• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your childhood games

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
I got my first GBA not long after I came out, so.. when I was 7-ish? My first games were Zelda: Four Swords, Frogger, and Donkey Kong Country. I had various other games after that, and I didn't actually start playing Pokemon until a few years later.

For PC games, I played a lot of DOOM, Heretic, and a bit of Quake. The latter kind of creeped me out a lot as a kid, so I did have some trouble playing it at first. xD Toontown was my first online game, and I didn't really play any others until the age of 11-12.

Those were the only two platforms I ever really used until I got my Xbox a few years ago, as we never had the money to afford a console until then.

Years
My childhood consisted mostly of PC games. Of particular note are Aladdin's Math Quest (which was actually really fun) and other educational games, Sonic 3, a few Need for Speed games (one day, though, my dad cracked our copy of Hot Pursuit in half because the intro showed someone driving away from the police), the first two Harry Potter games, and Pajama Sam. Oh, Pajama Sam. I want that back.

Until I was 10, by which point I didn't really think of myself as a kid anymore, my only actual game system was a GBA. Back then I had Pokemon Crystal, Super Mario Bros. 3, Shrek 2, Pokemon LeafGreen, and Top Gear Rally.

Nakala Pri

I always chose Zelda, always got flung off the edge by my brother, always threw the remote at the screen, then I insisted we played Mario Party on the Nintendo 64. :P

Good times. xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
mmm, my first video game was Super Mario Bros. and Ice Hockey (which was a split game), in which I remember playing with my dad a lot, which was fun! A couple of years later, (or at least as far as I remember) I played on the SNES with my cousins in Jamaica. We played Super Mario World, and Super Mario Bros. 2, in which I was kiiiinda bad at it and always played on the first levels, ahaha.

Soon I actually played a lot more games, which I'll list em':

• Kirby 64
  • Super Mario 64
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Dr. Mario 64
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Killer Instinct
  • Mortal Kombat

Annd loads more for the GBA, but, I'll share that another time!

ElGuapoAssassin

Lord Of Dragons
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
It all started with Mario on Nintendo for me, then worked my way up to SEGA and religiously played Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Then once the PS1 came out I played pretty much everything I could get my hands on, my favorite game as a kid I remember playing a lot was Twisted Metal and Primal Rage. Then as I got older I played a lot of Tony Hawk and Final Fantasy games until the PS2 came out.

Back