• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Favorite Mega Evolution

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
  • I like Mega Absol a lot. While the wings do seems pointless, they look pretty. I generally like a Pokemon for its appearance because I'm shallow like that. Mega Ampharos is fabulous. Charizard X and Houndoom are badass. Mega Gengar looks pretty cool. I prefer Mewtwo Y to Mewtwo X... the toes on that thing.

Blaziken and Lucario really aren't that appealing. The others aren't really that memorable either.

And Absol's mega evolution is too...I'm not sure how to put it. Too much anime pretty boy type deal? It's cool if your Absol is a female, but not if it's boy in my opinion. Why? The wings mainly, and the fur covering one eye...Does he turn into a flying duel type? If so, ok, but if not then that's just pointless to me.

What a lovely beard female Mega Alakazam has.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like Mega Absol a lot. While the wings do seems pointless, they look pretty. I generally like a Pokemon for its appearance because I'm shallow like that. Mega Ampharos is fabulous. Charizard X and Houndoom are badass. Mega Gengar looks pretty cool. I prefer Mewtwo Y to Mewtwo X... the toes on that thing.

Blaziken and Lucario really aren't that appealing. The others aren't really that memorable either.

What a lovely beard female Mega Alakazam has.
    No one ever criticizes the manly looking Pokémon >_<. Glad to see someone did...

My favorite Megas are Blaziken, Mawile, Lucario, Heracross, and Bannette's.

Years
  • Mega Charizard Y. Huge base special attack, Drought ability, perfect match for me. Of course that makes me love fire types even more.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    My favorite Mega Evolution is Gyarados! I was very excited to see that my favorite pokemon had gotten a mega evolution :-)

~~~~~~~~
    Add my friend code: 2165-6299-4786. Pm me for trades

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I don't have a favorite mega evolution to be honest. I don't have a problem with the general idea, just find most of the designs lacking in some way, putting aside the stats my problems are listed below.

Kangaskhan was just lazy, take the baby out and call it a mega? Woo.
    Venusaur, Blaziken and Lucario are almost as lazy imo, it feels nothing changes at all in their looks.
    Manectric, whom I have never been a fan of, looks even more ridicules with that big back of his.
    Charizard X, don't understand what's going on with the blue fire mustache thing... it pretty much makes me hate an otherwise pretty cool design.
    Gardevoir, ironically this is the mega I'm using at the moment, but I dislike the large ball dress Gardevoir gets.

Charizard Y is okay as is Absol and Houndoom design wise, just don't want to use any of those pokemon atm. I also Don't really understand why Mewtwo even gets a mega, while no other legendary does... and he gets two. They should have given Venusaur and Blastiose two as well to just balance things out with Charizard imo. Anyways I'll stop there I have problems with most of the others as well but I think I've babbled enough, perhaps they'll be added more with the third game of this generation? Or am I just bitter because Ninetales didn't get one? haha

Years
  • In terms of usability, I LOVE Mega Heracross. He's awesome. They gave him the right moves to use with his new ability, Skill Link. He's decently bulky and he has the highest attack in the game, barring Mega Mewtwo X.

In terms of design, I have to say, a lot of them look... weird. But oh man. Mega Ampharos makes me happy. Just seeing this sheep with ultimate power metal hair, rocking in the breeze, was a hilariously awesome touch.

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
    Years
  • It has to be a tie between Mega Lucario and Mega Absol. Though Absol's gem is in postgame around the battle maison I think..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    personally i like all the megas, trying to ev train one of each atm, as far as favorites i love houndooms design.....but i only have pokemon x and will never get to have one D:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Banette is my favorite mega evo, Abomasnow is my second favorite so far. The problem is that Banette doesn't fit my style because of being a monotype so I tend to use Abomasnow or Garchomp in battles.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I really like Mega Charizard X and Mega Houndoom. I was crazy excited for Houndoom since I love him to death.

Years
  • I'm fairly surprised no one said Mega Gardevoir yet because that lady(or man) can work that organic dress very well.

Other favorites included Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario because of power and pure badassery going on.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • As they are among my favorite Pokemon; Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, and Mega Absol.

So much love. So much want. So much need.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Mega Mawile honestly increased my want to own Gen 6, and so far it's been a great addition to my team in-game and online battles. I'd love to have a shiny one :)

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    My Favorite has to be Mega Charizard Y & Mega Mewtwo X. I was lucky enough to obtain a shiny charmander via Masuda Method and evolved it all the way up to charizard, a pokemon ive always wanted. I love the Purple color that Mega Charizard picks up since purple is my favorite color. As for Mewtwo X, i liked the Y version ok, but it just didnt scream "Im the toughest legendary pokemon". But the X version is scary cool looking.

Yesiamsteve

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Mega evolution mewtwo!!!!!!

Also mega charizard X!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Back