• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Consoles - First Game Bought, Last Game Bought

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Just think about all of the consoles you own right now; from your own memory, what was the first game that you've bought for your each of your owned consoles? Next, what was the last game you bought for each consoles? How did you enjoy each of those video games?

And yes, this includes handhelds, or the PC, if you prefer to add that in as well!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    SNES- First game I bought was this game that had goofy and his son in it, I forget the name. And the last game I bought was this Galaga like game, which I don't remember the name of.

PSX- First game I bought was probably either Spyro or Crash Bandicoot, and the last game I bought was ffVIII which I just got a few months ago.

PS2- First game I bought was Oni and the last game I bought was Shadow of the Colossus.

N64- First game I bought was Super Mario 64 and the last game I bought was Pokemon Snap

Gbc- First game I bought was pokemon red and the last game I bought was Pokemon Crystal

GBA- First game I bought was some Yu gi oh game because Toys r us had a special going on that if you bought an Sp you got the game and a special card for free. And the last game I bought was this Frogger game that I played once because it really kinda sucked a lot.

Gamecube- First game I bought was Kirby Air ride and the last game I bought was LoZ Twilight Princess.

Wii- First game I bought was LoZ Twilight Princess and last game I bought was Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.

DS- First game I bought was Pokemon Diamond, last game I bought was Pokemon conquest.

360- First game I bought was Mortal Kombat vs DC universe, and the last game I bought was Wolfenstein TNO.

psvita- I only have FFX for my vita because I just bought it last month.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Alright, let's see. First games:
    Gameboy Advance SP: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, but received a free Zelda II at the same time.
    Gamecube: Either Sonic 3D Blast or a Super Monkey Ball game haha.
    Nintendo DS: Probably Pokemon Diamond.
    Wii: Wii Sports.
    Nintendo 3DS: I think it was Fire Emblem Awakening.
    Wii U: Mario Kart 8 was the first Wii U specific game iirc. I think? I'll have to double check.
    PS3: The Last of Us

Last games:
    Gameboy Advance SP: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red
    Gamecube: One of the games I listed above. Never played Gamecube much as a kid.
    Nintendo DS: It might have actually been Pokemon Blue Rescue Team.
    Wii: Okami.
    Nintendo 3DS: Devil Survivor Overclocked.
    Wii U: Mario Kart 8.
    PS3: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

So in conclusion I have an awful memory haha.

Years
    Oh Arceus this is gonna be fun trying to remember.

GBC- First game was Yellow, though I didn't buy it. The first game I did buy for it was Gold. Last game I acquired for it was Pokemon Puzzle Challenge; last game I actually purchased was Silver.

GBA- First games acquired were Ruby and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets; first purchased was Sapphire iirc. Last games acquired/purchased were both Summon Night: Swordcraft Stories.

DS- First game acquired and bought was Pearl; last game acquired/bought was Dragon Quest IX.

3DS- First game is Rumble Blast; most recent is Conception II.

PSP- First games acquired were Yggdra Union, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, and Sonic Rivals (1 or 2; forgot which); first game purchased may have been Riviera: The Promised Land; last game purchased might've been Final Fantasy IV or Corpse Party.

Gamecube- First games acquired were Sonic Mega Collection and Starfox Adventures, first game purchased was Pokemon Colosseum (iirc), last game acquired was Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and last (but not least) game purchased was Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. If I can find Sonic Adventure 2 and Billy Hatcher I am buying the hell out of them.

Wii- First of my games (since some belong to my parents) was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; most recent of mine was either Final Fantasy IV: The After Years or Tales of Symphonia 2.

PS2- First games acquired/bought were Devil May Cry 3, Final Fantasy X, and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Last (but not least) games acquired/bought I can't completely remember since I literally bought at least eight and went to two different GameStops on the same night, but I think it might'be been Odin Sphere, Tales of Legendia, and Final Fantasy X-2. I also plan on getting more if I can find ones I want.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm a biiit tired, so going to make this as short as I can. lol I am only counting games I have actually bought, not games that were given to me.

SNES - First one I bought was Mario Paint without a mouse for $2. Last SNES game I bought was A Link to the Past.

GameBoy - I first bought Pokemon Red and the last thing I got for my GB was Pokemon Green back in January of this year.

N64 - First thing I bought for myself on this was...wow. I want to say Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I think I used my birthday money on it. And the last game I bought for my N64 was Super Mario 64, since I never got it as a kid. I always rented it.

PlayStation - My first and only PS game I bought was Crash Bandicoot: Warped. I don't actually have a PS, so thank goodness for backwards compatibility!

GameBoy Color - First thing I bought was Pokemon Silver and the last thing I bought for it was...haha. A French Pokemon Silver. :P

GameCube - First thing I bought for this puppy was Luigi's Mansion on New Year's Eve. The last thing I bought for it was Animal Crossing, but I need a new memory card to play it.

PS2 - First thing I bought for this was...I want to say Ratchet and Clank. The last thing I got for it was Jak X: Combat Racing Actually, I purged my phone of some pictures last night and I always take pics of new games and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition was the last PS2 game I bought so yeah!

GameBoy Advance - I first bought Pokemon Sapphire for it. And the last thing I bought for it was Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.

Wii - First game I got for my Wii was also the first I bought, and that was unfortunately Pokemon Battle Revolution. The last thing I bought for my Wii was Animal Crossing: City Folk.

DS - My first DS purchases were Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on release day. The last thing I bought for my DS was Okamiden for my 20th birthday Pokemon Black and White 2 on release day. I turned 20 in August and then they came out in October, so yeah.

Xbox 360 - I don't know if this counts, but when I bought my 360, it came with Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts as a combo. If that doesn't count, then my first purchase for it was Bioshock, also my first rated M game I bought and owned. My latest was Final Fantasy XIII-2.

3DS - First game I bought and owned for the love of my life was Ocarina of Time 3D. The latest thing I bought, just last Saturday actually, was Theatrythm Final Fantasy.

I believe that's it. I hope I remembered all that correctly...what a way to jog your memory, I gotta say! Haha.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Gameboy (Colour) - First game was Pokémon Red, last game was... honestly, I have no idea. Too long ago!

Gameboy Advance - Super Mario Advance is what we got with the GBA. It doesn't even seem to be on my Backloggery so I can't say I ever got attached to that one. Last game I bought for it was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Since for years and years, COM was my favourite Kingdom Hearts title, I decided I wanted to own it in Japanese so I got a cheap copy of it. :)

Nintendo DS - I think I got Pokémon Dash and Super Mario 64 DS at the same time as our original DS. I remember really liking the minigames in SM64 but loool Dash was so bad. Most recent game I bought... I guess it would probably have been Pokémon Black 2? I didn't enjoy it a whole lot.

Nintendo 3DS - I bought my 3DS when Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance came out. :D The most recent game I got for that 3DS was Theatrhythm: Curtain Call. Then I bought my roommate's English 3DS off him before he moved away the other week, so I ran out to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening as my most recent 3DS title. That's the first and last title on that one, haha.

PSP - Daxter came bundled with the PSP that I got, and I also picked up Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII the same day. I can't tell you a single thing about the former, despite playing it, but I can say that the latter is one of the best games I've ever played! The most recent game I got for PSP was uhh... Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave. I'm very behind on my backlog so I haven't even thought about starting this yet. :(

PS Vita - The game that came with my Vita was Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. I haven't touched it yet and I'm not sure if I ever will, lol. The most recent game I got for Vita was... I guess it was the Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster? I'm really enjoying that! I'm glad I got it on PSV because I think it looks a LOT better on that than PS3.

Nintendo 64 - I think we got... man, I don't even know. I think we got Super Mario 64 when we got our N64? I have no clue. I also don't know what the last game we got was. It all kind of blurs together for me from back then! Maybe it was Paper Mario because I remember kind of ignoring our Gamecube for a while because I was still playing this game...

Gamecube - We got this one with Luigi's Mansion. The last game I got for it was... no clue, lol.

Wii - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Lmao sob I bought that months before we finally managed to find a Wii back when it came out. MONTHS. :( I think the last game I bought for Wii was Boom Blox: Bash Party. My household really liked the first Boom Blox but we didn't really get into the second one, probably because we expended all our patience trying to 100% the first one and it got sooo frustrating.

Wii U - The only game I have for this is Mario Kart 8, which I've technically only played on my former roommate's Wii U. My mom has a Wii U, though, which is why I bought my own copy of the game. I haven't visited her since she bought it, though. @_@

Playstation 2 - I bought Kingdom Hearts a few months before I ever got the PS2 for Christmas. (And we got the memory card months before that when we rented one, lol.) The last PS2 game I got was... uh, well I borrowed Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut from a friend (hi David, if you're reading this) ages ago and never gave it back, whoops. I guess it's that.

Playstation 3 - I don't even remember the names of the games we got with the PS3 because one was a Madden and... idk the other one. The first game I bought for myself on it was Assassin's Creed. I really loved that game, and bought it again on 360 and then PC, haha. The most recent game I got for it was... I guess Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. No idea what that's like because I still haven't played it.

Xbox 360 - I think Bioshock came with my 360, and then at the same time I bought Eternal Sonata and Beautiful Katamari. I really liked all three of those games but when I finally played it, Bioshock became one of my favourite games of all time. I didn't expect to like it at all, at the time. I think the last game I got on 360 was uhh... Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Whoops, that was a really long time ago...

I won't bother with PC since the last game I got on that was probably some indie bundle that I'll never touch and I've been playing computer games since I was 2 so I have no clue what would've come first for that. :P But... I think that should be all of them, otherwise?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    PSP - Nothing xD I didn't buy any games for this beautiful pirate console =D

First
    PSV
    - Digital = Gravity Rush as PS+ subscription
    - Physical = Persona 4 Golden

PS3
    - Digital = Okami HD as PS+ subscription
    - Physical = The Last of Us as a part of bundle or Time and Eternity as the first truly bought game.

Last
    PSV
    - Digital = Terraria
    - Physical = Mind-0

PS3
    - Digital = One Piece: Kaizoku Musou
    - Physical = Final Fantasy XIII

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Firstly, there's a few consoles I have that I never bought a thing for.
    My Dreamcast was given to me as a gift from a friend, and it came with Space Channel 5, House of the Dead 2, and GTA 2.
    My Gameboy Color was a present from my parents, and they only ever bought Pokemon G/S/C for it, so that's the only purpose it ever had.

As for the N64 and everything before it.. I've never made a purchase for any of them. My parents always grabbed the game systems almost as soon as they came out, a few months later at the most. I was only 8 or 9 when I got the Gamecube for my birthday, so I wouldn't have been older than 3 or 4 when we got the N64. My memory ain't that good, lol.

First

Spoiler:

Last

Spoiler:

I'm surprised I could answer this, but I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. Or the last time I vacuumed. Shows where my priorities are.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
    PlayStation: First game was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Last one was Crash Team Racing

PlayStation 2: First game was Star Wars: Battlefront, and last one was Crash Of The Titans (Huge Regret)

GameBoy Advanced: First and last was Pokemon: Silver (Yes, for GBC, but worked on GBA), beacuse I bought it from a guy at school

Nintendo DS: First Games were Pokemon: Diamond and Mario Party DS, last one was Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09

PlayStation 3: First game was Green Day: Rock Band, last one was 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, although a friend just gave me F.E.A.R. 3 a few days ago

Nintendo 3DS: First game was Pokemon: Y, last one was Pokemon X (yeah...)

Years
    Oh, boy. I'll try to do these in order of when the consoles came out.

Atari 2600 - this was my first console, I got it at a garage sale complete with 20 games, including the best games of all time, Pac-Man and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. /sarcasm
    NES - Again, another garage sale - it came with the Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I bought Xevious most recently at a game store, unfortunately it doesn't work. :(
    N64 - Got this at a different garage sale. (I'm good at that.) This came with Tony Hawk: Pro Skater. Unfortunately, that is the only N64 cart I currently have. I might get more, but they're expensive and most of the good games exist on the eShop for $5.
    GBC - This is where things get a bit fuzzy. I bought the handheld itself along with Pokemon Gold and a handful of other games from a friend, but before I got it I had a bunch of GB/GBC games already. First GB/GBC game owned was Pokemon Red & Yellow. Most recently bought is Tamagotchi, Tetris DX or Pokemon Pinball.
    GBA - First handheld. Bought from another friend, came with like 3 games, I think it had Spyro: Seasons of Ice, Mario Kart Advance, and something else I can't remember. Most recent game I got for it was Emerald from my ex boyfriend (to keep) and more recently Ruby & Sapphire (to borrow indefinitely, from current boyfriend.)
    GBA (SP) - Bought this used at a game store. There were no exclusive titles that I knew of for the SP.
    NDS (lite) Bought from a different friend, once again. This came with Pearl, PMD: Blue Rescue Team, and Guitar Hero: On Tour. Most recently, I bought Pokemon Black 2.
    Wii Mom bought this for me so I could exercise (lol.) First games were Just Dance 2, Michael Jackson: The Experience, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Most recent game is Sonic and the Secret Rings.
    3DS (XL) Saved up and bought this from Target in April of 2013. First game I bought was Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Most recent game: Nintendogs: Golden Retriever and Friends.

Years
    Uhm, that I'm playing currently...

PS3
    First - I bought six games along with the console (I entered that console generation in 2010, so over halfway through...thus a lot of catching up to do), including Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2, Modnation Racers, GTA4, and two others I forget about. I still only own RDR and Bioshock.
    Last - Far Cry 3

3DS
    First - Resident Evil: Mercenaries, but it came with the console with some Best Buy deal. First true game bought separately was Ocarina of Time 3D
    Last - Not including DKCR:3D and Kirby's Adventure 3D, both of which I got free with Club Nintendo, and not counting A Link Between Worlds, which my girlfriend bought me, the last game I bought was Pokémon Y back when it launched.

As for my other retired consoles, those are so long ago I can barely remember tbh...I know for Wii the first was probably Wii Play, the last probably being Skyward Sword or Metroid: Other M. And I do remember my first game ever, being Pokémon Yellow on the Gameboy Colour. Good memories.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ok lets give this a go.

PlayStation (1)
    First: Vrally
    Last: can't remember

GBA:
    First: Mario Kart super circuit
    Last: Probably Pokemon Ruby (I think but not sure)

Gamecube
    First: Supper smash bros melee
    Last: can't remember

PS2
    First: The third Harry Potter game
    Last: Star wars battle front II

DS
    First: Nintendogs
    Last: Pokemon White 2

Xbox 360
    First: Burnout Paradise
    Last: Batman Arkham Origins

Wii
    First:Wii Fit
    Last: Mario and sonic at 2012 Olympic games.

3DS
    First: Mario Kart 7
    Last: Fire Emblem Awakening (Still loads of 3DS games I need to get)

Indifferent

So they say...
    Years
    Let's give this a try...

Gameboy:
    First: Pokemon Red
    Last: Pokemon Silver

GBA:
    First: Super Mario Advance 2
    Last: Pokemon Emerald

NDS:
    First: Super Mario 64 DS
    Last: Pokemon White 2

3DS:
    First: Mario Kart 7
    Last: Bravely Default

Wii:
    First: (I can't remember lol)
    Last: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

PS2:
    First: Midnight Club Street Racing
    Last: Persona 4

PS3:
    First: NCAA Football 08
    Last: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

PSP:
    First: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
    Last: Persona 3 Portable

PS Vita:
    First and Last: Persona 4 Golden

I actually had a lot of fun trying to remember all of this.

The bold means it's a console/game that I still have and/or play.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    SNES- First game I bought was this game that had goofy and his son in it, I forget the name. And the last game I bought was this Galaga like game, which I don't remember the name of.
    Goof Troop

NES - Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt, Tetris, Blades of Steel, and Sesame Street 1-2-3 all at once (and that really my entire library, except for when I borrowed things)

SuperNES - Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, and Mario Paint all at once. Last game.... I'm going to say maybe Stunt Race FX

N64 - Mario Kart 64 was first, proper. Though Banjo-Kazooie and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire were picked up later that same day. Oddly, it was a few years until I got Super Mario 64. Last game Paper Mario

GB - Tetris and Super Mario Land at the same time. Last game was probably Donkey Kong Land and Donkey Kong Land II

GBC - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Last game would likely be The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Ages

GBA - Super Mario Advance and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity at the same time. Last game... I really don't know. Probably The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap as that was released post-DS

GCN - Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars: Rogue Leader at once. Last game would have been... ah, jeez, I think maybe just LEGO Star Wars II lol

Wii - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!! (and Wii Sports, I guess). Last game, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

DS - Super Mario 64 DS and The Urbz for some stupid reason. Last game, probably GoldenSun DS

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Most recent game, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Wii U - It came with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U. First game I picked up was Pikmin 3, I'm pretty sure. Most recent is NES Remix

360 - Halo 3 ODST, LEGO Indiana Jones, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts at the same time. Last game was Batman: Arkham Origins

A lot of Zelda on this list o.o

Back