• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your "Ace-in-the-Hole" Pokemon?

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
  • I guess mine would have been the Persian I trained in Blue. My cousin sent it to me as a Meowth when I very first started and I trained her to Level 100.

https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/ani053.gif[img]
    Slash
    Fury Swipes
    Cut
    Strength

*I was young when she was around...*

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
  • My ace is... yeah i think it is too early to tell. In Crystal i just got my 7th badge today after a longggggg break from pokemon. I will post when i decide if i remember ;)

UPDATE: I decided and my choises are my Garydos and my Feraligatr save my tail in many cases.

Last edited:

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • My Meganium was an unbeatable beast.
    Unfortunately, I think I lost my Silver Game.. can't find it anywhere.. the battery is probably already dead, anyway..
    So I couldn't exactly list her moves.
    But I remember.
    She was an unstoppable force. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    My Charizard from Blue: Submission, Flamethrower, Fly (lol, I was 9), and I think EQ. It was level 67, and it gave the rival hell until Blastoise took it down. But I'll never forget finishing off the match with a Thunderbolt from...a level 55 Persian.

In GSC, Scyther. Almost sweeping the Elite 4 with SD, Wing Attack, and Steel Wing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    For me, Tauros. Simply unbeatable, never the first choice but his headbutts and takedowns got me out of trouble again and again. He played it simple and he played it well.

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • Mine was a Lapras on Silver, it managed to pretty much solo the Kanto gyms at lvl 45
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Sing
    Confuse Ray

He was epic :D

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    My trusty Kadabra, Nightmare :3

Kadabra @
    ThunderPunch
    IcePunch [i have alot of money, so i sometimes replace this with Fire Punch at times]
    Recover
    Psychic

Years
  • My Feraligatr (Gonzales, but formerly Godzilla) was the pokemon I spent the most time training, to level 100. From Yellow there was My Nidoqueen and my Pidgeot. I miss my old teams =\.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • a level 100 feraligatr from my gold that I traded to my crystal. I've forgotten the stats, but here it is (horrible moveset though)

Feraligatr (holding leftovers)

Cut
    Surf
    Hydro Pump
    Rock Smash

most of the elite four's pokemon can't hold a candle to it's regenerating might, and I think red was the only trainer to ever make it faint.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Your "Ace-in-the-Hole" Pokemon?

Tyranitar- Still my favorite Pokemon, and it really ripped back in GSC. Too bad it took SO long to evolve and train =(

I used Earthquake / Rock Slide / Crunch / Thunderbolt. Smacked around waters, rocks, psychics, fires, etc...

Years
  • My Typhlosion was the strongest on my team. It knew Earthquake, Flamethrower, Thunder Punch, and Strength. I think the Thunder Punch was why it never lost to my rival's Feraligatr.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Several years ago, I had this amazing Dragonite. He was so awesome, now I feel like an idiot for restarting my game. -_-" I forget his moves, but he could beat amazingly high-level Pokemon - you name it, he beat it.

Years
  • My dragonair-
    Hidden power[Ice]
    Flamethrower
    Iron tail
    Surf

I don't remember why I never evolved it though. Probably something to do with the fact that i never realised it had an everstone attached to it since I got it from the game corner.

Back