• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youngest Sibling Thread

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    (Not sure if this goes here, mods feel free to move as necessary)

This thread is a hangout place for those people doomed to forever bear the title of "baby" even when getting their firetruckin' degree. For said people to bemoan the disadvantages that come with their position and bash those people who form an opinion on how "great" it is without ever having had the experience to back it up.

I was pretty bitter seeing my big brother and sister getting privileges and authority handed to them, not to mention the former hammering it in to me that he's the older brother and gets everything attached to it. And then there's being the final name on Christmas cards addressed to the entire family.

I look at sites such as Yahoo Answers at questions that start off with something along the lines of "My little sister/brother", posted by people who have them. I sit on the sidelines and get depressed knowing I'll never know what it feels like (unless reincarnation is true which I REALLY hope is the case).

And get pissed off seeing kids laugh about bullying their little siblings.

I've recently found it difficult to enjoy films such as "Frozen" (which I used to pretty much adore) because of the whole eldest sibling automatically getting the throne plot point. Anna doesn't seem so bitter about it, but Hans... even with what he did, I find myself saying "poor guy" because I can relate (well, kinda). Not to mention "My Little Pony" because of Applejack and Big Mac assuming the roles of legal guardians for Apple Bloom ever since insert reason for parents' absence, which leads to the whole "You can't ignore a direct order from your big sister!" business. I used to hate Apple Bloom for leaving her shrunken sister on the tree branch like that and putting her in danger, but I'm sure she must have found it very satisfying and releasing at the time.

I find myself withdrawing from my family because I don't want to be a part of it. I don't want to sound like a naive little kid here, but I'm even planning on moving to live in the States and changing my name just to break myself off as much as possible. See, I don't exactly have my life plan worked out, just some small tidbits here and there which aren't even guaranteed. I'd probably be more responsible if I had responsibilities as an older sibling.

So... anyone have their own details to share?

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I dunno, as the older sibling and as a male I've always presented bias towards the whole firstborn ideology. Maybe I shouldn't, who knows.

When we were kids my sister was always one to idolize me. She'd mimic me so much and tried to do everything I could do... which annoyed the crap out of me. D:

I think Pokémon stuck for her, though – even though she originally did that because I was doing it she was mostly the only one playing with plushies, and she still plays the games I think. She might even have OmegaRuby last I heard.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    I'm the youngest and was always treated with the expectation that I was spoiled, so my siblings always got the most consideration when it came to family friends or distant relatives. My parents treated us equally, so I always got shafted at events involving extended family. "But you're the baby. Surely you get treated with favor."

Nope. I got hand-me-downs and worn out toys while my siblings paraded around with brand new shit.

My sister, the middle child, turned out pretty awesome in spite of being a spoiled nightmare as a child. She still has her moments where even the slightest bit of criticism will send her into a flying rage, but don't kid yourself, she will talk down to you all day if she feels the need. Otherwise, she has her life together and is relatively happy. We get along well enough.

My brother, the oldest, is the laziest person I have ever met. He was pampered from the start and he trashes everything. I let him borrow my car for free for a whole year, no payments, and I got it back with a massive crack across the windshield, items stolen, and the oil had not been changed. My fiancé and I had to spend tons of money just to get it back to the condition is was before he borrowed it. My mother and grandmother bought him a new(ish) car for $6000 and within a month, the whole front of it is fucked up, because he doesn't pay attention when he drives. He hit a traffic cone and acted like it jumped out of nowhere. They are bright orange. They aren't inconspicuous. He has also been given appliances for his house, TV's, laptops, furniture, hell, his bills have been paid on more than one occasion, and he still doesn't have his shit together. At this point, it's enabling him to continue mooching off everyone. My mother pretty much stopped at this point and tells him to grow up. He's nearing 30, for fuck's sake.

I can go on all day about my brother, because I am astounded at how much help he has gotten from family, while I had to endure homelessness and being without food. No help at all, except by my fiancé. We are a team. Instead, I got slapped with a petty, "Oh well. You got through it fine!"

My problem, because I am not going to act as if I am without my own issues, is my undying need to be taken seriously. Since I spent most of my life ignored and disregarded, I have a nasty habit of being insanely opinionated and brash. I also have a horrible temper. I bottle it up, so I come off mild-mannered and quiet, but if it gets too much, I completely explode on people. Unfortunately, a lot of things can, and most likely will, add to it. I have quite the Napoleon Complex and my height is only a small part of it.

My parents and step-parents are free from criticism, because they did their best and I appreciate them. I have a healthy relationship with them.

My extended family, particularly my dad's side, are the main issue. I have nothing in common with them and I feel quite certain that they hate me. I am almost a clone of my mother, and they never really liked her, either.

But hey, I am on a best friend basis with my mom, so people can fucking suck it. She doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    I dunno, as the older sibling and as a male I've always presented bias towards the whole firstborn ideology. Maybe I shouldn't, who knows.

This thread is for youngest siblings only.

However, back on MLP Forums, I, a male, posted in a thread called "Girls Only Thread". So it would be quite hypocritical of me to call you out.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    The only thing I dislike about being the younger sibling is that it gave my older sister an excuse to act like the boss of me constantly. And she still does ._.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    As the youngest, my parents would always make my older siblings do all the bigger chores, like making dinner (which is the only thing I can think of now, but it was a prevalent pain to have to do). I honestly never felt any animosity towards being the youngest. As we grew older we all started to have to make dinner so it evened out quite quickly anyways.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Being the youngest by two minutes counts, right?

Even then, my twin and I were always treated like one person growing up, so I'll count it.

Even though I was the youngest by two minutes, both of my brothers treated me like the youngest, and my mom still sees me as the baby of the family. I was the last to do things, handed down all the old clothes, and my opinions and thoughts were never taken seriously. Maybe that's why I demand to be taken seriously today. Yeah, that's probably it.

Because everyone treated me like I was so little, I tried to grow up as fast as possible. I began analyzing everything, working on the way I word things, and refused to order from the kid's menu at the age of eight. I don't have a story that really stands out, but I can tell you how my relationships are with the rest of my family.

Things are alright with my family. I have a conversation with my mom every once in a while when I'm over. We're not best friends, but I'm starting to develop a relationship now that I'm out of the house. My dad, however, I don't have much of a relationship with. Whenever we're in the same room, I never talk with him. If he tries talking to me, I give one word replies and hope that he goes away. He's just a really judgmental person, and I think that whatever I say, he'll use it against me later. So, I don't say anything. We have conflicting views on life, and I know where I got my stubbornness from, so I just keep quiet. Things with my twin are pretty good. We don't get along perfectly, but things are nice. We hang out once in a while, and make a pretty good team on LoL, haha.

My oldest brother is where things really take a turn. I don't respect him, I don't think he's smart, and I don't think he'll get better. He thinks that he can say whatever he wants without consequences, and that he'll just hop, skip, and jump through life on a breeze of laziness. I seriously think that he's going to land in the hospital someday because he said the wrong thing to the wrong person. He's racist, hates muslims, short tempered, and can't take a bit of criticism. And I don't think I'll ever have a relationship with him. Not that I want to, at least.

And there we go, my family according to the youngest.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Youngest Sibling Thread

... And if you didn't really played, you were the third sibling.

I think I have more problems being the only girl than the youngest one.

I had more advantages being the youngest one (AND the girl). I would not like to be the middle child tho.
    But yes... big brothers are bully (for what I lived)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My big brothers were awesome. My oldest brother would always keep my focus on school and education. My older brother (the middle, I'm the youngest) would always hang out with me and buy me action figures for my birthday and stuff. Although there were many arguments with my mother about me getting away with a lot of crap even though I never did anything bad. I was just more lazy about not cleaning dishes and other chores. They both played video games with me when I was younger but once I got the Gamecube, they stopped because they were more comfortable with the SNES.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    This thread is for youngest siblings
    I am currently the youngest in my family, I have a sister that is 5 years older but as she went to boarding school and I did not, I always felt like an only child, so I don't think of myself as the youngest except when my sister was home. Anyway that's how I felt when I was young

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Youngest Sibling Thread

... And if you didn't really played, you were the third sibling.

I think I have more problems being the only girl than the youngest one.

I had more advantages being the youngest one (AND the girl). I would not like to be the middle child tho.
    But yes... big brothers are bully (for what I lived)

I usually play video games by myself.

I was playing SMB1 on my laptop and felt sorry for Luigi, so I selected two player mode and kept killing Mario, and got as far as I could with Luigi. :)

And yes, big brothers are bullies. Anyone who has a big brother and says they weren't harassed by them is lying through their teeth.

Back