks and it fired hundreds of light blue beams of electricity from its body into Gyarados and the pool.

The small Pokémon then somersaulted of the defeated Gyarados and landed in front of Gwen. Dewgong tried to stay awake but fainted as well.

Megan quickly grabbed two pokeballs of her belt but before she could release her pokeball the ground beneath her shifted. The ground behind her erupted as Infernape sprung out. Using mach punch the fire Pokémon disarmed Megan.

"Sean." Gwen mumbled to her, relieved but angry at the same time.

Megan tried to run but the ground underneath gave out and she fell into a trap.

"I've got this." Sean said as he placed his hand on Gwen's shoulder.

"How did you..." Gwen tried to ask but was cut off by Sean.

"I got your back partner, go get some rest. I'll take care of this." He said.

Back