• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen your best way to catch pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    my best way is to hold (B) right before all the stars come out of the ball after u through it.
    (It realy works, i caught a kyogre at 1/2 hp doing this!)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    But if it is my last Pokeball, I usually put my GBA on the sofa and pray.

Of course it doesn't raise the chances though :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The Hunk said:
    No, sorry nothing like that works. That is completely coinsidence. I cannot tell you how many times people have said, "I caught Kyogre with a PokeBall at full HP!" It is really luck and blessing.
    I think a better for for "coincidence" is "psychological." I'm baffled at why Nintendo is leading people on with this stuff.

And yes...praying works also. XD

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I dont think God, Butah, Islam, Mickey mouse, will grant digital prayers :-)

I have tried the B button and it seems to work but really it dosen't. It used to work in Pokemon GSC, i heard it raised your chances by 10%. Like the normal game would be 50% by 50%, but by pressing B you would have a 60% by 40%

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Read book or newspaper after few time see if it success or failure. Its not raise the chance but i like to do another thing beside watch the ball.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    There is no evidence that press B will raise up the Chance (if you say you capture [pokemon name especially legendary] with full hp its just "coincidence", because i also once catch Rayquaza with full hp and with a pokeball in first try without B button)

Steven Hughes

Bandit
    Years
    i press and hold the A button immedieatly when the ball closes. don't know if it works, but i still will do it anyway. (a habbit of doing it for years.)

Last edited:

Chryo Sphere

What did you just call me?
    Years
    I am confused with my game though. I catch Kyogre with 1 try. Groudon 2 tries, both with max HP. But Rayquaza, the 3 regis I just cant catch! I have even tried them with 1 HP (False swipe) While sleeping!! Still can't catch with Ultra ball. I have one explanation... my game's glitched @o@

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    These dont work 100% of course but mine are best to me. Heres 2 of em

Hold A+B+L+R just until the pokeball is about to shake

Or L when the pokeball hits the pokemon, R when it shakes half way not once, then quickly turn over to L again and repeat this until it stops shaking. Just my ways of catching pokemon...

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    My best way to catch pokemon......

My best way is keep giving damage to it until the hp is less than 1/3 (The Color is turned Yellow) and give it status problem. For best chance, give 'em status "Paralyzed" by using thunderwave, or whatever... then use pokeball, greatball, or ultraball..... and I never push anything while the pokeballs bouncing..... :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back