• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Battling Skills

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
    My battling skills are non-existent.

I'm gonna have to wait a couple of years to get the right console and the right game before I try competitive games - if I do, I'd be a very naive rookie who panics over little things. (and end up doing trades instead)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My battling skills are non-existent.

I'm gonna have to wait a couple of years to get the right console and the right game before I try competitive games - if I do, I'd be a very naive rookie who panics over little things. (and end up doing trades instead)
    There is an online battle simulator. All you need is a computer and internet connection, if you're interested.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Similar to Anti, it depends on how dedicated I am at the point in time. Right now I'd consider myself intermediate since I haven't played much this summer. When I play a decent amount I'd consider myself slightly expert/advanced, enough to win a battle against a very good player but not consistently. I tend to perform poorly if I don't have some warm-up battles beforehand (this shows in some of my PCL matches).

I always feel like I haven't gotten close to being a good teambuilder. I'm only good at making semistall teams, and even those are hit-or-miss. I can only say about three of my ORAS OU teams are actually good, which is a result of a lot of experimentation (Calm Mind + Thunderbolt Blissey for countering Manaphy...not bad at all). In most, if not all, of my PCL battles I only used my Gyarados + Mega Sableye semistall team. That's because it was really the only one I was confident with.

I'm still a tad clueless when it comes to hyper offense. I just slap together Pokemon that pressure a particular set of walls.

Balance and bulky offense has always kinda confused me because I either have too little offense or defense synergy. I've gotten better though.

Years
    I would have to say beginner because I am awful at Team Building. There is always an easy answer to my team in my opponents team. I am pretty good in random battle though (Mainly because I don't have to build the team). I would also put myself at beginner because I am very predictable (In my opinion). I have not figured out what strategy would fit me but I fell like that I like to stall. However, my favorite pokemon is Cinccino which is anything but stall. I like its Attract, Skill Link, King's Rock combo though. That is why I try to go for mixed teams. I would also like to say that I have no problems against Ferrothorn or Talonflame.

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
    There is an online battle simulator. All you need is a computer and internet connection, if you're interested.

Really? I'd definitely worship you if you do! Haha, I'm interested in it- hesitant and scared a bit but still interested. Please tell, thanks! (:

Years
    Surprised not to see anyone claiming to be pro(wink wink at syn and anti)!
    As for me I am noob on a monday,beginner on tuesday,intermediate on wednesday,thursday,friday,saturday and pro on sunday!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Really? I'd definitely worship you if you do! Haha, I'm interested in it- hesitant and scared a bit but still interested. Please tell, thanks! (:
    It's run by Smogon, so you'd have to follow their rules, but there's a tier and battle style for everyone. Here's the main server where I would recommend if you want to have a lot of battles:
    https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

And here's Pokecommunity's server for chatting with fellow members and battling:
    https://pokecommunity.psim.us/

It's pretty simple to figure out, so have fun!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
    It's run by Smogon, so you'd have to follow their rules, but there's a tier and battle style for everyone. Here's the main server where I would recommend if you want to have a lot of battles:
    https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

And here's Pokecommunity's server for chatting with fellow members and battling:
    https://pokecommunity.psim.us/

It's pretty simple to figure out, so have fun!

Bless you and your soul.

Haha, thank you ever so much!!

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
    About the average trainer, I always try to use the most simple attacks and convert them into efficient ways to battle... Using a Shuckle with Toxic and giving him a Sitrus berry, mostly tactics that nerve your opponent... if they make one silly mistake, I will strike them. I used to play a lot of online matches when the Nintendo Wi-fi connection was still available, and I used to win most of the matches. I'm definitely not an expert or advanced, but I know what to do, and always aim to convert situations who look bad, into wins.

Back