• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Gen VII Pokémon

Which ones are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    Toucannon.

I've always liked the early-dex birds, and whilst I'm not overly keen on Pikipek or Trumbeak, I love Toucannon's design...and its name, too. How a woodpecker can become a toucan is a little beyond me, but it's still very cool.

TY

Insanely fond of its design and it was the first pokemon I actively tried to pursue in my playthrough, even now he's the highest level on my team. First Impression almost always guaranteed a kill for me every time I sent it out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Drampa is my favourite new addition. It's unbelievable how cute Drampa is in Pokemon Refresh. (and that special attack stat!)

Other families I love are the Rowlet, Cutiefly, Mudbray, Mareanie, Mimikyu, Wimpod and Dhelmise lines. (Also the Bruxish, Popplio and Dewpider lines are cool too, a lot of interesting water types this time around)

To be fair there aren't that many new families I feel badly about. I could have easily voted for more Pokemon if I didn't restrain myself.

By the way I feel like Ultra Beasts should be here since for all intents and purposes they are "Pokemon". I mean they have four moves, they have an ability, they have types, they're in the pokedex, what more do you want?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the Popplio line. It was under appreciated at first, but Primarina is beautiful.

I like Vikavolt for its design alone. Shame about its bad Speed, though it has Agility to patch it up somewhat.

Silvally has a neat design too; I like how it incorporates many types and creatures into its appearance. It's no Arceus sure, but it's very versatile.

The Dragon/Fighting combination is why I like the Kommo-o line. I'll end up using one anyway despite how rare and late into the game it is.

Edit: I forgot to vote for both Golisopod and Araquanid. Not only are they the first fully evolved Bug/Water Pokemon, they're also good in their own unique ways. Their designs scared me at first, but now I warmed up to them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    I'm honestly surprised at myself for this one but it's actually the fire starter's final evolution form Pyroar. For some reason I found myself giving this guy much more of a personality in my mind then I did any other of my pokemon. After thant It's Nebby/cosmog/title legendary as it's a pokemon you get from a friend in the game that I actually cared about. I miss Lillie...

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Rowlet line: Rowlet is everything I love in grass types. I love it's design and how it evolved.
    Mudbray line: This is my favorite Pokemon in the region. It saved me in more ways than one. Plus, Stamina is an amazing ability.
    Stufful line: Bewear is my second favorite Pokemon this gen. Fluffy is super great, excellent HP and Attack... it's a killing machine!
    Bounsweet line: Cute Pokemon turning into a bad bitch. Everything I love and more!
    Fomantis line: First humanoid Pokemon I absolutely love to look at...
    Minior: SHIELDS DOWN IS SO GOOD.

Years
  • I'm honestly surprised at myself for this one but it's actually the fire starter's final evolution form Pyroar. For some reason I found myself giving this guy much more of a personality in my mind then I did any other of my pokemon. After thant It's Nebby/cosmog/title legendary as it's a pokemon you get from a friend in the game that I actually cared about. I miss Lillie...

Litten's final evo isn't called Pyroar, it's Incineroar... I guess you got confused with Litleo who evolves into Pyroar.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • I'm LOVING Golisopod atm :)

the way it evolves and it's dramatic change in strength after it evolves makes him reminiscent of Gyarados...

xXLunaSolXx

Rowlet line: A little owl evolving into a badass owl archer? Yes!
    Lycanroc: The midday form mostly. :3 That midnight form looks too like Zoroark imo.
    Lurantis: I liked this Pokemon when it revelaed first.
    Salandit line: Everything about these Pokemon is fantastic. Their designs, typings and abilities are something what I wanted.
    Silvally: I didn't liked Type: Null at first, but after Silvally was revealed, I started to like it more. It is like a mini-Arceus!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I pretty much like the Popplio line but I chose Litten so I could actually get the Modest Primarina and save the good Incineroar for the incoming Intimidiate ability.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Cutiefly and its evolution are definitely my favourite of this gen'. Before the game's release, I purchased a 40$CAD crochet Cutiefly plushie. It is my most favouritist thing in my room right now <3

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Yaaaaay! Glad to see both Mudsdale and Lurantis are getting some love!

They're both just really solid designs on monotypes based on actual animals. I love Lurantis' intro in the grass trial especially. And mudsdale is way too good with Stamina, and a fun ride pokemon. Despite being an odd function.
    Oh; and Lurantis gets bonus points for being one of the first probably reliable petal blizzard users. Yay.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Salandit has become my favorite, hands down. That cheeky face and cry... I love it to death.

Jeanster4

Ice Cold
    Years
  • Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
    Vikavolt (Grubbin is much cooler though)
    Araquanid

When i saw those pokemon, i knew i wanted to use them. They looked soooooo cool.

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Gladion got me really interested in the Type: Null evolution line. Really like the lore behind it.

Back