• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Ability!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you were to create an ability of your own, what would you call it? What purpose would it serve? Would it be hidden, regular, or a mix of both? What Pokémon do you think would be able to have it?

Years
  • Frostbite: Upon being hit by a physical attack, there is a 30% chance the attacker will be frozen. Outside of battle, if the Pokemon is in first slot in your party, the chances of finding an Ice-type Pokemon will be increased by 50%.

Not the most creative idea, but anyway. It's basically a variant of Static/Flame Body/Poison Point/Effect Spore with an overworld effect similar to Static's. It'd only belong to a few Ice type Pokemon (they need love), and due to how freeze renders a Pokemon completely immobile, it'd only be a Hidden Ability.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Rapid Fire - if a Pokemon uses a multiple hit, non contact move, it doubles the power in exchange for speed.

I thought about balancing, but I'm sure that sounds weird.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I can't think of names but special versions of Intimidate and Moxie come to mind. Not very creative I know, but it's the best I could come up with.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Sadistic: May torment targets when a Pokemon makes contact.

Torment is kinda interesting, but quite obscure. This ability's user will definitely mess with opposing pokemon who rely on coverage moves to damage you.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Glitter: The user's Fairy type attacks are boosted in power by one stage.

Not the most imaginative of all fictitious abilities, but I definitely think something that will come in handy! Ideally, this would apply for both special and physical attacks.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Soft Touch - All attacks with 40 or less Power get +1 priority.

Most priority attacks are 40 power anyway, so these attacks would be the same, but you could pick your type, have more choices.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    Bodyguard: In double battles if ally is hit with a super-effective move, user takes the hit instead.

I don't know, does sound useful to anyone because i have gotten confused about how battles have gotten lately.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As for me, I'd create something known as "Mirror Weather." Basically, this would allow you to change the current weather into its opposite. For example, if it's raining, it would turn sunny and vice-versa. If it's snowing, it would stop and some sandstorm would whip-up. I'm not really sure what Pokémon could have this, though... perhaps either fairy or psychic ones. Things like this can't normally be done without magic, which these two types are associated with. Another ability I would consider making is "Heavy Defense." If you're health goes below half, both your defensive stats would be raised. If it reaches 1/4, they'd be raised once again. Pokémon that have big body size could carry it, such as Snorlax, Bronzong, and Blissey.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Overcharge: When the Pokemon is sent out, immediately throw up Electric Terrain.
    I feel this ability would really mess with people who rely on Sleep tactics, but obviously the list of Pokemon that would recieve this would be limited to Electric types.

Meltdown: If this Pokemon is knocked out by a contact move, the opponent is burned.
    Quite often, I see a Pokemon manage to acquire insane amounts of boosts and start plowing through a team. This ability could help to combat powerful sweepers that don't think carefully enough. It'd probably be limited to certain Fire types (it might actually be useful on Macargo) but might just be useful enough.

Empathy: While this Pokemon is out on the field, all stat boosts are shared amongst all Pokemon on the field.
    A weird idea, but I think some Psychic types could make use of this ability. It might make people more cautious about attempting to set up with some Pokemon, or it could be a great idea for double/triple battles.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Burn Restore: steadily restores 1/8ths of HP when burned (aka a burn version of Poison Heal)

Sharp Blade: powers up slashing moves by 30% (Psycho Cut, Night Slash, etc)

Years
  • Scared stiff: if this pokemon is larger than the opposing pokemon, there is a 30 percent chance the opposing pokemon can't move.
    I would make it a hidden ability. As far as distribution, I don't know who I would want to have it it though. Definitely some dark, ghost, and poison types.

Rainbow-Dash

Premier Polychrome Pegasus
    Years
  • Final Blow: If the Pokemon is fainting due to another pokemon's move, it has a chance to attack that pokemon one last time before it faints.

Not the best idea, but it's pretty creative.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Bustle

Increases invasion when HP is low and allows you to automatically move first next turn. Moves like Quick Attack, Aqua Jet, and Extreme Speed will go last.

Transcendence

All normal moves become Dragon and get boosted up by x1.5

Glacier Force

When HP is low, all ice moves become super effective no matter the opponent. And if it already is super effective, then ice moves get boosted by x2 the power. Example: Glaceon survives a Flamethrower from Rapidash. Ability activities and you can kill it with Ice Beam.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Reincarnation

Revive a Pokemon (Enemy or your Pokemon) as soon as the Pokemon with the Ability Reincarnation died.

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • Seasons!- at the beginning of a battle it functions like drought or drizzle or snow warning or etc creating a completely random weather effect.

I just think it would be a gimmick kind of ability kind of like the move present from santabird himself. Be fun to have in battle haha. I say make it a hidden ability

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    If you were to create an ability of your own, what would you call it? What purpose would it serve? Would it be hidden, regular, or a mix of both? What Pokémon do you think would be able to have it?

I've noticed that many ice-type Pokemon have snow body or ice cloak.

''Ice shield'' - raises the defense and special defense stat when hit by an ice-type move.
    Hidden ability.
    Think of it as a counterpart to Weak Armor.

Years
  • Let's see...

Brick Wall: Raises Defense and Special Defense by 1.5x but halves Attack and Special Attack. This could be an amusing one, and try to make a good Shuckle.

Anti-Magic: Makes the Pokèmon immune to Fairy-type attacks and raises Special Attack by one stage whenever it's hit by one.

Not very creative abilities, but i'm sure I can think of good ones.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    These are my ideas for new abilities for every legendary mon.
    This was fun to do. :)

Spoiler:

Back