• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your anime/manga collection!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    A questionnaire. Okay, I'll bite XD Just to get everyone started, here are pics of all of my anime DVDs. I don't know that it's the most impressive collection, but maybe it is a little more so when you factor in that I've only been buying anime for two or three months, hah. My manga is in storage so no pics of that.

Spoiler:

• So how large is your anime/manga collection?
    I have 20 - 30 anime series and a few dozen volumes of manga.

• Which series do they consist of?
    For the manga, it's mostly Death Note, Excel Saga, Rurouni Kenshin, Yotsuba&!, and Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei. I just picked up the Sailor Moon manga and I have several volumes from series that I lost interest in. The anime list is too large to put here, so there'll be pics at the bottom of the post.

• Which anime and manga did you receive first?
    Technically, my first manga was The Electric Tale of Pikachu circa 1999. The first manga that I purchased actually knowing it was manga was Death Note in 2005 or 2006. My very first anime was a Cowboy Bebop series boxset, though I later discovered that it was bootleg =/

• Do you still collect?
    I've slowed way down on manga, but I'm buying more anime than ever.

• What are you planning to get next?
    Manga-wise, there's nothing on the horizon aside from the handful of series I purchase that are still in production. I have a pretty full and expensive anime plate with things like ef, And Yet the Town Moves, and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica coming early next year, not to mention the huge backlog of blu-rays and dvds that I want but are too expensive.

• Where do/did you buy them at?
    Amazon, Rightstuf, ebay, local shops.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Anime (from off the top of my head, lol):
    Ah My Goddess TV (season 1 plus a couple scattered volumes form Season 2)
    Piano
    To Heart
    Someday's Dreamers
    Asatte no Houkou
    Kashimashi
    Cardcaptor Sakura 2nd Movie
    Blue Drop (most recent purchase)
    Chance Pop Session
    Fancy Lala (two scattered volumes)
    Taisho Baseball Girls

Manga:
    Arisa
    Ultra Maniac
    Voiceful (one volume yuri series)
    To Heart.

First manga and amime were Ultra Maniac and Ah My Goddess Vol 3, respectively. I still collect but not as much as I used to. As for my next purchase, I'm waiting for a price drop for either Kimikiss Pure Rouge or Amagami SS. Most of my anime comes from Right Stuf or Amazon, while manga comes from them as well as brick and mortar stores like Barnes and Noble and the dearly departed Borders.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    *5 Naruto
    *3 InuYasha
    *7 Pokemon

As you can see, my collection isn't that large yet.

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
    Not much anime at the moment, and I don't have any manga yet.

Series-

Inuyasha
    Record of Lodoss War
    Record of Lodoss War- Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
    Rune Soldier

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    So how large is your anime/manga collection?
    Around 65 last time I checked (I used to have 20 volumes of Shaman King, but I sold them a few months ago).

Which series do they consist of?
    Death Note, FMA, Soul Eater, Black Butler, Bleach, Yotsuba&!, and Claymore.

Which anime and manga did you receive first?
    Death Note.

Do you still collect?
    Eeyup.

What are you planning to get next?
    xxxHolic, if I manage to find a copy. I also plan to buy all of the remaining Soul Eater and Claymore volumes I haven't bought yet.

Where do/did you buy them at?
    A bookstore in town (a shopping district) called 'Waterstones'. I also bought a couple at another store whose name I forgot, but it also sold a ton of Doctor Who stuff.

Show pictures of your collection if you want!
    I don't have a pic, but I do have a list:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Hoo boy.

So how large is your anime/manga collection?
    Depends on how you define "large". It isn't big enough to take over my bookshelf, but...

Which series do they consist of?
    Anime:
    Fairy Tail Volume 1 dad you better get me Volume 2 if I get a good report card
    Soul Eater (entire series)
    Slayers (entire series)
    Slayers Next (entire series)
    Slayers Try (entire series)
    CLANNAD (entire series; undubbed version)
    CLANNAD: After Story (half the series; undubbed version)
    Millennium Actress
    Spirited Away
    Princess Mononoke
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Ponyo
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    Gurren Lagann (1/4th the series)
    Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (entire series; guess you'd call it bootleg since the anime was never brought to America and the Chinese added *terrible* English subs?)
    Pokemon movies 1-8
    Ouran High School Host Club (half the series)

Manga:
    Quite a few series in a bin that I need to get rid of (Tokyo Mew Mew (plus a la Mode), Pichi Pichi Pitch, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Haruhi Suzumiya, Full Moon o Sagashite, Gentleman's Alliance Cross, ION...)
    At least one Pokemon Special (or Adventures, if you prefer the English title) though it's a "Best of"; I think I might have the first reintroduced volume too
    Four of the LoZ mangas...iirc (both OoT mangas, MM, and one of the GBC Oracle games?)
    Fairy Tail Volumes 1-2
    Monster Hunter Orage Volumes 1-4 (in Japanese; never thought it was gonna be brought to America so I bought it while I had the chance, but guess I was wrong)
    D.Gray-Man Volumes 1-2
    ...And if you want to count them, the Fairy Tail+ art book and the Fairy Tail Anime art book

Which anime and manga did you receive first?
    For anime, definitely Pokemon. For manga, I remember seeing someone at camp reading a book the "wrong" way and so I bought said book plus another one with my mom. Said book was the first volume of Di Gi Charat and the other book was the second volume of Ranma 1/2. Note that I was going into 3rd grade and my mom didn't notice the ratings.

Do you still collect?
    Hell yeah.

What are you planning to get next?
    Fairy Tail Fairy Tail Fairy Tail Fairy Tail Fairy Tail Fairy Tail. Oh and probably Madoka Magica when it comes out in America :V Maybe Mirai Nikki too. ...And I'm referring to the anime versions of all of them.

...OH and whatever remaining Slayers anime I can get (Revolution, Evolution-R, the movies...).

Where do/did you buy them at?
    Most of the stuff came from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. The Monster Hunter Orage and FT art books, however, were bought at a Japanese imports store in Seattle (the same store is in NYC too). Some of my anime/manga-related products (such as my Happy plushie <3) were also bought at Otakon or a semi-local store that sells imported merchandise from video games to plushies \o/ It also sells really old game consoles and games too.

Last edited:
    Back