• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Japanese/English anime people

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Okay, we all have a favorite anime character, but about the people that are making them alive? Who is your favorite voice actor in the anime industry? I hope you guys know some.

Mine would be Jun Fukuyama, the one and only voice actor of the great Lelouch and some other interesting roles as well.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I don't know any japanese voiceovers and I don't plan to really. However, I do have a bunch of favorite english voice actors, with Steven Blum at the top and Dan Green 2nd.

Years
  • Ryo Horikawa - guy who does Vegeta in Jap DBZ, too awesome to describe.
    Norio Wakamoto - Cell's Jap Voice
    Masako Nozawa - Goku's Jap voice...
    Those three especially.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • My favourite is probably Rie Kugimiya basically for the amazing job she done as Taiga Aisaka in Toradora!, her voice was really great for more emotional parts of the series as well as the more slapstick events. Perfect casting. She was also great as Mizore Shirayuki in Rosario + Vampire for pretty much the same reasons. As well as that she has played a couple of characters in bleach Nemu, Karin and one of Orihimes fairy manifestations.

Akemi Kanda is also one of my favourite voice actors, she's voiced a number of good characters such as Ryou Fujibayashi of Clannad, Kazuki Arisaka of Tonagura! and also the funny green Haired Visard woman in Bleach, I've forgotten her name but those that know bleach should know who I'm talking about.

Also Haruka Tomatsu for her work as pink haired aliens in To Love-Ru and Kemeko DX.

Finally Johnny Yong Bosch who is the voice of dubbed Ichigo Kurosaki.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Takehito Koyasu by far. I recognize his voice instantly. I might even give Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo a try just because he's the voice actor for that guy. Also, Ted Lewis and Rica Matsumoto (both did a great job with the voice of Bakura and Rica was and still is a great VA for Satoshi). Keiji Fujiwara and Shinichiro Miki do well in their roles too.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ayako Kawasumi. She seems to pop up in many of my favorite anime shows, usually voicing one of my favorites from each... Akari Kamigishi (To Heart), Nono Ichinose (Hitohira), Miu Nomura (Piano)... and she does a great job with each of them (even Nono's evil possessed mode :P )

I've also seen (heard?) Yui Horie and Yuko Goto in a number of roles and they're quite impressive as well.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • My favorite seiyu is Jun Fukuyama =) Because of Lelouch Ramperouge =D And I also loved how he dubbed Maximilian in Valkyria Chronicles.
    Then if you can count her as one... Koharu Kusumi (Kirari Tsukishima)
    I think there are more of them but I can't remember more =D
    As for the English voice actors... well I don't watch English anime beside Pokemon xD

Last edited:

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Masakazu Morita - Ichigo Kurosaki / Bleach
    Takahiro Sakurai - Izuru Kira / Bleach
    Fumiko Orikasa - Rukia Kuchiki / Bleach
    Ryotaro Okiayu - Byakuya Kuchiki / Bleach
    Shinichiro Miki - Kisuke Urahara / Bleach (Partly because his voice is VERY smexy :D)
    Hirano Aya - Haruhi Suzumiya / Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    Hirano Aya - Konata / Lucky Star
    Fukuyama Jun - Yumichika Ayasegawa, Mizuiro Kojima (Bleach) Kei Takishima (Special A)
    Kakazu Yumi - Ririn (Bleach), Yuffie Kisaragi (FFVII), Mint (Tokyo Mew Mew)

Last edited:
    Years
  • After viewing a variety of anime, I think Ryou Hirohashi tops my list of favorite voice actors/actresses. She voiced Chane Lafoyet (Baccano!), Alice Carroll (Aria), Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad), all of whom had voices almost unrecognizable from each other but all very pleasing to listen to. Some of the shows on my plan to watch list (ex. Denpateki no Kanojo, Habaine Renmei, and Working!!) will feature her as well, and I'm looking forward to them.

Tomokazu Sugita is a male favorite of mine, though his voice range is almost non-existent (though I still love his voice). He did voices for some of my favorite characters such as Kyon (Haruhi Suzumiya), Gintoki Sakata (Gintama), Yuuichi Aizawa (Kanon 2006), Graham Specter (Baccano!), and Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge).

Years
  • Yuu Kobayashi is starting to grow on me due to her roles in Maria Holic and Seitokai Yakuindomo. Her shota voicings are delicious once I realized who she was.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Ai Orikasa - Have only seen 2 series she's worked on (Gundam Wing and Gravitation) but she did a fantastic job of both, I couldnt think of anyone better to portray the characters.
    Megumi Ogata - She has such an interestng voice, again she does an amazing job on whatever character she is given.

English
    Spike Spencer - Not so much for his voice acting (though I'm quite a fan of his work), speaking to him in person is great, he doesnt sugar-coat things or pretend to be something he isnt which I havent found in any other voice actor I've come across.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • -Dan Green (did Yugi Muto in Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    -Wayne Grayson (did Joey Wheeler in above series)
    -Veronica Taylor (did Ash Ketchum in Pokemon)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Mamoru Miyano - Kida Masaomi in DURARARA!!, Setsuna from Gundam 00, Flynn from Tales of Vesperia
    Hiroshi Kamiya - Orihara Izaya from DURARARA!!, Otonashi from Angel Beats, Yukihito from Togainu no Chi, Dento from Pokemon.

My favorite English ones are Yuri Lowanthall, and Johnny Young Bosch.

Vic Mignogna is on my crap list, sorry.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • The only one I actually know is Aya Hirano... and she plays some awesome characters, so she'd probably be my favorite anyway. lol

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I'mma drop Eric Stuart in here. Just 'cause.

As for the Japanese side - Inoue Marina, Nakajima Megumi and Horie Yui (especially the latter) are my three favourites at the moment. (Guess who's been watching Kampfer? :D)

Ohtani Iku - *is shot*

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Kana Hanazawa. Every since I heard her as Nadeko Sengoku, it has been love. Hiroshi Kamiya also is one, although, I don't think it's love but admiration, I guess. Araragi for the win!

Though these people, I seem to have respect for are: Shizuka Itou, Aki Toyosaki, Abe Atsushi and Aya Hirano (Curse you for voicing Lucy!)

For English VA, the only person I admire from there is Yuri Lowenthal. Really.

Back