• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite anime of 2014?

SoleilSuicune

That fabulous Suicune lover
Years
  • Well, it's coming to a close, isn't it?
    It was quite a big year for anime, with Attack on Titan drawing in some new fans. A lot of good anime was released this year, but... Which one was your favorite?
    Personally, it's sorta difficult for me... I watched a lot of short animes this year, so my choices are tremendous.
    I think I really liked Zankyou no Terror, though. A nice treat for any fan of the darker animes, I'd recommend it.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • There have been some really good animes this year and I can't pick a favourite so it's a tie between these:

No Game, No Life,
    Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei,
    Nobunaga Concerto,
    Aldnoah.Zero,
    Akame ga Kill!

I love all 5 of these animes because they have kept me watching week after week and I don't think there has been a single episode of any of them which I haven't liked or fount to be boring.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Completed
    Barakamon
    Ping Pong
    Sabagebu

Sequels
    Gin no Saji
    JoJo
    Mushishi

Still ongoing
    Gundam: G no Reconguista
    Shirobako
    Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

So no way near as good as 2013 then.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No Game No Life was really good. The animation was great, the music was great and the storyline was great. Shame it was so short. Black Bullet and Ping Pong The Animation were great as well. Akame Ga Kill was good too; Sword Art Online 2 was a disappointment.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • For me it would be No Game No Life, Barakamon, Gekkan Shoujo no Nozaki-kun, Haikyuu!! and the currently-ongoing Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso as well as Akatsuki no Yona.

Honestly, I didn't watch any of the sequels that actually left a better impression comparing to the previous one this season. Maybe SAO II just 'cause it's much better than the first one imo. But other than that, the sequels I've watched are mostly downright boring.

I hope next year's will be entertaining as well.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Akame ga Kill was my shining star of 2014. Although I quite enjoyed Shingeki no Bahumut as well :) just finished that earlier.

Looking forward to the rest of Fate UBW in 2015 - hoping another few catch my eye in Spring too.

Years
  • Well I only watched 2 new seasons of anime this year.

Black Butler: Book of Circus
    Sword Art Online II (Gun Gale Arc, anything after that was horrible imo)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I really liked Ao Haru Ride, that was a bit of guilty pleasure for me lol. It was so over-the-top shoujo that I got a good indulgence out of it.

Sailor Moon Crystal is pretty cool, and my boyfriend and I are going to watch the last episode of SAO II together next week, so there's that.

I've watched a bit of anime this year but nothing that really stood out to me a whole lot tbh. I thought Yuki Yuna Is A Hero was going to be my fav of the year but it really let me down in the last ep.

OH WAIT, I forgot about one!! Selector Infected Wixoss was my favorite of the year, I forgot that it came out just this past winter because the second season came out directly after it lol. Yeah, that's definitely my favorite of the year then.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I really liked Ao Haru Ride, that was a bit of guilty pleasure for me lol. It was so over-the-top shoujo that I got a good indulgence out of it.

Sailor Moon Crystal is pretty cool, and my boyfriend and I are going to watch the last episode of SAO II together next week, so there's that.

I've watched a bit of anime this year but nothing that really stood out to me a whole lot tbh. I thought Yuki Yuna Is A Hero was going to be my fav of the year but it really let me down in the last ep.

OH WAIT, I forgot about one!! Selector Infected Wixoss was my favorite of the year, I forgot that it came out just this past winter because the second season came out directly after it lol. Yeah, that's definitely my favorite of the year then.

Ao Haru ride was my guilty pleasure, I usually hate school romcoms but ones like that, Lovely Complex and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji I just have to watch and I have no clue why lol.

I've never seen an episode of Sailor Moon but I hear mixed reviews on it, personally it doesn't look like it could be something I'd get into.

I can't wait for Kuroko's Basketball's third season, I got through the first 2 season rather quick and now I am ampt up for the third.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Was suppose to write in this thread a while ago xD I definitely watched a lot in 2014. Not as much as in 2013 since I missed out on a lot, but it was still a good amount and needless to say, I did enjoy a lot too.

Although some started in 2013, since they finished in 2014 I didn't count them as part of my 2013 favorites:
    Nagi No Asukara - hit as my favourite romance as well as anime art-wise.
    Gundam Build Fighters - although not like the regular Gundam series counted as my first Mecha. Currently enjoying Try this season.
    Kuroko no Basket 2 - kept me happy being the only sports anime of the season.
    Gin No Saji - filled in an enjoyable second season.
    Noragmi - was something different and seemed quite new to me in terms of type of anime.
    Haikyuu!! - I only knew it was a popular manga so I was really excited to see it in an anime series.
    Kamigami No Asobi - Probably one of the enjoyable reverse harems I've seen.
    Mekakucity Actors - Although most people disliked it, I somewhat liked it haha. Only knew the basis of the original material since I wanted to go into it blind, but even when most people didn't like the anime I ended up liking it.
    Ao Haru Ride - Enjoyed it in manga and then in anime. Never usually read the manga first so this was quite a good adaptation on my half.
    Free! Eternal Summer - The homo swimmers brought on season 2 rather well and I enjoyed this season as much as the first.
    Yowamushi Pedal - It's still ongoing, but after a really awesome first season, it's still going incredibly well! Definitely hitting as one of my favourite sports anime.

It was very hard for me to cut down favourites, but I really enjoyed 20144. Hope 2015 anime will be just as awesome!

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I will only mentioned anime that has already finished airing.

No Game No Life
    A nice surprise. Probably overrated, yet enjoyable in every possible way.

Kuroko no Basket 2
    I just love this show.

Gundam Build Fighters
    Great series.

Zankyou no Terror.
    Amazing series. Recommendable.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I really enjoyed watching Noragami, No Game No Life, and Akame Ga Kill. I grew attached to the characters and was distraught when the series ended. I like Aldnoah Zero for some of the events and scenes rather than for any of the characters. They were so... emotionless.

Mekakucity Actors was alright, but it took several re-watches to understand what was going on. So after all of that, I do appreciate the storyline.

I didn't finish Black Bullet and Haikyuu due to lack of interest in the characters and worlds. I didn't find Psycho-pass 2 as nearly as gripping as its first season. I ought to complete them, though.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I'm not really THAT much of an anime watcher, and I know the topic means something different, but for me I shall reply as of the anime I SAW in 2014 :P
    I saw and loved : Monster, Death Note (yeah I watched it now :P)

If anyone didn't see Monster, I recommend 10/10

Years
  • I probably didn't watch near as much as anime this year as most of you guys, but from what I have seen I would have to go with Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

I've seen a few good shows this year like Sailor Moon Crystal & Trinity Seven and I've also enjoyed some shorter shows like I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying & Orenchi No Furo Jijou, but none of them were anywhere near as good as Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It would be a lot harder to pick my least favourite I think.

Back