• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Classic Console/Game?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, Commadore. Anything considered classic in the video game community. What was your favorite system and game? Why was that game your favorite and Do you still have the system and game?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I really love the SNES. :3

Why? Well, the SNES was pretty amazing when it came to their games - I used to play Super Mario World a lot when I sucked at it, but, it was really fun when I was playing with my cousins. The NES was also a gaming treasure, albit, I played a lot of Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. Ice Hockey, and Super Mario Bros. 3. I really wished I had Megaman 2.. sigh. I also looove the N64, if you guys consider that classic; it's one of my favourite classic systems of all time with games like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and so on. That's not to say that each of the consoles that I've listed didn't had their own share of really bad games like.. Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, but, yeah.

I don't have those consoles anymore since I gave them away to family... ugh.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I may say that NES still is in my memory, and I do enjoy playing Track and Field at that time. I still have it even though it's no longer used.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I was a big fan of Nintendo 64. It may not be as old as some other consoles (such as NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.), but it was released ten to fifteen years ago, which is still pretty old. If it isn't considered a classic yet, then it definitely should be. Anyway, I loved N64 because, at that time, this console arguably had the best graphics quality around. The only video game console that was ever able to compete against Nintendo 64 was PSOne, as it had a great selection of games—rest were almost hopeless. d:

One of my favorite games for N64 would have to be Mario Kart. My cousins used to come over at our house every weekend, and I used to spend countless amount of hours playing the game with them. We used to do coin runners and balloon battles, since we found them to be quite fun. We used to do some regular races as well every once in a while. Star Fox was also one my favorites. If I remember correctly, my highest score in this game was two-thousand seven hundred and fifty-eight. I always tried to reach three-thousand, but unfortunately, I was never able to. :( Other than these two, some of my other favorite games were F-Zero X, Super Smash Brothers, Super Mario 64, Kirby: The Crystal Shards, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Sega Genesis.. Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Streets of Rage 2. My favorite games of the classic console era.

Years
  • My answer's easily Sonic (specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2) back on the Sega Genesis, and I'm glad there are a few people that feel the same way, too. I've spent more hours playing Sonic 2 than I can count, and even played it as recently as last week on my 3DS.

I wish I still had my original Sega and games like Sonic 2 and NHL 96, as I might even spend more time playing those than I do my PS3, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    Although I've never managed to complete either (I was only around 10 when they first came out) I absolutely love the Banjo Kazooie series! I've got the HD remakes on my 360 and am forever jumping into them when I'm bored. For a game developed so long ago the sheer size of it is ridiculous. I will one day see the ending!

Years
  • Play station 1: Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game of all time. I don't have the play station or the physical game anymore, but I did buy it from the Play Station Store, so it's downloaded to my ps3 :)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My favorite classic system was the Commodore 64, and my favorite for it was Bubble Bobble. Why? It was my very first game when I was 2, and the sounds and stuff just sounded a lot better than the other ports for it. I don't have the C64 anymore because the sound ended up buggy, and my Da ended up getting rid of it back in 2007.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My favorite classic system would have to be the Nintendo 64. My favorite classic game would probably have to be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, Chrono Trigger or The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Back