• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your eyes are perfect

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Back in school people used to always comment about how smart I was, but that was probably just because I had good grades--imo I'm really not that much smarter than your average person, I was just really good at taking tests and I'm good at memorizing things. For that reason I don't really get those compliments anymore now that I'm out of school.

As far as appearance goes, I get complimented on my physical appearance occasionally--rarely by strangers though, mostly by friends and stuff. I always smile and thank them because in general I think it's nice when people say positive things about others.

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I don't get many compliments nowadays, but that's mainly because I don't meet a lot of new people. The compliments I get are on how smart I am or how good I look after cutting my hair. I tend to let it grow more than it should. :P

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I don't receive compliments everyday, but when I do, I always thank them with a smile. That's the least I could do for a little bit of kindness. Not everyone goes out of their way just to compliment someone, and when they do, they mean it most of the time and I appreciate it.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Depends on the compliment and who it's from.

My response could range from being a bit creeped to feeling rather delighted for a few minutes~

Can't say it's common for me to be getting a compliment though, heh.

Years
  • i got a compliment in mexico about the way i did my hair

my response was o rly ;D

now i've been doing my hair in some way or another ever since ><

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I was never given that kind of attention when I was young, so I always believe someone has an ulterior motive when giving me a compliment.

Years
  • Depends on the compliment and who it's from.

My response could range from being a bit creeped to feeling rather delighted for a few minutes~

Can't say it's common for me to be getting a compliment though, heh.

I'm similar; depends on who it's coming from and what the compliment actually entails. Generally, I'm slightly squirmish when people compliment on my physical appearance because I've never been used to it and assume they're just trying to get on my good side for an ulterior motive of theirs. I'm more accepting of compliments that focus on my personality and character in comparison :)

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I get compliments all the time about various things so I usually shrug them off. I try to just accept them but I find it very hard to, especially when I disagree. When someone who's important to me compliments me though I do tend to take it to heart.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • I get compliments but tbh I don't like them..I always feel awkward when someone compliment me..I stand there like "What in the world am I suppose to say in reply for that?" and I end up saying thank you and smiling like an idiot .. I don't mind if someone compliment something I make but me in person,I prefer not! (well..bf ones are good though) lol ;3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I receive compliments every once in a while, but sometimes, though, it's sort of hard to tell if they actually mean it or just trying to be nice. xD" Whatever it is, I always say thank-you. If I could think of something good to say, then I'd send back with another compliment.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Just a little thing;

No matter how awkward or shy you feel if someone compliments you do not brush it off or deny it. It makes the other person feel like you're disagreeing with them and makes you both feel awkward. Don't cancel out the compliment by giving one back either, if you want to compliment them just accept it and then compliment them at a later point.

Simply saying thank you sincerely or 'You have no idea what it means to hear you say that' will make both of you feel a lot better.

Years
  • I get compliments almost every time I go out...
    While I am not indifferent towards them ( I especially appreciate compliments from other good looking individuals ), I have learned that what might be the stars for one might also be trash for someone else: it's subjective.
    If attractiveness was more of an objective thing ( and in some aspects it is ), then most likely I'd seek compliments at every chance and work hard to receive them, because my image means a lot to me.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I don't really get many compliments. Well, I get a fair few, all of them being after I've played music (clarinet or piano), but that's about it. And generally I respond with a simple 'thank you'.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The only compliment I have ever got is how young I look. Even though I'm 23, I only look 13-16.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I can;t deal with getting compliments. Like, even when i talked on my girlfriend Lexi and she said i look cute, i'm like.."Thx.....?"
    People do say i'm a charmer, and a boyfriend material, which is nice hearing that from girls.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
  • I generally get quite a few compliments for my drawing skills or my handwriting (it's pretty neat and cursive and such). I generally just thank them and move on.

Years
  • Someone says to me:
    "You look handsome!"
    Same person says to someone else:
    "You look handsome!"

I think to myself...uh, we both got the same compliment from you???
    I look over, and assess if this other person is similar in attractiveness. If he is slightly more attractive I feel good about myself; if he is way more attractive I ignore the compliment; if he is about the same, I am content; if he is not quite as attractiveness I look in the mirror and think, "there is no way that he....and I...wait! Look at that skewed something or other here and there maybe that's why we received the same compliment" Or, I will think the compliment to the other person was insincere.

Nice right? This is what I am thinking in my deranged social-Darwinist mind when people start throwing these compliments out there left and right. "Let's' compare others against others and others against me."

Let's not all line up now to be my friend now after reading this post.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I get a few compliments here or there, but I wouldn't call it great...
    Sometimes it's just words without any meaning, this is mostly just for my case, but I try my best in making other people feel loved and appreciated, I know how it feels, and I would hate it if anyone else would ever feel like that.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I've gotten a lot of compliments, it's surprising at times, honestly. I try to accept them as humbly as I possibly can.

Years
  • I generally don't really get compliments. It's only when I dress up like

Spoiler:

or I do stuff like

Spoiler:

that I tend to get a compliment.

Back