• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your age

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I turned 19 in August, I've been playing these games for a good few years now. I don't care who knows I still enjoy Pokémon games, all my friends know and my family members all know.

There are elements of strategies in the game that children might not pick up but older players can, I've been playing the games since I got Pokémon Blue. I'll probably get bored of it one day but for now I'm still a big fan.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I'm 21 and while I admit i am slowly getting tired of the series in some elements, I'll always be a pokemon fanboy. That being said, I do try to be discrete about it in the real world simply because people don't always handle that well.

I'm 14, and don't care about what people say because pokemon is a lot more strategic than call of duty.
    You sir, have won cookies for life from this fandom.

And it's true, most "Adult" games are mindless shooters with no story, no character development, etc. other than "That's a bad guy, kill him." And it's reflected in the players. Ever hear those people on voice chat playing halo? 'Nuff said.

shot571

15 nearly 16 and Im still playing :D. I know a friend who plays my age. And cousins who got me hooked on it about 10 years ago who still play it too they should be in thier 20's now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ah yes... Well my age isn't in my profile else I'd want to tell you but I fall within the age-group that experienced the first generation fully. Perhaps this is why this site is in general filled with decent people, you know, we haven't been so fickle about Pokemon and probably other things; we weren't part of the fad it caused so much as genuinely enjoying it at the time and still now. Now, for me, Pokemon has become a bit complex, it's become a lot more than type matchups; probably an ironic thing to say, you'd think I'd be keen to take it in as I got older, but nah... I don't really play Pokemon anymore, but I'll sit and talk at length about the games' simpler aspects.

I have to say that unless you're polling other places as well you won't get a really fair show of opinions. We're all here because we like Pokemon, so regardless of age that's what we do; this and there's the fact that most of the younger children that play the games aren't usually allowed about on the Internet by their parents yet.

Last edited:

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
    Years
    Lol, I'm turning 12 tomorrow. ._.
    I am one of the youngest persons of PC, but I got real-life friends addicted to Pokemon. And now, they no longer call me childish. Even if most of the school knows me as "The Pokefan", most of them have been in my situation and understand me.

But what I hate the most is a classmate of mine which started playing Pokemon to get a girl I helped (8th Grade, 2 years older than him) out in SS like him. When I told her that... she hated him. <3 She was kinda cute tho' <3
    As am I.I have loved pokemon since I found Yellow in a garage sale.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I'm 19!
    I feel a little old. I'm amazed that younger people know how to use the computer. I'm not so good at computers and really didn't start till I was 17

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm 19!
    I feel a little old. I'm amazed that younger people know how to use the computer. I'm not so good at computers and really didn't start till I was 17
    Computer knowledge starts earlier and earlier as technology becomes more and more common place. For instance, I really didn't learn how to use a computer until I entered junior high school, while students these days are used to using computers by first grade, or maybe even kindergarten. It's still amazing how life changes.

While I'm reminiscing about junior high, I've been playing Pokemon since then, pretty much. I'm twenty-three now, and obviously still a fan. While I'm not as into it as I used to be (for instance, I forget about some Pokemon), I still like it enough to want to talk about it with other fans.

Personally, for me, it got easier to admit that I like Pokemon as I got older. In high school, I was mocked for still playing the games. As I went through college, things got a little easier, where people might say a few comments or they might actually play along with me. Now, though, at my workplace, I'm just known as a Pokemon fan, and that's fine with everyone. It's just a part of who I am.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Computer knowledge starts earlier and earlier as technology becomes more and more common place. For instance, I really didn't learn how to use a computer until I entered junior high school, while students these days are used to using computers by first grade, or maybe even kindergarten. It's still amazing how life changes.

I'm the same age as you and I remember being on the Internet when I was in kindergarten...not that the Internet was anything special way back then or anything, just a bunch of text-based newsfeeds and chatrooms. Then again, the circumstances of my childhood were probably different than yours. you probably didn't have a parent working for the computer industry. XD

Like I said earlier, I was already in middle school when Red/Blue came out here in America. Because of this, Pokemon doesn't carry as much nostalgia for me as say...SNES games like SMW or DKC, Disney movies, or early Power Rangers series. It was just something I liked, and was apparently much better at than most people my age. Most kids my age couldn't recite the first 151 pokemon in national dex order or memorize every pokemon's movepool like I could back then. XD

As soon as the fad disappeared, and believe me, it lasted for about two years, even in a middle school environment, I was still able to save my reputation because people just assumed it was another angle of my Nintendo fanboyism...of which people openly knew about me. XD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Spoiler:
    This sums it pretty much up.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    im 14 ^^
    i play pkmn,
    but considering im not exactly 'popular'
    i dont go bragging about being a pokenerd :$

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    September/October 2004 was around the date I started playing pokemon. I know this because that is the date that Leaf Green/Fire Red were released and I remember getting Leaf Green the day it came out then two days later getting Fire Red 'cause I'd already beat Leaf Green.

Those were the days my life started. Hehe.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm 13 so I would have started when I was about 7. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Old enough to be the father of many on here. And yes, very much someone who enjoys Pokemon. Never let anyone tell you that you are too old to like something. Be proud of what you enjoy and make the most of it in your life.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    14. Catching monsters and putting them into the battle pit, what's not too like. It's kind of hard for me to quit Pokemon considering that I've been playing since I was 6.

Back