• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Japanese food/beverage?

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
  • Other than just eating and one type of food. There's also Japanese food and drink. So when it comes to these cultural food and drink.
    What kind do you perfer?

Some Japanese food/drink I know of if you don't know its name.

*Sushi
    *Japanese soda

And..those are pretty much it from how I can type it in English.

Years
  • There are these coconut flavored biscuits cookie things I find very addicting and I don't even like coconut. For a beverage I'd go with matcha, or a good milk tea.

I'm feeling hungry all of a sudden.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • I don't normally eat anything from Japan, but when I stayed there for a few hours, I bought some chocolates as a souvenier and they were the best semi-sweet chocolates I have ever tasted! ^,^

Years
  • My favourite food would have to be sushi as it was the first food I tried and then the candy Pocky (Kinda addicting)

But sushi I can buy from stores don't taste as nice rather than Japanese Restaurants that do it on the spot.

Beverage.. Umm not sure really. I have had soda from there not sure what it's called because it was poured into a glass from a friend when I was in Japan.
    It tasted somewhat sweet like a melon/mango (Not sure which :o)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • For Japanese food, I'll say Pocky and either ramen, udon, or soba.

For drink I'll say ramune. Which is a kind of drink with a marble sealed inside. Damn, I've always thought the marble was edible, but it was a real marble...?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Tansan Bumei is a new drink, but it's unique, and tastes awesome.

The taste cannot be explained (like Dr. Pepper) and will not be appealing to all drinkers (like Dr. Pepper), but I love this so much.

Too bad it looks like a drink that's on a limited run, since I don't see this selling too well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ahh, my favorite japanese foods by far are okonomiyaki and Japanese curry. Takoyaki is also very good <3 Along with Melon bread which I would always buy on the way to school :B Curry bread was also very good.

As far as drinks go, Oolong Tea was good. Cucumber pepsi was not Dx

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Cucumber pepsi was not Dx
    Then you really should try out Pepsi Shiso and Azuki :D

Azuki isn't so bad, if you like Dr. Pepper and can stand brain-rotting sweetness.

However Shiso cannot be described by words.
    Take this example: the drink came out 4 months ago on a limited run, and is still sitting in stores, which are selling bottles of them for half the retail price.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Noooo thanks >>;

Yeah I remember like 2 weeks after it came out Cucumber was half off haha. I miss the convenience of having vending machines every 15ft on the sidewalks now that I'm back in America :B Esp the cans of ice coffee were <3

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I quite like Sashimi and Yakitori. Tempura is also nice. The only Japanese drink I've tasted is Miso Soup -_-, so I guess that's my favourite.

Years
  • Then you really should try out Pepsi Shiso and Azuki :D

Azuki isn't so bad, if you like Dr. Pepper and can stand brain-rotting sweetness.

However Shiso cannot be described by words.
    Take this example: the drink came out 4 months ago on a limited run, and is still sitting in stores, which are selling bottles of them for half the retail price.
    The words I would use to describe Shiso pepsi are: worst thing I've ever tasted. Worse even than the Jones Thanksgiving sodas.

Azuki pepsi just tastes like azuki flavored seltzer water. Bleh.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Alright sweeties, saying this right now:
    Yan yan > Pocky.

I just had to get that off my chest. XD

Anyway I enjoy Japanese curry. I like Ramuné, but honestly it just taste like Sprite in a fancy bottle, sweeties. XD

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • i wanna go to japan once and taste all the good food

You don't have to exactly go there. There's some delicious Japanese foods here and some are in Chicago. I mean sushi, habachi, can be found here too. You don't have to really fly to Japan to taste their food. You can get them right here. Have you ever tasted California rolls? their pretty good X3 I think they orginally came from California.

Nightstar

☆ c h o c o l a t e ☆
    Years
  • Onigiri!! I love rice balls! They are almost my main staple food! ♥ ♥ ♥
    I also like ramen, yakisoba, ramune, and just plain old gohan!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Alright sweeties, saying this right now:
    Yan yan > Pocky.

Anyway I enjoy Japanese curry. I like Ramuné, but honestly it just taste like Sprite in a fancy bottle, sweeties. XD

Ah, Yan yan! :D I love that too, but I just like Pocky moar...

I don't like Japanese curry because I can't eat spicy foods.

Back